Raxy

Legendary Bracers Playstyle

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

Hey ,

i have a question regarding the leg. bracers.

Is there any change in playstyle and stat weights when u have  / use them ? 

I guess one uses SS at 5 instead of 3 right ? to use it most efficent ?

In theory, you could burst 8 runes with a single Scourge Strike if both the shadow and physical parts crit: 1 + 5 (bracers) + 2 (Castigator) = 8. It's tedious and inefficient to always stack 8 wounds before scourge striking though.

I know that some people skilled out of castigator when they got the bracers. However, I think that Castigator is still good because it also increases the amount of wounds you generate. Additionally, it's pretty rare that your bracers actually burst 5 wounds AND you crit at the same time, so in most cases Castigator still provides a benefit. I personally would agree with using SS at 5 wounds. This way, it's possible to be wasteful, but pretty unlikely.

I don't know if your stat priority changes with the bracers. My guess is that mastery becomes more valuable, but as far as I'm aware, noone has actually run the simulations to generate exact weights.

So i basicly  FS to 5 then start SS´ing to burst. Should i talent out of castigator  ? Because in the DK discord someone said that the stat weights swap from Crit  / Haste  to Haste / Mastery

And ty for the helpful responses so far.

Edited by Raxy

Just now, Raxy said:

So i basicly  FS to 5 then start SS´ing to burst. Should i talent out of castigator  ? Because in the DK discord someone said that the stat weights swap from Crit  / Haste  to Haste / Mastery

And ty for the helpful responses so far.

In my previous reply, I gave an explanation for why I think that Castigator is still the best choice. You can find some more discussion on the topic in this thread:

While i agree with what u said about Castigator i am kinda confused about Castigator in combination with what was told to me in the discord that u would swap from crit haste to  haste mastery. Doesnt this change make castigator weaker ? 

NVM got my answer from the discord.

Edited by Raxy

Well I don't know what they told you on the discord, but I assume that you'd still be going crit with Castigator, since that talent is pretty pointless otherwise.

Stay crit/haste haste/mastery is invalid, use castigator, shadow infusion and bursting sores.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SoundBox97
      So I just got back into playing hearthstone again, been a little over a year(still consider myself a noob), and I just got enough dust to craft a legendary. I've been playing priest a lot lately due to the shadowreaper anduin drop, and I've really been enjoying it, but can't seem to get past rank 20. Should I craft Lyra, Raza, or Velen to make that deck better, or forgo crafting a legendary and focus more on rares/epics to fill out the deck?
      I think it's a control deck but I'm not entirely sure, still new to building decks.
      http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/priest#38:1;74:1;232:1;315:2;401:1;415:2;431:2;438:1;544:1;547:1;600:2;641:1;656:1;671:1;35240:1;49630:2;49638:1;55543:2;58722:2;62870:1;62889:1;62951:2
    • By Laggasaurus
      Something's been bugging me recently - why is mastery more valuable to an Unholy DK than versatility?  It seems to me that versatility should be superior because it increases ALL damage (shadow & physical) while mastery only increases shadow damage.  Does 1% of mastery scale differently than 1% of versatility in some way?  I assume I am misunderstanding something here about how versatility works. 
    • By Albrod
      Hi, im new in here. 
      I decided to share this build i made. It fun to play also it's great to do the achievement seasonal [Legendary].
      I want to hear some feedback if anyone can help to improve this build.
      I know isn't the best but i don't care just want to play something fun and useful.
      In a couple of hours i will be uploading a gameplay video.
      Click here to see this build on diablofans site.
      Rathma's court

Actually i make this with all the stuff i get until now on season game so could there be a better legendary to use or a better skill combinations and that's why i came here i want to improve it.

• By Valkas
      I played at the launch of legion for a good month or two, but i've recently come back. I picked up unholy and I really like it but I like to have some alts so i'm looking for another option.

Now, to clarify my question. What I mean when I ask for complexity is perhaps not everyones definition. When I play my UDK, I understand the basics. Put on wounds, pop wounds=Damage. Obviously it's a lot deeper than that in terms of our kit but thats the general gist. When I play UDK, I feel as if I play it more i'll get better. There's some RNG, and lots of varying situations as to what button I need to press next to squeeze out the most dps.

That's the kind of thing I crave. And i'm curious what other classes have this type of playstyle in the same or varying degrees. I know for a fact feral is in this camp, and if i'd guess i'd say it's the most complex class in legion at the moment. The problem is I don't really like Feral's flavor. I tried Arms warrior but my problem with it was i'd colossus smash...and then just hit the guy. It never really seemed to change and that got on my nerves a little, despite me loving the flavor. 

To summarize, what classes do you guys thing have the deepest pool of choices, the most you can wring out of them by practice and mastery of them. Whether that be through best rotation or maybe even a legendary or two that mix it up for them. Thanks in advance!
    • By JubblyPuff
      Anyone know if the Broken Crown (aka The Ancient Crown of Rakkis) https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/broken-crown#latest still drops?  It used to spawn in Leoric's thrown room after the boss fight.   A couple dropped for me, but that was long ago.  Unfortunately I lost my only copy on a hardcore DH before extracting in KC.  Doh!