FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

Does anyone have any tips on not missing UVoLS procs? I'm using WA to put a big alarm in my sight and I always see it but with the 4s window and my 2.8 CB cast time, I don't have a whole lot of time to get the CB off in time. I use a stopcast macro for the CB, but at times I get excited and hit the key twice and poof chance gone. Posted Image

Would putting more emphasize in Haste over Mastery be of benefit? better reliability>bigger number?

Does anyone have any tips on not missing UVoLS procs? I'm using WA to put a big alarm in my sight and I always see it but with the 4s window and my 2.8 CB cast time, I don't have a whole lot of time to get the CB off in time. I use a stopcast macro for the CB, but at times I get excited and hit the key twice and poof chance gone. Posted Image

Would putting more emphasize in Haste over Mastery be of benefit? better reliability>bigger number?

Your perfect aim proc would be better utilized by an Immolate + Conflag.

Your perfect aim proc would be better utilized by an Immolate + Conflag.

So I mentioned this before, but I did attempt to test it out using simc and changing around the apl. Turned out to be around a 4k DPS loss to do this for the t15H destro profile. It very well could be that I didn't make the correct adjustments, but it is intuitive to think that not getting a CB off during this proc is going to be a substantial loss. I wouldn't take my sims too seriously though and it'd be cool if gahhda could weigh in with his experience here.

Do your best to squeeze a CB in Thaedor! Practice as best you can. I find reacting to a sound is quicker for me personally then reacting to an icon popping up on my screen. I use both, but by now I'm only really paying attention to the sound. I believe it is generally okay to use 3x stacks of backdraft to cast a CB as well for a PA proc, so don't shy away if you've got 3+ stacks when PA pops up.

Extra haste isn't going to help your reaction time, or prevent you from double tapping your stopcast macro Posted Image

so while farming for some secrets today (yea i know ive fallen behind lol) I had the LFR wushoo drop. I figured its not worth using but thought id ask here before i DE it. Im currently using a 2/2 Volatile Talisman and a 2/2 Normal Light of the Cosmos. Would the LFR Wushoo be worth using? even fully upgraded?

Im currently affliction stacking haste

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Vaeevictiss/simple

Edited by vaeevictiss

thunderforged Uneering vision.. dropped.. WENT to our lock who hops around on characters every other day... BECAUSE my current trinkets are already upgraded.... How fair is this crap.

You mean the guy who's using two 522 trinkets? And has just about as many kills as you do on bosses in ToT? I think you were just looking for a reason to get UVLS. Which is greedy. He probably just gave it to you because you threw a fit, and he realizes that it'll drop again. So if he doesn't have it by the time the heroic one drops, will you let him have it, or will you bitch that you should get it?

You mean the guy who's using two 522 trinkets? And has just about as many kills as you do on bosses in ToT? I think you were just looking for a reason to get UVLS. Which is greedy. He probably just gave it to you because you threw a fit, and he realizes that it'll drop again. So if he doesn't have it by the time the heroic one drops, will you let him have it, or will you bitch that you should get it?

Posted Image

Edited by Omaric
  • Like 1

Perhaps i should of let him have it, but then again... NAAAAAAAAA. He does play his lock a lot more now, but he wasn't at the time this dropped.

Edited by obleak

This isn't a shit flinging forum. Take petty arguments elsewhere please. Hence my picture.

I'd say yes, ditch the Light.

hmm, ill give it a shot then. Id imagine you mean a fully upgraded version of it? I just was not sure how it would be since i didnt have the time at the time to reforge and gem stuff to get the stats in order. Ill work on it on my lunch break tho.

hmm, ill give it a shot then. Id imagine you mean a fully upgraded version of it? I just was not sure how it would be since i didnt have the time at the time to reforge and gem stuff to get the stats in order. Ill work on it on my lunch break tho.

Well it looks like you're getting some normal council kills in, so I don't know that I'd drop valor points to upgrade the LFR version of Wush. You still have enough haste to warrant using it over your Light IMO.

yea ive actually been hoping for it there. We dont get to it much because im in a slow moving guild now so they tend to lock out so we can keep trying the bosses further in w/o wasting a day getting there. Its actually really annoying and depressing lol. Last couple xpacs i was in guilds that were semi casual-semi HC and was able to get BiS (outside of hard modes) with dragonwrath last expansion.

Early this xpac our MT passed away in RL and the guild fell apart. So i transfered servers with a couple guildies and came here. They were pushing hard then two of the GMs went back to their original server and this guild became super casual. while i dont mind the extra free time to spend with my wife, i do miss serious raiding. It just seems impossible to find a decent guild that raids weekends (weekend mornings would be awesome but ill deal with evening).

So long story aside lol...while i should get a normal mode trinket i may not. Really want BotH too.

Just wondering i got 3 trinkets now for my demo and destro spec. [breath of the Hydra] [Wushoolay's Final Choice] [unerring Vision of Lei Shen] all 522 ilvl. Which one should i use with my UVLS for demo and which of the 3 for destro spec?

Avoid Wush with all the Hit. Changing back and forth with a Hit trinket is bad because of constant reforging. Use Breath for all specs.

Avoid Wush with all the Hit. Changing back and forth with a Hit trinket is bad because of constant reforging. Use Breath for all specs.

What he said.. all that static hit is the WORST.

What he said.. all that static hit is the WORST.

Until you get bis and you can drop almost every hit/x item for haste/mastery items :3.

Finally got UVLS LFR to drop last night and am now going demo with 8100 haste and rest mastery. Was liking the DPS but man, I seem to keep rewriting over the 100% crit dooms. No biggie, practice practice practice.

Like most here, am curious about the trinkets. Have 522 Wushu and Volatile and the 502 UVLS as mentioned. Say I get the 502 BoTH...would that be better than the Wushu or Volatile? I'm thinking not but then again....

For Demo is way better a 502 UVLS than any 522 trinket.

Maybe Shado-pan trinket be better than a 502 wushy because the 1500 hit of this trinket.

Edited by JvChequer

For Demo is way better a 502 UVLS than any 522 trinket.

Maybe Shado-pan trinket be better than a 502 wushy because the 1500 hit of this trinket.

He said he had 522 Wooshoo's

Cha-Ye is listed as BIS on the Demonology page which I've thought would come last out of all the trinkets to pair with UVLS due to the static crit. Is the list wrong or am I missing something?