Enhancement Shaman DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Enhancement Shaman. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Stat Priorities for Enhancement Shaman
Stat priority will shift to some extent depending on which build you are using. Note that any of these recommendations can and will change depending on your gear, so simming your own character will yield much more accurate results. Use these as a very basic guideline.
Non Azerite Dependent
This build will generally work best with any mix of traits when using the basic talent options:
- Critical Strike = Versatility;
Note that Critical Strike and Versatility will often outperform Mastery in pure single target situations. However, Mastery gains significant value in any content that has additional targets (which is very common in BfA). Due to this, focusing on Haste and Mastery is the general recommendation.
This build assumes you have multiple instances of Primal Primer on your gear and are using appropriate talents:
- Critical Strike = Versatility;
This is caused by the increased value of Mastery via your damage profile shifting heavily into Lava Lash instead.
Breakpoints & Ratios
Now that Battle for Azeroth is in full swing, Enhancement has followed a number of other classes in no longer finding Primary stats as desirable as they were at the start. Secondaries due to the synergy they have with each other now outscale Agility and are usually the decider on item choices. There are still, however, no strict ratios or breakpoints on gear to aim for. Ideally to decide on specific gear you should generate your own stat weight plot within SimulationCraft. This is due to the stats currently present on your gear potentially having a big impact on what is the ideal choice.
Getting a Better Understanding of Enhancement Shaman Stats
Agility provides you with Attack Power, which increases the damage of your melee attacks and abilities.
Critical Strike increases the chance for your attacks and abilities to critically strike, dealing double damage.
Haste increases the speed of your melee autoattacks. This increases the frequency of your Stormbringer and Windfury procs, and generates more Maelstrom due to your Maelstrom Weapon passive. Haste also decreases the your Global Cooldown to a minimum of 0.750 seconds, and reduces the cooldown of your Stormstrike, Rockbiter, Crash Lightning, Overcharge, and Flametongue abilities.
Versatility increases all damage and healing you do, and reduces all damage taken.
- 14 Jul. 2019: Removed Strength of Earth stats due to dated list, confirmed for consistency with current Season 3 values.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: Reviewed for Crucible release, added small disclaimer regarding weights and simming.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for season 2 to cover different weights depending on specific Azerite builds.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 15 Sep. 2018: Added note regarding Mastery being strong in AoE.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Ny'alotha Raid Testing - October 17th and 18th
- Ny'alotha Plate Raid Sets Preview
- N'Zoth Serpent Mount in Patch 8.3
- New Essences in Patch 8.3
- Wrathion's Legendary Cloak Updated on Patch 8.3 PTR
- Allied Races & Pandaren Death Knight Textures Added on 8.3 PTR
- Alpaca Mount Fixed on Patch 8.3 PTR
- Mechagnome & Vulpera Dance Animations
- Assassination Rogue PvP 8.1.5
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Lock Destru bad dps improvement
- Il'gynoth Whispers 8.3 SPOILERS
- Restoration Druid 8.2
- Mission Table - Guide
- Hunter Macro
- Post your Transmog