FORUMS
Vlad

Overwatch Winston

Guest nomoiman

Hello I noticed a video on youtube ''Overwatch School : How To Play With WINSTON (Overwatch Beginner Guide) (Tips)'' by Oversplash. He gives a guide on how to play Winston and he copies everything from your guide. And I mean word for word, I can actually tell by the way he is talking that he is reading it straight off. 

Now I don't wanna cause any trouble, I'm just pointing it out in case. Maybe he is working with you or have asked you if he could use it.

Anyway here is the link: 

Peace

11 minutes ago, Guest nomoiman said:

Hello I noticed a video on youtube ''Overwatch School : How To Play With WINSTON (Overwatch Beginner Guide) (Tips)'' by Oversplash. He gives a guide on how to play Winston and he copies everything from your guide. And I mean word for word, I can actually tell by the way he is talking that he is reading it straight off. 

Now I don't wanna cause any trouble, I'm just pointing it out in case. Maybe he is working with you or have asked you if he could use it.

Anyway here is the link: 

Peace

Thanks a lot! I filed a complaint on Youtube. If it's successful, I'll have his other videos taken down.

just one point, i feel primal rage is undervalued. guide says it doesn't do much damage but you can literally stun lock any hero with it, if you use the arm sweep attack and bounce them against a wall, you can continuously juggle them there until they die, its almost impossible to escape (except maybe reaper and mei). so by rage juggling enemies you are guaranteed a kill and with many of the lower health heroes you can get at least 2-3 kills per rage if you wall juggle.

tldr; guide needs more monkey juggling

Guest nomoiman
On 2016-07-15 at 1:08 PM, demonardvark said:

just one point, i feel primal rage is undervalued. guide says it doesn't do much damage but you can literally stun lock any hero with it, if you use the arm sweep attack and bounce them against a wall, you can continuously juggle them there until they die, its almost impossible to escape (except maybe reaper and mei). so by rage juggling enemies you are guaranteed a kill and with many of the lower health heroes you can get at least 2-3 kills per rage if you wall juggle.

tldr; guide needs more monkey juggling

That's a good point. I play a lot of Winston and I do this often. Although you have to decide what is more valuable for the situation, Primal Rage only lasts for 10 seconds so you don't have time to monkey juggle squishies and at the same time keep a whole enemy team off of an objective. Sometimes it's better to just screw around and grab everyones attention instead of getting a kill you know is guaranteed.

:)

The guide not mentions at all that Winston weapon counters any kind of barrier in the game since it shoot through them.

So Brigitte is heavily countered by Winston not the other way around

On 11/5/2018 at 8:08 PM, Hanz39 said:

The guide not mentions at all that Winston weapon counters any kind of barrier in the game since it shoot through them.

So Brigitte is heavily countered by Winston not the other way around

Tesla cannon may shoot through barriers, but that doesn't mean Winston counters Brig. As with all MT's in the game, he can easily be focused down because of his large model, and Brig stun helps that. Orisa has a chance to stand her ground with the correct timing of her abilities, but Winston doesn't. With this being said, IMO he has a better matchup against Brig than Rein does, but that also depends on how your OT acts. 

Edited by FanOfValeera
  • Like 1