FORUMS
Damien

Marksmanship Hunter 7.3

I am wondering the rotation, if you do not choose Sidewinders. I find in some of the dungeons, you can pull a group in tight spaces. I have tried a few diff rotations, but was wondering if you had any recommendations.

if you have Marking Targets proc as well as Barrage off cooldown, do you use up the MT proc first then Barrage or the other way around? also, what about if MT procs right after you get a Windburst off?

thanks

Guest Banana

is 

Piercing Shot

affected by mastery? since piercing shot alone does 500k damage i think then the mastery plus some crit strike would be could 1hitting mobs :D

I would find it very useful if the stat priority section could include recommendations on how much of each stat we should be aiming for

Guest Tar

How good is the Jeweled Signet of Merandus ring for mm.  It's the ring that increases auto attack damage by 10% but it does not have any mastery.

On 9/15/2016 at 2:19 PM, Azortharion said:

There is no such (meaningful) number.

Ok you are an idiot and should not be aloud to post here anymore. Anyways, yes there are meaningful levels of haste to attain due to soft haste caps. The only real dps boost is simple, fit 3 aimed shots into a vulnerable window. Global cooldown is somewhere beetween .75 and 1.5 seconds mine being roughly 1 second exactly at 15% haste. My aimed shots cast at 1.75 seconds which would be 5.25 + 1 = 6.25 so i cannot effectively hit 3 aimed shots into a vulnerable without outside haste buffs. I would say the soft cap is around 17-18% haste with no buffs. This is not exact or calculated just find out for yourself if you can fit 3 aimed shots into a vulnerable. The next cap would be fitting 2 aimed shots and 2 aimed shot procs into 1 vulnerable. happy calculating

Edited by Ziggers

14 minutes ago, Ziggers said:

Ok you are an idiot and should not be aloud to post here anymore. Anyways, yes there are meaningful levels of haste to attain due to soft haste caps. The only real dps boost is simple, fit 3 aimed shots into a vulnerable window. Global cooldown is somewhere beetween .75 and 1.5 seconds mine being roughly 1 second exactly at 15% haste.

You obviously don't understand how haste works if you think you have a 1s GCD with 15% haste, or you have a poor sense of time.  To get a 1s GCD, you need 50% haste. Proof: 1.5s / (1+ X (where X is your haste %) = 1s -> 1.5 = 1 * (1+X) -> 1.5 = 1 + X -> 0.5 = X, or X = 50%.  At 15% haste, your GCD is roughly 1.3s.  

My aimed shots cast at 1.75 seconds which would be 5.25 + 1 = 6.25 so i cannot effectively hit 3 aimed shots into a vulnerable without outside haste buffs.

Where is this extra 1 coming from?  Waiting around?  I already proved you wrong about your haste/GCD, so of its supposedly from some instant cast then it's wrong.  

I would say the soft cap is around 17-18% haste with no buffs. This is not exact or calculated just find out for yourself if you can fit 3 aimed shots into a vulnerable.

So you have no real (correct, even) math or proof of your supposed haste soft cap?  Just you saying that "oh, this much is a good amount"?  If you want to challenge a guide at this level, you need concrete evidence (sims, at the very least) to back you up.  Be lucky that ts me replying to this and not Azor, he'd rip you a new one for this kind of post.

thanks for the personal attack on a constructive post, anyways yes using a 1.3 second global cooldown plus 3 x 1.75 second aimed shot casts equals 6.55. Sidewinder > global cooldown > aimed shot > aimed shot > aimed shot, I dont need to do math, do it yourself, you are obviously good at it.

Edited by Ziggers

59 minutes ago, Ziggers said:

Ok you are an idiot and should not be aloud to post here anymore.

3 minutes ago, Ziggers said:

thanks for the personal attack on a constructive post

The guy asked a question and you just shot him down with nothing constructive, you are the worst kind of person trying to turn this on me. Im done talking to you though i came here to be constructive and maybe even find those soft haste caps but it seems the high ranking posters are ignorant internet trolls, onto the next site

Edited by Ziggers

On 9/15/2016 at 0:49 AM, timoseewho said:

if you have Marking Targets proc as well as Barrage off cooldown, do you use up the MT proc first then Barrage or the other way around? also, what about if MT procs right after you get a Windburst off?

thanks

barrage is a higher priority than setting up a new vulnerable window, but if you are already in a vulnerable window marked shots and aimed shots take priority

On 9/15/2016 at 8:05 AM, Guest Banana said:

is 

Piercing Shot

affected by mastery? since piercing shot alone does 500k damage i think then the mastery plus some crit strike would be could 1hitting mobs :D

It is, mastery effects all focus costing abilities but i do not suggest using it because sidewinders is also in that row

34 minutes ago, Ziggers said:

thanks for the personal attack on a constructive post, anyways yes using a 1.3 second global cooldown plus 3 x 1.75 second aimed shot casts equals 6.55. Sidewinder > global cooldown > aimed shot > aimed shot > aimed shot, I dont need to do math, do it yourself, you are obviously good at it.

Sidewinders doesn't apply Vulnerable until it hits the target, which, if you're at any decent range, is most of the way through the GCD it incurs.  Second, you shouldn't use 3x Aimed Shot in a row in the first place.  You'd use 1 or 2, then Marked Shot to extend the Vulnerable debuff, then another 1 or 2 depending on how much focus you had to begin with and with how patient you are in spacing out your Aimed Shots.  And finally, I shouldn't have to do your math.  It's your point you're trying to prove, not mine.

42 minutes ago, Orthios said:

Sidewinders doesn't apply Vulnerable until it hits the target, which, if you're at any decent range, is most of the way through the GCD it incurs.  Second, you shouldn't use 3x Aimed Shot in a row in the first place.  You'd use 1 or 2, then Marked Shot to extend the Vulnerable debuff, then another 1 or 2 depending on how much focus you had to begin with and with how patient you are in spacing out your Aimed Shots.  And finally, I shouldn't have to do your math.  It's your point you're trying to prove, not mine.

correct me if I am wrong but there are windows where marking target is not up barrage is down and windburst must be used, you have enough focus regeneration to get back to 150 focus after using windburst by your third cast of aimed shot. I'm not proving anything mathematically, if you dont want to take my advice dont, as simple as that.

edit: sidewinder applies vulnerable on cast scrub

edit2: with steady focus, assuming I reach max focus before the first aimed shot cast, I can cast 2 aimed shots then marked shot and fit 2 more aimed shots into vulnerable before it expires, something you cannot do with lone wolf. I dont know if this is a dps increase or not

Edited by Ziggers

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house, or however the saying goes. When insulting people left and right, it also helps to like, know what you're talking about.

1) You don't want to cast triple Aimed, you'd need an outrageous amount of Haste to do it in the first place, and you're forgetting that you also want Marked Shot to hit the target within the Vulnerable window, and Marked Shot is only affected if the target has the damage buff by the time the projectile lands. Marked Shot travels at 40 yards per second, so even at a relatively low range you'd still need that 0.5s buffer.

2) A 1.3 second global cooldown (15% haste) does not achieve this:

Sidewinders, Vulnerable begins > Global cooldown > 4.7s left of Vulnerable > Aimed Shot (1.74s) > 2.96 left > Aimed Shot (1.74s) > 1.22 seconds left. Not enough. Not even close, and certainly not close to getting a Marked Shot in.

3) A 1.1 second global cooldown (36% haste) would barely even do it:

Sidewinders, Vulnerable begins > global cooldown > 4.9s left of Vulnerable > Aimed Shot (1.47s) > 3.33 seconds left of Vulnerable > Aimed Shot (1.47s) > 1.86s left of Vulnerable > Aimed Shot (1.47s) > 0.39 seconds (15.6 yard range) needed to get Marked Shot to hit the target before Vulnerable expires assuming no lag at all.

There are no Haste breakpoints you can conceivably reach, certainly none worth going for.

I am talking specifically about the application of vulnerable from windburst, Also what do you think about steady aim being able to fit 4 aimed shots into a vulnerable window

3 hours ago, Ziggers said:

The guy asked a question and you just shot him down with nothing constructive, you are the worst kind of person trying to turn this on me. Im done talking to you though i came here to be constructive and maybe even find those soft haste caps but it seems the high ranking posters are ignorant internet trolls, onto the next site

Just wanted to step in here and say a few things. I won't take long, nor will I continue to contribute since I do not want to clog up Azor's guide thread.

As far as I can see, there has been nothing wrong with the conduct of our moderator Orthios or our writer Azortharion. There was no personal attack on you. If you continue to write your posts in such a way that they essentially just childishly call people names, I'll be placing a restriction on the posts of your account and will review/edit your comments to remove anything of the sort.

This thread is not for you to call people names. Your posts concerning the guide are valid, the insults are not.

Thanks.

I'm curious as to why, in the simulations, the Three-Toed Haste trinket is below the crit and versatility versions, but haste has a higher stat priority. Seems a little inconsistent to me.

13 hours ago, se7enday said:

what is the priority of black arrow?

I'd put it just above Aimed Shot in the priority. And, like AS, don't cast it if your target's vulnerable debuff is close to expiring, and you still need to cast Marked Shot.

I like to think of Black Arrow as replacing one Aimed Shot in my rotation (but it's okay to cast it if Vulnerable is not up on the target).