FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Destruction Tips and Quirks

My affliction opener it's around...IDK, 850k? Where my Destro opening looks like around 650k.

IDK it's just an impression or Destro really loses by far at Opening for affliction.

I think that's a given, If affliction didn't have that burst it'd just suck balls.

My affliction opener it's around...IDK, 850k? Where my Destro opening looks like around 650k.

IDK it's just an impression or Destro really loses by far at Opening for affliction.

And the longer the fight goes on, the more Destro gains on Affliction. After the burst opener with everything lining up, Affliction takes a back seat.

And the longer the fight goes on, the more Destro gains on Affliction. After the burst opener with everything lining up, Affliction takes a back seat.

Until they manage to line up BBoY with some other sexy procs.

Until they manage to line up BBoY with some other sexy procs.

Consistency is key. It's like getting a good UVLS proc with meta haste lining up for multiple imps. On fights that happens you do good, on fights it doesn't you do less-than-optimal.

I just think saying it takes a back seat is a little much, seeing how we're trying to convey the idea that all specs are doing well.  This is really more dependent on trinket procs than spec choice.

A little exaggeration, but I meant it more along the lines of you won't be able to pull 1 million dps again after the first minute. It's definitely front-loaded (opposed to how it used to be end-loaded with the old Drain Soul)

It boils down to this:

Affliction's burst comes from snapshotting aligned trinkets and buffing them further with Haunt. You really only use 4 seconds of a 10 second trinket proc (2 for applying dots, 2 for Haunts).

Destro/Demo's burst comes from pooling resources during no-proc downtime and using it up during trinket procs.

Destro's opener involves getting two Chaos Bolts in your first 10 seconds.  Do whatever you must to make that happen.

• Like 1

Destro's opener involves getting two Chaos Bolts in your first 10 seconds.  Do whatever you must to make that happen.

^ + RoF with Haste. I see many forgetting the heavenly fireballs.

Then it's just the missing trinket which is hurting me so much

Zagam your armory says that you are using Grimoire of sacrafice. just wondering why that is, instead of Supremacy

Once you get KTT GoSac increases in performance for Destruction.

ok new questions, whats KTT? &

When comparing my toon to mr. robot my stats after refordging doesnt add up. should i be looking at Ranged, Spell or Melee?

it says my mast should be 101.05 when on wow its like 83... I dont get itblink.png

ok new questions, whats KTT? &

When comparing my toon to mr. robot my stats after refordging doesnt add up. should i be looking at Ranged, Spell or Melee?

it says my mast should be 101.05 when on wow its like 83... I dont get itblink.png

You are confusing the hell out of me, gentle soul.

First, KTT = Kardris' Toxic Totem.  Trinket from Dark Shaman bosses.

What do you mean your stats aren't adding up exactly?  You should definitely be looking at spell stats.  Us warlocks are spell casters.

As for mastery, are you sure you're looking at the same specs?  15,000 mastery for Destruction is a different percentage than 15,000 mastery for Demonology.

Zagam your armory says that you are using Grimoire of sacrafice. just wondering why that is, instead of Supremacy

Never look at my armory.  I do weird things all the time.  Follow the guidelines written out here.

I LEGIT had someone ask why I was using a Safari Hat and the Timeless Isle trinket.  Please don't look at my armory.  I do weird things all the time.

I LEGIT had someone ask why I was using a Safari Hat and the Timeless Isle trinket.  Please don't look at my armory.  I do weird things all the time.

But your armory says you use Mr.Whiskers as a battlepet, I was doing so to increase my dps! :(

Edited by Ilion

Never look at my armory.  I do weird things all the time.  Follow the guidelines written out here.

Gotta spiritbond that gear to break for materia.

Wait, wrong game.

You are confusing the hell out of me, gentle soul.

First, KTT = Kardris' Toxic Totem.  Trinket from Dark Shaman bosses.

What do you mean your stats aren't adding up exactly?  You should definitely be looking at spell stats.  Us warlocks are spell casters.

As for mastery, are you sure you're looking at the same specs?  15,000 mastery for Destruction is a different percentage than 15,000 mastery for Demonology.

OK so bare withme, I suck at explaining stuff... in game when you click onyour pic & it shows you all your armor. To the left of that is all the stats... Then onthe mr.robot page it has the optomized stats to the lef tof the page

Mr.Robot says

Mastery
97.83%
81.87%
Spell Power
Spell Hit (?)
15.20%
15.20%
Crit (?)
19.18%
13.22%
Haste
8.75%
8.75%

My in game pic says...

under spell

mast   83.38

spell power   28.366

hit   13.14

crit   17.34

haste   8.12

See where the numbers are different?  god I hope this helps cause I literally spent all update today reading this thread & others.. now im confused =( I just wanna be good & get into a  reg flex raid group

OK so bare withme, I suck at explaining stuff... in game when you click onyour pic & it shows you all your armor. To the left of that is all the stats... Then onthe mr.robot page it has the optomized stats to the lef tof the page

Mr.Robot says

buff                   unbuffed

Mastery 97.83%                81.87%
Spell Power 33887          28366
Spell Hit (?)  15.20%        15.20%
Crit (?)  19.18%                13.22%
Haste  8.75%                   8.75%

My in game pic says...

under spell

mast          83.38

spell power   28.366

hit              13.14

crit              17.34

haste         8.12

See where the numbers are different?  god I hope this helps cause I literally spent all update today reading this thread & others.. now im confused =( I just wanna be good & get into a  reg flex raid group

ok so it didnt copy & paste didnt work the way i thought.. here it is again

If your numbers are different, then you should reload your armory and re-optimize. Odds are very good you're off. I've never once seen AMR's stat calculations be off by more than 1 point (which is due to rounding with PBI).

Hey all,

Should be a pretty easy and quick question for someone to clear up.....

When you fire off a CB, does it use your stats from when its released or the time when it hits like HoG?

i.e. Should you be timing to fire your last CB off just as the trinket finish's procc'ing, or timing it to hit the target as the Proc ends?!

Cheers!

Hey all,

Should be a pretty easy and quick question for someone to clear up.....

When you fire off a CB, does it use your stats from when its released or the time when it hits like HoG?

i.e. Should you be timing to fire your last CB off just as the trinket finish's procc'ing, or timing it to hit the target as the Proc ends?!

Cheers!

First post in this thread. Section 11. Paragraph 2.

• Like 1

I have inv_helm_cloth_raidwarlock_n_01.jpgHood of the Horned Nightmare and I also have inv_helm_cloth_raidmage_n_01.jpgHood of Swirling Senses

Do I go for the 2pc Destro bonus or do I go with the better warforged item? I know 2pc is crappy compare to 4pc but for time being. my goal is to get T Shoulder, Chest, and Legs - I got hands and use the Warforged Helm as Mr. Robot says its BIS for me (only counting normal) 

Stats - 4.6 Mastery, 4.5 Crit - and I put Haste to .01 so I would get all mastery/crit gear - should I change the stats. Robot right now has me using the Flex THelm over Warforge helm so I have 2pc right now, what do you guys think?

I have inv_helm_cloth_raidwarlock_n_01.jpgHood of the Horned Nightmare and I also have inv_helm_cloth_raidmage_n_01.jpgHood of Swirling Senses

Do I go for the 2pc Destro bonus or do I go with the better warforged item? I know 2pc is crappy compare to 4pc but for time being. my goal is to get T Shoulder, Chest, and Legs - I got hands and use the Warforged Helm as Mr. Robot says its BIS for me (only counting normal) 

Stats - 4.6 Mastery, 4.5 Crit - and I put Haste to .01 so I would get all mastery/crit gear - should I change the stats. Robot right now has me using the Flex THelm over Warforge helm so I have 2pc right now, what do you guys think?

If youre destro only, I would use WF Helm, until you can throw together a 4 piece.  The secondary stats are better, and theres about 300 more intellect on it as well.  2 piece is amazing for Affliction, but not so much destro.  Destro shines with the 4pc.  If you go Affi as off-spec...use both.  Tier for affi, and WF for destro.