FORUMS
Damien

Assassination Rogue 7.3

20 hours ago, Guest Bleedrogue said:

Is there a certain threshold of when agonizing overtakes exsanguinate?  I've run tests on training dummy and my exsanguinate build is doing more dmg than my agonizing poison build even at 100% mastery.

Short answer is no.

I see most people change around 110-115% but that's not a hard number

On 03.10.2016 at 7:01 AM, Guest brx said:

Guys. Hello there. I feel like opening should be updated. I am sure that we should : vendeta vanish 5cp rapture only after 5 Ap stacks is on target.  Warcraftlogs tells that (at least top rank rogues is doing nice in mif EN with that opener) . i hope smb will do calculation about this.

Edited by iHavedream

You have to adjust the relic part.

Having 3 Vendetta relic increases your dps by a huge amount as it allows you to align it with vanish (2x vendetta 1x vanish) but only if you have 3 vendetta relics or if u have 1 or 2 and the legendary feet.

In terms of ilvl, 3 vendetta relics performs much better than rupture relics 30ilvl higher (EACH).

Hi Guys, I just read in the patch-notes for 7.1:

The cast time for all Assassination poisons has been reduced to 1.5 seconds (was 3 seconds).  (source: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/24996-patch-71-patch-notes/)

Is this already enough to switch poisons infight when your energy is depleted anyway?

So in fight, i mean if you have your stacks up and 12 sec running on agonizing poison switch to deadly poison and witch 3 to 4 sec left switching back? Has anybody tested if this could work?

Guest Dae
On 10/25/2016 at 8:21 AM, feiz said:

Hi Guys, I just read in the patch-notes for 7.1:

The cast time for all Assassination poisons has been reduced to 1.5 seconds (was 3 seconds).  (source: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/24996-patch-71-patch-notes/)

Is this already enough to switch poisons infight when your energy is depleted anyway?

So in fight, i mean if you have your stacks up and 12 sec running on agonizing poison switch to deadly poison and witch 3 to 4 sec left switching back? Has anybody tested if this could work?

Switching from one poison to another removes the debuff from anything you've hit.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2016 at 7:20 PM, Guest Xytas said:

This Guide is shit when you are level 110. And assa is a lot better than Outlaw. Yes the logs are better. But why i had an Rogue with 380k dps+ in raid HC at even most of the bosses?

The guide you have linked agrees with our priorities, talent builds.. I'm not sure how our guide can be shit if you're saying the guide that is so much better is in agreement with us?

Anyway, simply quoting someone's DPS is ridiculous. I did 600K DPS in a raid. That statement is true, but does it tell you anything about the fight? Which fight? What item level? What setup? What spec? What artifact level? What were other people pulling? How fast was the kill?

Show us a log of what you're talking about. Anyway, thanks for your comment. 

On 10/21/2016 at 4:29 PM, Falx said:

You have to adjust the relic part.

Having 3 Vendetta relic increases your dps by a huge amount as it allows you to align it with vanish (2x vendetta 1x vanish) but only if you have 3 vendetta relics or if u have 1 or 2 and the legendary feet.

In terms of ilvl, 3 vendetta relics performs much better than rupture relics 30ilvl higher (EACH).

Will tag @Carrn, perhaps he can help/shed some light on this for me to refer to Furty.

On 10/25/2016 at 1:21 PM, feiz said:

Looks like Dae has beaten me to it, but yes, this won't work due to poisons falling off after re-application of another poison. As soon as you hit the mob and your (for example) Wound Poison applies, it will remove and replace Deadly Poison on the boss.

13 hours ago, Blainie said:

Will tag @Carrn, perhaps he can help/shed some light on this for me to refer to Furty.

If you have all 3 Vendetta relics then they're quite strong, because it brings the cd down to 1 minute. I don't think they're worth more than the Rupture damage / crit chance ones unless you have all 3 though.

That said I don't have any idea how the Legendary Boots (cd reduction on Vendetta based on Energy spent) fit into it, I would imagine that it's something that can be simmed though

16 hours ago, Carrn said:

If you have all 3 Vendetta relics then they're quite strong, because it brings the cd down to 1 minute. I don't think they're worth more than the Rupture damage / crit chance ones unless you have all 3 though.

That said I don't have any idea how the Legendary Boots (cd reduction on Vendetta based on Energy spent) fit into it, I would imagine that it's something that can be simmed though

Passed it on, thanks for confirming!

Guest anoncurious

The BiS trinket sections needs to be updated to include the kara trinkets from moreos and the last boss.

I need to know which one of them is better.

Guest duffmek

literally just got legendary assa daggers and used the poison build for general purpose on here .. yet i was useing exsan before legion was properly here so now i am seeing dungeon guides with exsan specced in when the guide has a big fat X on it .. /confused do i go back to exsan or keep with the general purpose build for now?

On 3/10/2016 at 5:01 AM, Guest brx said:

Hi, im new on this forum. I have a question about relics, i have 3 relics 880 (mythic raid) that up my artifact to 906 and i drop 3 vendetta relics but the ilvl of artifac down to 886, what do you think about? Its better vendetta relics and low artifsct ilvl or high artifact ilvl?. I have legen feet

Me http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/character/dun-modr/Srecark/simple

Thanks all for help!!!?

Edited by Srecark

Hi, I have a question about improving the uptime of Elaborate Planning. Envenom's damage per CP doesn't scale with the amount of combo points. Using two 3 CP envenoms is as good as using one 6 CP envenom. If you're specced into agonizing poison, the extra duration also doesn't matter, assuming you are already at 5 stacks. I'm also assuming this is against a single target.

So my idea is to basically use envenom at CP count lower than 5 to ensure a higher uptime of Elaborate Planning (and Surge of Toxins as well). Can anyone confirm or deny that this is the optimal way to play?

Edited by Zataron

20 hours ago, Zataron said:

Hi, I have a question about improving the uptime of Elaborate Planning. Envenom's damage per CP doesn't scale with the amount of combo points. Using two 3 CP envenoms is as good as using one 6 CP envenom. If you're specced into agonizing poison, the extra duration also doesn't matter, assuming you are already at 5 stacks. I'm also assuming this is against a single target.

So my idea is to basically use envenom at CP count lower than 5 to ensure a higher uptime of Elaborate Planning (and Surge of Toxins as well). Can anyone confirm or deny that this is the optimal way to play?

Keeping higher uptime on EP will result in better DPS. Also, more envenoms = more Bag of Tricks :] 

On 11/2/2016 at 1:51 AM, Guest duffmek said:

literally just got legendary assa daggers and used the poison build for general purpose on here .. yet i was useing exsan before legion was properly here so now i am seeing dungeon guides with exsan specced in when the guide has a big fat X on it .. /confused do i go back to exsan or keep with the general purpose build for now?

This guide here is for raid (bosses) mainly. In dungeons, especially in mythic+ you want to have good aoe dmg, and agonizing poison is not good for that. So firstly you have to use deadly for aoe. Secondly, if you have low mastery and high crit/versa, that's another reason to use exang build. So in short: agonizing is the best dps on bosses if you have the mastery for it, but if not, then probably exang build is the way to go. What you see on the first page, "extremely weak aoe", is only true if you have agonizing poison on your daggers - but you can combine both worlds and have agonizing talent, use deadly poison on trash for aoe (the only thing you will miss here is exang on trash for some extra energy regen), then change to agonizing poison on bosses. If you don't mind this hassle for a few % extra dps on dungeon bosses. But the main point here is you have to have 100%+ mastery for even considering agonizing (from mythic raid gear levels).

Guest Zob

Hey all

Ive decided to opt for rupture crit/rupture dmg increase relics over the vendetta cd ones but after the opener and you're a fair bit into the fight, would it be beneficial to hold off using 2nd vendetta for vanish to come of CD so i can get a 6cp vanish rupture off during that 2nd vendetta or just vendetta on cooldown and then do 2nd vanish rupture later without the vendetta buff?

Thanks in advance :)

Why does the section on our artifact ability say there's no trick to it? Using deadly poison over AP makes the cooldown more viable, and casting it right before or after Envenom greatly increases the damage it does. I just feel like those new to the spec would appreciate that information.

Edit: Also the artifact trait that causes finishers to increase the damage of poisons interacts with it, so there's even more synergy with all of these abilities.

Edited by SoundBox97

Guest SqueezeBox

Im currently having 41% crit and 104% mastery as an assassination rogue. Should I go with Master Poisoner or Elaborate Planning? It's difficult for me to find out. Also; would anyone suggest to raise Mastery a bit more instead of Crit? I read on alot of forums 40% crit + is required for nearly any combination/build.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Guest SqueezeBox said:

Im currently having 41% crit and 104% mastery as an assassination rogue. Should I go with Master Poisoner or Elaborate Planning? It's difficult for me to find out. Also; would anyone suggest to raise Mastery a bit more instead of Crit? I read on alot of forums 40% crit + is required for nearly any combination/build.

Thanks!

Can you hook me up with the actual stat numbers instead of percentages?

On 11/10/2016 at 0:39 PM, SoundBox97 said:

Why does the section on our artifact ability say there's no trick to it? Using deadly poison over AP makes the cooldown more viable, and casting it right before or after Envenom greatly increases the damage it does. I just feel like those new to the spec would appreciate that information.

Edit: Also the artifact trait that causes finishers to increase the damage of poisons interacts with it, so there's even more synergy with all of these abilities.

Because it doesn't change the usage of the ability, so I wouldn't describe that as a "trick" or a subtlety of the specialization.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2016 at 11:59 AM, Guest Zob said:

Hey all

Ive decided to opt for rupture crit/rupture dmg increase relics over the vendetta cd ones but after the opener and you're a fair bit into the fight, would it be beneficial to hold off using 2nd vendetta for vanish to come of CD so i can get a 6cp vanish rupture off during that 2nd vendetta or just vendetta on cooldown and then do 2nd vanish rupture later without the vendetta buff?

Thanks in advance :)

Don't wait for the Vanish. I personally use the second Vanish with the next available Exsang which (usually) does not overlap with Vendetta. Timings are different depending on your relics though.

On 11/5/2016 at 11:56 AM, Guest Stenbocken said:

Hey, what trinkets should i use?

Eye of Command

Unstable Arcanocrystal (865 with socket)

or the ones i have equipped as you see at my armory?

Thanks in advance!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Stenbocken/simple

Bit late, but, all you need to do is use SimulationCraft on your character. You can change trinkets fairly easily in the text and it will show you DPS values for every trinket that you need.

On 11-11-2016 at 11:14 PM, Furty said:

Can you hook me up with the actual stat numbers instead of percentages?

Unbuffed:

Agi: 25.095
Critical Strike: 9.029
Mastery: 6284

Also; I'm running Agonizing Poison- or would Exsanguinate with Deadly Poison be better? (I would be very surprised, on dummies AP outperforms Exs + DP by alot)

The reason I'm asking is, I'm doing about 290-320k dps on a single target fight (lets say first boss HC EN) but it feels low. I've seen rogues putting out about 60-100k more. With 100k being they have the legendary bracers.. but 100k.. rly?

Thanks in advance!