FORUMS
Damien

Assassination Rogue 7.3

18 minutes ago, Falx said:

Any thought about the upcoming changes?

Do you think Assa will become more viable?

Initial Sims are showing everything to be viable at the moment. I made a discussion thread about the patch notes on the main forums if you'd like to come have a chat about it

Generic comment being mass posted over the comments threads guys.

We are aware of the changes and our writers are working hard to update the guides to suit what has changed. Currently, there is a lot of work still to be done and it's unlikely that every guide will be up-to-date immediately. Expect a flood of updates over the coming days that will answer all of your questions about what is now best after X change, in time for the reset next week.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

• Like 1

Guest cjbrehh

this guide doesnt even have legion info in the rotation part. it doesnt mention the artifact ability, and talks about gorefiend and draenic potions. 

Am i drunk or is there an hard fail in the Opening Sequence? oO

4.4. Opening Sequence

Always start the pull from Stealth Icon Stealth.

1. Use Draenic Agility Potion Icon Draenic Agility Potion.
  2. Apply Garrote Icon Garrote.
  3. Cast Mutilate Icon Mutilate.
  4. Apply Rupture Icon Rupture.
  5. Activate Vendetta Icon Vendetta on the primary target.
  6. Use any racials, such as Arcane Torrent Icon Arcane Torrent.
  7. Activate Vanish Icon Vanish and apply Rupture Icon Rupture.
  8. Cast Exsanguinate Icon Exsanguinate.

this is what's the guide says.

at first i miss Kingsbane...but that's not what i meant...

if I do the opener exactly like that...with which combo points should i cast that second rupture? oO

31 minutes ago, Xazzle said:

Am i drunk or is there an hard fail in the Opening Sequence? oO

4.4. Opening Sequence

Always start the pull from Stealth Icon Stealth.

1. Use Draenic Agility Potion Icon Draenic Agility Potion.
  2. Apply Garrote Icon Garrote.
  3. Cast Mutilate Icon Mutilate.
  4. Apply Rupture Icon Rupture.
  5. Activate Vendetta Icon Vendetta on the primary target.
  6. Use any racials, such as Arcane Torrent Icon Arcane Torrent.
  7. Activate Vanish Icon Vanish and apply Rupture Icon Rupture.
  8. Cast Exsanguinate Icon Exsanguinate.

this is what's the guide says.

at first i miss Kingsbane...but that's not what i meant...

if I do the opener exactly like that...with which combo points should i cast that second rupture? oO

Well I can't speak for whether or not you're drunk, but yes there is. I let the people responsible for updating the guides know a while ago, hopefully it will be fixed soon

10 hours ago, Guest cjbrehh said:

this guide doesnt even have legion info in the rotation part. it doesnt mention the artifact ability, and talks about gorefiend and draenic potions. 

Yep, I like the people responsible for updating the guide know about it some time ago. Hopefully it will be updated soon

Thx Carrn for the quick response...to be honest i was way too confused...I wasn't for 100% sure if there is a mistake in the guide or if I did something wrong the whole time^^

Edited by Xazzle

1 hour ago, Xazzle said:

Thx Carrn for the quick response...to be honest i was way too confused...I wasn't for 100% sure if there is a mistake in the guide or if I did something wrong the whole time^^

The writers have been notified with a few updates, I imagine it will be fixed in the updates for the balance patch. 

Guest Sanguis
On 26/09/2016 at 1:06 PM, Blainie said:

The writers have been notified with a few updates, I imagine it will be fixed in the updates for the balance patch. 

Ideal opener should be -  Stealth > garrote > rupture > mutilate mutilate > 5cp vanish > rupture > Vendetta > Kingsbane> exsa 

4 hours ago, Guest Sanguis said:

Ideal opener should be -  Stealth > garrote > rupture > mutilate mutilate > 5cp vanish > rupture > Vendetta > Kingsbane> exsa 

Thanks, I've left Furty a note so hopefully it will get updated for you guys in the near future! :)

Guest Hotfix

With the new hotfix about assasination rogue, isn't better to take Poison Master in first talent ? the poison damage as been increased by 30% moreover, with all the buff provides by  the artefact talent on Poison, Crit>Mastery ins't more available now ?

21 hours ago, Guest Hotfix said:

With the new hotfix about assasination rogue, isn't better to take Poison Master in first talent ? the poison damage as been increased by 30% moreover, with all the buff provides by  the artefact talent on Poison, Crit>Mastery ins't more available now ?

In short? No.

Elaborate planning is still better.

Mastery > Crit > Vers is your stats once you get to raid gear level, and Agonising Poison as your Tier 6 talent

• Like 1

On 01.10.2016 at 3:00 AM, Carrn said:

In short? No.

Elaborate planning is still better.

Mastery > Crit > Vers is your stats once you get to raid gear level, and Agonising Poison as your Tier 6 talent

Is elaborate planning difficult to use? Should i try to use mutitate-evenom just to maximize it`s uptime? I tried it once over hemo and got significant dps drop, obviously i did something wrong, but if i would not be able to learn to use it properly is master poisoner that bad?

Also, can you advice please, at what percent of mastery bonus it`s beneficial to switch into Agonizing?

10 minutes ago, MrOger said:

Is elaborate planning difficult to use? Should i try to use mutitate-evenom just to maximize it`s uptime? I tried it once over hemo and got significant dps drop, obviously i did something wrong, but if i would not be able to learn to use it properly is master poisoner that bad?

Also, can you advice please, at what percent of mastery bonus it`s beneficial to switch into Agonizing?

Afaik there is no defined point. Stats are very fluid - if you're low on Vers but have high Crit and Mastery, you'll notice an increase sooner than later. If you have a lot more Vers and  Crit than Mastery, you'll see Exsang stay stronger for longer. From what I've seen, most people seem to be switching around 110% or so, but again it varies quite a bit.

As far as EP is concerned, you probably need to focus on pooling resources more - when you build to 5-6CP, pool Energy, so when you use a Finisher you have enough Energy to get damage out in the short window afterwards.

Currently i have 10484 crit, 7042 vers and 634 mastery (0 haste). Will it be a good idea to "pool" mastery gear (not wear it until i get a good bunch of it)?

Edited by MrOger
edit

12 minutes ago, MrOger said:

Currently i have 10484 crit, 7042 vers and 634 mastery (0 haste). Will it be a good idea to "pool" mastery gear (not wear it until i get a good bunch of it)?

Item level (Agility) is still worth more than any secondary stat, so no that's not really worth it.

You'll passively gain a lot more Mastery as you start getting more gear, because it takes less Mastery to make 1% than it does Vers.

Since you have such a discrepancy, it might actually be worth trying out Hemo in your Tier 1, since it will help your Bleeds more; with such a low Mastery rating, you might see more benefit than the poison option, but I'm not sure how it will compete with EP

Guest brx
On 29/09/2016 at 9:47 AM, Guest Sanguis said:

Not even close. This is so wrong I don't even know where to begin with.

There you have it:

I want to ask about kingsbane - is it a good idea to shot an envenom before using it (probably giving 1-2 mutilates after exsanguinate and then envenom-kingsbane) and try to keep evenom buff (mutilate-envenom-pool while buff ticks - mutilate-envenom-etc) as long as possible before the need to pool cp for rapture renew?

16 hours ago, MrOger said:

I want to ask about kingsbane - is it a good idea to shot an envenom before using it (probably giving 1-2 mutilates after exsanguinate and then envenom-kingsbane) and try to keep evenom buff (mutilate-envenom-pool while buff ticks - mutilate-envenom-etc) as long as possible before the need to pool cp for rapture renew?

Tagging @Carrn @lipsinch, hopefully one of them can help.

16 hours ago, MrOger said:

I think the ideal use of it is to have nearly max Energy and 6CP. Envenom > Kingsbane > Mut to 6CP > Envenom

That really doesn't matter though, it can be a Rupture before you use Kingsbane too. This is mostly due to being able to snapshot the Elaborate Planning buff (I think this will work; I haven't tested it yet but it works with Rupture so I assume it does). Then you get off as many Envenoms as possible while the Poison is running, to maximise the number of Lethal Poison applications applied and ensure higher damage

13 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Tagging @Carrn @lipsinch, hopefully one of them can help.

Was literally in the middle of typing my comment when you tagged me :P

• Like 1

Guest Jaredius

At this point in Legion, all legendary pieces are excellent for all outgoing damage, single target and aoe. 895 is BiS period.