FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Horridon

You mention that Horridon should not be pushed below 30% hp before Jalak has appeared/is killed, but don't say why. I'm assuming it triggers an enrage, but it would be good to clarify this. Great guide otherwise, I hope it will help my raid team to get the kill tonight Posted Image.

Jalak spawns if horridon reaches 30%. thus you having to deal with him and the endless spawn of adds.

Guest Esploratore

A curiosity: never tried this fight, so no idea how long it would take to burn Horridon down this way, but why isn't it possible to just kill it ignoring Jalak, since this wouldn't trigger Horridon's +100% damage and 50% speed enrage? Would it take too much time and so it would cause a wipe due to Jalak's stacking debuff?

If you have adds under control and get horridon near 30% health before Jalak appears, it would probably be very viable. If horridon has 50% or more it may not be. Depends on the strength of your DPS and healers.

A curiosity: never tried this fight, so no idea how long it would take to burn Horridon down this way, but why isn't it possible to just kill it ignoring Jalak, since this wouldn't trigger Horridon's +100% damage and 50% speed enrage? Would it take too much time and so it would cause a wipe due to Jalak's stacking debuff?

You mention that Horridon should not be pushed below 30% hp before Jalak has appeared/is killed, but don't say why. I'm assuming it triggers an enrage, but it would be good to clarify this. Great guide otherwise, I hope it will help my raid team to get the kill tonight Posted Image.

We're giving the easiest strategy to defeat the encounter at current gear level. Sure, there will be a point where you can just burn the boss and completely ignore the adds. That said you can't ignore Jalakk, he will always end up wiping the raid if you leave him up long enough.

Guys is there some trick to deal with phase three curse other than dispelling? Some how after a very short time Deadly plague is on all raid members and it overwhelms us shortly. If on first phase there is mass dispell, it doesn't work on phase 3...

Guys is there some trick to deal with phase three curse other than dispelling? Some how after a very short time Deadly plague is on all raid members and it overwhelms us shortly. If on first phase there is mass dispell, it doesn't work on phase 3...

We found that a combination of the following two things worked out well during the 3rd gate:

Hero right as soon as the first Frozen Warlord spawns, and kill it asap. The Risen mobs that stack the plague do not have that much health and can be killed easily. We just have our hunter focusing them full time and bursting them down. Ofc, never forget the DPS priority and drop Dinomancer as soon as possible to close the gate.

Also, in case the disease is a problem, we handle it by switching roles a bit in our raid:

- myself as Disc priest with Purify (sometimes we have a holy priest joining as well)

- Retri/Holy pally with Cleanse

- Resto druid (tank MS) with symbiosis on retri pally for Cleanse

So, depending on what we decide, we can have 3 or 4 disease removal abilities, each on an 8s cooldown, which on top of heroism (we just go all out on DPS cd's at this gate), should ensure that this gate should fall preety fast.

With a bit of gear during these weeks, we now manage gate with just myself and the pally dispelling, but still have 3 healers (disc/hpally/rshammy).

Hope that helps Posted Image

Edit: Holy pally can also remove the disease, but you will need a retri pally for druid symbiosis to work.

Edited by MoacaBogdan
  • Like 1

Edit: Holy pally can also remove the disease, but you will need a retri pally for druid symbiosis to work.

Incorrect. You need a RESTO druid for symbiosis cleanse to work. It does not matter what the paladin is.

Incorrect. You need a RESTO druid for symbiosis cleanse to work. It does not matter what the paladin is.

My bad then, sorry :). Our druid said that pally needed to be retri, I just took that for granted,

Guest Matthial

Any suggestions for handling the Amani'shi Beast Shaman's spell_nature_heavypolymorph1.jpgHex of Confusion in a raid without Druids or Mages to dispel the curse? All I've come up with so far is trying to kill the Shaman as quickly as possible. Paladins should be able to bubble/cancel to clear the curse off of themselves. Otherwise we might have to just hope for the best.

Any suggestions for handling the Amani'shi Beast Shaman's spell_nature_heavypolymorph1.jpgHex of Confusion in a raid without Druids or Mages to dispel the curse? All I've come up with so far is trying to kill the Shaman as quickly as possible. Paladins should be able to bubble/cancel to clear the curse off of themselves. Otherwise we might have to just hope for the best.

Only thing you can do is dispel it. Otherwise just heal through it.

War Lord Jalak, can be disarmed, this is helpful for mistweaver monks who get a healing boost from disarms (pretty much every add in this encounter too can be disarmed, so Ring of Peace is especially helpful). Couldn't find it in the guide. So you can have a disarm rotation for his raid wide shouts to do less damage which could help you survive long enough to kill Horridon instead of Jalak, depending on raid DPS.

War Lord Jalak, can be disarmed, this is helpful for mistweaver monks who get a healing boost from disarms (pretty much every add in this encounter too can be disarmed, so Ring of Peace is especially helpful). Couldn't find it in the guide. So you can have a disarm rotation for his raid wide shouts to do less damage which could help you survive long enough to kill Horridon instead of Jalak, depending on raid DPS.

Thank you. I'll add it to the guide tomorrow. Make sure to add it in the Mistweaver thread ;)

New mechanics heroic mode:

1. New spell: Dire Call 60 second cooldown, spawns Direhorn Spirit on cast. Last in ability priority (if CD is up it will be cast unless he is being channeled on, or the CD for charge or Double swipe is up.)

2. New add Direhorn Spirit. spawns when Horridon casts Dire Call. They have a high amount of health and ar enot worth killing. The add fixates on a target Dire Fixation. They spawn under the boss and walk towards their target, if they reach them they will melee for roughly 500K with a short swing timer (almost gaurenteed death) They are only visible to their target and if they are hit by their target by any ability they are knocked back a short distance ( knock back is on a roughly 1 second ICD.) They will choose Ranged dps> healers> melee> tanks.

In addition to the new mechanics the current ones are a lot more deadly.

The damage of each mechanic is increased heavily. I will write tips/tricks later. but a few things that are important to note:

Each door it is advisable to Target the large adds> smaller ones. Having three larges adds up at the same time will easily lead to a wipe.

you will want personal cool downs on door two if you get two stacks of Rending Charge cast by the Gurubashi Bloodlord

Interupts on the Fireball cast by the Amani'shi Flame Caster is very important.

on the 4th door it is advisable to kill one bear then its shaman one by one. Having more than one shaman up at a time can prove deadly.

Slow or stop casting abilities if you have Hex of Confusion

War-God Jalak's Bestial Cry will likely kill your raid at the 4th without major cool downs and is almost garenteed to wipe you on the 5th. In addition based on you dps you will also have a Dire Call while Jalak is alive.

you will also want minor cooldown's to survive a dire call following jalak's death.

Here is a list of the health values in 10 and 25m heroic. The numbers have been rounded up to the nearest hundred thousand.

Horridon:

10- 654.2M

25- 1,962.6M

Dinomancer:

10- 6.3M

25- 18.9M

Jalak:

10- 26.1M

25- 78.5M

Sul'lithuz Stonegazer:

10- 2M

25- 6.1M

Farraki Skirmisher:

10- 2.9M

25- 8.6M

Farraki Wastewalker:

10- 12.6M

25- 37.9M

Gurubashi Bloodlord:

10- 8.9M

25- 26.6M

Gurubashi Venom Priest:

10- 9.5M

25- 28.5M

Venomous Effusion:

10- 1.3M

25- 3.8M

Risen Drakkari Warrior:

10- 1.2M

25- 3.7M

Risen Drakkari Champion:

10- 3.3M

25- 9.8M

Drakkari Frozen Warlord:

10- 15.8M

25- 47.4M

Aman'shi Protector:

10- 4M

25- 12.2M

Amani'shi Flame Caster:

10- 2.4M

25- 7.3M

Amani Warbear:

10- 6.3M

25- 19M

Amani'shi Beast Shaman:

10- 6.3M

25- 19M

*Note

I'm sorry about bad formatting, short explanations, and spelling&grammar errors. I'm doing this in a rush right now so it's not well done right now, I will come back later tonight or tomorrow to fix it up. Right now I am 6/13H and am willing to provide more information about heroic modes to the encounters this tier if requested. If not too bad!

• Like 1

Horridon

Differences from Normal Mode

-higher HP, more damage

-higher imporantance on Wastewalker, Venom Priest, Frost King, and Shaman

-Direhorn Spirit

Direhorn Spirit is a new mechanic that will add to the list of things to worry about from the normal version of the encounter. When Horridon does Dire Call, 1 random ranged or healer will become focused by a Direhorn Spirit for the remainder of the fight. The Direhorn Spirit can spawn anywhere within Horridon's hit box, so it's important for ranged and healers to remain at range from Horridon just before Dire Call. If the Direhorn Spirit reaches you, he will melee you quickly for a very high amount and prove to be extremely deadly. Once all ranged and healers are focused, melee will become focused by Direhorn Spirits. No one else can see your Direhorn Spirit. The way to handle this mechanic is to employ any ranged attack and hit it. This will knock the Direhorn Spirit back approximately 8-10 yards. Quick and easy ways to handle this is to set up a macro that will attac the Direhorn Spirit with an ability your class has with a high range. For example:

Warlocks:

/tar Direhorn Spirit

/cast Fel Flame

/targetlasttarget

Paladins:

/tar Direhorn Spirit

/cast Judgment

/targetlasttarget

Replace the cast part of the macro with any ability that will reach the Direhorn Spirit.

Bloodlust must be used when Warlord Jalak comes out. He must be nuked down with extreme prejudice the second he steps foot in the arena. Once he is down, keep the tanks alive because Horridon will hit harder than anything you've seen up to this point.

Helpful tips on the stacking debuff on tanks: Hand of Protection removes it. Paladin tanks can remove this debuff from themselves with relative ease. All other tanks can rely on a Retribution Paladin or Holy Paladin spec'd into Clemency and a set rotation. This debuff must be handled as Horridon's tank damage is high.

For all doors, dispels must be used like they're going out of fashion. Non-healers who use dispels (Warlocks, Ret Paladins, Shadow Priests, etc.) should also help alleviate the strain on healers by assisting on the appropriate door. Door 1 = Magic, Door 2 = Poison, for example.

Difficulty: 3rd easiest Heroic, imo, after Jin'rokh and Ji'Kun

• Like 1

Guest SenSayNyu

You could knockback Direhorn Spirits without dealing damage to them. As a shaman I can cast Purge or Wind Shear, holy paladins can use taunt if they're in trouble and Judgement is on CD. I would suggest that any spell you can cast on enemy will work.

You could knockback Direhorn Spirits without dealing damage to them. As a shaman I can cast Purge or Wind Shear, holy paladins can use taunt if they're in trouble and Judgement is on CD. I would suggest that any spell you can cast on enemy will work.

can confirm.

also ranged dps> healers

Warlocks:

/tar Direhorn Spirit

/cast Fel Flame

/targetlasttarget

Paladins:

/tar Direhorn Spirit

/cast Judgment

/targetlasttarget

Priest (both healer and DPS)

/tar Direhorn Spirit

/cast Shadow Word: Pain

/cast Vampiric Touch(DPS only, optional)

/targetlasttarget

For Shadow there is the added benefit that SW:P spawns apparitions which in turn will knock it back even further. Better still, with T15 4P and a bit of luck, you won't have to worry about spirit for quite extended periods, but you'll have to add a /cast Vampiric Touch to the macro.

Edited by MoacaBogdan

On a couple of attempts, we had a very unusual situation, in that a person who is targeted by a spirit dies to other stuff (we had too many stacks of poison and not enough dispells). After he died, about after 20seconds, another ranged DPS that was not targeted by Dire Call, died instantly, and addon told us his death cause was unknown(which it only does when we die by the direhorn spirit). He said that there was no spirit that he could see, and when it happened a second time, had us wondering.

What happens when a targeted player dies, but not from the spirit ? Does it change targets but remain invisible to the new target ? Does it despawn but not all the times (a bug) ? Has anyone encountered this problem as well ?

Guest George2342

I believe if people use things like Feign Death, the pink dino will choose another target but remain invisible to them. Not sure if death of a player does the same thing.

Also, I think its worth mentioning that melee is pretty weak in heroic mode because of the pink dinos. If you had some sort of ability to knock them back without getting hit is risky in my opinion, since your so worried about the ground and Horridons ground effects.

Guest Luc

Shackle undead from preists work on the pink dino's seeing as they are undead?