FORUMS
Damien

Inna Exploding Palm Monk

Guest Cabal

Deadset:  what's your opinion of subbing in an Enforcer for Bane of the Stricken? From my (admittedly limited) testing, the buff to MA damage seems just about as effective as BotS against elites and RG's and allows for somewhat faster trash clearance. Your thoughts?

Guest Bob

Where did Inner Sanctuary come from?  I read it in the beginning of the guild but it isn't in the skills.

Where did Inner Sanctuary come from?  I read it in the beginning of the guild but it isn't in the skills.

Thanks, I fixed it! Deadset had messed up the Battle.net link tongue.png

Guest Bob

Still there

Once clumped up, place an x1_monk_innersanctuary.pngInner Sanctuary and pummel away with monk_wayofthehundredfists.pngWay of the Hundred Fists.

Guest Bob

Wait never mind, it looks like the skills were changed.  I thought he wrote the guide wrong

Guest Zohark

Why Mystic Ally does not have rune. It should be Water Ally? How about Mantra? Mantra of Retribution with Transgression rune gives you 202% more damage. Isn't that something you should use?

Guest PSeeBee

I tried a pet build, and finally this really works. just waiting on boots and bracers to drop as I currently have the bracers cubed.

I would appreciate comments / suggestions though.

This is an inna pet / crowd control / sweeping wind build. Makes use of 10 stacks of sweeping wind at all times (belt and cubed weapon) to make use of sunwoku 2 piece 50% dmg reduction and 4 piece 10000 wpn dmg / sec bonuses. As well as the benefits of full inna 6 piece with a full 10 pets (boots).

I may swap out the Occulus for RRoG so I can cube the element immunity amulets (julia / mara etc) then have the choice to use one of those instead.
3x Gems provide pet damage increase (enforcer), generic damage increase to all frozen (bane) and damage mitigation (esoteric).

Inna 6 / Sunwoku 4 Ice

Cube :- RRoG / Crudest Boots / Vengeful Wind

Head - Inna

Shoulders - Sunwoku
Amulet - Sunwoku ( With Enforcer)

Chest - Inna

Legs - Sunwoku

Boots - Inna

Diabo - Inna

Gloves - Inna

Bracers - Bindings of the Lesser Gods

Belt - Kyoshiros Soul

Ring #1 - CoE (with Esoteric Alteration)

Ring #2 - Your choice (i currently have cooulus with Bane of trapped)

Way of Hundred fists - Assimilation

Cyclone Strike - Implosion

Sweeping Wind - Master of wind

Inner Sanctuary - Forbidden Sanctuary

Mystic Ally - No Rune

Breath Of Heaven - Blazing Wrath

Talents :- Relentless Assault / Harmony / Resolve / Near Death Experience

Why Mystic Ally does not have rune. It should be Water Ally? How about Mantra? Mantra of Retribution with Transgression rune gives you 202% more damage. Isn't that something you should use?

The Inna's 2pc bonus gives you the base effect of all 4 Mantras.  The 6pc bonus summons all 5 rune variations of Mystic Ally, so you don't need a specific rune.

Guest Gica

Amazing build guide! I play Diablo occasionally, so this may be a dumb question, but how did you get all those perfects stats on all your items?

Guest Lumps

What about Tasker and Theo?

It increases pet AS up to 50%... That should be a huge permanent dmg increase.

If you are tough enough, you could switch spirit bracers to tasker and theo.

Alternative: switch CoE to RoRG and inias hands to tasker and theo... but I guess CoE is too strong to get rid of it...

I am waiting to gamble a set of Taskers still. I am interested in how I might be able to work them in eventually as well.

I have a question regarding items and skills possibilities. I ran across a very nice pair of Raiment shoulders early on and was sporting them as I collected gear. It got me thinking when I found a pair of the Raiment pants before any other useful ones. The 2 set bonus of 25% IAS and 100% damage on spirit generators is very nice. Obviously, on the non EP version.

Now this has a cascading effect on other gear/skills. Lacking the damage reduction from the shoulders, you can swap out Sanctuary for Agility. The 35% evade (since we have no other evade) has a massive effect on toughness, and I am wondering how that calculation might work out.

This also requires the use of RoRG. Unless we cubed our boots and rocked the Inna's ones. However, then we couldn't use Spirit Guards in the cube. I'm not sure if this could be worked out or not.

Anyone who knows more/delves into the numbers more than I care to look into it?

Thanks for any thoughts on the matter.

Amazing build guide! I play Diablo occasionally, so this may be a dumb question, but how did you get all those perfects stats on all your items?

Heya, I wish I had those perfect stats - they're just maximized examples, not gear I actually have! :D

As for Lumps' question, have you taken a look at the Inna/Raiment build we have? It follows along these exact lines - boosting generator damage, taking advantage of Allies buffs and Raiment primary skill bonuses, etc.

Guest Pivorad

Still there

Once clumped up, place an x1_monk_innersanctuary.pngInner Sanctuary and pummel away with monk_wayofthehundredfists.pngWay of the Hundred Fists.

about this I am also confused... The is nothing in "Build section" about Inner Senctuary, but in the text: "Once enemies are drawn in for the kill, you will be placing an x1_monk_innersanctuary.png Inner Sanctuary circle at their feet to speed up"

Guest fatteapot

Deadset, I just wanna say thanks. I use your guides all the time!

Guest Forrest

The active skills in section 3 are for the Exploding Palm variation. The pet build should use Inner Sanctuary with Forbidden Palace rune.

Guest Guest

For EP builds, should you get Area Damage on gloves/shoulders?  Do you need mystic ally damage?

On 3.07.2016 г. at 4:42 PM, Guest Guest said:

For EP builds, should you get Area Damage on gloves/shoulders?  Do you need mystic ally damage?

To my understanding, Area Damage benefits the Mystic Ally active that procs the big EP bursts in the first place, so the stat definitely has value. Balancing it against Mystic Ally % or other Toughness rolls is a bit of a personal preference area though!

Guest Guestington

I assembled the pieces for the pure pet build, and while it can clear GR60 easily with 10 minutes to spare, I'm not even close to clearing GR70. It seems like it's severely lacking in damage. I have a Leapquake Barb and a Helltooth Gargantuan WD who are similarly or worse geared, and they have no problem clearing GR70-80. Real shame because I love the feel of this build,

• Like 1

On 7/10/2016 at 10:48 PM, Guest Guestington said:

Real shame because I love the feel of this build,

Very true, and perhaps even more frustratingly - some of the lack of DPS comes from poor orientation and focus of the Mystic Ally AI. Past a certain point it's the EP variation or bust, I'm afraid.

Guest Guestington

I was having even less success with the EP variation, honestly. How in the world do you focus down individual enemies with this to trigger EP? Your gear must be ridiculous to take this to GR90+.

On 7/13/2016 at 7:36 AM, Guest Guestington said:

I was having even less success with the EP variation, honestly. How in the world do you focus down individual enemies with this to trigger EP? Your gear must be ridiculous to take this to GR90+.

90+ on any spec is a combination of high (1300+) Paragons, high (90+) augmentations on all gear pieces, and high (100+) level legendary gems - so it's no small feat! :) Personally I didn't enjoy the EP variation much as it feels clunky, but once you get it down, it works. Keeping track of EP-tagged monsters is very stressful and demanding though.

Guest Inna's Mustic Ally.

Hi deadset, and Thanks for the Inna's/Mystic Ally Build.  I had started kinda late in Season 6, and although I was only around Paragon-450, or thereabouts, at that time, I still managed to do eek out a modest Solo GR-62, just before the season ended.

Since then I removed Tempest-Rush, and have now began to learn to use Dashing Strike more.

I enjoyed playing it, especially with 10 MA's pummelling away. It's a interesting setup for sure, once I finally got used to the (as you mentioned),  "clunky" A,I. of the allies

btw, I noticed on ALL your Monk Builds TR(Tempest Rush is a no go) ?, which is unfortunate but probably required at much higher level attainments.  I hope the Inna's/MA build remains a viable setup. 

and thanks again, for your tips, builds,...

GL.  :)

Guest MadMonkTallinn

Hi Deadset. Thanks for the builds - I'm trying a number of them. I'm currently playing the Monk EP variation. And like above I'm having real problems beyond GR66.

Just about all my gear is ancient, and close to, if not perfect, recommended stats. I've applied Level 60 - 65 legendary gems to most items. Current Paragon 740 with points spent as advised. I play with friends a lot, and up to now, I've always been the most robust character in town. Now I seem to be the squishiest!

So, should I try a different Monk End Game Spec or put the Monk to sleep for a while and play one of my other toons until I get heaps more paragon points? 

Thanks mate :)