Vlad

Overwatch Winston

7 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Winston guide for Overwatch.

Hello I noticed a video on youtube ''Overwatch School : How To Play With WINSTON (Overwatch Beginner Guide) (Tips)'' by Oversplash. He gives a guide on how to play Winston and he copies everything from your guide. And I mean word for word, I can actually tell by the way he is talking that he is reading it straight off. 

Now I don't wanna cause any trouble, I'm just pointing it out in case. Maybe he is working with you or have asked you if he could use it.

Anyway here is the link: 

Peace

11 minutes ago, Guest nomoiman said:

Hello I noticed a video on youtube ''Overwatch School : How To Play With WINSTON (Overwatch Beginner Guide) (Tips)'' by Oversplash. He gives a guide on how to play Winston and he copies everything from your guide. And I mean word for word, I can actually tell by the way he is talking that he is reading it straight off. 

Now I don't wanna cause any trouble, I'm just pointing it out in case. Maybe he is working with you or have asked you if he could use it.

Anyway here is the link: 

Peace

Thanks a lot! I filed a complaint on Youtube. If it's successful, I'll have his other videos taken down.

just one point, i feel primal rage is undervalued. guide says it doesn't do much damage but you can literally stun lock any hero with it, if you use the arm sweep attack and bounce them against a wall, you can continuously juggle them there until they die, its almost impossible to escape (except maybe reaper and mei). so by rage juggling enemies you are guaranteed a kill and with many of the lower health heroes you can get at least 2-3 kills per rage if you wall juggle.

tldr; guide needs more monkey juggling

On 2016-07-15 at 1:08 PM, demonardvark said:

just one point, i feel primal rage is undervalued. guide says it doesn't do much damage but you can literally stun lock any hero with it, if you use the arm sweep attack and bounce them against a wall, you can continuously juggle them there until they die, its almost impossible to escape (except maybe reaper and mei). so by rage juggling enemies you are guaranteed a kill and with many of the lower health heroes you can get at least 2-3 kills per rage if you wall juggle.

tldr; guide needs more monkey juggling

That's a good point. I play a lot of Winston and I do this often. Although you have to decide what is more valuable for the situation, Primal Rage only lasts for 10 seconds so you don't have time to monkey juggle squishies and at the same time keep a whole enemy team off of an objective. Sometimes it's better to just screw around and grab everyones attention instead of getting a kill you know is guaranteed.

:)

Hey everyone!

We are currently working on re-doing and updating all of our Overwatch guides, with a new format to boot! The guides will be targeted towards all players, with tips being useful for new players and veterans alike, regardless of skill rating.

With this new update, you will also see guides created for the three heroes we currently do not have guides for (Orisa, Ana and Sombra).

For those wondering, I will be taking over the writing of the guides and you should see the first guides and updates being released in the near future.

Thanks for your patience! 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym

We saw the early build secrets for the support heroes yesterday, including Lucio's timestop ult, and today it's time for the tanks and defense heroes to share their dirty laundry! Bastion has had the most ults in the game during development, including a mobile mine that he could trigger, which was apparently one of the worst and most hated ults in the game - so Bastion wasn't exactly popular back then either! It seems defense heroes (other than perhaps Junkrat) are generally the most disliked when used against you, with Mei and Hanzo probably standing at the top of that particular list, so definitely check out the stores about their early versions.
      And then there's the tanks, with D.Va being the most buggy and problematic whenever anything changes in the game and Reinhardt having been a mech piloted by a little girl, which obviously later led to Orisa.
      And in case you missed yesterday's support video, here it is as well:
    • By Starym

Jeff Kaplan talked to IGN about some early builds of the 5 support heroes with the added bonus of footage from those early Overwatch days, sharing stuff like Pharah was initially called Mercy (before she was Rocket Dude and then Rocket Queen), Ana was The Alchemist, Lucio's ult stopped time and more!
    • By Starym

Skins, emotes, S5 start date and Jeff Kaplan admits competitive rewards might have been a mistake.
      The anniversary previews/teases continue as we get to see new skins for Bastion, Pharah, Solider: 76 and Zarya:

And then there's the new voice lines, featuring Winston, Solider: 76 denying paternity, Symmetra setting up the car wash with her turrets and more.
      Placeholder for tweet 865329918258827266 The other news come from the competitive side of the game, as we got the end date for Season 4 as well as the start date for S5 and Jeff Kaplan recently admitted that competitive rewards were a mistake:

Blizzard (source)
      Hey, everyone.
      Season 4 of Competitive Play is coming to an end very soon, so we wanted to lay out a few key dates and important pieces of information regarding the upcoming season roll.
      DATE AND TIMES
      Season 4 will officially end on Sunday, May 28 at 5:00 p.m. PDT (or Monday, May 29 at 00:00 UTC). Season 5 is currently scheduled to launch three days later on Wednesday, May 31 at 5:00 p.m. PDT (or Thursday, June 1 at 00:00 UTC).
      For time zone assistance, and to see when the season will roll in your region, visit thetimezoneconverter.com.
      SEASON 4 REWARDS
      If you completed your placement matches during Season 4, you will eligible to receive a special spray and player icon. These will be unlocked automatically when you log into your account the first time after the season ends. If you are placed within the Top 500 players on your platform (and in your region) at the end of the season, you’ll receive an extra player icon and animated spray on top of the other seasonal rewards.
      Aside from sprays and icons, you’ll also receive a number of Competitive Points based on the maximum skill rating you achieved during the season.
      Here’s the Skill Rating (SR) to Competitive Point (CP) breakdown for Season 4:
      SR 1-1499 (Bronze): 100 CP
      SR 1500-1999 (Silver): 200 CP
      SR 2000-2499 (Gold): 400 CP
      SR 2500-2999 (Platinum): 800 CP
      SR 3000-3499 (Diamond): 1200 CP
      SR 3500-3999 (Master): 2000 CP
      SR 4000-5000 (Grandmaster): 3000 CP
      THANKS FOR PLAYING!
      Thank you for joining us for Season 4 of Competitive Play! Whether you placed in the Top 500 or just completed your placement matches, we’re glad you’re a part of our community and hope to see you in Season 5.
      Until then, be sure to keep your eyes on playoverwatch.com, as well as our Twitter and Facebook pages for all the latest game news!
    • By Starym

The anniversary is heating up as we're getting an all day livestream this Wednesday, May 24th, to celebrate OW becoming a 1 year-old. Starting at 10AM CEST and culminating at 8PM with dev interviews, in-game challenges and prizes!
      Blizzard (source)
      What a year it has been! Since Overwatch launched on May 24, 2016, we’ve met new heroes and traveled to new (sometimes exotic) locations. We played our fair share of Lúcioball and Capture the Rooster, heard Reinhardt retell the terrible tale of Junkestein’s Revenge, and relived Tracer’s first mission during the King’s Row Uprising.
      To celebrate what this year has meant to us, we’ve invited some of our friends from across Europe to join us at the TaKeTV studios in Krefeld, Germany, for a day of fun, games, and prizes!  This livestream celebration will begin May 24th at 10:00 CEST, and the party (can’t stop) won’t stop until approximately 20:00 CEST. 
      English Unit Lost - Stylosa Valkia OneAmongstMany QueenE Kruise Mysca (OW Central) Ryan (OW Central) Hammeh GermanFrenchSpanishRussianItalianPolish Then at 20:00 CEST, we’ll close out the evening with a special anniversary livestream featuring dev interviews, in-game challenges, and even more prizes! So be sure to join us on Twitch as we get ready to fight for the future and jump into our second year of Overwatch...and beyond.
      Until then, what’s your most treasured Overwatch memory from the last year? Let us know in the comments below!
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Holy Paladin PvP guide for Legion.