FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Destruction Tips and Quirks

Omaric, how your core is doing the Golden orbs distribution on Norushen?

We killed in 2-3 tries simply going 3 heal but:

first wave: 2 dps

second wave: 2 dps 1 heal 1 tank

third wave: 1 dps 1 heal 1 tank

fourth wave: 1 heal

The first wave of ppl getting orbs - me and hunter - kill first the big adds.

The snd wave of ppl - 2 melee dps - kill first the small adds.

Everyone stacks in front of Norushen and burn him down.

Did around 310k dps.

~ ~~ ~~~

Oh..now I see you are 25man, so probably my tips are kinda worthless, sorry.

Lol, it's all good. smile.png

All hail Omaric, the man who is putting spell IDs and links in the guide!  WOOOOO

you really should play affliction for 25H norushen progression. it's a lot "safer" as far as getting valuable DPS goes. and since you are pretty late on your first heroic norushen kill, that means your guild has been farming for a while so everyone's ilvl/DPS is higher and sneaking in shadowburns will only get harder with time. 

Yeah..... it's just that I don't find Affliction very fun.  The bosses where it actually kicks serious ass are a huge pain to deal with, as you are generally swapping DoT's most of the time.  It's just a playstyle I don't enjoy.

And yes, we took a bit longer to finally kill Garrosh.  Week 3 or 4 I think?  I'm just about to the point where I'm going to keep a steady stream of RoF down and Incinerate harder while hoping to sneak in CB's on the big guys.

you really should play affliction for 25H norushen progression. it's a lot "safer" as far as getting valuable DPS goes. and since you are pretty late on your first heroic norushen kill, that means your guild has been farming for a while so everyone's ilvl/DPS is higher and sneaking in shadowburns will only get harder with time. 

"The great Destruction Warlock will stand still for 5 seconds just to snipe a shadowburn"- Sun Tzu.

I've played both.  Both give the DPS needed to win the fight.  Comes down to preference.  I do more as Destro than I do as Affliction.

I've played both.  Both give the DPS needed to win the fight.  Comes down to preference.  I do more as Destro than I do as Affliction.

Because it's way easier to snipe them in a 10 man. smile.png

I know in T15 generally speaking ilevel > tier bonus. In T16 should we go after the tier bonus regardless of ilevel? For example I currently have Warforged pants. If I get Flex pants (or even LFR) and this would make a 4 piece should I use it?

Not sure downgrading from 567 to 536 (LFR) or 548 (Flex) would be worth it, but the 4pc is very valuable.  It's basically a 33% uptime on 15% increased Crit rate which translates into 15% more powerful Chaos Bolts and 15% higher chance to double Ember generation.  Typically item level to Tier comparisons are done over small gaps such as 574 vs 580 or 561 vs 567.  In your case, the lost Intellect and secondary stats may not be worth it.

Well, T15 was mostly ilvl > 4 piece.  This tier our 4-piece is actually pretty useful in that it basically passively increases our ember generation, which is super amazing (especially in AoE).  The uptime on the 4-piece is also pretty crazy if you're playing right.

About your question specifically, I don't know that I'd replace Warforged pants with LFR pants.  Flex pants, I would say yes.  4-piece is good, but pants are also a pretty big stat contributor and losing that many ilvls would hurt a bit.

Flex - Use Flex pants if they become available

LFR - Try them out and see if there's a difference (don't waste coins praying for them)

Zagam, i remember i saw somewhere around here that you can get 3m+ chaos bolts, what the hell do you have to line up to get them? the highest i ever get is 2.7 and thats once in a blue moon. 

Max I got was around 2.6mil and that was without Banner. So I guess with a bit better gear and that crit buff you could get 3mil. Also tricks of the trade? :D

Zagam, i remember i saw somewhere around here that you can get 3m+ chaos bolts, what the hell do you have to line up to get them? the highest i ever get is 2.7 and thats once in a blue moon. 

Everything including 8-10 stacks of Black Blood with my opener.  Since I have PBI, my max CB dropped to 2.5M, but my overall DPS is higher and my avg Chaos Bolt is higher.  PBI boosts my Mastery by 8.5% and my crit damage by 8.5%, so overall, my CB does 17% more damage passively.  This trinket is just unreal.

Everything including 8-10 stacks of Black Blood with my opener.  Since I have PBI, my max CB dropped to 2.5M, but my overall DPS is higher and my avg Chaos Bolt is higher.  PBI boosts my Mastery by 8.5% and my crit damage by 8.5%, so overall, my CB does 17% more damage passively.  This trinket is just unreal.

Grats on your trinket...you lucky (finally) bastard.

Yeah, as soon as I got it, I volunteered to sit for Protectors, upgraded it, dropped Affliction, and reset up my bars for Demo.  Welcome back, Wrathguard!

• Like 2

Trinkets eluded me again for another week... neither H PBI or H KTT dropped last night. Our mage coined KTT so no more competition on that trinket when it drops for us and I got my Staff from Sha, so it was a good night regardless.

2 full progression nights for Malkorok!

Godspeed.  All I can say is learn to be patient with people making dumb mistakes.  The hardest part of this fight is not asking your teammates why they are playing like they have one hand behind their back.

• Like 3

Guys, how much dps do you get on your opener? I think I'm doing something really wrong, but can't really see what.

Maybe it's just that I'm still rolling that 5.2  valor points trinket with a haste proc...

Edited by Ilion

Guys, how much dps do you get on your opener? I think I'm doing something really wrong, but can't really see what.

Maybe it's just that I'm still rolling that 5.2  valor points trinket with a haste proc...

I have the same problem, I play with some good skills and ranking in a few fights as destro but my opener feels weird.

I have the same problem, I play with some good skills and ranking in a few fights as destro but my opener feels weird.

Thanks god I'm not  the only one, I end up being near the top (raiding with some extremely well geared people), but hells, I feel I could do my opener much better.

Yeah...that could be why. Hard to beat 10k+ per trinket Int proc that the SoO ones give. I was trailing behind the other locks for a while until I dumped my ToT trinks.

Yeah...that could be why. Hard to beat 10k+ per trinket Int proc that the SoO ones give. I was trailing behind the other locks for a while until I dumped my ToT trinks.

If only I could get my hands on a sweet PBI...

Thanks god I'm not  the only one, I end up being near the top (raiding with some extremely well geared people), but hells, I feel I could do my opener much better.

My affliction opener it's around...IDK, 850k? Where my Destro opening looks like around 650k.

IDK it's just an impression or Destro really loses by far at Opening for affliction.