FORUMS
Damien

Beast Mastery Hunter 7.3

37 minutes ago, Guest elbereth said:

First of: Thank you very much to Azor for the amazing guides and Blainie for all the service provided - very much appreciated.

Your thanks should definitely be targeted to Azor, he does a fantastic job around here :)

37 minutes ago, Guest elbereth said:

Concerning BM MT rotation, I am pretty certain it used to say that on 4+ targets it is best to just spam multishot as long as one has the Surge of the Stormgod trait. Has this really changed - on any number of targets? I did not see anything patch note wise that would explain this, but ofc I may have missed something.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this was just a refinement after further testing as opposed to "X was changed, so we need to change". There was a very slight change to auto attack damage of BM, but that's pretty much it. Might be due to some interaction with Beast Cleave, but I doubt it. The rotation is definitely correct though, I trust Azor in that :)

49 minutes ago, Guest elbereth said:

And one remark: The pastebin-link for the WeakAura to track Beast Cleave uptime in "Easy Mode" under 4. Basic Rotation doesnt work anymore.

Will get that reported, thanks!

6 hours ago, Tunn said:

Perhaps it should be noted that Crit weighs over Haste when you have the legendary shoulders.

Is this something that you have taken from your own testing or something that you have found elsewhere?

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

Is this something that you have taken from your own testing or something that you have found elsewhere?

Both from my own testing (simming Crit as 11.27 and haste as 10.76) and from discussions with other players who've experienced the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Tunn said:

Both from my own testing (simming Crit as 11.27 and haste as 10.76) and from discussions with other players who've experienced the same thing.

Can I assume that you are simming Haste > Crit without the shoulders? It is only Crit > Haste when you have the shoulders, correct?

Just need to make sure I am correct in everything before passing info on to Azor! Thanks :)

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Can I assume that you are simming Haste > Crit without the shoulders? It is only Crit > Haste when you have the shoulders, correct?

Just need to make sure I am correct in everything before passing info on to Azor! Thanks :)

Correct! :)

Decided to give One with the pack a full clears worth of testing.

Shoulders + 4piece with 32.12% crit base and One with the pack (t4 talent) yielded 68% Uptime average for Bestial Wrath for full clear H NH on bosses.  Damage Breakdown was 33% Kill Command, 20% Dire Beast (Stomp+Melee), 15% Cobra shot for applicable Single target (Krosus, Augur, etc).

It under performed versus Bestial fury by roughly 8% from last week.

Assuming the tier change makes Dire Frenzy viable it will still need to be focus over time and not penalize Way of the Cobra.  It's just kind of annoying that this level of clunk has made it into the game. You're actually penalized from a gameplay standpoint with every setup in some fashion with the exception of 2-1-1-2. Kind of disappointing. We're going to be in a perpetual limbo with Way of the Cobra, Stomp, and Dire Frenzy(Whenever they fix tier), leaving  2-1-1-2 as the only viable top build for Single Target.

Hopefully we can get some tweets or forum posts regarding this so the Dire Frenzy tier change isn't a complete wash when it goes live.

Edit:

Simcraft has been more than accurate for BM for the most part up until this point.

t4 talents single target - Showing 670k with OOTP, and only 654k with BF.

This is not being modeled accurately and I was unable to put my finger on it. DPS peaks with OOTP are definitely out of line (too high) with simcraft. If you need further verification other than my words and testing you can check the logs and they reflect this as well.

---

As nice as it is to have guides available you probably want to have people that actually play the spec write them, not just a monkey that can press a sim button and then just copy pastes results.

Edited by NocsT
simcraft

17 hours ago, NocsT said:

This is not being modeled accurately and I was unable to put my finger on it. DPS peaks with OOTP are definitely out of line (too high) with simcraft. If you need further verification other than my words and testing you can check the logs and they reflect this as well.

Can you post me links to your logs where you saw the 8% difference? I need something that I can pass on to Azor that he can look at to accompany your commentary. Thanks!

17 hours ago, NocsT said:

As nice as it is to have guides available you probably want to have people that actually play the spec write them, not just a monkey that can press a sim button and then just copy pastes results.

This was just unnecessary, nor does it reflect the work that Azor puts into writing the guides. I appreciate that you might have found an error in the guide, but that is no reason to blanket dismiss all of his work.

Thanks for your comment.

21 hours ago, NocsT said:

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

This was just unnecessary, nor does it reflect the work that Azor puts into writing the guides. I appreciate that you might have found an error in the guide, but that is no reason to blanket dismiss all of his work.

Thanks for your comment.

Azor is one of the best hunters in the game and is being very generous to this community by writing such in depth guides and constantly providing simulations. If you're going to insult him how about you try and achieve the same, consistent results and then redo your own simulations and guides. If you don't like the guide just don't use it. And do you have the logs to back it up? If they're not all 99 and 100% parses I'm going to think you should probably quieten down.

Props to Blainie for dealing with the rudeness of some people so politely.

Guest Friizzcor

Your Easy Mode page says Aspect of the Beast for level 100 talent. Your Builds and Talents page says never take Aspect of the Beast.  ???

15 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Azor is one of the best hunters in the game and is being very generous to this community by writing such in depth guides and constantly providing simulations. If you're going to insult him how about you try and achieve the same, consistent results and then redo your own simulations and guides. If you don't like the guide just don't use it. And do you have the logs to back it up? If they're not all 99 and 100% parses I'm going to think you should probably quieten down.

Props to Blainie for dealing with the rudeness of some people so politely.

Copying and editing a template != effort.  You seem to be rather oblivious as simulations are inaccurate which was the entire point of the comment.  If you cared to check my post history you'll find I ridiculed his survival guide awhile back and he responded with arrogance and butt-hurt. Funny thing was when I checked back the next day almost everything was changed ;). But when you don't know or play a spec and only regurgitate what simulation craft provides you can't really expect much else.

If you define 4/10 (skipping Spellblade LOL) as one of the 'best' then not sure what to tell you, as your standards are obviously very low.

It's pretty easy to parse 99%+ especially if you are playing your character with the most optimized spec available.  Ph9z5fm.png

This is my final post on these forums, as it's more or less turned into EJ 2.0 at the end of the BC days with the amount of misinformation provided.  Blainie you put an incredible amount of time into communication, it's unfortunate that the guides don't match that effort.

Good luck.

36 minutes ago, NocsT said:

Copying and editing a template != effort.  You seem to be rather oblivious as simulations are inaccurate which was the entire point of the comment.  If you cared to check my post history you'll find I ridiculed his survival guide awhile back and he responded with arrogance and butt-hurt. Funny thing was when I checked back the next day almost everything was changed ;). But when you don't know or play a spec and only regurgitate what simulation craft provides you can't really expect much else.

If you define 4/10 (skipping Spellblade LOL) as one of the 'best' then not sure what to tell you, as your standards are obviously very low.

It's pretty easy to parse 99%+ especially if you are playing your character with the most optimized spec available.  Ph9z5fm.png

This is my final post on these forums, as it's more or less turned into EJ 2.0 at the end of the BC days with the amount of misinformation provided.  Blainie you put an incredible amount of time into communication, it's unfortunate that the guides don't match that effort.

Good luck.

To be fair you might've had good points. He can't be all that bad if despite the criticism he was willing to change it. Given how different SV and MM are in regards to playstyles and stat priorities you could probably understand that he doesn't play SV and just tries to give the most accurate sims for everyone. If you think his are so bad, would you care to run the hunter guide?

And 4/10 may not be the highest but the mythic progress of a guild doesn't determine a single player's abilities. I like how you claim it's easy to parse 99%+ but yet you have no links to your logs and just photos of "your" best parses. Sounds like you have something to hide to me...

On 2/2/2017 at 6:18 AM, Luthixx said:

If you don't like the guide just don't use it.

I definitely appreciate you helping to defend our guides Luthixx - I just wanted to say to anyone reading, if you do have an issue with the guide, please do come forward and let me know. 

If there is something that might be wrong, it's more important (to me at least) that we make 100% certain that it is updated/checked than letting it slide. 

11 hours ago, NocsT said:

Copying and editing a template != effort.  You seem to be rather oblivious as simulations are inaccurate which was the entire point of the comment.  If you cared to check my post history you'll find I ridiculed his survival guide awhile back and he responded with arrogance and butt-hurt.

I'm sorry if that was the case, I might have not seen the comments myself or perhaps it was prior to my focus on the forums (could be either, so - sorry!). Do you by any chance have the logs that you referenced in your first post? I'd still like to be able to pass on your feedback if possible. 

This might not be the case with all of our writers, but it's worth keeping in mind that many of them have taken slightly more relaxed raid schedules (outside of top 10) to ensure that they can provide timely updates to the guide. Things do get slightly more difficult to maintain if they're stuck raiding 24/7 at the start of a new patch (when everyone needs guide updates!). I do personally think that Azor is great at what he does, it's just unfortunate that there could be a letdown here with the tools used to create the guides. For the most part, the tools do very well and, combined with some in-game testing, they do create solid guides. When there is an error, I always make sure to relay that to the writer as soon as possible so that we can get it fixed.

I'm sorry to hear that this is the case. It's always sad for me to see people leave our forums, especially if it is something I could have stopped. Regardless, I wish you the best of luck and hopefully I'll still see you on our forums in the future. 

Thanks for your comment! :)

11 hours ago, Guest Friizzcor said:

Your Easy Mode page says Aspect of the Beast for level 100 talent. Your Builds and Talents page says never take Aspect of the Beast.  ???

The Easy Mode page and rest of the guide are completely separate. I believe it is listed in EM as the go-to because it is passive and requires no additional changes to use the talent.

On 1/31/2017 at 4:38 PM, Tunn said:

Correct! :)

OK, so, I've asked and got the following response:

It's basically likely that this is a personal case rather than a general rule of thumb. Try to sim with different shoulders that aren't the legendary but use different stats from your current ones. It's possible that this is just a general weight jump.

February 6th Hotfixes

Originally posted by Blizzard (View Original)Collapse

Classes

• Hunter
    • With the Dire Frenzy talent, the Eagletalon Battlegear Beast Mastery 2-piece bonus should now grant your pet 10% increased damage for 15 seconds. This will not be reflected in the tooltip until Patch 7.2.

4 hours ago, Motaro said:

February 6th Hotfixes

Thanks for the heads up, I'm sure that Azor is working to make any adjustment necessary already :)

Guest Xeren

I want to ask you about Apex Predator legend ring.

Which pet spec is better? and why? and finally its better than prydaz on dps or prydaz 3 stats are better than apex 2 and his ability?

4 hours ago, Guest Xeren said:

Which pet spec is better? and why?

This is already answered in the guide:

The Apex Predator's Claw Icon The Apex Predator's Claw is a Legendary ring that causes your pet to gain the passive abilities of all the three pet talent specializations, Cunning, Ferocity, and Tenacity, and also deal 5% additional damage. Noteworthy abilities that a Ferocity pet will receive include Boar's Speed Icon Boar's Speed which increases your pet's movement speed by 30%, and Great Stamina IconGreat Stamina which increases your pet's total health by 60%. If you get this legendary, however, you should use a Tenacity pet as it is very slightly stronger. Remember to turn off Thunderstomp's autocast.

Your second question is also already answered in the guide:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pve-dps-simulations

Guest Xeren
34 minutes ago, Blainie said:

This is already answered in the guide:

But what makes tenacity stronger than ferocity with the ring?

16 minutes ago, Guest Xeren said:

I believe Tenacity pets have more damaging abilities and, if they can have the passives from the other specs, will do a tiny bit more damage.

9 hours ago, Guest Xeren said:

8 hours ago, Blainie said:

I believe Tenacity pets have more damaging abilities and, if they can have the passives from the other specs, will do a tiny bit more damage.

Tenacity pets have the ability Charge, which increases the damage of their next attack by 25% and allows them to rush towards the target. Makes them exceptionally useful at target swapping, and still allows the same effect as the Kill Command charge when it's on cooldown.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Tenacity pets have the ability Charge, which increases the damage of their next attack by 25% and allows them to rush towards the target. Makes them exceptionally useful at target swapping, and still allows the same effect as the Kill Command charge when it's on cooldown.

This is also why you should turn off Thunderstomp - Charge -> Thunderstomp can mean some possible aggro issues I believe.