FORUMS
Damien

Unholy Death Knight 7.3

Hey Tegu nice guide 

I have a question when i simcraft my char Xardul amory is most of the time not up to date :( i get this  stat weights 

chrit/Haste/Mastery/Vers

But when i change a ring with haste i get more then 6000 (20%)haste the stats change to 

Chrit/Mastery/Haste/Vers

I play with castigator so its looks like there is a Haste cap i am right?

3 hours ago, Xardul said:

Hey Tegu nice guide 

I have a question when i simcraft my char Xardul amory is most of the time not up to date :( i get this  stat weights 

chrit/Haste/Mastery/Vers

But when i change a ring with haste i get more then 6000 (20%)haste the stats change to 

Chrit/Mastery/Haste/Vers

I play with castigator so its looks like there is a Haste cap i am right?

I think you need around 18/19 % haste and then stack crit.

Guest Ghardyne

Hey Tegu great guide but I am a bit confused.

Why do you recommend using Potion of Deadly Grace instead of Potion of Old War ?

Seems a bit odd to recommend the potion casters would use instead of the melee one.

Greetings from Germany

13 hours ago, Guest Ghardyne said:

Hey Tegu great guide but I am a bit confused.

Why do you recommend using Potion of Deadly Grace instead of Potion of Old War ?

Seems a bit odd to recommend the potion casters would use instead of the melee one.

Greetings from Germany

Hey i actually haven't tested them on live  Deadly Grace was best during beta last raid testing, been tanking on live so i didn't get the chance to experiment with pots etc.

Guest SpoonLarry

so im still trying to figure out what the BiS trinkets are and so far from what I have seen flat stats are best. I am ilvl 842 rn and I am managing to pull 260k-340k dps single target, My highest dmg being festering wounds at 22-26% of my damage or about 3-3.6mil. After that my highest dmg is actually coming from my abomination at nearly 3mil, then army of the dead at 2.4mil and shambling horrors at 2mil, then festering strike at 2mil aswell, I am quite supersized with how much of my damage is actually coming from my pets, even gargoyle is hitting near 1mil and its only down for 40sec. I am currently at 28%crit 16% haste and 45% mastery, I am trying to get rid of the mastery I have for more crit. Sims aside crit just offers a much smoother rotation especially for apocalypse and I am able to get 7-8 festering wounds in two festering strikes much more frequently and refuse to use it with less that 7 considering how high the dmg is on my army of the dead, and I can feel the dps drop when I have to use 3 festering strikes, with the legendary wrist you will just have to fallow the same rules you apply to apocalypse which rarely wastes any wounds atm anyways rather than the 3 wound rule with just castigator.   

1 hour ago, Guest SpoonLarry said:

so im still trying to figure out what the BiS trinkets are and so far from what I have seen flat stats are best. I am ilvl 842 rn and I am managing to pull 260k-340k dps single target, My highest dmg being festering wounds at 22-26% of my damage or about 3-3.6mil. After that my highest dmg is actually coming from my abomination at nearly 3mil, then army of the dead at 2.4mil and shambling horrors at 2mil, then festering strike at 2mil aswell, I am quite supersized with how much of my damage is actually coming from my pets, even gargoyle is hitting near 1mil and its only down for 40sec. I am currently at 28%crit 16% haste and 45% mastery, I am trying to get rid of the mastery I have for more crit. Sims aside crit just offers a much smoother rotation especially for apocalypse and I am able to get 7-8 festering wounds in two festering strikes much more frequently and refuse to use it with less that 7 considering how high the dmg is on my army of the dead, and I can feel the dps drop when I have to use 3 festering strikes, with the legendary wrist you will just have to fallow the same rules you apply to apocalypse which rarely wastes any wounds atm anyways rather than the 3 wound rule with just castigator.   

Yeah with bracers you want to SS with more, i heard that they stealth nerfed and lowered the stacks that army puts to 3 ( it was 5 ) no idea what else changed since now i am a main tank for my guild and don't have time to put anything into DPS. Anyway i'm not sure about the trinkets in fact i don't even know where they drop or how they look like because like i said above i don't play dps atm. http://imgur.com/a/PbJsa maybe here you can find w/e you are looking for.

Guest Adam

Hey,

With a Castigator build, what % of haste should you aim for before stacking crit? 

24 minutes ago, Guest Adam said:

Hey,

With a Castigator build, what % of haste should you aim for before stacking crit? 

It looks like, judging by the stat priority, Crit actually is rated higher than/equal to haste. So I assume you would simply push for Crit. I'm sure Tegu can give more insight into this though.

Guest Adam

On 9/10/2016 at 10:12 PM, Tegu said:

Yeah with bracers you want to SS with more, i heard that they stealth nerfed and lowered the stacks that army puts to 3 ( it was 5 ) no idea what else changed since now i am a main tank for my guild and don't have time to put anything into DPS. Anyway i'm not sure about the trinkets in fact i don't even know where they drop or how they look like because like i said above i don't play dps atm. http://imgur.com/a/PbJsa maybe here you can find w/e you are looking for.

Regarding the trinket sims...what ilvl are they?

So out curiosity of I was wondering is mark of the claw still the best enchant for unholy dks? I see Mr Robot suggesting Mark of the Hidden Satyr is there a reason to use one over the other?

6 hours ago, Guest Adam said:

Hey,

Around 18,19 % should be good enough then you go full crit.

3 hours ago, Guest Adam said:

Regarding the trinket sims...what ilvl are they?

I'm not sure actually because i haven't simmed them myself i assume that they are the normal item level aka no wf or tf etc.

1 hour ago, Toha said:

So out curiosity of I was wondering is mark of the claw still the best enchant for unholy dks? I see Mr Robot suggesting Mark of the Hidden Satyr is there a reason to use one over the other?

To be honest i am not sure there's a few options like Mark of the Claw, Mark of the Hidden Satyr and Mark of the Distant army but which is actually the best can't say for sure because i haven't played dps yet this expansion since i have to tank for my guild. If someone has some info regarding the neck enchants feel free to share. Gonna update the guides once i'm done with progression since i'm super busy and even now i'm taking advantange of the fact that the European realms are down for maintenance to take a look and answer some of your questions (i am sorry that i don't have more time for you guys and it takes time till i get back to you)

In regards to the haste percentage if a neck-piece would drop us below the 18/19 percent point for haste but has more crit should we hold off using it until other gear pieces would keep us above the 18/19percent point for haste since it no longer has strength on it? Sorry if this is a really dumb question.

I was wondering what your preference is between Shadow Infusion and Infected Claws while using The Instructor's Fourth Lesson. It seems at a glance the extra festering wounds provides greater performance, but is there any argument to say the reusability of Dark Transformation is still better? I haven't seen the math so just curious. Also I'm really only concerned with performance equivalent to Emerald Nightmare. Thanks!

16 hours ago, Toha said:

In regards to the haste percentage if a neck-piece would drop us below the 18/19 percent point for haste but has more crit should we hold off using it until other gear pieces would keep us above the 18/19percent point for haste since it no longer has strength on it? Sorry if this is a really dumb question.

You should stay above 18/19 %.

11 hours ago, Inisticus said:

I was wondering what your preference is between Shadow Infusion and Infected Claws while using The Instructor's Fourth Lesson. It seems at a glance the extra festering wounds provides greater performance, but is there any argument to say the reusability of Dark Transformation is still better? I haven't seen the math so just curious. Also I'm really only concerned with performance equivalent to Emerald Nightmare. Thanks!

Shadow Infusion is still the way to go.

Tegu,

So, I'm noticing something about scourge of the worlds. The rotation guide mentions it at the end that if one has procs and wounds to prioritize scourge striking. As I'm playing with this, I'm thinking that scourge of the world is actually a heavier augment to our dps. So, the basic way i've been running is, use festering to around 6 wounds (assuming apocalypse is off CD and one is using castigator), death coil to fish for scourge procs, then scourge strike spamming within debuff window. Doing this method has yielded me a lot more dps than passively worrying about scourge of the world. Now, in the death coil dump there are times when you don't get the proc so you just burst like normal. However I'm finding scourge fishing to be extremely beneficial dps wise. Also by fishing, it is allowing runes to regenerate as well mid rotation, so, the overall rotation is much smoother with almost no empty spots from rune starving. 

So, I don't know if it is worth while to include a sub section in the guide for Scourge Fishing, that's why I'm leaving it here for your consideration. However, I'm finding it to be an exceedingly powerful way to do the rotation. So, I'm thinking that with the scourge of worlds golden talent, death coil might be a slightly higher priority simply for the proc. 

Edit 3: If you don't like it for the formal guide, I may just do a forum guide for it, simply because, I'm finding its power great but it also adds a bit of spice to the rotation. I may actually just do it anyways. If its not the most optimal dps way to do things, its certainly a fun alternative :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, demonardvark said:

Tegu,

So, I'm noticing something about scourge of the worlds. The rotation guide mentions it at the end that if one has procs and wounds to prioritize scourge striking. As I'm playing with this, I'm thinking that scourge of the world is actually a heavier augment to our dps. So, the basic way i've been running is, use festering to around 6 wounds (assuming apocalypse is off CD and one is using castigator), death coil to fish for scourge procs, then scourge strike spamming within debuff window. Doing this method has yielded me a lot more dps than passively worrying about scourge of the world. Now, in the death coil dump there are times when you don't get the proc so you just burst like normal. However I'm finding scourge fishing to be extremely beneficial dps wise. Also by fishing, it is allowing runes to regenerate as well mid rotation, so, the overall rotation is much smoother with almost no empty spots from rune starving. 

So, I don't know if it is worth while to include a sub section in the guide for Scourge Fishing, that's why I'm leaving it here for your consideration. However, I'm finding it to be an exceedingly powerful way to do the rotation. So, I'm thinking that with the scourge of worlds golden talent, death coil might be a slightly higher priority simply for the proc. 

Edit 3: If you don't like it for the formal guide, I may just do a forum guide for it, simply because, I'm finding its power great but it also adds a bit of spice to the rotation. I may actually just do it anyways. If its not the most optimal dps way to do things, its certainly a fun alternative :)

Actually that's the best way to play it with Scourge of World as long as you are not going to cap your runes but also you have to consider Shadow Infusion.

• Like 1

Guest spoonlarry

I really wish Scourge of worlds increased festering strikes dmg rather than scourge strike for two reasons. I find myself having to use death coils to proc runic corruption before needing to apply more festering wounds more often than to pop them, this wasn't apparent right away though, it wasn't until I eclipsed 30% crit that I started to notice this, and I'm currently sitting at 34%. Festering strike is also my second highest dmg before festering wounds and is quickly followed by my abomination. This will only become even more apparent once you get the legendary wrist The Instructor's Fourth Lesson. My runic power is almost always capped too, and I never feel the need to have to empty it until I need my runes back, only weaving in sudden doom procs. I have to wonder how useful dumping runic power will be once I get double doom, I feel like I will always be at 100%. This also makes our 4 piece t19 even more garbage and I will not even bother going for it as I feel it will actually be a dps decrease in most cases. 

Hi Tegu,

I'd like to ask a question about the artifact progression: Your guide implies that you'd take Plaguebearer before Rotten Touch. However, I feel like my single target damage is weaker than my aoe (compared to other classes). So I'm currently thinking about buffing my festering strike first. Do you think that's sensible or is it better to go for plague anyway?

6 hours ago, Zataron said:

Hi Tegu,

I'd like to ask a question about the artifact progression: Your guide implies that you'd take Plaguebearer before Rotten Touch. However, I feel like my single target damage is weaker than my aoe (compared to other classes). So I'm currently thinking about buffing my festering strike first. Do you think that's sensible or is it better to go for plague anyway?

Depends what you're gonna be playing for single target Festering Strike is the way to go for aoe Plaguebearer.

14 hours ago, Guest spoonlarry said:

I really wish Scourge of worlds increased festering strikes dmg rather than scourge strike for two reasons. I find myself having to use death coils to proc runic corruption before needing to apply more festering wounds more often than to pop them, this wasn't apparent right away though, it wasn't until I eclipsed 30% crit that I started to notice this, and I'm currently sitting at 34%. Festering strike is also my second highest dmg before festering wounds and is quickly followed by my abomination. This will only become even more apparent once you get the legendary wrist The Instructor's Fourth Lesson. My runic power is almost always capped too, and I never feel the need to have to empty it until I need my runes back, only weaving in sudden doom procs. I have to wonder how useful dumping runic power will be once I get double doom, I feel like I will always be at 100%. This also makes our 4 piece t19 even more garbage and I will not even bother going for it as I feel it will actually be a dps decrease in most cases. 

How much % haste do you have, you might want to consider dropping some if it's high. 

Guest Spoonlarry
20 hours ago, Tegu said:

How much % haste do you have, you might want to consider dropping some if it's high. 

I'm only sitting at 16% haven't even hit the recommended 19% nor have I felt the need to reach that number, with most of my gear being crit over haste with only 2 pieces having mastery on them. Currently ilvl 846 and I'm sitting at 34% crit and 16% haste, and with heroic/mythic emerald nightmare gear stat values I'd easily hit 19% haste and possibly eclipse 40% crit, not sure when diminishing returns start to take effect.

8 hours ago, Guest Spoonlarry said:

I'm only sitting at 16% haven't even hit the recommended 19% nor have I felt the need to reach that number, with most of my gear being crit over haste with only 2 pieces having mastery on them. Currently ilvl 846 and I'm sitting at 34% crit and 16% haste, and with heroic/mythic emerald nightmare gear stat values I'd easily hit 19% haste and possibly eclipse 40% crit, not sure when diminishing returns start to take effect.

There's a lot of theories about the % haste i'm saying 18 % just on a feeling that i have about the spec, isn't simmed or confirmed by anyone,  in your case if you are good on resources at 16 % and  have almost no downtime then you can roll with your 16% and stack crit as much as possible.

Is there any way to get some stat weights that I could put into Pawn? I like using the addon as a second opinion on a piece of gear, and it makes it simpler to decide if a given piece would be an upgrade or not. Especially in the cases of rings and trinkets without STR on them, since a lower ilvl ring might be better if the stat distribution is better.

The only ones I found were from Noxxic, but I've heard their information is garbage.

Guest bossfight

on simcraft the build is unholy frenzy haste stacking what are your thought on this tegu

16 hours ago, Alipheese said:

Is there any way to get some stat weights that I could put into Pawn? I like using the addon as a second opinion on a piece of gear, and it makes it simpler to decide if a given piece would be an upgrade or not. Especially in the cases of rings and trinkets without STR on them, since a lower ilvl ring might be better if the stat distribution is better.

The only ones I found were from Noxxic, but I've heard their information is garbage.

We generally try to stay away from listing weights, since they are often very inaccurate unless maintained very closely by the author. You'd be better off using your own character in Simcraft to see what weights fit your current gear level.