FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

After leveling a Mistweaver monk I kinda see why, with a lock you just send your VW and burn the guy down. You really don't need to know mechanics. With my monk, in order to take something down you need to know mechanics. So newbs don't know mechanics.

Okay perhaps for anything that isn't important yes you can do that.. but for any dungeon, raid, scenario the mechanics are a part of any class and should never be shrugged off so lightly. For one this makes you a hinderance on others in the group. Also you'll never become great at your class doing that.

Edited by obleak

Ya I think Krager was talking about the differences of how switching from leveling mode to raiding mode is much different for locks. That's pretty much going to be true for any pet class, being able to get away with any spell/ability rotation while your pet acts as a meatshield. Things die so fast it really doesn't matter what you do sometimes. I use Ice-Veins' leveling guides as well for my alts so I get a good feel for practicing the rotations while I level. Pretty handy! The only time you get to use a real rotation while leveling is if you run dungeons or try to take down elites/rares on your way.

Yeah, to level a character requires little skill. To participate in LFR requires little skill too, see Preach's video. And you can develop horrible muscle memory when it comes to playing. For me learning to watch for Trink Procs will be a challenge as its something I haven't done to this point.

Weak Auras really helps. I only LFR and I had been doing okay just looking for the tiny icons in the upper right of my display for the procs, but trying to beat Kanrethad made me try WA and now I wonder what the heck I was thinking before. Now it's easy.

I'm sorry i misunderstood i was assuming that was your raiding style and you was wondering why that wasn't working. :P

• Like 1

I'm sorry i misunderstood i was assuming that was your raiding style and you was wondering why that wasn't working. Posted Image

Taking it in steps, moved to Elvui from X-Perl, got affdots up, and found ExtraCD, its more visual and so more noticeable when trinks pop. And I know why that wasn't working, I suck. :P Edited by Kragermilton

Wouldn't quite say you suck since you're making the efforts to improve. I can promise you one thing....once you get set up, playing and seeing bigger numbers is the reward for your hard work. It's quite encouraging and rewarding to be heralded as a solid player and all it takes is a little pre-work and some elbow grease.

Trinkets are personal choices. For Demo, UVoLS is best without question. I prefer BoTH next, but some like Cha-Ye's, and some like WFC. Depends on what kind of procs you like and can adapt to the best.

Wouldn't quite say you suck since you're making the efforts to improve. I can promise you one thing....once you get set up, playing and seeing bigger numbers is the reward for your hard work. It's quite encouraging and rewarding to be heralded as a solid player and all it takes is a little pre-work and some elbow grease.

Oh I suck, just spend 10 mins with my Mistweaver heals. :P

thunderforged Uneering vision.. dropped.. WENT to our lock who hops around on characters every other day... BECAUSE my current trinkets are already upgraded.... How fair is this crap.

Probably more fair than the warlock in my raid who has uneering vision but cant use it at all because he refuses to listen to me when I say "use the procs with doom"

thunderforged Uneering vision.. dropped.. WENT to our lock who hops around on characters every other day... BECAUSE my current trinkets are already upgraded.... How fair is this crap.

Harvest his organs. :D

• Like 2

I've slotted UVLS, but I'm having a heck of a time timing its use. It seems to proc at the wrong time and I can't seem to get a chaos bolt off quickly enough. Any tips to improve this?

UVoLS is not good for Destruction. Anyways, if you try to time it, remember that it's when Chaos Bolt leaves your character, aka the spell is executed. Travel time does not matter.

UVoLS is not good for Destruction. Anyways, if you try to time it, remember that it's when Chaos Bolt leaves your character, aka the spell is executed. Travel time does not matter.

My other options is the Volatile Talisman, better option?

Has anyone ever done a sim comparing the DPS of peeling off a CB during PA procs vs. applying Immo and casting an Incin or Conflag? I wouldn't doubt that the latter is less DPS, but it is much more manageable and lead to a few more CB's/SB's being cast over the course of a fight. Might be interesting to look at the difference to see if the extra ember gen + crits yield a higher gain than using a different trinket altogether.

Just curious.

Edit:

My other options is the Volatile Talisman, better option?

UVLS is still better imo.

Edited by Cruzan

I got the trinket - the lock gave it to me. It's double upgraded thunderforged.. now to get me my heroic version.

Has anyone ever done a sim comparing the DPS of peeling off a CB during PA procs vs. applying Immo and casting an Incin or Conflag? I wouldn't doubt that the latter is less DPS, but it is much more manageable and lead to a few more CB's/SB's being cast over the course of a fight. Might be interesting to look at the difference to see if the extra ember gen + crits yield a higher gain than using a different trinket altogether.

Just curious.

Edit:

Heck yeah.. more ember generation with Critted Immolates

Had our guilds raid night last Thursday, tried to time my procs, but I was more focused on mechanics. Until I get better at it, sticking with VTSA. Our guild is behind in progression because of RL things. Cleared MSV in one night, along with two HoF bosses.

I won Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen last night. I know that is very good for Demo. Only issue is I'm a total noob at Demo and will teach myself this week. That being said what trinket should I pair with it? I'm looking for both "newbie" and then true BIS.

Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault

Wushoolay's Final Choice

Breath of the Hydra

I might have missed this but I am using normal wusholay's and normal volatile talisman and I would like to know is it worth it to drop one of the trinket for LFR UVLS for demo spec? The reason I am asking this is because I can't kill normal lei shen because the guild I am in kill him on Monday when im not on. Sorry again if it's was talked about. I just didn't found any information.

I might have missed this but I am using normal wusholay's and normal volatile talisman and I would like to know is it worth it to drop one of the trinket for LFR UVLS for demo spec?

Yes. Drop the Volatile one.

Edited by JvChequer