Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

Notes about Unerring Vision of Lei Shen:

All Specs

DOES NOT work with Doomguard/Infernal

Destruction

DOES work for Immolate

DOES NOT work for Rain of Fire (auto-crits cease when Perfect Aim ends)

DOES work for Chaos Bolt (very difficult to time well...I was 3 yards from a dummy and just BARELY got it in...not dependable from ranged)

Note about Chaos Bolt: my static Crit chance is 16.52%. With this Crit chance, my Chaos Bolt hit for 260k. With the Perfect Aim buff, my Chaos Bolt hit for 460k. Considering the 83.48% gain in Crit chance, the 460k Chaos Bolt was about 77% more powerful with Perfect Aim up. There might have been some other buffs running, but it it would've been close to the same result.

Demonology

DOES work for Doom. This is the best use for this trinket. Each time it ticks, you get an Imp and it does critical damage. HUGE Demonology buff.

DOES work for Corruption, although you'll be modifying this frequently with Touch of Chaos.

DOES buff Soulfire...this will be passive and not your best use for the trinket proc

Affliction

DOES work for Soulburn: Soul Swap. All 3 DoTs applied crit each time they tick.

DOES NOT work for Malefic Grasp/Drain Soul duration. It updates dynamically, so when the buff wears off, spells do not auto-crit anymore.

DOES work for Haunt

Question for Demo. Would applying Doom x2 while this procs be worth it if no other procs were rolling at the same time? Does the benefit from imp generation outweigh having a fairly weak spell modifier on Doom? Would you ever consider overwriting DS empowered Doom for a perfect aim empowered Doom?

It seems like some sticky situations would come up with this trinket. I'm still juggling having Demo as my offspec since i prefer demo over destro for pvp.

http://www.worldoflo...b49yx67xauo4if/

Demo log with Lei-Shen's trinket and Grim of Sac...I'm very pleased.

As for your Doom question, you really want to use Affdots with it. It'll give you the best time to reapply Doom.

So with this trinket, can demo be competetive with aff and destro or be still behind?

Also what do you think about this trinket for aff Zagam? I have hydra and cha-ye but I still want other two trinkets. I know wush is awesome but I see Method locks using cha-ye + lei shen also there is an awesome synergy between wush and lei shen, I also love hydra's long proc and haste. I need serious help or more trinket slots.

Edited by Sifon

I'm going to be biased because I love Demonology. I pray every tier for it to be viable so I can play it, so I'll always tell you it's viable if I can produce results like that. Yes, I know it's LFR, but I use it as a various means for testing real DPS situations. Stone Guard is a classic 3 target fight (forgot to turn logs on, was at 296k), Feng is a single target with light movement, Gara'jal is Patchwerk, Spirit Kings is single target with moderate movement, Elegon is Helter Skelter, and Will of Emps is lots of add switching.

Unerring Vision is a playstyle and game changer for Demonology. You have to watch for your proc like a hawk...if you get it, HUGE DPS gain...if you miss it, big opportunity lost. I think on Gara'jal, every single Doom tick was a crit...that is mega awesome.

For Affliction, I see a big issue with it in terms of what else you have running. For me, as a Tailor, I have the following procs possible:

Jade Spirit (1650 Int)

Lightweave (2000 Int)

Trinkets (used to be 3500 Int, now is 8800 Haste)

On top of watching my self-induced CDs such as Dark Soul and whatever resource I'm managing (Demonic Fury, Burning Embers, Soul Shards), there are a lot of things that would have to line up in order for Unerring Vision to line up properly. For example, let's say at the beginning of a fight, Lei Shen's trinket procs and everything is live...locking those DoTs in is going to mean MEGA damage...I mean off the charts (400k+). The problem is when it doesn't proc until everything is over. You have to make a judgment call on whether your buffed DoTs would be more valuable than guaranteed crit DoTs. I would think no because the guaranteed crits portion doesn't carry over to the MG/DS proc'd DoTs after Perfect Aim wears off. The other crap situation is having Perfect Aim proc, getting your DoTs locked in, then having Jade Spirit, Dark Soul, and Lightweave proc resulting in a similar situation where you have to decide if you're going to override your 100% crit DoTs for empowered DoTs.

I think the effect of this can be negated if you worry primarily about static stats instead of procs...for example, swap out Tailoring proc for a more stable profession like Alchemy. I don't think this is beneficial, however, and I just think Affliction is going to have to pray to the heavens to have Perfect Aim line up with other things. I think for Affliction, Wush and Breath are going to be your primary two...Wush provides a HUGE Intellect proc that will likely bypass all other procs for you to SB:SS with. Breath gives an insane amount of Haste as well as a powerful Int proc for 20 seconds. I think the way the trinkets come out with perfect human play, Unerring isn't going to be your friend as Affliction...there just isn't an additional benefit to your DoT crits like there are with other specs/classes.

I just want all the trinkets so I can do live testing...I hate counting on simulations or other peoples' logs to test, but that's what I'm limited to. Me and trinket drops don't get along...I'm EXTREMELY grateful for getting Unerring.

IMO u can use both combination: LS+CY or BoH + Wushy but never Lei-Shen's with other one.

The awesomeness in Wushy depends in how u use your procs, simulation don't show properly, but in practice, when u dot with BOH procd - or any other proc - plus the Wushy fully stacked, your dmg just blow up everything.

Probably the best combination depends on which trinket do u have thunderforged and how much crit gear - or haste - did u have.

Edited by JvChequer

Can someone help me out with these new trinkets and destro? I just got breath of hydra yesterday. With these trinkets, am I using DS everytime its off CD even without procs? There are times where ds is off cd and im waiting for the hydra trink to proc, and sometimes it takes up to 2 mins or more. Should I be sitting on ds and just wait for hydra to proc so i can use it with ds... or use ds on cd regardless since the randomness of the trinket procs? Should you also unload as many chaos bolts during this proc regardless? Thanks.

Edited by uconnfan34

You NEVER sit on Dark Soul except for the first 3 spell casts if you have Unerring Vision of Lei Shen. Otherwise, you use Dark Soul on CD. With Hydra, you have two situational procs to fire of Chaos Bolts: 1) Dark Soul & 2) Breath of the Hydra proc

The way you'll want to operate is you'll want to never cast an unproc'd Chaos Bolt. Breath's internal CD will average about to just about a minute variance, but in any single fight, you could see procs up to 3 minutes apart down to procs happening while another proc is already live. That said, you still need to avoid hitting 4 Burning Embers. Never cap embers. Knowing this, you can plan accordingly. If Dark Soul is at least a minute away from coming back up, then you should be pooling embers. This is VERY ROUGHLY how I would react...

1) Dark Soul > 1 min away & >3 Embers -> pop Chaos Bolt with any proc I see (Jade Spirit, Tailoring, Engineering, etc) to avoid capping at 4 Embers

2) Dark Soul > 1 min away and < 3 Embers -> pool embers until a meaningful proc happens like Breath of the Hydra

I'm not 100% confident in this statement, but I'm going to say that I believe a 7000 Intellect proc would be more valuable to your Chaos Bolt than the 30% Crit chance from Dark Soul. Someone with this trinket could confirm it for me since Megaera is being a slut and won't drop it for me. Based on the damage buff of your Chaos Bolt with either of those two procs live, you'll want to prioritize one over the other. Just know that sitting on Dark Soul while waiting for Breath to proc isn't ideal. In fact, it's very bad.

• Like 1

dWtfdaGEis9srQSlcsBJKAMIu1Cj0Sf1njWLv6BqspwQ2Pe2l1Uv1(jj9tPKHrIFd6WenuOudwKYWrjheL6VKQJPOoNI0cjOwkKOfdry5k8qfXtrwMk8CGjcr0uHQjlPPlCrOWvjiEgPCDPyJqkNgvBgfBhIQpRs(kKW0uP(oeLrcP6KIy0QOXtsCjisULi5AsPopeUTenoOOxdLSNnUjUPKp2bJSVIjD4dejwBoRJomJqxa)ReegNMaMgAkZMknvnvnUjg4hehPxxCOyQYbSYseui7ybmHuSmPslggWgUi1SIIPXEXHpocwRjEh(MYqz14MAaREplbalSPbmVg3uzto4g3Hdt9SeamUja)VYRjuWgLPV1K05WHjeTyyaB4IuAkMK9GdFGXnbc5imUPku)kdrMf2ufQdGnF1cBcaB(QPKp2bJSVISR1wpqefRel2ndjquWw5src28vGiDcJRMxOLS0mbGnFvVFk)FZMeibXoC4WeVAAYPmfI1eiKDSatGFi5F5(HPwcbNsqsmmfd(11omUPxwUaJ7IztcKGyhL8V6IdtyVdMThQMgBEPdhMqgVgNgn13OQnDg1BmBRCODODyMu3OAIb(HjmYixijQMg2Cv2SPVPeFWVU2bWfZMox(1z4IB1MQCaRSersh(Ms(yhmY(kM0HpqKyT5So6WmcDb8VsqyCAceYowaSH8pmnbJcCmqPPyvjMaZWHXDXHrdvmvuFOnvR99ScMyQwXmPAR5cnJM67Pt1MpUv0UpuM2E2mPAR2HdtsJBsGee7OK)vtjFSdgzFft6WhisS2CwhDygHUa(xjimonH9oy2EOAAS5LMs(yhmY(kM0HpqKnsWZ8aHo6nFSdD0G9gWwzZlDyc5Uy(wrXHn

This is my aura for Perfect Aim, 46x46 image nearly in the middle of the screen, shotgun sound on proc. Since I swap between Cha-ye's and Unerring, this aura also shows Cha-ye's procs, after you import you can go Trigger tab and delete Mastermind from Aura(s) to get rid of it. Also aura named Cha-ye, you can change it if you like.

• Like 2

dWtfdaGEis9srQSlcsBJKAMIu1Cj0Sf1njWLv6BqspwQ2Pe2l1Uv1(jj9tPKHrIFd6WenuOudwKYWrjheL6VKQJPOoNI0cjOwkKOfdry5k8qfXtrwMk8CGjcr0uHQjlPPlCrOWvjiEgPCDPyJqkNgvBgfBhIQpRs(kKW0uP(oeLrcP6KIy0QOXtsCjisULi5AsPopeUTenoOOxdLSNnUjUPKp2bJSVIjD4dejwBoRJomJqxa)ReegNMaMgAkZMknvnvnUjg4hehPxxCOyQYbSYseui7ybmHuSmPslggWgUi1SIIPXEXHpocwRjEh(MYqz14MAaREplbalSPbmVg3uzto4g3Hdt9SeamUja)VYRjuWgLPV1K05WHjeTyyaB4IuAkMK9GdFGXnbc5imUPku)kdrMf2ufQdGnF1cBcaB(QPKp2bJSVISR1wpqefRel2ndjquWw5src28vGiDcJRMxOLS0mbGnFvVFk)FZMeibXoC4WeVAAYPmfI1eiKDSatGFi5F5(HPwcbNsqsmmfd(11omUPxwUaJ7IztcKGyhL8V6IdtyVdMThQMgBEPdhMqgVgNgn13OQnDg1BmBRCODODyMu3OAIb(HjmYixijQMg2Cv2SPVPeFWVU2bWfZMox(1z4IB1MQCaRSersh(Ms(yhmY(kM0HpqKyT5So6WmcDb8VsqyCAceYowaSH8pmnbJcCmqPPyvjMaZWHXDXHrdvmvuFOnvR99ScMyQwXmPAR5cnJM67Pt1MpUv0UpuM2E2mPAR2HdtsJBsGee7OK)vtjFSdgzFft6WhisS2CwhDygHUa(xjimonH9oy2EOAAS5LMs(yhmY(kM0HpqKnsWZ8aHo6nFSdD0G9gWwzZlDyc5Uy(wrXHn

This is my aura for Perfect Aim, 46x46 image nearly in the middle of the screen, shotgun sound on proc. Since I swap between Cha-ye's and Unerring, this aura also shows Cha-ye's procs, after you import you can go Trigger tab and delete Mastermind from Aura(s) to get rid of it. Also aura named Cha-ye, you can change it if you like.

thank you kind sir

Hello. I roam these forums from time to time and enjoy the posts and effort being put in, Zagam. One thing I noticed were You saying: "DOES NOT work for Malefic Grasp/Drain Soul duration. It updates dynamically, so when the buff wears off, spells do not auto-crit anymore.". The entire duration is critical if applied while Perfect Aim is present.

Hello. I roam these forums from time to time and enjoy the posts and effort being put in, Zagam. One thing I noticed were You saying: "DOES NOT work for Malefic Grasp/Drain Soul duration. It updates dynamically, so when the buff wears off, spells do not auto-crit anymore.". The entire duration is critical if applied while Perfect Aim is present.

That may be true for something long lasting like Drain Soul, but it's hardly worth a mention for Malefic Grasp since you should be seeing a 4 second cast time, anyways.

Updated the first post with some thoughts on each trinket regardless of their Simcraft value.

Got Heroic Wushoolay's last night. I'll be able to test it during raids tonight and tomorrow and extensively during the weekend. Not sure how good it is for Demonology (would prefer Heroic Breath, but hey, beggars can't be choosers) but I'll do what I can to make it work.

Also, screw all that Hit rating. I have to gem Stam/Haste in blue sockets to get under hit cap. ROAR.

Also, screw all that Hit rating.

I know that feeling bro.

Wushy + Horridon Staff just make my hit blows every meter.

Yeah, last night I picked up heroic Wush and heroic Horridon staff, both on coins (sign I need to stay with this guild). All that Hit. I replaced all my Hit gems and reforged out of hit everywhere I could. Ended up at 14.96. NO MOAR HIT UPGRADES.

5% more damage on Horridon, Tortos, Megaera, Jikun, and Iron Qons dogs + Berserking = win. After progression is done with this tier, I'm going back Orc.

5% more damage on Horridon, Tortos, Megaera, Jikun, and Iron Qons dogs + Berserking = win. After progression is done with this tier, I'm going back Orc.

Needs more haste. I've got herbalism too, get@me.

I couldn't drop my 90%+ of all recipes for my Tailoring and JC or I would have been Herbalism/Engineering. Oh well. But yeah, I broke 10k Haste with my upgrades...it's AWESOME. Tested Wild Imps last night during all procs...45 sec CD. OP as all hell. Definitely going to abuse that as Demo in PvP.

Would it be worth replacing the Shadowpan Assault trinket with an LFR Lei Shen trinket, considering the lower PPM?

Yeah because it's still going to proc on the pull. Use Everlasting Affliction glyph, apply it twice, get a 135 second 100% Crit Doom.

Yeah because it's still going to proc on the pull. Use Everlasting Affliction glyph, apply it twice, get a 135 second 100% Crit Doom.

always putting everything in reference to demo eh zagy ? :)

That's really all the Lei Shen trinket is good for. It's garbage for Affliction and requires crazy tight timing for Destruction, so I assumed that's what he was referring to.