FORUMS
Damien

Beast Mastery Hunter 7.3

On 3/9/2017 at 2:15 PM, Eyeroll said:

Regarding the BM Opener

You can.

On 3/12/2017 at 5:19 AM, Ammako said:

BM Hunter gear page talks about Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish as if this was the Marksmanship guide. ;p

Good catch! Getting it fixed!

On 3/13/2017 at 0:15 PM, Eyeroll said:

Yeah, that's likely a cut and paste errror.  I recognized to use Bestial Wrath prior to the on use of Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish

Indeed. Will get it fixed :)

22 hours ago, Guest relics and help tips said:

i am doing 450k to 550k dps depends on boss.. i think for my gear and ilvl its low.. My rotation goes like this :

Post a log of your gameplay to the Hunter forum - we can't tell you much from what you're saying since, it's very likely that you don't stick to this rotation perfectly while playing.

22 hours ago, Guest relics and help tips said:

Also today drop for me from order hall chest the trinket Naraxa's spiked tongue(890 ilvl) and if i wear it i am going at 78% mastery but i will lose the trinket Bloodthirsty instict(880 ilvl) that i know its a bis trinket for hunters.. what should i do?

BI is far better, as shown in our BiS page:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pve-dps-gear-legendaries-best-in-slot

Guest Morjoko

First off, thank you for the response guys it is very appreciated.

I'm now very curious about the legendary BiS update. I scoured up and down to find a reasoning on the huge jump between Q'apla's sixth spot and now second spot. The only post I found was in the description for MoC saying that with this Legendary the boots is the best in terms of single target and that the belt is best for AoE. I mostly just want to know the reasoning why this changed as a legendary jumping up that many slots seems odd to me. Especially as the belt could give much less downtime with the additional focus gains the legendary gives.

Also curious as I thought Burning Wish would be the best for AoE situations as it gives a ton of stats and gives you a significant cooldown on trash packs in Mythic+ where as the belt is slightly less useful where you get some time to regenerate focus between trash packs. 

On 3/6/2017 at 1:54 AM, Guest nightmare said:
  • 2-piece set bonus: When you use Bestial Wrath Icon Bestial Wrath, the damage done by your Dire Beast Icon Dire Beast (including its Stomp ability on spawn) is increased by 50% for 15 seconds. This applies to Dire Beasts summoned after casting Bestial Wrath as well. This bonus does not apply to Dire Frenzy Icon Dire Frenzy, making this talent not worth using.
  • 4-piece set bonus: Dire Beast Icon Dire Beast reduces the cooldown of Bestial Wrath Icon Bestial Wrath by an additional 8 seconds.

It's useless for 2 set bonus the single target reccomended  spec and the 4 set bonus only reduces Bestial Wrath... there's nothing attractive using single target spec. I've tested it and lose 50 k with single target spec.. when i switch back to the dire beast spec i gain 50 k dps on single target dps.   I also don't see how Murder of Crows is attractive either, You can only use it maybe 2 or 3 times on a boss fight. At least volley is steady diet of dps. Man i have a lot to learn... 886 ilvl and great on trash ,, horrible on boss dps.MM is even worse I'm lucky to break 300 k with the guides here..... 370 k Dps as MM on single target using dire stable . Back to the drawing board again.

Dire Frenzy affects BW the same way Dire Beast does. But it's a dps loss and not worth taking. It also makes it harder to manage your focus if you mistime it.

On 3/7/2017 at 3:30 AM, Guest Morjoko said:

Hello!

I have started reading this guide a few months ago and have been following it rather closely but I have question that's been bugging me for a bit.

In the guide you mention under Focus that you should never cap Focus, but what I want to know is how to handle situations where that is not possible without deviating from the rotation.

For example, I have the Legendary shoulders and I run DF for ST. When I open with the Opener Rotation I cap focus like crazy just due to the fact that DF frontloads the Focus it generates and the large amount of Focus AotW gives at the same time.

Should I be okay with capping Focus at the start of an encounter? If not how should I weave in a few Cobra Shots to alleviate that? What is the priority of not capping focus compared to the rotation?

Again, Dire Frenzy is a net dps loss, use Dire Beast as it will affect WotC more since you'll have more cobra shot damage. It's fine to use cobra shot to avoid capping focus, use it above 90 focus as often as you need, without wasting a Dire Beast or a Kill Command cd.

On 3/17/2017 at 4:33 AM, Guest relics and help tips said:

hey guys

i have jaws of thunder and 2x pack leader.. is that ok? or should i have 1 furius swipes for aoe and 1 jaws of thunder, 1 pack leader for single target?

also this..

I am at 896 ilvl and using icy-veins guide and warcraft logs for the talents at any nighthold boss.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pve-dps-guide

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/11#class=Hunter&spec=BeastMastery&difficulty=4

i am doing 450k to 550k dps depends on boss.. i think for my gear and ilvl its low.. My rotation goes like this :

dire beast-bestial wrath-KC-Titanstrike and then all the cd cooldowns (wild-crows-racial) as an opener and then what it comes of cd.. i have wrist and boots legendary and 9% haste , 72% mastery.. Any tip to improve my dps?

Also today drop for me from order hall chest the trinket Naraxa's spiked tongue(890 ilvl) and if i wear it i am going at 78% mastery but i will lose the trinket Bloodthirsty instict(880 ilvl) that i know its a bis trinket for hunters.. what should i do?

thanks in advance

BM AoE is ridiculously powerful without relics, adds are mostly inconsequential in NH and not worth losing out on significant single target dps. Unless your primary goal in end-game is to run M+ use the single target relics listed.

880 BTI is your BiS trinket, do not even bother with the other trinket it's a complete and utter downgrade. Look at the BM BiS section for the trinkets, at no stage will it overtake a BTI.

On 3/19/2017 at 4:24 AM, Guest Morjoko said:

First off, thank you for the response guys it is very appreciated.

I'm now very curious about the legendary BiS update. I scoured up and down to find a reasoning on the huge jump between Q'apla's sixth spot and now second spot. The only post I found was in the description for MoC saying that with this Legendary the boots is the best in terms of single target and that the belt is best for AoE. I mostly just want to know the reasoning why this changed as a legendary jumping up that many slots seems odd to me. Especially as the belt could give much less downtime with the additional focus gains the legendary gives.

Also curious as I thought Burning Wish would be the best for AoE situations as it gives a ton of stats and gives you a significant cooldown on trash packs in Mythic+ where as the belt is slightly less useful where you get some time to regenerate focus between trash packs. 

Boots are good with shoulders because it effectively nullifies the need for Killer Cobra allowing you to better manage focus and run Aspect of the Beast. This is a significant ST and AoE boost.

Belt is still good because it allows you significantly more time to use Kill Command in your burst phase, and without it you'll often run into a wall where you're out of focus and have to wait for it to regen to either reset KC with Cobra Shot or use KC on cooldown.

Burning Wish is good for AoE but definitely worth only using on significantly large AoE packs; boots/belt will always be better in any other situation. Especially in M+ you want to use BW as much as possible to speed up the kills, with the legendary shoulders and 4pc the uptime on BW is around 40%+ if not a lot higher with good procs so you'll never really need time to regen focus or wait for BW to come off CD.

What are thoughts from other hunters about an opener macro, single target KC or MoC and Multishot for AOE, then onto AotC/BW, DB/TT, and another set including a Misdirect on one of the tanks?

I'm sure I can code it, but wondering if anyone is using such an opener.   

Just a quick question..

Im not raiding mythic, but only running mythic+ and some HC raids with pugs. Would BM be good solid dps in that environment? The guide here on icy say BM is the best single target dps there is, but is that really true?

Guest Pain

Just wondering these stat weights have not changed and are fine to be used on pawn 2 but on pawn 2 theirs no AP anymore at all what should i do about the AP weight?

I'm kind of new here, been lurking but need some help.   the two legendarys I have are the helm and legs both are healing of some kind, ..  also, two of my 4 set bonus are from LFR.  is it still worth it to take the 4set bonus even if they are LFR peices.   the replacements for two of them are from heroic/ and one from mythic.    just not sure how powerful the 4set is using 860/875 ilvl vs 900+i lvl replacments and only having 2 set bonus.  i know this sounds confusing but im a bit overwelmed on what gear to use.  

On 3/21/2017 at 5:03 AM, Luthixx said:

Dire Frenzy affects BW the same way Dire Beast does. But it's a dps loss and not worth taking. It also makes it harder to manage your focus if you mistime it.

Thanks for helping with all of those Luth :)

On 3/21/2017 at 1:31 PM, Eyeroll said:

What are thoughts from other hunters about an opener macro, single target KC or MoC and Multishot for AOE, then onto AotC/BW, DB/TT, and another set including a Misdirect on one of the tanks?

I'm sure I can code it, but wondering if anyone is using such an opener.   

You can do this, but honestly, I've never been a fan of the one button macros. If you can code it perfectly, definitely go for it, but don't you have to do it on a time-difference kind of thing? In which case doesn't it mess up as soon as you change gear or get a Haste buff?

On 3/22/2017 at 0:14 PM, Ioncannon said:

Just a quick question..

Im not raiding mythic, but only running mythic+ and some HC raids with pugs. Would BM be good solid dps in that environment? The guide here on icy say BM is the best single target dps there is, but is that really true?

Honestly, every Hunter spec has the potential to do incredibly well right now on different fights in NH. MM and BM are generally the go-to in NH, M+ will depend on the affixes you're trying. 

Note that it only says you have the best ST DPS if you have the perfect legendaries, namely the Mantle.

15 hours ago, Guest Pain said:

Just wondering these stat weights have not changed and are fine to be used on pawn 2 but on pawn 2 theirs no AP anymore at all what should i do about the AP weight?

Ignore the AP weight.

1 hour ago, Wigett said:

i know this sounds confusing but im a bit overwelmed on what gear to use.  

Have you tried simming your character using the two sets of gear? This will give you the answer pretty quickly.

18 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Honestly, every Hunter spec has the potential to do incredibly well right now on different fights in NH. MM and BM are generally the go-to in NH, M+ will depend on the affixes you're trying. 

Note that it only says you have the best ST DPS if you have the perfect legendaries, namely the Mantle.

Mantle makes a huge difference.  I'm not nearly as good as the other BM hunter in my guild while being about the same iLvl, but he's got the Mantle and belt, while I have the trinket and generic legs.  But he still is a good 150-200k dps above me on many fights in NH

26 minutes ago, Blainie said:

You can do this, but honestly, I've never been a fan of the one button macros. If you can code it perfectly, definitely go for it, but don't you have to do it on a time-difference kind of thing? In which case doesn't it mess up as soon as you change gear or get a Haste buff?

The offtank in M Botanist was asking me to MD to him while unloading on arcanist, when the rest are on the primary target.  I didn't have time between the mass res and the start of the next fight (30 secs maybe) to put something together.  I'm just talking about openers.  The rest of the rotation is too dependent on managing focus and procs to do much else with macros.

I'm not sure where to go to attempt to sim  i normally just head to the class hall and do a 3 or 4 min run to see my dps, but that seems a bit off from real fights.   do u have a link on a sim site i can go to and enter the gear to see the dps gain/loss? 

thanks in advance for your help.

1 minute ago, Wigett said:

I'm not sure where to go to attempt to sim  i normally just head to the class hall and do a 3 or 4 min run to see my dps, but that seems a bit off from real fights.   do u have a link on a sim site i can go to and enter the gear to see the dps gain/loss? 

do a google search for simulationcraft.  You download the program, install it, and have it import your character settings and then you run the simulation on your character based on current settings.  You can also change your gear by modifying the config, and rerunning the sim.  You can also change the parameters based on the type of fight.  By default, it sims a single target fight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eyeroll said:

do a google search for simulationcraft.  You download the program, install it, and have it import your character settings and then you run the simulation on your character based on current settings.  You can also change your gear by modifying the config, and rerunning the sim.  You can also change the parameters based on the type of fight.  By default, it sims a single target fight.

Thanks. will do that.  

8 hours ago, Wigett said:

I'm kind of new here, been lurking but need some help.   the two legendarys I have are the helm and legs both are healing of some kind, ..  also, two of my 4 set bonus are from LFR.  is it still worth it to take the 4set bonus even if they are LFR peices.   the replacements for two of them are from heroic/ and one from mythic.    just not sure how powerful the 4set is using 860/875 ilvl vs 900+i lvl replacments and only having 2 set bonus.  i know this sounds confusing but im a bit overwelmed on what gear to use.  

4pc > all, it's an absolutely massive dps increase. Ideally you would like to get 4pc with heroic or mythic gear but for BM it's so incredibly important it's worth sacrificing ilvl for.  

On 22/03/2017 at 10:14 PM, Ioncannon said:

Just a quick question..

BM is exceptionally good in M+ even without shoulders. I still have yet to get them and I've never been outdps'ed in a single M+. Taking into consideration ilvl, skill and situational circumstances, BM will theoretically be the strongest for almost every fight if you have shoulders/boots or shoulders/belt. SV is the strongest without any legendary, there's one in my new guild and honestly no one can keep up with him, his dps is mental. It is by far one of the most complex specs in the game though and the two ranged specs are far easier. MM will be better if you can follow the rotation perfectly and have good rng. 

Realistically all three specs are good, just go with the one you enjoy the most and if you're lucky enough to get the best legendaries for it that can make a whole lot of difference. In saying that, BM is the easiest of the specs and will be very versatile and enjoyable in any environment.

About the new artifact traits: If jaws of thunder and pack leader have a value of about 9 ilvl and slithering serpents of 7 iivls, will it not be better to increase this two traits before the new ones?

On 3/23/2017 at 2:24 PM, Eyeroll said:

The offtank in M Botanist was asking me to MD to him while unloading on arcanist, when the rest are on the primary target.  I didn't have time between the mass res and the start of the next fight (30 secs maybe) to put something together.  I'm just talking about openers.  The rest of the rotation is too dependent on managing focus and procs to do much else with macros.

I see - have you got any ideas about writing the macro? I'd be happy to take a look if you've done any work on it already.

On 3/23/2017 at 2:35 PM, Wigett said:

Simcraft is generally the go-to for any kind of simulation work. You can also look up the many guides on how to actually use it. They go over pretty much everything basic for simply simming your character for weights. 

On 3/23/2017 at 2:37 PM, Eyeroll said:

do a google search for simulationcraft. 

Thanks for helping and answering :)