Damien

Inna Exploding Palm Monk

109 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Inna Exploding Palm Monk Build Guide.

Great build guide, Deadset. I was trying to figure out what the heck to do with my healing Monk and now I know - it's an easy transition given the build and rotation are essentially the same. I did a few public groups yesterday when 2.4 was released, but was using Strongarm Bracers. I figured the damage bonus proc from Cyclone Strike would be nice, but I was just too squishy. I switched to Spirit Guards as you recommend and noticed an immediate difference in survivability.

One thing I wanted to get your opinion on is I am currently doing a Focus-Restraint and Hellfire Amulet set up. I am constantly moving and dashing, so I am wondering if my set up is not as good as the Traveler's Pledge/Compass Rose set up? The extra passive on the amulet is a nice bonus too. Keeping the Focus-Restraint buffs up all the time is easy with the generator and constantly using Cyclone Strike.

Great guide, again. Thank you and keep up the work.

What about Tasker and Theo?

It increases pet AS up to 50%... That should be a huge permanent dmg increase.

If you are tough enough, you could switch spirit bracers to tasker and theo.

Alternative: switch CoE to RoRG and inias hands to tasker and theo... but I guess CoE is too strong to get rid of it...

What about Tasker and Theo?

It increases pet AS up to 50%... That should be a huge permanent dmg increase.

If you are tough enough, you could switch spirit bracers to tasker and theo.

Alternative: switch CoE to RoRG and inias hands to tasker and theo... but I guess CoE is too strong to get rid of it...

True enough! But that's a lot of damage reduction dropped, and the build constantly piles enemies on top of the Monk. Let me know if you have any success with a switch to Taskers though!

I play on PS4 and I think I found a bug. Most times after casting inner sanctuary the way of alotta slaps just won't activate. I have to move the character for a second or cast something else before the button works again.

Thank you for this build idea. i choose it over the other viable builds out there because to me it is more fun and easily adaptable to group play also. for group play i make 3 quick changes ...  cube rorg(replacing unity), swap out inna belt for string of ears,  and finally replace unity skill for nde (for the higher greater rifts).

A very fun build, one of my favorite so far, although the "Pillar of Doom" monk build is a close second. I swapped in Tasker and Theo for the cube slot and was able to comfortably solo up to greater rift level 68 before dps became an issue. I've since monkeyed around with a few different jewelry combinations and haven't found anything that matches the dmg boost and mitigation of the Endless Walk set + Unity without completely re-doing the build. It makes me too squishy on the higher multiplayer grifts, as I had issues at 4 player level 65. Taking off TnT dropped the dps even lower so it was a net loss actually, as I had to take more time to kill the monsters and that in turn exposed me to more incoming dmg. On the balance, however, it's the highest greater rift I've achieved by over 10 levels, so that in and of itself is a testament to how awesome the build is.

In groups I equip Tasker and Theo and swap Unity for a RoRG while keeping CoE. Seems to work pretty well.

Current Highest 4 man: 75 (46 seconds off of clearing a 76)

3 man: 73

Solo: 64 (with over 6 minutes left, so I definitely think I can go higher)

Regarding Tasker and Theo:

Call me crazy, but after playing with and without it for awhile...I don't think it actually affects the Mystic Allies.

I could be wrong and would like others to check it out to be sure, but the TnT affix might not apply or be working on them.

It is a small bug, at "bracers", there is Innas Armor shown and not one of these 2 new items for mystic ally... I had this @ home (Win 8.1 - 64 Bit, Google Chrome), and now visiting my Mother/Working here it is the same (Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64 Bit - Google Chrome too).

Would assume the same regards Tasker and Theo, got 50% on my gloves but doesnt seems like mobs goes faster down than without T&T gloves. Anyone can confirm if the TnT afflix doesnt apply monks mystic allies?

What ring should i switch out Unity with when playing multiplayer? smile.png

I'd probably go with an Oculus Ring - the build often fights rooted in place, and Cyclone Strike relatively matches the circular buff from the ring. It's now up to 85% multiplicative damage buff, and your entire party can benefit from it.

I will look into the Mystic Ally / Tasker and Theo potential bug reported in the thread. 

• Like 1

Would assume the same regards Tasker and Theo, got 50% on my gloves but doesnt seems like mobs goes faster down than without T&T gloves. Anyone can confirm if the TnT afflix doesnt apply monks mystic allies?

anyone got an update on this?

Uhm. Yeah. 2.4? Really. in my version of 2.4 I can either select Dashing Strike, or Epiphany. Not both. And I have to choose a Mantra. And either Cyclone or Mystic. Not both.

Good post. Good logic. Not doable.

Uhm. Yeah. 2.4? Really. in my version of 2.4 I can either select Dashing Strike, or Epiphany. Not both. And I have to choose a Mantra. And either Cyclone or Mystic. Not both.

Go in to gameplay options and select "Elective Mode". Problem solved. 

You need to turn on Elective mode in the options. 

anyone got an update on this?

Tasker and Theo work on Allies.

• Like 1

Mistic Ally is really necesary? I remove the skill and i have allies active all the time, instead of it i have choose a defensive spell.

If you don't have the skill equiped you can't use the cooldown ability, which gives a number of possitive effects (increased damage, regeneration etc.) you get all of the effects of all 10 allies you have on the field.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.