FORUMS
Damien

Unholy Death Knight 7.3

Guest Guest

Hi Tegu. Love the guide, is it possible for you to please post the relevant stat weights in the Stat Priority section? 

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Hi Tegu. Love the guide, is it possible for you to please post the relevant stat weights in the Stat Priority section? 

Not sure what you mean by relevant, if you mean the exact numbers standing behind the stats i don't have such. Been using more or less common sense and it's been discussed with some "theorycrafters"".

Hello Tegu, what are your thoughts on the new AskMrRobot Simulator in regards to the Artifact Path simulation? I have run a few tests of my own and cannot get the results to replicate what you have selected as the optimal path. I gave the simulation build and stat settings that I found within your guide for single target, 2-target cleave, and aoe situations. Could you please comment on what factors you used to determine your suggested artifact route.

10 minutes ago, whare said:

Hello Tegu, what are your thoughts on the new AskMrRobot Simulator in regards to the Artifact Path simulation? I have run a few tests of my own and cannot get the results to replicate what you have selected as the optimal path. I gave the simulation build and stat settings that I found within your guide for single target, 2-target cleave, and aoe situations. Could you please comment on what factors you used to determine your suggested artifact route.

I haven't  even seen AskMrRobot to be honest. The Artifact path is choosen based on a lot of testing that i have done and some other death knights. Basically if you look at the artifact weapon traits you'd see that Eternal Agony, The Darkest Crusader, Portal of the underworld, and Scourge of Worlds give you the most damage. Then you want to get the second golden trait going up to Scourge the Unbeliever, Unholy Endurance which is my favorite trait in the weapon and then you get The Shambler which is the 2nd best Golden Trait in the weapon. With Apocalypse and Army of the Dead you should get Armies of the Dead trait followed  by Plaguebearer for AoE scenarios or even you are going to be running a lot of Mythic  + instances. Rotten Touch is good for single target and till raiding comes the value isn't going to be that great compared to Plaguebearer that's why i would go for Plaguebearer before Rotten Touch ( You can do the other way up to you). Runic Tattoos value depends on having 1 point in it or not, i'd personally put only 1 trait in it so i can throw 3 death coils back to back if needed with Dark Arbiter. Then you end up at the top with Deadliest Coil, Deadly Durability and Double Doom. I prefer those 3 to be last because they don't provide much compared to everything else. I couldn't notice big difference with Double Doom when i was running with it.

That's just my personal artifact path decision and i don't say that my path is the best out there i just think that it's the most you can get from it.

Please if you have any questions just ask before Release or send me a DM on twitter, i won't be so active  till we are done with the first raid instance.

Guest Hotfries

Hiya Tegu, thanks for the work on the guide.  Question for you, how are UH DKs doing compared to the other melees (especially warriors and WW monks)?

10 minutes ago, Guest Hotfries said:

Hiya Tegu, thanks for the work on the guide.  Question for you, how are UH DKs doing compared to the other melees (especially warriors and WW monks)?

last time on beta Death Knights were the 2nd melee dps after the Rogues but Rogues were broken with the rupture legendary. I think we are better than monks and might be even better than Warriors unless something changed for them.

Guest Man

Just a question while using Castigator. Now assuming we use the Instructor's Fourth Lesson legendary, scourge strike will pop 1 to 5 festering wounds (up to 7 with Castigator I assume, please correct me if I'm wrong). Festering strike will cause up to 6 fw with Castigator. Wouldn't the rotation have to change with that legendary though? I mean currently we need to scourge strike when above 3 stacks of fw to avoid missing out on castigator, and festering strike when you have 2 and below to avoid capping fw. But when scourge strike can pop up to 7, wouldn't the ideal time to use scourge strike be between 4 and 7 fw wounds instead? 

I guess the real question here is which is the worst, to overcap your festering wounds with festering strike to get to 8 in preparation for a possible best case scenario of 7 popped fw, or waste a portion of the legendary effect and scourge strike crit when you have less than the "required" fw on the target?

Would this possible wastage lead to another legendary being better if we could always fully utilise that legendary's full effect?

6 hours ago, Guest Man said:

Just a question while using Castigator. Now assuming we use the Instructor's Fourth Lesson legendary, scourge strike will pop 1 to 5 festering wounds (up to 7 with Castigator I assume, please correct me if I'm wrong). Festering strike will cause up to 6 fw with Castigator. Wouldn't the rotation have to change with that legendary though? I mean currently we need to scourge strike when above 3 stacks of fw to avoid missing out on castigator, and festering strike when you have 2 and below to avoid capping fw. But when scourge strike can pop up to 7, wouldn't the ideal time to use scourge strike be between 4 and 7 fw wounds instead? 

I guess the real question here is which is the worst, to overcap your festering wounds with festering strike to get to 8 in preparation for a possible best case scenario of 7 popped fw, or waste a portion of the legendary effect and scourge strike crit when you have less than the "required" fw on the target?

Would this possible wastage lead to another legendary being better if we could always fully utilise that legendary's full effect?

Well it's a bit tricky with the legendary but imo its better to burst at 5-7 FW stacks  than capping FW too much. Gonna update the rotations with legendary or put a new one somewhere when i have time. Plus that need to test it out.

Guest Guest DK
On 8/29/2016 at 9:46 PM, Tegu said:

last time on beta Death Knights were the 2nd melee dps after the Rogues but Rogues were broken with the rupture legendary. I think we are better than monks and might be even better than Warriors unless something changed for them.

so just to be sure... unholy is a competitive DPS spec right? i´m asking because i wasnt able to start playing legion myself yet and over the last couple of days a lot of "omg unholy so bad mimimimi" threads popped up.

49 minutes ago, Guest Guest DK said:

so just to be sure... unholy is a competitive DPS spec right? i´m asking because i wasnt able to start playing legion myself yet and over the last couple of days a lot of "omg unholy so bad mimimimi" threads popped up.

Unholy is good imo.

Guest Grave

I feel it would be better to go for SoW then to Double Doom because the synergy it would make the darkest crusade and the eternal agony seems a bit of a last choice for me after those 2 i would get   Portal to the Underworld  and Armies of the Damned for the aoe syn, then go   Scourge the Unbeliever  thru  The Shambler  after that i would get  Deadliest Coil  and then after i would double back for  Eternal Agony  and  The Darkest Crusade  since i believe the  The Darkest Crusade  is multiplicative not additive  that being said that would only be a 5% more on your Unholy STR vs the believe additive at a total for 45% total STR on proc to me that would seem a bit far fetched to be additive because that 45% str on proc, thats pretty big, that is my reasoning for my pathing

On 9/3/2016 at 9:09 AM, Guest Grave said:

I feel it would be better to go for SoW then to Double Doom because the synergy it would make the darkest crusade and the eternal agony seems a bit of a last choice for me after those 2 i would get   Portal to the Underworld  and Armies of the Damned for the aoe syn, then go   Scourge the Unbeliever  thru  The Shambler  after that i would get  Deadliest Coil  and then after i would double back for  Eternal Agony  and  The Darkest Crusade  since i believe the  The Darkest Crusade  is multiplicative not additive  that being said that would only be a 5% more on your Unholy STR vs the believe additive at a total for 45% total STR on proc to me that would seem a bit far fetched to be additive because that 45% str on proc, thats pretty big, that is my reasoning for my pathing

You can pick whatever you like, there's no set in stone path, it really depends what you are doing with your Death Knight.

Hey! First off, thank you for the well written guide. I'm a new DK player. Had no piror knowledge, except they look amazing :)

Anyway, I have a few questions. I used my boost and boosted DK to 100. I'm trying to learn mechanics, and in rotation guide when I cast Festering Strike (Soul Reaper) I usually get 2-4 Festering Wounds. If I get 2, do I cast and FS or I just cast Soul Reaper?

And one more thing I can't figure out. When do Festering Strike and Scourge Strike go on CD?

Guest Agar

I am a little confused with the stat priority for castigator.  Are crit and haste and equal stat or is crit more of a priority?

23 minutes ago, Guest Agar said:

I am a little confused with the stat priority for castigator.  Are crit and haste and equal stat or is crit more of a priority?

Crit is slightly better.

58 minutes ago, yoco007 said:

Hey! First off, thank you for the well written guide. I'm a new DK player. Had no piror knowledge, except they look amazing :)

Anyway, I have a few questions. I used my boost and boosted DK to 100. I'm trying to learn mechanics, and in rotation guide when I cast Festering Strike (Soul Reaper) I usually get 2-4 Festering Wounds. If I get 2, do I cast and FS or I just cast Soul Reaper?

And one more thing I can't figure out. When do Festering Strike and Scourge Strike go on CD?

The answers to your questions are in the guide, but I admit that it can be overwhelming for a new player. So, no worries.

In the Soul Reaper rotation, you want to cast Soul Reaper with at least 3 stacks of Festering Wounds. So, if you don't yet have 3, cast FS again. Just make sure not to overcap your Festering Wound stacks.

Festering Strike and Scourge Strike don't technically have a cooldown, but they'll display a cooldown on your UI when you don't have the runes to use them (and the cooldown they show just shows how long until your runes are available so you can use them).

Hope that helps.

Guest Lakatarm

Hey, love the guide, but im wondering, does you have a tier list for the trinkets that are avaiable in the game at the moment? I know the violet hold one is absolutely ballers, but what are the others i should get ?

Guest floff13

why isn't *Summon Gargoyle* in the Soul reaper rotation? when should i use him?

3 hours ago, Guest Lakatarm said:

Hey, love the guide, but im wondering, does you have a tier list for the trinkets that are avaiable in the game at the moment? I know the violet hold one is absolutely ballers, but what are the others i should get ?

Maybe that would help you http://imgur.com/a/PbJsa, i don't play dps atm so i can't really tell which trinkets are the best. 

3 hours ago, Guest floff13 said:

Use it on cooldown starting with the pull.

8 hours ago, Guest floff13 said:

What Tegu said is right, but just as a general note, I don't include cooldowns (especially long ones) in the rotations, because it just clutters them a lot and it's not something you use "rotationally", if that makes sense.

Guest Truulte

So, what if you're capping runes (3 runes not recharging), and RP. Should you use runes at 100 RP to get 3 runes recharging or use death coil? I'd imagine keeping 3 runes recharging has priority, but it doesn't come through in the guide.

2 hours ago, Guest Truulte said:

So, what if you're capping runes (3 runes not recharging), and RP. Should you use runes at 100 RP to get 3 runes recharging or use death coil? I'd imagine keeping 3 runes recharging has priority, but it doesn't come through in the guide.

Just avoid wasting resources in general, the thing mentioned in the guide is one thing but it doesn't mean that you should  waste Runic Power in order to keep 3 runes always rolling. 

Guest Truulte
19 hours ago, Tegu said:

Just avoid wasting resources in general, the thing mentioned in the guide is one thing but it doesn't mean that you should  waste Runic Power in order to keep 3 runes always rolling. 

But... Not keeping 3 runes rolling is wasting resources. So, what has priority?