FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Rogue Pirate TGT

Guest Witek

It os really fun deck, but very difficult if Your card draw unlucky. I drawn from 12 till 19 atm

Guest Lear

I dont have kragg, is leeroy a good replacement for him, or do you recommend other cards?

Guest Kneiten

Right.

Tried this out for many games now. It seems really dependent on your starting hand, and whether the opponent is able to clear your first few cards, and they usually are.

Then they just clear your board with stronger early game minions and you run short of cards. I always end up 5-15 dmg short of winning. 

Im not particularly good, I never got past rank 9, but this deck is by far the worst ive ever played. How someone can get to legend with this is beyond my imagination.

61% with it in testing over 30+ games above rank 5, that's an easily achievable Legend winrate. Small sample size admittedly, but i'm experienced enough to know when a deck is just drawing well and experiencing positive variance, and when it's simply effective.

Is it the best deck in the game right now? No absolutely not. Can you get Legend with it if played well? Absolutely yes.

Guest kneiten

Guess you are right about that, facts dont lie.. my skillcap is just to low. 

Tried out the oil pirate edition thought to much greater succes, it seems the better finishing power created what I was unable to achieve in the pure pirate edition. 

Guest Cogtop

I'm having a lot of fun with this deck, but seem to either have win-streaks or loss-streaks. Early board presence seems to be quite important, or forcing enemies to use board clears early with stealthed One-Eyed Cheats.

I find it difficult to know when to drop cannons. Like, if I start with a cannon, deckhand, buccaneer, it's difficult to decide the order of play. Any tips?

Rogue just wasn't really given anything in TGT. The Cheap deck is still one of the most effective ones on the site, and beyond that, the break point is really having Preps, at which point you can look at playing a proper Oil Deck, Oil Rogue is the only really competitive Rogue deck and TGT hasn't really changed that at all.

Guest Martin

Hello smile.png

Would Justicar fit in this deck?? I thought what he contributes to the hero power?

All around looks like a fun deck , just splitted if i should make this pirate or the Control warrior with Wrynn in, Got him today from quest xD

Guest Uiriamu Busujima?

What do you guys think of adding Captain's Parrot for deck thinning and toolboxing?

Guest Bruce

Why can a basic Warrior deck destroy this one? Just played 3 hands on solo easy. I also find this deck to have very little defence. It seems to be a slow grinding deck for ranked matches.

Why is it that a basic warrior card deck can destroy this one? 0-3 in practice/easy.

Also played 0-20 in casual online. No defense. Too much emphasis on "a lucky draw". Example: Had a hunter take me down with taunts and hero power...

Guest Jack Silver

Decks like this take a lot of skill to play, but I'm up to the challenge. Pirate interactions are more subtle than other synergy decks like dragons or murlocs and take real focus to squeeze the last drop of value from them every turn.

Yes, the draw is important. Yes, consecrations and holy novas will screw more than one game. On the other hand, it actually IS a pirate deck. It may not be optimal or meta, but it's a full pirate playable deck, which is what i was looking for in the first place. If you're gonna make a rogue deck with 2 bucaneers and stick your Dr. Boom right next to them, don't call it a pirate deck. Azure drakes may be useful cards and boost your backstabs, flurries and eviscerates, but they weren't found on ships last time i checked.

Thanks for making this mate. I'm gonna tinker with it, add some custom stuff and take it to legend, even if it costs me a year of playing. ^^
P.S: I find sprint without preps is a bit too slow here... most of the  times if you don't have a clear advantage by turn 7, you cant afford wasting a full turn on that. I'm gonna experiment with burgle instead... mostly because i like that card and the "unexpected card" factor... Also, I'm sticking a Salty Dog in there while i save dust for Greenskin.

Why is it that a basic warrior card deck can destroy this one? 0-3 in practice/easy.

Also played 0-20 in casual online. No defense. Too much emphasis on "a lucky draw". Example: Had a hunter take me down with taunts and hero power...

I genuinely think you are an awful player. I have never met anyone who could lose three times to an easy practice AI, even with something like Beast Priest. Now, with that said, let me explain why are you wrong.

Cards that are good even with bad draw: Backstab, Posion, Buccaneer, Eviscerate, Sap (sort of), SI:7, Assassin's blade, Sprint, Dread Corsair, Captain Greenskin (sort of). These cards should be able to delay the game until you draw into your pirate synergies. 

By "no defence" you mean 2 taunts, a weapon and cards that increase your weapon damage and, of course, minions that trade into other minions? And mainly, it is an AGGRO deck, so no defence needed - your opponent should need to defend, not you. 

Guest Sprintarri

Can sprint be replaced by some other card such as burgle? I find it way too expensive without having preparation in your deck...

I wouldn't replace it with Burgle, you can replace it with Azure Drake though.

Now that I look at it, this deck needs an update. I played a much better version on stream recently and just forgot to add it, on the list!

• Like 2

Hello!

I wouldn't replace it with Burgle, you can replace it with Azure Drake though.

Now that I look at it, this deck needs an update. I played a much better version on stream recently and just forgot to add it, on the list!

Can you tell us where we can find that deck, please?

Thanks!

Sign in to follow this