FORUMS
Damien

Assassination Rogue 7.3

23 hours ago, Blainie said:

I think the guide (or portions of it) is a bit outdated, it still says the best enchants are versatility for the rings and mark of the claw for the neck. I guess they need to be mastery enchants everywhere ( Mark of the Trained Soldier on the neck)

On 10/2/2016 at 10:02 PM, Guest brx said:

I am not sure I agree with it. I'd open with garrote > envenom to apply the debuff to improve applications of AP. The issue with the opener having AP is that it takes a bit to get to 5 stacks and that's a huge dps loss considering that each stack is about 10% damage increase (considering the traits also) .

1 hour ago, Falx said:

I am not sure I agree with it. I'd open with garrote > envenom to apply the debuff to improve applications of AP. The issue with the opener having AP is that it takes a bit to get to 5 stacks and that's a huge dps loss considering that each stack is about 10% damage increase (considering the traits also) .

Yeah I would agree with this. 

It's on my list of things to test, I haven't confirmed whether or not it actually snapshots the EP buff or not

Guest StrikeNinja
On 18.7.2016 at 3:28 PM, Damien said:

This thread is for comments about our Assassination Rogue guide for Legion.

what about the trait for the poison bomb? is the dmg bonus not good enough to take master poisoner..?

especially with the surge of toxins trait.

Guest Kraze

If your changing what you suggest, may I suggest updating the entire article, instead of just stat weight and talents.  Perhaps Rotation needs adjusted too? lol, thanks for your work.

Guest murano

Odd question, but the rotation guide tells you to use exsanguinate and hemmorrage but the talent section tells you not to take these talents. So which is correct?

9 hours ago, Guest StrikeNinja said:

what about the trait for the poison bomb? is the dmg bonus not good enough to take master poisoner..?

especially with the surge of toxins trait.

No, the bonus damage from Elaborate Planning will outweigh all of that

7 hours ago, Guest Kraze said:

If your changing what you suggest, may I suggest updating the entire article, instead of just stat weight and talents.  Perhaps Rotation needs adjusted too? lol, thanks for your work.

57 minutes ago, Guest murano said:

Odd question, but the rotation guide tells you to use exsanguinate and hemmorrage but the talent section tells you not to take these talents. So which is correct?

Tagging @Blainie for changes

Yay macros!

OK. I'm pretty macro-heavy when I play.

Here's what I use:

Interrupts and subterfuge:
#showtooltip
/cast [stance:1/3, mod:shift] Pick Pocket; [stance:1/3] sap; [modifier:shift] Gouge; Kick

Spammer for CP (Push for two CP's, hold Shift for one, and to keep Hemorrhage buff up, and Alt to reapply Garrote):
#showtooltip [mod:shift] Hemorrhage; [mod:alt] Garrote; Mutilate
/cast Marked for Death
/cast [mod:shift] Hemorrhage; [mod:alt] Garrote; Mutilate
/startattack
/use [stance:0] 13
/use [stance:0] 14

Finisher:
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Rupture; [mod:alt] Kidney Shot; Envenom
/cast Vendetta

Ranged/AoE:
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Rupture; [mod:alt] Kidney Shot; Envenom

Defense:
#showtooltip
/cast Evasion
/cast Cloak of Shadows
/cast Feint

Stealth opener:
#showtooltip [mod:shift] Cheap Shot; Garrote
/cast Marked for Death
/cast Vendetta
/cast Shadowstep
/cast [mod:shift] Cheap Shot; Garrote

Pretty much, the normal presses use the normally used abilities, the "shift" ones use the ones that are less commonly spammed, and the spammers also use the "nearly always use this cooldown on CD" CD's.

If 'ya wanna get a little more micromanagement, you can put [nomod] in front of things like Marked for Death and Vendetta, so if you're holding Alt then it'll selectively not use those abilities.

Edited by Sylencer
  • Like 1

Guest Benga

Hey guys i was stacking versatility/crit and used Vendetta>garrote>hemorrhage>Mutilate till 6cp>Vanish>Rupture>Exsanguinate>Kingsbane as a opener. now i'm going for the mastery/EP/AP build and use Garrote>Envenom>Vendetta>Kingsbane>Mutilate>Arcane Torrent>Mutilate>6cp Vanish>Rupture. tell me if i'm wrong pls.

12 hours ago, Guest murano said:

I believe every reference to them is prefaced by "if you have taken this talent". Are you seeing ones that are not?

19 hours ago, Guest Kraze said:

Rotation page has been updated twice in the past 3 days, what are you seeing that still needs to be updated?

15 minutes ago, Guest Benga said:

Hey guys i was stacking versatility/crit and used Vendetta>garrote>hemorrhage>Mutilate till 6cp>Vanish>Rupture>Exsanguinate>Kingsbane as a opener. now i'm going for the mastery/EP/AP build and use Garrote>Envenom>Vendetta>Kingsbane>Mutilate>Arcane Torrent>Mutilate>6cp Vanish>Rupture. tell me if i'm wrong pls.

The opening sequence has been updated in the guide, so you can check your rotation against that.

Guest sweatythighs

major dps loss with new opener and agonizing poison could it be i have only 81 percent mastery or what i was doing 300+ easy in mythics now im barely doing around 250

How do Zoldyck Family Training Shackles work with Agonizing Poisons? Does it affect Ago Pois somehow?

1 hour ago, GordopRog said:

For the first set of Talents. Is Elaborate planning best? I use hemorrhage and my DPS seems quite high.

EP is a little harder to use correctly but yes

5 hours ago, Guest sweatythighs said:

major dps loss with new opener and agonizing poison could it be i have only 81 percent mastery or what i was doing 300+ easy in mythics now im barely doing around 250

With only 81% you're probably going to see better results with Exsang build

8 minutes ago, Falx said:

How do Zoldyck Family Training Shackles work with Agonizing Poisons? Does it affect Ago Pois somehow?

I have no idea, honestly. 

I wish I had a legendary T.T

Guest JPax

I've been doing some checking on Agonizing poison.  It must suffer from diminishing returns.

Right now I'm at 120% mastery, I have 3 talents in Master Alchemist which improves agonizing poison by 3% and 3 talents in poison knives, which improves agonizing poison by 6%.

The base value of Agonizing poison per stack is 3.5% increased damage taken.

I SHOULD be getting 3.5 x 2.2 x 1.03 x 1.06 = 8.4068% increased damage per stack. Instead I have 6.8% damage per stack.

Basic Deadly Poison scales with attack power so is harder for me to compare as to whether it gets DR from our stats. But I have a feeling that it doesn't suffer from DR, as it's a linear improvement when I compare it against one piece of gear at a time from naked to fully geared.

Incidentally this means that if you're running deadly poison over agonizing poison, you should definitely take Master Poisoner instead of Elaborate planning.

I just saw the opener, I personally use this:

Garrote (from stealth) > Envenom (blood elf racial) > Mutilate > Vendetta > Mutilate (to 6CP) > Vanish > Rupture.

In this way I get to apply the vanish/rupture with 5 stacks of Agonazing Poisons AND if I get to crit with 1 mutilate after the 1st Envenom  I even apply the vanish/rupture wth EP up.

The opener in the guide applies the big rupture with 2-3 stacks of Agon Pois.

What do you think about it?

@Guest JPax I am pretty sure that 6.8 dmg does not consider the artiact traits. 

Edited by Falx

7 hours ago, Falx said:

I think it's probably about the same. You get a little more Energy regen and damage instead of an extra stack or two of Agonizing. 

The difference is likely completely negligible 

Guest brx
11 hours ago, Falx said:

I just saw the opener, I personally use this:

Garrote (from stealth) > Envenom (blood elf racial) > Mutilate > Vendetta > Mutilate (to 6CP) > Vanish > Rupture.

In this way I get to apply the vanish/rupture with 5 stacks of Agonazing Poisons AND if I get to crit with 1 mutilate after the 1st Envenom  I even apply the vanish/rupture wth EP up.

I think the opener in the guide is meant for exsang builds.

But doesn't Agonazing Poisons damage bonus is applied live like EP's though? meaning it would be better to apply a 130% duration vanished-rupture instead od foinf envenom first if it is the case.

6 hours ago, Guest brx said:

I think the opener in the guide is meant for exsang builds.

But doesn't Agonazing Poisons damage bonus is applied live like EP's though? meaning it would be better to apply a 130% duration vanished-rupture instead od foinf envenom first if it is the case.

Personally I've had best results using the opener in the guide, with or without Exsang, but since this is still a fairly recent hotfix there's still a little experimentation going on ;)