FORUMS
Damien

Beast Mastery Hunter 7.3

Guest Statweights

I`m BM and currently running with legendary boots and trinket.  http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Kelkazon/simple

I did a sim using Iterations: 10000. Length: 300. Enable scaling/ Toggle char stats. 

Here is the statweights I got: 

Haste    Agi      Mastery    AP         Crit    

16.48    16.07    15.71    15.40    13.47   

Should I trust this? 

13 hours ago, Guest Statweights said:

Should I trust this? 

If that's what's coming from your latest, most updated sim then yes. Make sure you're running 720-01 so that it's properly updated to 7.2

Guest aceperson

keep in mind with the massive thunderslash  nerfs, the sims will most likely change a lot.

• Like 1

Guest Veng

They just kill something that make bm hunter shine for less than a month. :(

10 hours ago, Guest Veng said:

They just kill something that make bm hunter shine for less than a month. :(

Things do change very quickly, but I'm sure BM will still perform well in the future :)

Guest aceperson
4 hours ago, Blainie said:

Things do change very quickly, but I'm sure BM will still perform well in the future :)

any idea if dire frenzy is still the go too or was it just destroyed?

19 hours ago, Guest aceperson said:

any idea if dire frenzy is still the go too or was it just destroyed?

It is.

Guest Chilicheesin

I'm confused about how close Bracers + CoF is to Belt. When I sim myself I sim higher with Shoulders and Bracers + CoF versus Shoulders and Belt.

How close are Bracers + CoF to Belt in the legendary rankings and why would Bracers + CoF sim higher for me than Belt?

Guest Straegen

Quick question and id appreciate a skilled hunters opinion on this, so with new traits reducing the cost of cobra shot to 32 focus, and the cost of kill command being  30 focus (a mere 2 focus difference now)

on my character in particular i can see dps from (kill command) as being 242,450

(cobra shot) being 255,373

so its clear then that cobra shot does more dps (unless my tooltips are wrong) and pretty much has the same focus cost

That being the case why am i even bothering to try and fit kill command into my rotation at all?

thanks in advance

Guest Straegen

As a supplement to above the tier 1 talent 'way of the cobra' further increases the value and dps of cobra shot, so im struggling to understand why i would even want to bother casting kill command on cooldown since cobra shot is better with same focus cost, and if that is the case wouldnt it make the final default tier to be picking 'stampede' since whats the point of resetting kill command, when cobra shot does more dps for same focus cost?

apoligies if ive lost the plot with this reasoning somehow, but with cobra shot costing basically the same as kill command but doing more dps and buffed by talents in tier 1 including the new golden legendery trait, why would i ever want to cast kill command now?

Guest Chilicheesin

Ok Simulationcraft updated and Belt is simming higher than Bracers + CoF now. They are still very close within 2k dps of each other.

I have two questions about the guide

1 - After getting the new traits. 2 KC traits would you really go for "Furious Swipes"?

2 - On the opener sequence:

1. Just before the encounter starts, use your Potion of Prolonged Power Icon Potion of Prolonged Power.
  2. Cast A Murder of Crows Icon A Murder of Crows.
  3. Activate Bestial Wrath Icon Bestial Wrath.

Why using AMoC before BW ? it benefits from bw bonus.

Edited by Kulnazz

On 4/16/2017 at 0:38 AM, Guest Chilicheesin said:

Ok Simulationcraft updated and Belt is simming higher than Bracers + CoF now. They are still very close within 2k dps of each other.

Replying to both comments here. Sims can vary depending on your own setup, gear, etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lHAD0GvEbHtX0EPBbPQXuZpVr71TcS-H4Q1-waOK8Jc/edit#gid=1667549848

This is the spreadsheet that outlines different legendary comparisons.

On 4/15/2017 at 11:24 PM, Guest Straegen said:

That being the case why am i even bothering to try and fit kill command into my rotation at all?

Tooltips tell you the damage that an ability will output based on your current AP value. It doesn't factor in anything else. No talents, traits, legendaries, nothing. 

Take a look at this log from one of the top BM Hunters on Triliax (ST fight):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/b8pfqAJwL36DaNMy#fight=13&type=damage-done&source=16

The damage from Cobra Shot isn't even close to half of what Kill Command does. Never prioritise abilities based on tooltip damage.

On 4/16/2017 at 1:37 AM, Kulnazz said:

1 - After getting the new traits. 2 KC traits would you really go for "Furious Swipes"?

New traits > Jaws > KC > FS. That's what the guide says.

On 4/16/2017 at 1:37 AM, Kulnazz said:

Asking Azor.

Guest Gonger

I just got the Apex Predator's Claw, and I already have Roar of the 7 lions + Kil'Jaeden's equipped. When i swap out kil'jaeden's for the ring, my item level stays the same (895) and my replacement ring/trinket when i swap the two out are the same item level. MrRobot has me simming at around 8-10k less dps with the ring equipped vs the trinket, but the legendary tier list says I should be doing more with the ring as opposed to the trinket. Am i missing something?

On 4/16/2017 at 7:24 AM, Guest Straegen said:

Quick question and id appreciate a skilled hunters opinion on this, so with new traits reducing the cost of cobra shot to 32 focus, and the cost of kill command being  30 focus (a mere 2 focus difference now)

on my character in particular i can see dps from (kill command) as being 242,450

(cobra shot) being 255,373

so its clear then that cobra shot does more dps (unless my tooltips are wrong) and pretty much has the same focus cost

thanks in advance

In addition to what Blainie said, Kill Command triggers either two or four attacks. You'll have your main pet's damage, Hati's damage, and the chance of Jaws of Thunder proccing for both your pets, which hits for 50% of the damage of your original Kill Command. It's also further increased based on mastery; the tooltip is adjusted based on your agility but not mastery. If you have 100% mastery, Kill Command will hit twice as hard as the tooltip suggests for example.

In addition, as a mythic raider, the highest Cobra Shot I get while using Dire Frenzy usually ends up around 900k on a good fight; my highest Kill Command however is usually around 1.7 million. If I'm lucky and have Jaws proc while I have every single buff up, it will easily total anywhere between 2.5 and 4 million for all four attacks. 

On 4/16/2017 at 7:35 AM, Guest Straegen said:

As a supplement to above the tier 1 talent 'way of the cobra' further increases the value and dps of cobra shot, so im struggling to understand why i would even want to bother casting kill command on cooldown since cobra shot is better with same focus cost, and if that is the case wouldnt it make the final default tier to be picking 'stampede' since whats the point of resetting kill command, when cobra shot does more dps for same focus cost?

apoligies if ive lost the plot with this reasoning somehow, but with cobra shot costing basically the same as kill command but doing more dps and buffed by talents in tier 1 including the new golden legendery trait, why would i ever want to cast kill command now?

Refer to my above comment; you'll really want to prioritise kill command more a little bit more now I'm guessing :P

On 4/16/2017 at 9:37 AM, Kulnazz said:

I have two questions about the guide

2 - On the opener sequence:

1. Just before the encounter starts, use your Potion of Prolonged Power Icon Potion of Prolonged Power.
  2. Cast A Murder of Crows Icon A Murder of Crows.
  3. Activate Bestial Wrath Icon Bestial Wrath.

Damage over time effects now increase/decrease based on your buffs during the dot rather than when you cast it. So basically if you cast AMoC and then 5 seconds later cast BW, you'd get 10 seconds worth of that BW damage applied to your AMoC dot.

The reason you use AMoC before BW in your opener is because you want to have as much focus starting BW off and have as much time on it to fit kill command and cobra shot in. If you're wasting 30 focus and a global cooldown on AMoC instead of a KC, you're missing out on potential damage. 

Especially in the opener where you have the full duration of BW and Aspect, you're pretty much spamming Cobra shot and Kill Command backwards and forwards, and if you have lust you're not running out of focus at all during this time so the idea is to fit as many Kill Commands in as possible. It's the difference between one tick on AMoC not having the extra damage from BW, or one Kill Command not having the damage bonus.

Also, to answer your question on furious swipes over any of the other talents, I guess it really is your own preference. In a generic cookie cutter advancement not relying on any legendaries etc, you would want to go furious swipes as that's an additional 10% beast cleave damage, which is quite a lot and a lot of fights in NH, and M+ have to an extent some level of cleave that's quite important. 

If however you're like me, and have the legendary bracers, you might want to go wilderness expert to get the extra second on Aspect if it's the difference between generating enough focus to getting an extra kill command in during BW or not, or if during lust it's an additional attack or two from your pet via Thunderslash. Unleash the beast is also a viable alternative if you're working on a progression boss that's single target; if you're working on Mythic Krosus as opposes to Mythic Spellblade, you'd want the additional 2% damage from BW as opposed to the beast cleave damage. Realistically after you've gotten the new traits, as well as Jaws & Pack, the rest is up to you to put in in the order you need to prioritise for your dps. 

The guide is here as exactly that, a guide, it's not gospel that you need to follow word for word, do what you think is best for your current dps needs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Damage over time effects now increase/decrease based on your buffs during the dot rather than when you cast it. So basically if you cast AMoC and then 5 seconds later cast BW, you'd get 10 seconds worth of that BW damage applied to your AMoC dot.

Was just coming to say this! You beat me to it though, thanks Luthixx!

Just confirming it, it's due to BW buffing everything regardless of when it is cast. 

19 hours ago, Kulnazz said:

Thank you Luthixx

Emphasis on this part :p

Guest Straegen

Just a 'belated' thanks for taking the time to reply to my post and yup i hadnt been factoring in many things it seemed including haiti benefiting from kill command, ive 3 legenderies, boots, trinket and shoulders, ive settled with the boots and shoulders as i feel theres a natural symetary between the 2, almost laughably i aquired 2 trinkets with spending 10k shards one procced at 910 the other procced at 900, the 'laughable part' being there both versatility, still ive decided ill use them anyway, this is my finshed hunter set up atm gear wise and stats which seems to be working well, with solid dps http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Stràgen/simple

Thanks Again :)

6 hours ago, Guest Straegen said:

ive settled with the boots and shoulders as i feel theres a natural symetary between the 

On ST, I'd agree. For AoE, I'd take the trinket over the boots.

Guest Straegen

I had the same thinking aswell, so set up a 'aoe' spec and a singlle target, which i just do a 1 button press and switch to, the 910 versatilty trinket is only 700 agility behind kiljaedens though, even though this is a late alt ill main it going forward my lognterm main shadow priest feels a very broken class atm, and there having a  laugh up with whats been done to its aoe but thats another story lol, life just feel easier and quicker on my hunter.

Still with the incoming nerf to mantle of command, in 7.2.5 it may be a case alot of us with it decide to no longer use it anyway, in which case ill switch to trinket and boots, unless the rng gods bless me with the belt :), in any even ive appropriate rings and necks at the ready for when or if the shoulders ever have to go lol

I do prefer the crit build playstyle and i take on board Azors recent sims to scrap one with the pack use dire frenzy instead, but with the nerf to thunderslash the crit build and his build are very close again in terms of dps much closer than before the nerf to thunderslash, bendak from the site 'eyeofthebeast' confirms as much aswell. He also did an excellent write up on the crit build whilst utilising the shoulders for any other hunters that manage to get them before there nerfed an informative read viewable via-

http://eyesofthebeast.com/2017/03/the-mantle-of-command-unlocking-the-4th-hunter-spec/

Guest Ishana

I have a pretty interesting situation with my gear and sims at the moment. I'm using the latest 720-02 version of simcraft.
Here is my character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Ishana/simple

I used to have the Zealous Timestone PendantZealous Timestone Pendantat ilvl 900 and the sims resulted in these stat weights:
Haste: 25,49
Agi: 21,20
Mastery: 20,66

So I switch all my gems and enchants to haste and it worked out pretty wel in game.

Now i got Hatecoil Commander's AmuletHatecoil Commander's Amulet at ilvl 890 and it resulted in these stat weights:
Agi: 21,15
Mastery: 20,54
Haste 17,08

So I redid my gems and enchants back to mastery, but pawn is now telling me my old neck is now better with the new stat weights...

So is there some haste softcap that i'm hitting? making this big change in my simmed stat weights?

Any ideas?

13 hours ago, Guest Ishana said:

I have a pretty interesting situation with my gear and sims at the moment. I'm using the latest 720-02 version of simcraft.
Here is my character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Ishana/simple

I used to have the Zealous Timestone PendantZealous Timestone Pendantat ilvl 900 and the sims resulted in these stat weights:
Haste: 25,49
Agi: 21,20
Mastery: 20,66

So I switch all my gems and enchants to haste and it worked out pretty wel in game.

Now i got Hatecoil Commander's AmuletHatecoil Commander's Amulet at ilvl 890 and it resulted in these stat weights:
Agi: 21,15
Mastery: 20,54
Haste 17,08

So I redid my gems and enchants back to mastery, but pawn is now telling me my old neck is now better with the new stat weights...

So is there some haste softcap that i'm hitting? making this big change in my simmed stat weights?

Any ideas?

Pretty much describes simming in a nutshell; even one item drastically changes the stat weights you receive.

But in terms of haste cap, it's around 18% for a comfortable uptime of 3 stacks of DF during lust, anything more than that is a bit of a waste really and could go towards some crit and mastery; in your case definitely both.