Vlad

Hearthstone Lady Naz'jar

4 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Lady Naz'jar guide for League of Explorers.

I defeated Heroic Lady Naz'jar with this F2P deck.

Lady Naz'jar's hero power transforms all minions on the board at the end of her turn, but those on her side are increased in mana cost.
You will need some way to abuse this mechanic to turn the game in your favour: You need to play minions every turn, token-generating minions are excellent. Other Battlecry minions work as well because they already give value when played.
Always clear the board to deny Lady Nazj'ar benefit from her hero power.

F2P Shaman (0 Dust)
Inspiration 1: http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=141098/loe-nocost-solver-nazjar
Inspiration 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_Fhi4rjB3I

2x Elven Archer
2x Rockbiter Weapon
2x Voodoo Doctor
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Flametongue Totem
2x Jeweled Scarab
2x Murloc Tidehunter
1x Brann Bronzebeard
2x Hex
2x Ironforge Rifleman
2x Razorfen Hunter
2x Dragonling Mechanic
2x Windspeaker
1x Bloodlust
2x Stormpike Commando
2x Fire Elemental

Mulligan for Elven Archer, Voodoo Doctor, Murloc Tidehunter.
Difficulty: Medium (may take up to 10 tries).

yeBuGbf.jpg

My silence druid beat Heroic Naz'jar on its first attempt.

sVDemsd.png

I didn't even need a Savage Roar for lethal. Naz'jar had gotten me down to 10 health by Turn 5, but from then on, I had board control. She doesn't have many big minions in the deck, because she relies on her hero power to increase the size of little ones over time. Once you have a sizeable board set up, it's easy to maintain control. Through smart trades, clear her board every turn. You don't have to worry about leaving your minions damaged, because they will have full health again once they have been transformed by Naz'jar's hero power.

*Silences are near useless in this fight. I just wanted to see if I could beat her with one of my pre-existing decks.

Edited by CaptLando

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aleco
      Four new Mech minions were spoiled as details about the Magnetic keyword were explained and demonstrated in a short video.

Many questions about Magnetic were answered in today's Hearthside Chat as four new Mech cards (three with Magnetic) were revealed in the video:

Announced in the video were details on how the Magnetic mechanic will work in game. If a minion with Magnetic is played to right of another Mech minion, then the minion will be played as-is and the two minions will not fuse together. To "activate" Magnetic and fuse two Mechs together, you will need to play a minion with Magnetic to the left of a Mech minion on the board. It was also announced the Hunter, Paladin, and Warrior will be the three classes that focus on the Magnetic keyword, and there will be Neutral Magnetic minions as well.
      So, what kind of giant robots will we be assembling in The Boomsday Project? First, we get Wargear:

As Stephen Chang pointed out in the video, 5 Mana for 5/5 worth of stats is the same rate as Blessing of Kings! Wargear will turn any Mech into an instant threat, and will surely be a key card in any aggressive Mech deck. Though the card is far from impressive when played without Magnetic, we've seen time and time again just how powerful it is to add stats to the board which you can immediately use to attack (Bonemare, Fungalmancer).

If you're looking for a good target for Wargear's massive stat boost, look no further than Upgradeable Framebot. 2 Mana for 6 total stats is an incredible deal, which should make Upgradeable Framebot a plug-and-play 2 drop in any Mech deck. The fact that this minion has a low Attack should not scare aggro decks away from it, as the 5 Health makes it incredible target for minion buffs.

Our first Warrior card with Magnetic is Beryllium Nullifier, which doesn't excite me as much as the previous two cards. Adding 3/8 and "Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers" to any minion makes it nearly impossible for anything but a Vilespine Slayer or Voodoo Doll to kill, but 7 Mana is a huge ask for tempo decks. Magnetic appears to be an aggressive ability by nature, which makes me skeptical about the need for a 7 Mana card which only adds 3 attack the turn it comes down. Beryllium Nullifier seems better suited for a "Big Mech" deck, so we'll have to wait and see which other cards get spoiled before writing this one off.

Last but not least is Zilliax, the walking keyword! This guy has a keyword for every point of Mana he costs, and a few of these keywords are highly desirable ones. Even if Zilliax didn't have Magnetic, he still might be a reasonable card for the fact that he can trade into any 3 Health minion with his Divine Shield and Rush while gaining you 3 life with his Lifesteal, then stick around on the board with his Taunt after he is done. Is this the card that Town Crier has been waiting for? The Lifesteal and Rush also make him a great target for Countess Ashmore in slower decks. I have a hard time imagining a world where Zilliax doesn't see quite a bit of play in the new meta!
      What do you think about these four new Mech cards? Let us know in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Boomsday Project Hub for more information on the upcoming expansion.
    • By Aleco
      Quest rewards from today until July 30th will be doubled during the triumphant return of the Midsummer Fire Festival!

Just in time for the upcoming Hearthstone expansion on August 7th, the Midsummer Fire Festival will reward double the gold for all quests completed from now until July 30th.
      Much like last year's festival, Ragnaros has come to "CURE US OF BOREDOM" by bringing us some fresh Hearthstone content. Announced in today's post were new emotes and a new Tavern Brawl, but we can probably also expect a number of daily login surprises if this year's festival is anything like last year's. Expect to hear plenty of amusing dialogue when you log in to Hearthstone over the next few weeks, including plenty of jabs at Ahune the frost elemental.
    • By Aleco
      A new Shaman card was revealed in today's blog post, which shed light on the backstory behind The Boomsday Project.
      A new Shaman card was revealed today on the official Blizzard blog in a post titled The Boomsday Project: Lab Logs Part 1:

A 2/2 Elemental isn't quite worth 2 Mana, while the Battlecry effect on Menacing Nimbus isn't quite worth 1 Mana. Together, the 2 effects add up to a card which likely provides you with more than 2 Mana of value, which makes Menacing Nimbus a playable card in my opinion. If there's an Elemental Shaman deck in the new meta, I expect Menacing Nimbus to be a valuable curve-filler in it.

It's hard to say whether the most exciting part of today's post was the new card, or the amount of backstory, hidden clues, and new art which was provided for The Boomsday Project. I'm sure that someone smarter than myself can decode today's post to discover a number of things about the upcoming expansion.
    • By Zadina
      This Mage Legendary card was revealed in collaboration with Wronchi!
      If you remember from the expansion announcement video, Hearthstone's developers were sucked into Netherstorm and it's up to Levi the intern to rescue them! As he ventures into Boom Labs, he encounters Stargazer Luna.
      The video was made by Wronchi Animations, who have created many beloved and hilarious Hearthstone cartoons. There's probably going to be a second part, so expect more card reveals!
      Now, let's talk about the card itself.

With a Netherstorm expansion, one would expect that the magnificent Kael'thas would have been the Mage Legendary. Instead, we get Stargazer Luna which is a very interesting card with a decent statline. She can complement perfectly Aggro/Burn Mage, but you could perhaps find her in Minion-based Mage decks: mostly Murloc Mage, but maybe Elemental Mage as well. She has potentially better tempo than Aluneth, but is more risky. You obviously don't want to play her on turn 3. Let the topdeck wars begin!
      The reveal schedule is unclear at the moment, but it should go as with previous expansions: an initial reveal livestream on July 23, followed by roughly two weeks of card reveals by community sites and personalities, then a final stream before The Boomsday Project releases on August 7.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about the episode 20 of our podcast.