FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Isle of Thunder

Guest Vox

You have cited both the Skyclaw and Pierre to be craftable by Jewelcrafters, is this correct? I was under the impression it was engineers who made these items.

You have cited both the Skyclaw and Pierre to be craftable by Jewelcrafters, is this correct? I was under the impression it was engineers who made these items.

That's right, it's my mistake :P

Thank you for spotting it!

Guest Brad

You said that you could get one of the epic keys from mobs and can get additional from the troves of the thunder king but there are 2 things about that not clear to me. First if you get a key out of the trove will a key still drop off mobs? Second are you actually able to loot more than 1 trove in a week because I have heard a lot of conflicting reports on that.

Bashiok made it very clear that only 1 key will drop off mobs every week. Then, you can get an additional key off chests of daily quest rewards. Now, I can't tell you if first getting a key off a chest or a daily quest reward will prevent you from getting a key from mobs.

Guest Steve

I must be doing something wrong. I finally got to level 90, found my way to the boat, but there are no dailies there. When I got there, there were two quests, one was to meet up with some dude all the way across the island, and the other was for some scenario or as you explained, the "Stages". I accepted them both, took off on a bird with that one chick, we got shot down then had to walk and kill everything that wasn't nailed down. Anyways, I made it through the first 3 stages barely, but I ended up dying in the 4 stage. When I ress. I was lost, stuck somewhere in time in between two islands in the middle of water (according to map) but I was on dry land, couldn't figure out for the life of me where in the hell I was suppose to go from there so hearthed.

I must be doing something wrong. I finally got to level 90, found my way to the boat, but there are no dailies there. When I got there, there were two quests, one was to meet up with some dude all the way across the island, and the other was for some scenario or as you explained, the "Stages". I accepted them both, took off on a bird with that one chick, we got shot down then had to walk and kill everything that wasn't nailed down. Anyways, I made it through the first 3 stages barely, but I ended up dying in the 4 stage. When I ress. I was lost, stuck somewhere in time in between two islands in the middle of water (according to map) but I was on dry land, couldn't figure out for the life of me where in the hell I was suppose to go from there so hearthed.

The lack of dailies on the boat is normal. As your server progresses through the event and unlocks new stages, you need to catch up with them (through doing the scenarios) before you get to do the daily quests. It's a very different progress system than the Molten Front in Patch 4.2, for example (where your progress was yours alone and was not tied with that of other people on your realm).

Regarding your resurrection issue, it would be best if you could take a screenshot the next time it happens. I do remember having similar issues during PTR testing (like I once blinked to my death or I once ressed in the waters, really far from the coast), but I wouldn't have imagined that things like that could make it to live servers :P

This point really hung me up on doing IoT, even though I faithfully read your guide. I'd suggest that it be prominently noted in the Guide itself.