FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Destruction Tips and Quirks

The 2pc isnt total sex but its still good. I wouldn't break it just for one gloves upgrade. Maybe if you had two items that were heroic SoO or you were replacing with SoO 2pc, but not much else.

Edited by Lockybalboa

The 2pc isnt total sex but its still good. I wouldn't break it just for one gloves upgrade. Maybe if you had two items that were heroic SoO or you were replacing with SoO 2pc, but not much else.

First, second best lock name, Benafflock is still champ.  That is what I was thinking, I like my cheap chaos bolt, but I"m not sure if the iLevel would make up for it. 

First, second best lock name, Benafflock is still champ. 

Ben is a chump. Not a champ.

My girlfriend's warlock is named Adrian.

• Like 1

First, second best lock name, Benafflock is still champ.  That is what I was thinking, I like my cheap chaos bolt, but I"m not sure if the iLevel would make up for it. 

The best name I've seen on a warlock is Lockandlol

Edited by Wolland

Lots of 580 gear.  We'll wait to see what Blizzard does before anyone has a chance to obtain "BiS" gear. 

Destro Mastery > Crit > Haste actually has my heart.  Took back my Rank #1 normal Malkorok (my raid team derped hard on this for 2 nights, so no heroic kill) and I pushed #18 Spoils.  I'll be back in for Klaxxi but sitting the rest....this build is just incredible.  Average Chaos Bolt on Malkorok was 1.44M.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-llj1u8xdr9ftwqz4/sum/damageDone/?s=4481&e=4674

I'm not sure if I crossed a gear threshold (I'm at 565), but this is way more fun than a Haste build.

I'll be updating this guide tomorrow.

Interesting quirk...when you die and rez, 4p set bonus procs as that first ember fills up.

4p set bonus also has something like a 10? second ICD

Siegecrafter goodness...if only I had something other than UVLS...

Um, that's not a quirk.  It says right on the tooltip that you get 15% Crit when an Ember fills up.  When you die and rez, your Ember rapidly fills to one.  I've been gaiming this ever so slightly by using Flames of Azzinoth (sp?) to res my pet...I tell my tank when it's perfect to pull, he counts down from five, and my opening Immolate has a 15% increased critical chance.  This is extremely ridiculous to pull off every time and requires group wide acceptance of what is going on. 

4pc has absolutely no CD...as fast as you can fill an ember, it'll stay up.  I had it overlap last night when 2 Incinerates and my Conflagrate all critted giving me 1.2 Embers in 3 spells.  I saw it on logs where the buff didn't go away for 10 seconds.

Yeah, that's counted as "filling" an ember. How long does the ember take to refill out of combat? Will try to game it like pre-pull Soulburn.

Then why am I not seeing that overlap single target? Does using a Chaos Bolt (ember-consuming spell) with the buff up negate the current ember being filled and thus it won't proc again until the next full ember?

I'll check my logs tonight to see if I can come up with anything.

I think there is something wrong with the 4 piece bonus for destro.  I've only had it for one night, but last night after raid we ran a BWD for transmog.  On omnitron (it died right as second due came out, did not use havoc), I used 2 CB and 4 SB, meaning I had 6 total embers, but 1 free one means I filled up 5 total embers.  I only procced the 4 piece bonus "Ember Master" 3 times.  Where are my other 2 procs?  It had uptime of 10.9s, which also seems low for 3 procs, but the last one could have happened as the boss was dying.  Any thoughts?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uwbxr3oy56hoqmha/details/15/?s=12823&e=12860

Destro Mastery > Crit > Haste actually has my heart.  Took back my Rank #1 normal Malkorok (my raid team derped hard on this for 2 nights, so no heroic kill) and I pushed #18 Spoils.  I'll be back in for Klaxxi but sitting the rest....this build is just incredible.  Average Chaos Bolt on Malkorok was 1.44M.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-llj1u8xdr9ftwqz4/sum/damageDone/?s=4481&e=4674

I'm not sure if I crossed a gear threshold (I'm at 565), but this is way more fun than a Haste build.

jeez.  How good are the other players in the raid that they are sitting you?  Or is it just so that others can get some gear?

Destro Mastery > Crit > Haste actually has my heart. Took back my Rank #1 normal Malkorok (my raid team derped hard on this for 2 nights, so no heroic kill) and I pushed #18 Spoils. I'll be back in for Klaxxi but sitting the rest....this build is just incredible. Average Chaos Bolt on Malkorok was 1.44M.

That's what I've been saying! Lol. Also I'm curious..on trash with fnb creating embers rapidly does the 4 set just process over and over, overlapping? That would only up ember gen further >:D Edited by Ilyenna

I think there is something wrong with the 4 piece bonus for destro.  I've only had it for one night, but last night after raid we ran a BWD for transmog.  On omnitron (it died right as second due came out, did not use havoc), I used 2 CB and 4 SB, meaning I had 6 total embers, but 1 free one means I filled up 5 total embers.  I only procced the 4 piece bonus "Ember Master" 3 times.  Where are my other 2 procs?  It had uptime of 10.9s, which also seems low for 3 procs, but the last one could have happened as the boss was dying.  Any thoughts?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uwbxr3oy56hoqmha/details/15/?s=12823&e=12860

There is nothing wrong with the 4pc bonus.  Testing it in the entry raid of an expansion past is a horrible testing ground.  This is like test driving a bicycle to figure out how to drive your motorcyle better.  For factual purpose, you start with 1 Ember...did you count that one?  It procs every time you fill an Ember, period, and lasts for 5 seconds per proc.

jeez.  How good are the other players in the raid that they are sitting you?  Or is it just so that others can get some gear?

I volunteer to sit for others to get gear.  I'm the best geared person on my server after rolling a 574 weapon, 574 boots, and a 580 belt in back to back to back bosses.  We run a 13 man roster (12 since we lost our Mage, still recruiting that spot), and so spreading gear around is an overall boost to the group.  I'll also volunteer to sit if someone needs a weapon off a boss and I only need a ring.  Optimizing drops for your raid team isn't just nice, it's smart.

That's what I've been saying! Lol. Also I'm curious..on trash with fnb creating embers rapidly does the 4 set just process over and over, overlapping? That would only up ember gen further >biggrin.png

Once you are at 4 Embers, it does not proc.  You must spend one.  In order to maximize AoE damage when I'm constantly at 4 Embers is I will weave in an Ember Tap every 5 seconds.  Not of huge significance, but squeezing out all those Incinerates with 15% extra Crit chance is nice.  It's one of those 'advanced' things I'll be slapping in the guide today if real work calms the fuck down.

You're spending one on the fnb incinnerates and such tho..why weave when you spend one every cast? I know what you mean about work...60+ hours a week here :(

How much haste do you sit on with this build? Is it vaiable to have an affli os with this, or is it best to reforge out of crit for that?

There is nothing wrong with the 4pc bonus.  Testing it in the entry raid of an expansion past is a horrible testing ground.  This is like test driving a bicycle to figure out how to drive your motorcyle better.  For factual purpose, you start with 1 Ember...did you count that one?  It procs every time you fill an Ember, period, and lasts for 5 seconds per proc.

Zagam you didn't even read the post or the logs to which you responded.

Combat is combat.  I procced three times on the 4 piece bonus during combat out of five times that I should have.  End of story.  The level the of mob I was fighting doesn't effect how many times I gained an ember.  

Edited by mcg05d

I'm not going to look at T16 4pc bonus in combat with T11 bosses.  Do you see the relevancy?  I've looked through hundreds of Destruction parses in the CURRENT tier and there is nothing wrong with the 4pc set bonus at all.

You're spending one on the fnb incinnerates and such tho..why weave when you spend one every cast? I know what you mean about work...60+ hours a week here sad.png

The number of Emberbits generated is calculated at the end of the cast as an immediate calculation.  If you have 40 Emberbits (4 embers) and you fire a FnB Incinerate, you instantly get credited for all of the hits...if you hit enough targets to generate 10 Emberbits and offset the cost, you don't lose or gain any Embers thus being stuck at 4 full embers.

• Like 1

I'm not going to look at T16 4pc bonus in combat with T11 bosses.  Do you see the relevancy?  I've looked through hundreds of Destruction parses in the CURRENT tier and there is nothing wrong with the 4pc set bonus at all.

I'll help you out then.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-llj1u8xdr9ftwqz4/details/3/?s=4481&e=4674

Your logs, Malkorok, posted directly in this thread.  You cast 14 Chaos Bolts, 6 Shadowburns, for a total of 20 ember uses.  You procced ember master 13 times, with total uptime of 63.3s (12.66 procs of 5s duration).  Even if you started the fight at 4 embers, you are missing procs.  Should you compare logs of T16 tier bonuses to T16 bosses?  Doubtful by your standards.  Hundreds of logs reviewed my ass.  

Either provide a reason that you are right or show me why I am not reading the logs correctly, don't dismiss me because I happened to use a different punching bag when I noticed the issue.

Edited by mcg05d

Can we all calm down please?  This isn't the WoW forums.  Zag, you *are* being a little dismissive.  Mcg05d, you're better than this.  Remember the moves that Sensei Mohawk taught us?  We must be one with the forums in harmony.

Edit:  On topic.  I concur with mcg05d that Ember Master doesn't seem to be lining up.  I see no uses of Ember Tap that would otherwise skew the results.  I can't see multiple uses of Flames of Xoroth either for Malkorok.  Other than gaining multiple Embers from Shadowburn, which isn't really feasible during this fight, I can't see why the numbers aren't matching up.

• Like 1

Can we all calm down please?  This isn't the WoW forums.  Zag, you *are* being a little dismissive.  Mcg05d, you're better than this.  Remember the moves that Sensei Mohawk taught us?  We must be one with the forums in harmony.

I'm sorry Omaric, I am being a bit too argumentative.  I just didn't appreciate being dismissed for relevant information.  I'm sorry Zagam for the way I approached this matter.  This is just fairly important to warlocks, and I would appreciate confirmation or told that I am reading logs incorrectly, the former so we can post on the WoW forums and get this fixed, or the latter so that I can learn something.

• Like 1