NotYetRated

Confused about Talent Combo's

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Loooong time lurker here, I just had to make a post about the various talent combo's you can take as an Assassination Rogue. Bleed/Poison, EP or MP or things like Exsang or Agonizing.

I'm currently:        39% crit / 14% Haste / 90% Mastery. I know that haste is like almost useless on Sin rogue but I'm just gearing up (854ilvl).

Now the thing is, I'm currently running MP and Exsang and can get around 275k-290k steady DPS (on dummies that is). While I've tried the recommended EP and Agonizing build I get to around 300k for like 15 secs and then it dips into 265k to 250k.

Now for my opener and rotation:

Stealth > Garrote > Rupture > 2x Mutilate > Vendetta > Mutilate to 6 when not > Vanish > Rupture > Mutilate2x > Exsang > Envenom at 5/6 > Kingsbane.

I refresh my Garrote and Rupture when they've run out for the Exsang to do it's thing. Otherwise I refresh them around 4 or so seconds. I use my CD's as soon as they come up except for Vendetta, I usually dump my energy fast and then Vendetta.

How come I perform better with a supposedly worse build?

Idk anything about posting logs and all that but my character is named Xinshi on VentureCo.

On 14/10/2016 at 11:53 PM, NotYetRated said:

Hey all,

Loooong time lurker here, I just had to make a post about the various talent combo's you can take as an Assassination Rogue. Bleed/Poison, EP or MP or things like Exsang or Agonizing.

I'm currently:        39% crit / 14% Haste / 90% Mastery. I know that haste is like almost useless on Sin rogue but I'm just gearing up (854ilvl).

Now the thing is, I'm currently running MP and Exsang and can get around 275k-290k steady DPS (on dummies that is). While I've tried the recommended EP and Agonizing build I get to around 300k for like 15 secs and then it dips into 265k to 250k.

Now for my opener and rotation:

Stealth > Garrote > Rupture > 2x Mutilate > Vendetta > Mutilate to 6 when not > Vanish > Rupture > Mutilate2x > Exsang > Envenom at 5/6 > Kingsbane.

I refresh my Garrote and Rupture when they've run out for the Exsang to do it's thing. Otherwise I refresh them around 4 or so seconds. I use my CD's as soon as they come up except for Vendetta, I usually dump my energy fast and then Vendetta.

How come I perform better with a supposedly worse build?

Idk anything about posting logs and all that but my character is named Xinshi on VentureCo.

Agonizing Poison takes over as you get better gear, Exsang is good at lower gear levels

Make sure you take advantage of your Elaborate Planning windows properly 

So just to be sure, I keep on stacking Mastery like I'm doing right now? Since it outscales the Exsang bleed build? What am I supposed to with Vers/Crit? Agility>Mastery>Crit=Vers right?

1 hour ago, NotYetRated said:

So just to be sure, I keep on stacking Mastery like I'm doing right now? Since it outscales the Exsang bleed build? What am I supposed to with Vers/Crit? Agility>Mastery>Crit=Vers right?

Yep

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this