Enhancement Shaman DPS Stat Priority — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Enhancement Shaman. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.7.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Enhancement Shaman stat priority.
General Stat Priority
The general stat priority for a Enhancement Shaman is:
- Mastery* / Haste*;
- Critical Strike.
Agility directly increases the damage of all of your abilities by contributing to your attack power, and is the strongest stat after weapon DPS.
Regardless of build, you will generally be aiming to get as much Haste and Mastery as possible. Each of the build paths however prefers to stack one over the other:
- Haste is generally a good all round stat due to the cooldown reduction it provides in the rotation and additional resource generation. Physical builds prefer to stack this as its main stat to increase the number of chances to trigger Deeply Rooted Elements.
- Mastery is the ideal stat for Elementalist builds as it focuses more on Magic damage we deal, but is still very strong for Physical with especially high value in AoE situations.
Critical Strike is generally avoided by a lot of builds. While Flurry may make it look more appealing, the uptime is high enough that it has no meaningful impact.
Versatility simply has lower bonuses per point than other options, so is usually avoided if possible unless you need the additional defensive benefit.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic in our dedicated page.
Breakpoints & Ratios
The only notable secondary stat breakpoint Enhancement is expected to encounter in Dragonflight involves our mastery stat. At roughly 83.3% increased fire, frost, and nature damage, assuming Storm's Wrath is talented, your Windfury Weapon will have a 100% proc rate inside Doom Winds windows, and thus additional mastery no longer increase the strength of the cooldown. This however does not have a significant enough impact to change gearing strategies.
As always, we recommend you sim your own character on Raidbots when possible, due to the stats present on your other gear pieces often having a big impact on what you should equip.
Getting a Better Understanding of Enhancement Shaman Stats
Agility provides you with Attack Power, which increases the damage of your melee attacks and abilities.
Critical Strike increases the chance for your attacks and abilities to critically strike, dealing double damage. It also increases the chance to trigger the Flurry effect from abilities.
Haste increases the speed of your melee autoattacks. This increases the frequency of your Windfury Weapon procs (and by extension Stormbringer chances), and your Maelstrom Weapon stack generation. Haste also decreases the your Global Cooldown to a minimum of 0.75 seconds, and primarily reduces the cooldown of your Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Ice Strike, Crash Lightning, Frost Shock, Flame Shock and Fire Nova abilities.
Mastery, through Mastery: Enhanced Elements, increases all Fire, Frost, and Nature damage you deal alongside increasing your chance to proc Stormbringer and Windfury Weapon. This bonus chance to trigger Stormbringer and Windfury Weapon can be increased by 150% via the Storm's Wrath talent, and your Stormbringer procs can be empowered to cause your next Stormstrike to deal 25% additional damage as Nature damage via the Stormblast talent which also benefits from Mastery.
Versatility increases all damage and healing you do, and reduces all damage taken.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Shaman Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Patch 10.0.7 Launch Meme Roundup
- An Overview of New Character Titles in Patch 10.1
- Blind Eye Options Available for All Races in Patch 10.1
- Vicious War Snail Mount in Patch 10.1
- Item Level of Rewards from Mythic+ and the Great Vault in Dragonflight Season 2
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Dragonflight 10.0.7 Class Tuning: March 28th + Retribution Nerfs March 24th