Vlad

Hearthstone Temple Escape

16 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Temple Escape guide for League of Explorers.

I defeated this on heroic mode rather easily with a Holy Paladin deck with the following cards:

• 2 Humility
  • 2 Noble Sacrifice
  • 2 Redemption (Do not play while boulder is present, could trade one for Enter the Coliseum if you have the card)
  • 2 Equality
  • 2 Holy Light
  • 2 Seal of Light
  • 2 Coghammer (could trade 1 for a Mind Control Tech or Master Jouster)
  • 2 Aldor Peacekeeper
  • 2 Big Game Hunter
  • 1 Mind Control Tech
  • 2 Consecration
  • 2 Antique Healbot
  • 2 Tuskarr Jouster
  • 1 Master Jouster
  • 1 Lay on Hands
  • 1 Tirion Fordring (Eadric the Pure is a better option if you have him especially towards the end.)

I used a majority of the deck but made a few changes that I found helpful in beating this on heroic:

Ice Lance x 2

Mirror Image x 2

Frostbolt x 2

Mad Scientist x 2

Novice Engineer x 2

Arcane Intellect x 2

Frost Nova x 2

Ice Barrier x 2

Vaporize x 1

Acolyte of Pain x 2

Flamewaker x 1

Cone of Cold x 2

Fireball x 2

Polymorph x 2

Flame Lance x 2

Blizzard x 1 (I only have 1 copy)

I do not own Ice Block.

I made the mistake of making my 30th card Mirror Entity. Oops! I haven't tried these options, but I would consider Sorcerer's Apprentice x 1, Unstable Portal x 1, or Snowchugger x 1 as well! The Flamewaker was surprisingly efficient with the use of the freezing spells. Still based heavily on RNG, but effective! Thanks for the initial guide! smile.png

Edited by Narinda

To make it significantly less expensive, I replaced the Blizzard and Ice Block with Annoy-O-Tron and Deathlord and won three in a row. It's pretty easy once you know what's coming and the strategy is more or less the same. I was able to beat it without a single Frost Nova even.

I used a cheaper version of the Tech Druid deck. Relatively easy, and finished out with 15 health on heroic. I used a combination strategy of large board "removal" with Poison Seeds and using distracting Taunts to keep my hero from getting damaged. 

Key to my success was using Poison Seeds just before the cave collapse, and keeping it for my last turn, when the enemy has stacked decks full of opponents. 

I never once used any of the minions for healing my hero, just how my card draws worked out. I did use Mark of Nature to buff my taunt minions after playing Poison Seeds, to prevent the enemy board from getting to my hero. 

I've used this deck successfully three times now. If you don't get a perfect first two turns, just concede and start again. 

Naturalize x2

Shieldbearer x1

Wrath x2

Annoy-o-Tron x2

Frostwolf Grunt x2

Healing Touch x2

Mark of Nature x2

Coldlight Oracle x2

Deathlord x2

Poison Seeds x2

Tournament Medic x2

Antique Healbot x2

Sludge Belcher x2

Master Jouster x2

Priestess of Elune x2

Sunwalker x2

Using animated armour with this freeze mage deck is rather easy on heroic see as the computer never attacks your minions unless they have taunt. Thus you only take one damage from each minion.

Hope this was helpful!

I'm still in normal mode and just beat Sun Raider Phaerix after nine tries. I'm getting ready to do the Temple Escape on normal, any advice?

I did it first try. I did NOT have Ice block, instead i added Ethereal Conjurer and hoped for luck since there will be a chance to play it when relying on cheap spells only. i only had one Blizzard and one Acolyte of Pain, i substituted them with 2x Animated Armor which i didnt get to use because by the time it came i was at 1 health and stayed 1 health for the last 3 turns. Still beat him with the cheap AoEs. Did not get to use polymorph, frostbolt ot flame lance. Good game! :))

I defeated Heroic Temple Escape with this F2P deck.

Temple Escape cannot possibly be won by dealing with each and every enemy minion, simply because they are much too powerful early on.
Instead just focus on preserving your health by playing taunts and disabling the enemy minions.

F2P Mage (0 Dust)
Inspiration 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWB7X_lNygA&feature=youtu.be
Inspiration 2: http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=137525/loe-nocost-solver-heroic-temple

2x Goldshire Footman
2x Mirror Image
2x Frostbolt
2x Frostwolf Grunt
2x Jeweled Scarab
2x Forgotten Torch
2x Frost Nova
2x Ironfur Grizzly
2x Silverback Patriarch
2x Fireball
2x Polymorph
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2x Animated Armor
2x Booty Bay Bodyguard
2x Lord of the Arena

Mulligan for Goldshire Footman, Mirror Image, Frostwolf Grunt, Frost Nova and Animated Armor.
Turn 1: Goldshire Footman or Mirror Image.
Turn 2: Choose card draw. Taunt or Frostbolt.
Turn 3: Swing Across. Restart if you failed and hold no Animated Armor. Play removal, but no taunt because of the incoming Rolling Boulder.
Turn 4: Removal, taunt, Animated Armor (right of Rolling Boulder).
Turn 5: Choose card draw. Animated Armor or Frost Nova.
Turn 6: Animated Armor, Taunt.
Turn 7: Animated Armor, Taunt.
Turn 8: Take the Shortcut. Animated Armor, Taunt.
Turn 9: Animated Armor or Frost Nova.
You can use Jeweled Scarab to Discover more taunts, Frost Nova or Ice Barrier and Ice Block.
Difficulty: If you have at least two of four cards in time (2x Animated Armor, 2x Frost Nova), this match will be very easy.

IaSiS95.jpg

Deck changes for Normal Mode: 2x Water Elemental instead of 2x Animated Armor.

I got it just now. A few cards I recommend using:

Vaporize can help you get rid of the first ogre if you pick the mana crystal.

On turn 3 play a Doomsayer. This destroys the entire board including his divine shielded minions that just spawned on the board.

Animated Armor saved my life as the minions were focussed on attacking the hero instead of minions (too agressive?).

And you need a Frost Nova on the last turn - then it's a win!

Good luck to anyone trying this boss!

I've read a lot about Mage being used to beat the Temple Escape on Heroic, but I decided to give it a go with Shaman. I built a pretty simple deck that won on its 3rd attempt.

y1PMsKj.png

1x Ancestral Healing

2x Earth Shock

2x Frost Shock

2x Goldshire Footman

2x Shieldbearer

2x Ancestral Spirit

2x Reincarnate

2x Annoy-o-Tron

1x Frostwolf Grunt

1x Feral Spirit

2x Healing Wave

2x Hex

2x Deathlord

2x Mind Control Tech

1x Saboteur

2x Sludge Belcher

2x Master Jouster

I'd mulligan for a 1-cost taunt and an Annoy-o-Tron, for sure. I would have liked to get Saboteur as well, but he never came out soon enough to be of value. The Earth Shocks were in there for Obsidian Destroyers and Seething Statue, however, in my victory, I chose to skip Turn 8, so I did not encounter Seething Statue. Both Frost Shocks came in handy for preventing a lot of damage. I used one on an Orsis Guard and the other on Animated Statue on the turn before the board clear. Ancestral Spirit on a Deathlord enabled him to block three attacks. Reincarnate did not come into play in the win, but in a previous attempt, it was useful in sparing my partially used Annoy-o-Tron from the boulder by re-summoning him with a fresh divine shield to the right of the boulder. The Ancestral Healing was for use on the boulder, but I never drew it in any of my attempts, and I don't think I should have bothered including it in the first place. I also never saw a Sludge Belcher or Master Jouster.

Edited by CaptLando

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina

The final stage of the HCT 2017 Worldc Championship has kicked off with the group stage. On Thursday, we saw matches on groups A and B. Beware because spoilers are following!
      Group A
      This group consists of Frederik "Hoej" Nielsen, Julien "DocPwn" Bachand, Jon "Orange" and Chen "tom60229" Wei Lin. The first match of the day was between the Danish Hoej vs the Canadian DocPwn (2-3). This was one of the longest matches, with both players displaying exceptional skill. It all culminated into the 5th game, where DocPwn managed to get his Keleseth Rogue early game going and beat Hoej's Priest. In the other game, tom60229 from Taiwan easily beat Orange from Sweden with a score of 3-1.
      The two defeated players, Hoej and Orange, proceeded to play against each other. Hoej's Murloc Paladin, the deck that made him stand out compared to other contestants, betrayed him as he lost 3 times in a row with it! Thus, one of the favourites for the World Championship was eliminated. DocPwn also sweeped his opponent tom, but he had a much harder time. Their last game, with Keleseth Rogue for DocPwn and Jade Druid for tom, had quite a few upsets and you should definitely watch it.
      The decider match between Orange and tom60229 will take place on Saturday.
      Group A Match W-L Total W-L DocPwn 2-0 6-2 Orange 1-1 4-3 tom60229 1-1 3-4 Hoej 0-2 2-6 Group B
      Muzahidul "Muzzy" Islam, Jason "JasonZhou" Zhou, Aleksandr "Kolento" Malsh and Samuel "SamuelTsao" Tsao play in this group. Muzzy, who represents America and is one of the favourite's to win the World Championship, beat the Chinese JasonZhou with a score of 3-1. In the next match, even though SamuelTsao made some mistakes, he managed to even the score with the Ukranian legend. In their final game, the young Taiwanese's Priest beat Kolento's Druid with an impressive 46-damage OTK (3-2).
      The elimination series between Kolento and JasonZhou is totally nail-biting! The two experienced players evened out each other and it all came down to the final game with a Keleseth Rogue mirror match. Jason drew better and he managed to eliminate crowd favourite Kolento (along with everyone who voted for him) with a score of 3-2. SamuelTsao managed to beat Muzzy with the same score in another intense series. Their last match (Warlock vs Priest) had a lot of upsides, but in the end luck smiled to SamuelTsao.
      The decider match between Muzzy and JasonZhou will take place on Saturday.
      Group B Match W-L Total W-L SamuelTsao 2-0 6-4 Muzzy 1-1 5-4 JasonZhou 1-1 4-5 Kolento 0-2 4-6 Final Remarks
      Thursday was a day of surprises, particularly unpleasant ones for Europe. Favourites Kolento (RIP packs) and Hoej were eliminated; I am mostly suprised about Hoej, since he had one of the strongest deck line-ups of this Championship. Statistically speaking, I don't think we'll have a European World Champion this time.
      On the other hand, outsiders DocPwn and SamuelTsao managed to come out on the top of their groups. DocPwn's effort is certainly admirable, since he's not exactly a full-time professional Hearthstone player: he was calm, level-headed and showed some exceptional critical decision making. In contrast, Samuel's youth and inexperience were quite evident, but his opponents also underestimated him. I think he has a lot to show for in the future.
      The not-so-surprising highlight of the day was Warlock being banned in almost all matches. Among the decks that stood out were Orange's Hunter (he's the only one that brought one and he won 2/2 of his games with it) and JasonZhou's interestingly teched Aggro Druid.
      Day 2 of the Group Stage is currently underway, so make sure to watch it!
    • By Zadina

The two Hearthstone developers talked to IGN about the design process behind some of the most impactful cards from Kobolds & Catacombs.
      First of all, Peter Whalen and Mike Donais confirmed that there will be an update on February, a month after the World Championship. This patch will contain new events and possibly balance changes. They will take a look at the meta as it's been and as it is in the World Championship and they will decide accordingly.
      Moving on, they talked about some of the classes and how K&C cards have affected them. Starting with Warlock, Cubelock was a deck that was tested internally and it was an archetype the team was "certainly concerned about and [they] played a bunch of games with it". Carnivorous Cube was also tested internally in Recruit Hunter and in Quest Druid. As far as Possessed Lackey is concerned, there was a second version of it that read "Battlecry: If you control a Demon, Recruit a Demon", while Dark Pact was 0 mana at some point. Lastly, Rin, the First Disciple's seals used to have different effects and Azari, the Devourer was a 15/15 untargetable minion.
      The two devs talked next about the other dominating class of the current meta: Priest. Mike Donais pointed out that Highlander Priest was already doing well, so it was only given one new card: Psychic Scream. On the other hand. Big Priest has a pretty medium win rate, even though it can feel frustrating to play against. It's also a deck that will lose several cards in the upcoming rotation. At this point, the devs repeated that they are looking forward to develop and see in action new playstyles in the post-Barnes era. Finally, during the design process Twilight's Call could summon any minion, not just Deathrattles, but this was deemed too powerful.
      The next class to be discussed was Rogue. The team is happy with how balanced the Kingsbane Rogue deck turned out to be. Some internal iterations of the Rogue legendary weapon were dual-wielded daggers or a weapon that had the Battlecry: Discover a card, everything you draw is a copy of that. Mike also talked about Valeera the Hollow: he expected her to be more powerful than she already is, but maybe players will find a way to use her more in the future.
      There were a few words about Hearthstone's currently weakest class: Shaman. The devs think that the Shaman Spellstone is a powerful "sleeper" card, although maybe there's presently not a proper deck for it. They were also slightly worried about Unstable Evolution. Another "sleeper" card for them is Warrior's Drywhisker Armorer.
      An important point is that when asked about Corridor Creeper, Peter said that it's "one of the cards that raised a red flag". Lastly, they talked about King Togwaggle and the numerous iterations he had - all around swapping decks with your opponent. The penalty on the spell card isn't high enough on purpose, because they didn't want Togwaggle to be a super competitive card.
      I've tried to summarise the most important points, but you should definitely check out the entire interview on IGN. There's much more detail behind the design process of Kobolds & Catacombs, while there is also temp artwortk of cards as well as two cards that never made it into the game!
    • By Aleco

Players can earn up to three free packs for logging in to Hearthstone during the Hearthstone World Championships.
      The folks over at Hearthpwn.com have learned from data mining of patch 10.0 that the Hearthstone World Championships will offer players three free packs as daily login rewards. The first day of the championships will give players a Journey to Un'Goro pack, the second day a Knights of the Frozen Throne pack, and the third a Kobolds & Catacombs pack. The Hearthstone home screen will also change to sparkling white theme honor the World Championships.

Along with this week's awesome Tavern Brawl featuring World Championship winning decks, this marks the first time that Blizzard has brought Hearthstone eSports all the way to the Hearthstone client. Given the recent start of the Overwatch League and the choose your champion feature for the World Championships, it seems that Blizzard is supporting competitive gaming now more than ever.
    • By Zadina

This week's Brawl honours the 3 previous Hearthstone World Champions!
      The 2018 World Championship is about to begin and Team 5 is celebrating by giving us a very special Tavern Brawl. In this Brawl, you get to play with decks that the previous world champions from 2014, 2015 and 2016 used on their way to the top. Your player name will even change to the respective Champion: Firebat, Ostkaka or Pavel!
      Here are the deck archetypes you can get:
      Firebat's Undertaker Hunter Firebat's Ramp Druid Firebat's Miracle Rogue Firebat's Zoolock Ostkaka's Patron Warrior Ostkaka's Oil Rogue Ostkaka's Freeze Mage Pavel's Tempo Mage Pavel's Malygos Miracle Rogue Pavel's Midrange Shaman Pavel's C'Thun Warrior Pavel's Malygos OTK Druid You might think: "why would I want to play a deck from 2014 with cards that have been nerfed"? Well, all cards are on their pre-nerfed versions, therefore they are basically in the same state as when originally used by each World Champion. So, say hello to pre-nerf Undertaker, Leper Gnome, Hex and many others.
      Amnesiac can never catch a break.
      A slight inconsistency is that cards that generate other cards or tokens, like Piloted Shredder or Babbling Book, can generate cards/tokens from later expansions. For example, my opponent's dead Shredder created Friendly Bartender, a card that neither Champion had encountered at their time.
      Enjoy the Brawl and tune in to the World Championship this weekend!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our HCT World Championships coverage.