Damien

Hearthstone Low-Budget Shaman Midrange TGT

Sign in to follow this  

42 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Low-budget Midrange Shaman deck for TGT.

sorry if i am bothering you, can you give me an  advice about changing the naxx cards with something of equal utility?

This deck is a beast. It has fewer tools to deal with high HP monsters than its predecessor, so you if you face many of those you should consider slipping in a Crackle or two. I swapped one Dedender of Argus for one Sludge Belcher (can't afford to forge one now since I am saving for Dr Boom), but it worked out fine. I climbed from 18 to 8 in just over an hour, and I dropped only two games (pwnd by Flamestrike and Consecration). I have not used Healing Wave at all, so I am considering using one Crackle in its stead. What do you guys think? I never win the duels anyway.

sorry if i am bothering you, can you give me an  advice about changing the naxx cards with something of equal utility?

Zombie Chow, Haunted Creeper ---> Annoy-o-Trons and a Harvest Golem

Can i change mana tide totem for another 3 mana card like feral spirit?

The important thing is to replace it with card draw, thats its primary function. Gnomish Inventor or something similar.

Can i change mana tide totem for another 3 mana card like feral spirit?

The important thing is to replace it with card draw, thats its primary function. Gnomish Inventor or something similar.

the thing Is I don't really like the mana tide its not that I don't have it

Thoughts on swapping Bloodlust with Mistcaller or another chow?

Liking mistcaller to get the guaranteed bonus instead of just the one turn from BL.  Helps buff the valiant etc.

hi, can i replace zombie chow for lightning bolt, or just replace him for annoy-o-trons?

Either is ok.

Thoughts on swapping Bloodlust with Mistcaller or another chow?

Liking mistcaller to get the guaranteed bonus instead of just the one turn from BL.  Helps buff the valiant etc.

Not a huge fan of Mistcaller personally, it's just too slow the turn that you play it. You're welcome to try it out though.

Replaced 1x Lighting storm and 1x Piloted Shredder with 2x Drainae Totemcarver and it seems to pay off as a 4 mana minion with usually 6/6 or 7/7

Had a tough time countering a druid with Shade of Naxx with this deck, lightning storm came out too late to make a difference. Not convinced it is enough of a problem to swap in an Ogre, but I would like to hear your thoughts.

Had a tough time countering a druid with Shade of Naxx with this deck, lightning storm came out too late to make a difference. Not convinced it is enough of a problem to swap in an Ogre, but I would like to hear your thoughts.

If you play against druid, try to mulligan for the Storm. Although it only kills the Shade, it can sometimes save you. Druid sometimes let the Shade grown until turn 9 where it does 8 damage with savage roar (total of 22 damage). You also want to have a taunt most of the times (not only because of the shade). Also try not to waste Hex, simple as that. 

Sadly, there is not much you can do with a Low Budget deck. Shaman is also one of the worst classes to ladder with and there are better decks to use. Druid, on the other hand, is one of the strongest classes out there. Tempo storm rates it as a Tier 1 deck and I fully agree. If you want to main shaman, I discourage you from doing so. 

Honestly, if a Druid player is spending 3 Mana on a Shade and then not attacking with it for several turns, you should be able to use that time to get far enough ahead on board that it doesn't matter. Just focus on development and ignore the Shade if you can't interact with it, at some point if you get yourself far enough ahead, you will force the Shade out of hiding to deal with a Thunder Bluff or Fire Ele or something, at which point you can just Earth Shock it and remove it easily.

I would very rarely just Lightning Storm a Shade.

Hello Sottle,

Thirst of all thank you for your guide, it is fun to play. I run some combination of this deck and your deck called 'cheap' (with the haunted creepers but no legendaries). My question is: wat is the best strategy against handlock. I loose basically every game without the slightest chance. Already from turn 4 or 5 problems start when an ancient watcher, drake and/or a giant are taunted. It feels like I need a flame tongue totem, a hex and an earthshock, which rarely happens. Is there any gameplan you would advice?

Honestly, your matchup is not that bad against Handlock, your spells line up pretty nicely against them. Earth Shock for Drakes, Hexes for Giants etc. It's not as good as it used to be several expansions ago, but it's still winable.

Just try and focus on building an annoying board of sticky creatures and use your inefficient answers when you can, keep the perfect ones for an emergency. What that means basically, if is if you can remove a Giant by trading minions with a Flametongue or other minions, do that first and keep your Hex in hand for when you have no other option. Don't overextend too much into their AoE unless you have plenty of resource to follow up afterwards. There's a lot of small things in the matchup, but those are the main two tips I can give.

Can I replace something with Doomhammer? I think it would replace Bloodlust, just fits better as a finisher IMO, but I want input from someone else.

This is a very sick hand and it does not cost a lot, I have finished many games early with this and also had nice turn a rounds with this. 

Sign in to follow this