Enhancement Shaman DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Enhancement Shaman. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Enhancement Shaman DPS stat priority.
Stat Priorities for Enhancement Shaman
While stat priorities can sometimes shift depending on your build or, more importantly what Corruption effects you may have active in 8.3, the following is a solid base to work with:
- Critical Strike = Versatility;
Note that Critical Strike and Versatility will often outperform Mastery in pure single target situations. However, Mastery gains significant value in any content that has additional targets (which is very common in BfA). Due to this, focusing on Haste then getting a mix of the other stats in a balance will often work out best.
Breakpoints & Ratios
Now that Battle for Azeroth is in full swing, Enhancement has followed a number of other classes in no longer finding Primary stats as desirable as they were at the start. Secondaries due to the synergy they have with each other now outscale Agility and are usually the decider on item choices. There are still, however, no strict ratios or breakpoints on gear to aim for. Ideally to decide on specific gear you should generate your own stat weight plot within SimulationCraft. This is due to the stats currently present on your gear potentially having a big impact on what is the ideal choice.
Getting a Better Understanding of Enhancement Shaman Stats
Agility provides you with Attack Power, which increases the damage of your melee attacks and abilities.
Critical Strike increases the chance for your attacks and abilities to critically strike, dealing double damage.
Haste increases the speed of your melee autoattacks. This increases the frequency of your Stormbringer and Windfury procs, and generates more Maelstrom due to your Maelstrom Weapon passive. Haste also decreases the your Global Cooldown to a minimum of 0.750 seconds, and reduces the cooldown of your Stormstrike, Rockbiter, Crash Lightning, Overcharge, and Flametongue abilities.
Versatility increases all damage and healing you do, and reduces all damage taken.
- 25 Feb. 2020: No changes necessary as of the February 24 patch.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Removed some excess information regarding different builds, updated for Patch 8.3.
- 14 Jul. 2019: Removed Strength of Earth stats due to dated list, confirmed for consistency with current Season 3 values.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: Reviewed for Crucible release, added small disclaimer regarding weights and simming.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for season 2 to cover different weights depending on specific Azerite builds.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 15 Sep. 2018: Added note regarding Mastery being strong in AoE.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Rextroy One-Shots His Way to 2,5K MMR in Arena with 27x Infinite Stars
- Thousands of Warcraft Players Pay Tribute to Reckful (Video)
- Things to Do Before Shadowlands Goes Live
- New Shadows Rising Prequel Novel Excerpt: Forsaken Leadership, Conflicting Ideas
- Battle for Azeroth Cinematic 4K Wallpapers
- Shadowlands Deep Dive: All 12 Soulbind Talent Trees
- Easy Way to Farm Invincible, Mimiron Head, Tusks, Etc. on Alts
- Female Gnome Customization Options in Shadowlands