FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Destruction Tips and Quirks

the amplification from PBI works based on a PERCENTAGE. other trinkets like wush work based on a flat value.

for simplicity's sake, let's say you have 100 mastery. you have a crappy LFR PBI that gives 6% bonus, so that's 106 mastery. you have a different trinket that gives a flat 7 mastery bonus, so that would give you 107 mastery. obviously you want to use that second trinket instead.

now let's say you get some more gear and you have 140 mastery. your PBI puts you at 148.4 mastery, while the other trinket puts you at 147. you are now high enough ilvl that PBI is better.

but let's go back to your 100 mastery ilvl. your LFR PBI gives you 6%, but the heroic warforged gives 8% (these are not the actual values). your HWF PBI puts you at 108 mastery and the other trinket puts you at 107 mastery. even at this low ilvl, the uber version of PBI is better.

the best part of PBI is that once it becomes better than other trinkets, it just keeps getting better and better because it scales with your other gear

tl;dr do the math and always check if PBI is actually better than your other trinkets. obviously you should use wush in your case.

You're ignoring the perfect timing of the ICD int proc and when doing this calculation you also need to account for raid buffs. Not sure about the others but I know Might counts for the PBI.

You're ignoring the perfect timing of the ICD int proc and when doing this calculation you also need to account for raid buffs. Not sure about the others but I know Might counts for the PBI.

The 5% Haste buff does not, but Mastery buff definitely does. (This is why Demo DS is 30% mastery instead of 18k, 'cause that would have gotten it too).

Edited by Kazistrasza

Changing specs only costs 68g.  There's an addon that saves your bars.  I don't personally use it because I have 3 different 'active' bars saved via ElvUI.  Bar 8 = Destro, Bar 9 = Affliction, Bar 10 = Demonology.  Set ups like this make going back and forth between specs easy peasy.

Changing specs only costs 68g.  There's an addon that saves your bars.  I don't personally use it because I have 3 different 'active' bars saved via ElvUI.  Bar 8 = Destro, Bar 9 = Affliction, Bar 10 = Demonology.  Set ups like this make going back and forth between specs easy peasy.

I don't care about the cost. My concern was the bars.

How do you get bars 8 and 9? I thought 6 was the limit. I'll have to poke around when I get home otnight.

go to action bars and check 'enable' to see bars 7-12.  just enable or disable based on spec.

After seing all these post, and some logs. I've been thinking to just go fulltime destruction (besides protecters and thok when we get there) Currently using hc wush and hc bindings, would it be better to try get even a flex ktt over the wush? I'm not to familiar with how good it actually is but i can imagine those sweet CB cleaves.

Also screw the hit on wusho srsly  :<

After seing all these post, and some logs. I've been thinking to just go fulltime destruction (besides protecters and thok when we get there) Currently using hc wush and hc bindings, would it be better to try get even a flex ktt over the wush? I'm not to familiar with how good it actually is but i can imagine those sweet CB cleaves.

Also screw the hit on wusho srsly  :<

I'm going to post another thread on this in a second, but just know that KTT doesn't cleave.  It just "duplicates" the damage of a single source of damage on the current target at 33% of the original power, classified as "Multistrike".

I Use ElvUI have to try that and see if I can get it to work - I use the plugin to give me extra bars

go to action bars and check 'enable' to see bars 7-12.  just enable or disable based on spec.

I open up EC went to actionbars but I don't see that option, do you got a plugin or something, even with my extra action bar plugin not seeing option to enable base off spec

Edited by Nytemare

I'm changing to Destro and even knowing about how close Haste and Crit are and the almost irrelevancy of the secondary reforging to destro.....I really don't know if I gonna balance both crit and haste, push my haste until 30%~ to not reach any haste cap without BL or LMG and after go for crit or just go for mastery > crit > haste....

Maybe for AOE I will do: Mastery > haste and Single target Mastery > crit

Or I will reach at 10,1k~ Immo cap and then crit.

So many irrelevant options.... xD

I'm changing to Destro and even knowing about how close Haste and Crit are and the almost irrelevancy of the secondary reforging to destro.....I really don't know if I gonna balance both crit and haste, push my haste until 30%~ to not reach any haste cap without BL or LMG and after go for crit or just go for mastery > crit > haste....

Maybe for AOE I will do: Mastery > haste and Single target Mastery > crit

Or I will reach at 10,1k~ Immo cap and then crit.

So many irrelevant options.... xD

Kinda wondering this myself. Is it worth it to get the immolate cap at around ~9k haste? Should I just dump all that haste into crit... not sure...

I dropped haste for crit with good results as Destruction.  It's not as fancy as haste if Affliction is your offspec, but Demonology is my current offspec so everything is gravy.

Also, I pulled 300,000+ DPS as Destruction on heroic protectors last night with it and didn't play nearly as flawlessly as I could have.  I think that's pretty respectable given that I was using GoSup for Imp mass dispels on the debuff Sun throws out  (3 people per cast in 25 man).  Once I pick up a KTT shit is going to get absurd.  Go home Cha'ye's, nobody likes you (that much).

Destro's Immolate Haste point is 10124...unless you have Bindings, in which case, go to hell and use my chart to find the value.

• Like 3

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

What do you do on H Norushen if your raid doesn't understand "STOP DPS ON THE ADDS AT 25-30% SO I CAN SNIPE THEM WITH SHADOWBURN K THX".

It's 25M, so the likelyhood that people don't peel off early is much higher.

Try 1 (1:42) - 1 SB

Try 2 (2:59) - 7

Try 3 (2:29) - 0

Try 4 (4:48) - 12

Try 5 (0:58) - Bad attempt

Try 6 (1:26) - 2

Try 7 (2:28) - 3

Try 8 (2:02) - 6

Try 9 (5:11) - 6

Try 10 (2:30) - 1

This is going to drive me up the wall.

It's not usually an issue in 25 man.  In 10 man, trying to snipe adds is rough with good DPS.  This includes:

Immerseus puddles

Protectors small adds

Norushen adds (PLEASE LET ME HAVOC, I DO GOOD I PROMISE)

Sha of Pride small adds (usually easy to get one on the Manifestation)

Galakras adds

Dark Shaman Foul Slimes

Nazgrim adds

Malkorok slimes

Spoils of Pandaria

I don't find too many issues with Blackfuse's adds, Klaxxi Kachungs, or Garrosh's adds.  Most of these guys have a large enough HP pool you don't worry about them dying too fast.  What irks me is how long the game takes to register that something is below 20%.  I've seen it take as long as 1.5 globals.  Really annoying when you anticipate being able to SB and can't do it because of server lag.

What irks me is how long the game takes to register that something is below 20%.  I've seen it take as long as 1.5 globals.  Really annoying when you anticipate being able to SB and can't do it because of server lag.

A million times this.  I just stand there spamming SB and looking like a wet noodle.  Might have to just give up the dream.

This problem increases the more sub 20% instant executes users you have in the raid.

Didn't it used to be 25% back when it was on a cooldown?

Edited by Rakupenda

Not sure on what it was originally, but we have 2 more warlocks who are currently Affliction for this fight and 2 Shadow Priests that I believe are using SW:Death.  Do they gain anything from using it?  Because I know my SB numbers blow SW:D numbers out of the water.

Just looked it up and it looks like it gives them a Shadow Orb if the mobs dies from it, but at the same time my normal SB hits 100k harder than their SW:D crits.

Zags can you sift through this when you get off work?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b4u001wb4skh6e27/sum/damageDone/?s=12195&e=12415

I'm no longer on par with you for ilvl, about 10 ilvls behind, but I'm trying to figure out how I'm so far behind you on this fight when I completed it 2:20 sooner.  Does the damage you do to the add in heroic via Havoc really account for a difference of 50k DPS?  Is the 4-piece a big factor I'm missing out on?

Hmm, maybe I'm answering my own questions.  You're staring a 25%+ uptime on Ember Master in the face.  A 4th of the fight you have 15% more crit than I do.  Combined with the fact that your KTT loves you more than mine loves me and the 10 ilvls.... maybe I'm where I should be.

50k isn't a terrible variance considering all things.  If you did 300k, I think you're fine.  You woulda been 2nd place on my guild's meter.  I'm convinced that Warlocks aren't superior here...I'm just outplaying them.  Our Rogue is running around collecting Orbs, and he was still 2nd place.  I'm also receiving Tricks now, which I wasn't before, so that is a 20% uptime (6 sec every 30 if he uses on CD) of a 15% damage buff.  You might wanna sift thru my log to see my actual uptime on tricks.  I need to work with him to get notifications.  I will use a 15% damage buff as an Int proc to fire off a Cbaos Bolt.  You can only get the Heroic add with every other Havoc.  Most of the time I just put Immolate on it and went back to Malkorok but switching back to snipe with Shadowburn if possible.

In the kill attempt I've been referencing you received 3 total Tricks for an uptime of 5%.  One of them lined up with Toxic Power and one lined up with Ember Master (meh).  You didn't get a whole lot of benefit.  Once you get the PBI proc....... yeah you'll definitely be telling your rogue when to use Tricks.  tongue.png

Edit: One thing I *did* notice is that you never dip below 170k~ DPS.  I have areas where I dip below 100k DPS.  I don't know what I was doing.  Maybe interrupted by being knocked up in the air and had an awkward recovery?  Eh..... that's something I can adjust easily enough.

You using KJC?  Being knocked in the air keeps you spamming Incinerate.  Moving from Breaths, smashes, and to soak purple pools allows you to keep spamming Incinerate.  Getting off 200k Incinerates every 1.3-1.5 seconds with Conflag and Immolate going at all times, shouldn't be dropping too far.  My DPS graph has lots of spikes...most of them are reacting to my rules about Chaos Bolt (proc? cast.  >3.5 embers? cast; otherwise, no) so you see lots of spikes.

Not sure on what it was originally, but we have 2 more warlocks who are currently Affliction for this fight and 2 Shadow Priests that I believe are using SW:Death.  Do they gain anything from using it?  Because I know my SB numbers blow SW:D numbers out of the water.

Just looked it up and it looks like it gives them a Shadow Orb if the mobs dies from it, but at the same time my normal SB hits 100k harder than their SW:D crits.

Spriest gain a Shadow Orb when they use SWD the first time (can use a second time if target doesn't die from it, if it does die it goes on cooldown), not when a mob dies.

Edited by Rakupenda

Zag: Yes I use KJC most of the time as Destruction.  Incinerate is too powerful of a filler now.  Also, let me know if your monk tank would like to switch to 25's.  :D

Raku: Thanks for the clarification sir!

Omaric, how your core is doing the Golden orbs distribution on Norushen?

We killed in 2-3 tries simply going 3 heal but:

first wave: 2 dps

second wave: 2 dps 1 heal 1 tank

third wave: 1 dps 1 heal 1 tank

fourth wave: 1 heal

The first wave of ppl getting orbs - me and hunter - kill first the big adds.

The snd wave of ppl - 2 melee dps - kill first the small adds.

Everyone stacks in front of Norushen and burn him down.

Did around 310k dps.

~ ~~ ~~~

Oh..now I see you are 25man, so probably my tips are kinda worthless, sorry.

Edited by JvChequer
  • Like 1