FORUMS
Damien

Marksmanship Hunter 7.3

Guest mal

Did You change pwn string? Yesterday it was nomalised to agi=1 master =1.32 etc. now it's ( Pawn: v1: "Azor-Marksmanship": CritRating=6.92, Agility=10.52, HasteRating=6.7, MasteryRating=8.97, Versatility=6.12, Dps=30.66, RangedDps=30.66

agi> mastery. What happend?

scenario: Marking Targets procs and Barrage comes off cooldown at the same time. assuming enough focus to Barrage, do you use Sidewinders to eat up the proc and Barrage then Marked Shot? or do you Barrage first then Sidewinders and proceed with the regular priority?

thanks

Edited by timoseewho

@Azortharion sorry to repeat myself but just looking for clarification. Question regarding windburst. On the priority list its currently third but with the stipulation that vulnerable isn't on the target. If you get a lucky streak of marking procs and the vulnerable debuff stays on the target for awhile I feel like I am rarely casting windburst. Is this correct?

On 9/8/2016 at 11:44 AM, Bonesy said:

@Azortharion sorry to repeat myself but just looking for clarification. Question regarding windburst. On the priority list its currently third but with the stipulation that vulnerable isn't on the target. If you get a lucky streak of marking procs and the vulnerable debuff stays on the target for awhile I feel like I am rarely casting windburst. Is this correct?

I wanted to simplify the windburst condition and played around with it based on intuition from using it in game. What I noticed was that the requirement of using it to extend vulnerable doesn't exactly give you any benefit. If you're going through SW/MS cycles properly, the limiting factor is not vulnerable uptime, it's focus, so needing to extend it with windburst isn't needed. I came up with this, which sims identical to the default apl's 3 lines of windburst.

actions+=/windburst,if=active_enemies<2&((debuff.hunters_mark.remains>cast_time&focus+cast_regen-15>=30)|(debuff.hunters_mark.down&cooldown.sidewinders.charges_fractional<=1.6))

You don't worry about marking targets or vulnerable uptime. All it says is to use windburst:

when hunters mark is up and you will have time and focus after the cast to cast marked shot if need be

or

when hunters mark is down and you are safe to not cap SW

Simplifies to using it on cooldown as long as you don't lose marked shots or cap sidewinders, and obviously following the barrage>sidewinders priority.

Edited by Thejazz

Guest Angharadh

Hello,

Regarding the recommendation to aim for the Bullseye "golden" talent--was that arrived at before Blizzard reduced its effect from up to 90% critical strike to 30% maximum (+1% crit for up to 6 seconds stacking x30)?

Could anyone please clarify the effect of the "legacy of the windrunners" ability, do the wind arrows do a lot of damage, and do they get any benefits from the Vulnerable debuff?

Thank you!!

That nerf was introduced weeks before release on the beta, and it is accounted for in the recommendation as such. The tooltips were just late to update, which is why a lot of people seem to think it's a new nerf.

Legacy of the Windrunners is roughly a 6-7% damage increase on a single-target, which makes it pretty damn good. Just not as good. :)

Guest Metz
8 minutes ago, Azortharion said:

confirm

This is a really noob question but is not worth it to equip an item who increases you main stat (agility) by 60 if you lose 500 mastery and 200 haste right ? When will be worth it to lose your #2 and #3 stats with a big numbers if that increase your agility ? Should I calculate them with the new pawn strings ?

Guest XaVIon-BLackmoore

Hey Azor and other Hunters,

I feel kinda stupid to ask, but do others feel that the MM has lost a lot of dmg during the last 2-3 days? The first Myth runs I did, i was on average at 240-260k DPS single target. No i feel like I cant even get close to 240k... is it just me? Or has the hunter been nerfed in a way? 
I for sure think that it is odd!!! 

Best Regards

XaVion

Guest Zerrith

Why was the stat priority Agi>Master>Crit>Haste>Vers yesterday and now it's back to what it was before?

Guest Dwazx

I had just recently gotten a MWF Jeweled Signet of Melandrus which increases autoattack damage by 10% and I was wondering how that bonus stacks up for MM considering that my heroic rings with mastery have more value according to pawn than the 845 ring.

Guest Skull

Is there a difference between the three-toed mastery trinket and others like it such as an'shes and forest creepers guile if they have the same ilvl and itemization?

Guest Zerrith

@Azortharion  Why was the stat priority Agi>Master>Crit>Haste>Vers a little bit ago and now it's back to what it was before?

with the Marked for Death trait, does the priority become getting the Marked Shot off right after the Sidewinders to squeeze in some Aimed Shots?

Edited by timoseewho

3 hours ago, Azortharion said:

Marked for Death is built into Vulnerable, its tooltip is simply misleading. Therefore the answer is no.

oh? i figured that was why your opening rotation changed to Sidewinders->MS->AiS instead of Sidewinders->AiS->MS->AiS->etc if i recall correctly

I know this prolly sounds like a dumb question but its pretty basic. I know marked shot applies vulnerable. My question is; lets say you messed up and let vulnerable fall off before casting marked shot. Then should you reapply vulnerable say with windburst or sidewinders before you marked shot? Or does the marked shot alone apply the vulnerable ahead of the damage from the shot, so that if vulnerable is down you still get the bonus from the vulnerable applied by marked shot? I know you should maintain vulnerable uptime but sometimes mistakes happen. Just curious. By the way, thank you for all the guides and answering questions Azo. I have followed you since i changed to MM in WoD. My hunter lives by your guides. lol

@Azortharion Hey, I was taking a look at your sims for different trinkets, is it assumed all trinks are 850 or 840 (unless stated 850)? Here's my problem; I have the following 4 trinkets

Naraxes Spiked Tongue (ilvl 840) - 898 Mastery, venom does 193.8k max range 20y

Six Feather Fan (ilvl 835) - 1073 Agi, 6 bolts dealing 50.2k each

Chrono Shard (no set) (ilvl 845) - 1177 Agi, procs for 5020 haste

Three-Toed Haste (ilvl 850) - 1233 Agi, 932 Haste

Of those 4 which 2 do you recommend I use? I'm assuming I use the Six Feather and the Narax, but I could certainly be wrong.