FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Low-Budget Shaman Midrange TGT

Can I replace something with Doomhammer? I think it would replace Bloodlust, just fits better as a finisher IMO, but I want input from someone else.

Yeah go for it.

I'm assuming I'm just trash because I dropped 3 levels in an hour using this deck... Any more details on how to play this deck?

I'm gonna need more specifics than that to give you more targetted advice. If you have some way of recording a game or two and want to post it here I don't mind taking a look at it and pointing out some potential mistakes.

Guest SurferGuy

What can I use instead of chow?

I used Gadgetzan Jouster. If your opponent has many low mana minios you will probably win and have a good minion for their agressive beggining. If not, a good early game minion is not that important

A good early game minion is extremely important, especially in Shaman when a lot of your advantage comes from using buffs to leverage small minions to trade up.

Guest TheBirdofFire

Hey, i have both sylvanas and fjola lightbane and i was wondering wether or not i should use them for this deck. And if yes, with what should i replace them?

Guest gulgagrimnah

Just wanted to let you know, I built this deck and it works great!  Never been able to make a passable Shaman deck, but with your deck tips and more importantly, your notes on HOW to play the deck, I won 7 of the last 10 games with this.  Had to make a few edits for cards I don't actually have...

2x Piloted Shredders swapped for 2x Harvest Golem.  Works fine, and a little cheaper

1x Healing wave swapped for 1x Vitality Totem.  Play it late game with a lot of other minions out to make it less of a priority kill for the opponent!

1x Tuskarr Totemic swapped for 1x Draenae Totem Carver.  I'd rather have the 2 Tuskarrs, but only have one... and the Totemcarver is a BIG threat at times, so it works out

2x Thunderbluff Valiants swapped for 2x Mukla's Champion.  I think this is a better card than the Valients, as it buffs our defenses to make it harder to wipe our board out.

Thanks again, I love what you do here!

Guest MHows

Since I got it from a pack, I am wondering how well The Mistcaller would do in this deck? Namely swapping it out for the Zombie Chow.

Guest Alexakis

Neither doomhammer, right?

Answer:

Can I replace something with Doomhammer? I think it would replace Bloodlust, just fits better as a finisher IMO, but I want input from someone else.

Yeah go for it.

Guest QBert

This deck seems really vulnerable to bad early draws.  I am mulliganing for Tunnel Trogg/Haunted Creeper/Totem Golem but rarely get them.  If I don't sometimes it can be until turn 4 before I get anything on the board.  Is there any way to catch up when you fall behind or do you just accept a certain number of losses based on bad draw?

Guest mgoetze

Hey Sottle, thanks for all your work on these deck lists! In your Legendary Midrange list, you have 2x Jewelled Scarab, but it's not in this Low Budget version, any insight as to why? Since I don't have Naxx, can I just sub in 2 Scarabs for 2 Creepers or is that too slow?

This deck seems really vulnerable to bad early draws.  I am mulliganing for Tunnel Trogg/Haunted Creeper/Totem Golem but rarely get them.  If I don't sometimes it can be until turn 4 before I get anything on the board.  Is there any way to catch up when you fall behind or do you just accept a certain number of losses based on bad draw?

If you get bad very often, including a Storm may be a good idea. I run one copy of it myself.

Guest QBert

Do you mean Lightning Storms?  I run two, just as in the deck list.  But I find it's best not to use them too early and to save them for emergencies. 

The problem seems to come that the deck really only shines in the mid game.  Early on if you don't have cheap minions you lose, and if the game goes too long you run out of cards and lose.  It's just a bit too inconsistent, so I'm wondering if I'm playing it wrong.

What often happens is I get to the late game and have only two to three cards in hand.  Maybe one of them is Bloodlust.  Usually I just play whatever minion I draw, but I'm wondering if it might be better to pass a couple turns, rely on the Healing Wave to stay alive and then play everything on one turn to make it harder to kill off.  Or it's possible if it gets to that stage you are already dead no matter what you do.

decks really good ..but could not really shine without reading again the positioning and it is the difference between having a weak board to being able to trade with nearly anything thrown at your face ...a small note if i might add here and its kinda irrelevant to this deck in specific but ...running more  budget and cheap decks compared to there legendary archetypes actually was way better for me  ..first of all its my humble and inexperienced insight on such topic ..but when you have so many minions that are playable on curve each turn tends to make it alot easier and wont make you approach the game bounded by 1 or 2 win condtions and instead you just develop your own board by time and either you overwhelm your opponent or just have enough damage for lethal and the setup for that is much easier than a turn 7 threat ..if you are able to craft this deck and follow the strategy you will be amazed how powerful this deck is  ..and as always thanks a bunch sottle !!

Sign in to follow this