Enhancement Shaman DPS Stat Priority — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Enhancement Shaman. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.2.5.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Enhancement Shaman stat priority.
General Stat Priority
The general stat priority for a Enhancement Shaman is:
- Critical Strike*.
Agility has once again risen to the strongest stat after the stat squish that has happened in Shadowlands, with Haste winning out on the secondary front, due to the cooldown reduction it provides in your rotation.
Mastery is build dependent, but most of the options we use heavily favour this so is a good second pick. The only note is when using Doom Winds, you want to avoid it at as much as possible as the main focus of the build has no scaling with it.
Critical Strike is also generally avoided by a lot of builds unless you are playing Venthyr, at which point it is roughly even with Haste.
As we are late into the expansion the effects of secondary diminishing returns limits are more likely to kick in as well. After reaching 30% (from rating) of any given stat, you will start to receive a penalty that reduces the gain from more of the same stat over this threshold.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic in our dedicated page.
Breakpoints & Ratios
Enhancement does not run into any hard breakpoints on its own, but will be affected by the secondary stat diminishing returns at higher gear levels. Agility is expected to remain dominant, and Haste to scale well enough to always stay a solid stat, however, due to the extra cooldown reduction and flow improvements it provides. After this, you should be aiming to keep your stats as balanced as possible. As always, we recommend you sim your own character on Raidbots when possible, due to the stats present on your other gear pieces often having a big impact on what you should equip.
Getting a Better Understanding of Enhancement Shaman Stats
Agility provides you with Attack Power, which increases the damage of your melee attacks and abilities.
Critical Strike increases the chance for your attacks and abilities to critically strike, dealing double damage.
Haste increases the speed of your melee autoattacks. This increases the frequency of your Windfury Weapon procs (and by extension Stormbringer chances), and your Maelstrom Weapon stack generation. Haste also decreases the your Global Cooldown to a minimum of 0.75 seconds, and reduces the cooldown of your Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Crash Lightning, and Frost Shock/ Flame Shock abilities, alongside some talent selections.
Versatility increases all damage and healing you do, and reduces all damage taken.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 with notes about Mastery and Crit.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5, added note regarding Frost Shard set.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5; added note regarding Doom Winds and Mastery.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st