FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T16 Warlock Style - Heroic & Mythic

I feel so dumb right now...Out ranging the gateways is why they were despawning. *doh* Reworking positioning...

Still no clue why the Demonic Circle is despawning, though.

Here in Brazil I raid 5 times in a week at 23:00 to 2:00

And I wake up around 7:30.

/sigh

Edited by JvChequer

On heroic IJ I do 1 mine every spawn with running 2 pallies. BoP, sac pact, BoP. Sometimes it's not feasible for OT to do all the mines. The mine damage doesn't even break through sac pact with GoSac

I currently do 1 crawler mine every wave and our tanks pop the 2 closest when they can. You can use demonic teleport (glyphed, otherwise I believe you can't get the 3rd wave), displacer beast, and blink to get them. Just make sure you are in range of your circle and you are not on gcd when you interact with the crawler mine. As soon as you interact with the mine, spam teleport so you port out before the mount animation finishes on the mine, otherwise you will die. I also macro "/tar boss1" to teleport so I can get back to doing damage asap. During P2, you can only take 1 of the 2 as its 1 wave every 15 sec.

Edited by Typecast

Maybe its not proper topic but Ill ask anyway :D

How would you rank bosses from easiest to hardest?

So far my guild have downed 2 (Immerseus and Noroushen). I think Nor was a joke, Immerseus gave us a bit of problems (ppl getting 6-9 stacks and getting one shotted). We skipped protectors since this fight is in my opinion very tough on healers.

Maybe its not proper topic but Ill ask anyway biggrin.png

How would you rank bosses from easiest to hardest?

So far my guild have downed 2 (Immerseus and Noroushen). I think Nor was a joke, Immerseus gave us a bit of problems (ppl getting 6-9 stacks and getting one shotted). We skipped protectors since this fight is in my opinion very tough on healers.

Keep in mind this is all 10man, currently I'm 11/14 HM in tens.

Heroic SoO is 98% linearly harder from boss to boss. With the hotfixs and tweeks, it's only changed slightly. But he is my list from easy to hard:

1. Immerseus (Boss #1)
  2. Noroushen (Boss #3)
  3. Protecters (Boss #2)
  4. General Naz (Boss #8)
  5. Sha of Pride (Boss #4)
  6. Galak (Boss #5)
  7. Iron Juggernaut (Boss #6)
  8. Dark Shamans (Boss #7)
  9. Malkorok (Boss #8)
  10. Spoils of Pandaria (Boss #9)

After Spoils, the *Hard* bosses start. Thok and Black Fuse are fairly close together, Paragons is (from what I hear, I haven't done pulls on it yet) more of a DPS check then anything.

Garrosh is a total badass.

Guys I need some advice... here's our raid setup for 10m normal

Brewmaster, Blood DK
Arms, Rogue, Hunter, Shadow, Lock (aff,destro)
RestoShaman, Disc Priest, Holypally

We're having some trouble with Siegecrafter Blackfuse deciding what weapons to kill and which dps to send. Our warrior can solo the weapon on the belt as well as the hunter too. The rogue wants to tunnel boss since he's our highest dps. We've been focusing on killing mines first but then the fire makes people get out of range from healers.

Can any of you guys help with some tips?

Thanks

For when using GoSac what is the best way to handle the CB dot clipping when say you pooled 4 embers and hit DS

Also since you seem to be using the imp is the demon training glyph good to to make him cast faster and in burst of 3?

Keep in mind this is all 10man, currently I'm 11/14 HM in tens.

Heroic SoO is 98% linearly harder from boss to boss. With the hotfixs and tweeks, it's only changed slightly. But he is my list from easy to hard:

1. Immerseus (Boss #1)
  2. Noroushen (Boss #3)
  3. Protecters (Boss #2)
  4. General Naz (Boss #8)
  5. Sha of Pride (Boss #4)
  6. Galak (Boss #5)
  7. Iron Juggernaut (Boss #6)
  8. Dark Shamans (Boss #7)
  9. Malkorok (Boss #8)
  10. Spoils of Pandaria (Boss #9)

After Spoils, the *Hard* bosses start. Thok and Black Fuse are fairly close together, Paragons is (from what I hear, I haven't done pulls on it yet) more of a DPS check then anything.

Garrosh is a total badass.

My core had real problems on Nazgrim, he was casting too much shouts and adds was destroying us.

I don't know why we messed up so much on that fight.

We downed the first three bosses kinda easily but Iron juggernaut and nazgrim just raped us. ( We did not tried galakras, Sha or shamans )

Edited by JvChequer

For when using GoSac what is the best way to handle the CB dot clipping when say you pooled 4 embers and hit DS

Also since you seem to be using the imp is the demon training glyph good to to make him cast faster and in burst of 3?

I don't know what moron at blizz thought that glyph was a cool idea for imps but no, the glyph is NEVER good for your imp. Ever. At all. 

It's REALLY hard to get it to clip. This is the test I ran, Zag can tell me if I'm doing it wrong but I'm 99% sure this is solid.

Fired off a lot of CBs seeing if the DoT Pandemic-ed, it doesn't.

Fired off a lot of CBs seeing if the DoT rolled in to the next DoT, as in, extended the time of the second DoT by 1+ ticks, it doesn't.

Fired off a lot of CBs seeing if the first tick of the second DoT was buffed at all, it wasn't.

So at this point I didn't really know, so I thought about counting the ticks themselves.

Fired off a lot of CBs (3) and looked in my Skada to see how many times CB did damage. CB hit my target 11 times. The buff from GoSac is 15% over three seconds, ticking once per second, so three CBs fired = 9 ticks + the three CBs themselves = 11.

I did this with four CBs fired, skada shows CB doing damage 16 times. 4+(3*4)=16.

Two CBs did 8 hits of damage, 2+(3*2)=8

Then I tried doing it so that my second CB had a faster cast time then my first, CB>Conflag>CB still did 8 hits of damage.

I then tried this test, at all levels, at two different ranges. Standing in melee and then standing at max 40 yards, all the same results.

FINALLY I found a way for it to clip, six stacks of backdraft fired off two CBs came up with only 7 ticks of damage. Why? I HAVE NO IDEA. But in all of this that was the only way I could find to get the CB ticks to clip, and you would never do this in a raid anyways since you know...it's bad.

Thus, my answer on the CB DoT clipping is...don't care. *if* it happens it will never happen enough for it to matter in any way.

My core had real problems on Nazgrim, he was casting too much shouts and adds was destroying us.

You allowed him to get to much rage and you didn't control the adds.

WarBanner MUST die instantly.

Do NOT attack the boss during defensive stance.

Stun/interrupt the ArcWeaver

Stun/interrupt the War Shaman

Point the Sniper away from the raid

Slow/root/stun the Assassin so you can kite it and NEVER show your back to it if it's fixated on you.

I don't know what moron at blizz thought that glyph was a cool idea for imps but no, the glyph is NEVER good for your imp. Ever. At all. 

It's REALLY hard to get it to clip. This is the test I ran, Zag can tell me if I'm doing it wrong but I'm 99% sure this is solid.

Fired off a lot of CBs seeing if the DoT rolled in to the next DoT, as in, extended the time of the second DoT by 1+ ticks, it doesn't.

Fired off a lot of CBs seeing if the first tick of the second DoT was buffed at all, it wasn't.

So at this point I didn't really know, so I thought about counting the ticks themselves.

Fired off a lot of CBs (3) and looked in my Skada to see how many times CB did damage. CB hit my target 11 times. The buff from GoSac is 15% over three seconds, ticking once per second, so three CBs fired = 9 ticks + the three CBs themselves = 11.

I did this with four CBs fired, skada shows CB doing damage 16 times. 4+(3*4)=16.

Then I tried doing it so that my second CB had a faster cast time then my first, CB>Conflag>CB still did 8 hits of damage.

I then tried this test, at all levels, at two different ranges. Standing in melee and then standing at max 40 yards, all the same results.

FINALLY I found a way for it to clip, six stacks of backdraft fired off two CBs came up with only 7 ticks of damage. Why? I HAVE NO IDEA. But in all of this that was the only way I could find to get the CB ticks to clip, and you would never do this in a raid anyways since you know...it's bad.

Thus, my answer on the CB DoT clipping is...don't care. *if* it happens it will never happen enough for it to matter in any way.

Locky, the reason is going to be based on your haste and such. Chaos Bolt has a base cast time of 3 seconds. The DoT from GoSac has a base duration of 3 seconds. So, if you have 20% raid-buffed haste, your cast time for Chaos Bolt becomes (3000/1.20)=2500ms=2.50sec.  The duration of the DoT is the same. The clipping comes from the fact that Backdraft reduces the cast time of Chaos Bolt by 30%. It's not a haste increase; it just reduces the cast time. This means while normally you're firing off CB at the exact duration of that DoT, you're now firing them off much, much sooner.

Bloodlust + LMG say herro :D, backdraft is irrelevant to losing CB ticks in the opener, but its still better than sup/serv.

Locky, the reason is going to be based on your haste and such. Chaos Bolt has a base cast time of 3 seconds. The DoT from GoSac has a base duration of 3 seconds. So, if you have 20% raid-buffed haste, your cast time for Chaos Bolt becomes (3000/1.20)=2500ms=2.50sec.  The duration of the DoT is the same. The clipping comes from the fact that Backdraft reduces the cast time of Chaos Bolt by 30%. It's not a haste increase; it just reduces the cast time. This means while normally you're firing off CB at the exact duration of that DoT, you're now firing them off much, much sooner.

Okay, I get that. 

The math part of the game isn't my strength, I'm a skill guy, not a math guy.

Okay, I get that. 

The math part of the game isn't my strength, I'm a skill guy, not a math guy.

That's why we keep Zagam and Gahhda around! :D

Here's my weekend catch up post!

Brewmaster, Blood DK

We're having some trouble with Siegecrafter Blackfuse deciding what weapons to kill and which dps to send. Our warrior can solo the weapon on the belt as well as the hunter too. The rogue wants to tunnel boss since he's our highest dps. We've been focusing on killing mines first but then the fire makes people get out of range from healers.

Thanks

Tell your Rogue to get over himself and do mechanics.  Even if your Warrior and Hunter can solo, make the Rogue do it just to piss him off and put him in his place.  No one should EVER be allowed to tunnel a boss because they're the 'highest DPS.'  His DPS SHOULD be higher if he's not doing anything else.  Even if he's 10-15k above everyone else, he has high utility to get to the belt and come back with minimal downtime thus having less impact on your OVERALL RAID DPS. 

If people are ranging healers from the fire, then they need higher situational awareness.  All you have to dodge are saw blades and the "Ragnaros Mechanic" where the spikes come in a similar pattern to Rag's World in Flames.  Have your two best ranged DPS switch to the big add and burst it down after it does its special attack.

Dark Soul shouldn't be used as the primary Ember consumer.  Intellect procs will affect it far more, but that's beside the point.  Clipping is clipping, and it wouldn't matter when it happened.  I'm about 95% sure that the DoT from CB doesn't clip and you get all the ticks regardless of how fast your CBs are delivered.  That glyph had one useful place...Ra-den World First progression.  Other than that, it's rubbish.

We downed the first three bosses kinda easily but Iron juggernaut and nazgrim just raped us. ( We did not tried galakras, Sha or shamans )

Switch to adds.  Arcanists and Warshamans MUST be burned and interrupted.  Whoever is marked by the Assassin should NOT RUN FROM THEM!  Everyone has an instinct to run from them and they hit you 3x harder from behind.  Face them, stun them, slow them, and move from them, but DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK TO THEM.  Iron dudes can be stunned and burned easily.  If adds aren't killed quickly, then War Shouts do more.  Absolutely NO reason for you to not be on adds as soon as they pop. 

You really should do Sha of Pride before Nazgrim.  It's not a difficult fight and it has a 2H caster staff which is likely something more than just you wants.

I'll first say that you're right in that CB DoT clipping should almost never happen.  Second, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm PRETTY SURE I read from a blue post that CB couldn't be clipped and that if it WERE to be clipped, the third tick from the first CB and the first tick from the 2nd CB would combine into one tick.  I can't confirm that.

Haste would also affect the DoT ticking.  Haste affects ALL DoTs based on time of application.  I can't look at logs here, but I can take a gander tonight into a combat log and bet I see decreased time intervals between DoT ticks with Haste effects up.  NOTE: BACKDRAFT WILL NOT AFFECT THIS DoT.  Backdraft does not give you Haste.  It only reduces cast time of Incinerate or CB.  You'd have to test with Bloodlust, Tempus Repit, or Berserking.

Need a little help on Garrosh, any additional advice for Destro? Should I run WF normal FCR over breath or yulon's bite? (primary is PBI)

Never cleave trinket.  It's only going to help you in P1 here which is and should be the least important phase.  You're going to want to be the highest in damage on Desecrated Weapons.  Use GoSac and sacrifice your Felpup for interrupts on MC'd friends.  Use Havoc on CD. 

Thanks Blizzard:

• Siegecrafter Blackfuse
    • Demonic Circles are now cleared when the encounter starts.

That would be why it despawned on Siegecrafter.

People (asshats that don't have the skill to down a fight without blatantly exploiting around the spirit of the fight) were getting on the belt before the fight, dropping a circle, starting the fight and then using the circle to get on the belt without getting the debuff thus allowing them to get up every time (or at least one freebie), and bliz doesnt like that.

This is what I assume the reason was at least from what I've heard from other warlocks and saw on the WoW forums. I never did the pre-circle or any circle so I can't speak from experience.

People (asshats that don't have the skill to down a fight without blatantly exploiting around the spirit of the fight) were getting on the belt before the fight, dropping a circle, starting the fight and then using the circle to get on the belt without getting the debuff thus allowing them to get up every time (or at least one freebie), and bliz doesnt like that.

This is what I assume the reason was at least from what I've heard from other warlocks and saw on the WoW forums. I never did the pre-circle or any circle so I can't speak from experience.

That's what I would conclude happened. Could've just made the belts one of those places where "you can't use that here" type of error would occur. Nope, making them disappear on pull was easier.

Brewmaster, Blood DK

Thanks

Go into each wave already knowing what you want to kill. This is the order for heroic (normal goes to 15 waves but I've never seen them).  We prioritize Dupes (kill first dupe that appears) > Missile > Mine > Laser.  I tried to create a table but it created like 30 lines of nothing before it rendered the table.

iX9AnV0.jpg

There were some things we noticed during the fight that could probably help you. Snipers will always target a healer if a healer is alive. Assassins will always target a ranged dps if a ranged dps is alive. Whoever has the assassin on wave 11 needs to make sure they do not turn their back to the assassin while burning the boss.  Warshamans can put earthshield on the boss, so make sure its spellstolen or dispelled (maybe darksimmable?).  DoT's that do not have a damage component on application (Doom, Corr, Agony, UA, not sure about channels) do not generate rage when cast on nazgrim during defensive. Things should be pretty calm before you push it over at 10%, try to line up the push with a tank swap so the adds can be picked up without issue during the burn.  The waves and spawn locations are scripted.  First 10 waves happen 45 secs apart then the last 2 waves happen during the final 10%, all waves shown below (wave 12 has an arcweaver, ironblade, sniper, and warshaman, but I do not know the exact location they spawn from, just know none spawn from blue).

Fca5GE7.jpg

That's what I would conclude happened. Could've just made the belts one of those places where "you can't use that here" type of error would occur. Nope, making them disappear on pull was easier.

Since it is cleared only on the pull, we can still drop a portal the first time we go over. I really dont see how this is any different than using disengage/shadowstep/transcedence/leap/lifegrip/glider over though.

Edited by Typecast
  • Like 4

Dark Soul shouldn't be used as the primary Ember consumer.  Intellect procs will affect it far more, but that's beside the point.  Clipping is clipping, and it wouldn't matter when it happened.  I'm about 95% sure that the DoT from CB doesn't clip and you get all the ticks regardless of how fast your CBs are delivered.  That glyph had one useful place...Ra-den World First progression.  Other than that, it's rubbish.

Now I am confused don't yo want to pool ember for when its about off CD so you can get the max amount of CB off during it?

I swear I ran you say or saw the guide at one point say if DSI < 30 sec use embers on proc - if DSI> 30 sec pool the embers.

I have both Purified Bindings of Immerseus and Kardris' Toxic Totem so of course it rocks with both proc - but do I now only use DSI when it off CD and only if one of these trinkets procs are up?

When one trinket procs do I just spam CB until it expires / out of embers and keep using CB as embers fill if the proc will be up still when CB cast is finished?

Also with flex 4 opening this week I have a chance to get BBOY I kow the bindings is BIS but do I want the BBOY over Toxic Totem or does the Multstrike win out?

Also since Bindings is BIS do I use it regardless of others-  like I have LFR version so do I get rid of it if I get BBOY and toxic in Flex? My group will be working on Iron Jud so we close to being able to take on shaman but until than I using LFR trinkets as those are the only ones I gotten (do LFR, Flex, and Normal)

Edited by Nytemare

Now I am confused don't yo want to pool ember for when its about off CD so you can get the max amount of CB off during it?

I swear I ran you say or saw the guide at one point say if DSI < 30 sec use embers on proc - if DSI> 30 sec pool the embers.

I have both Purified Bindings of Immerseus and Kardris' Toxic Totem so of course it rocks with both proc - but do I now only use DSI when it off CD and only if one of these trinkets procs are up?

When one trinket procs do I just spam CB until it expires / out of embers and keep using CB as embers fill if the proc will be up still when CB cast is finished?

Also with flex 4 opening this week I have a chance to get BBOY I kow the bindings is BIS but do I want the BBOY over Toxic Totem or does the Multstrike win out?

Also since Bindings is BIS do I use it regardless of others-  like I have LFR version so do I get rid of it if I get BBOY and toxic in Flex? My group will be working on Iron Jud so we close to being able to take on shaman but until than I using LFR trinkets as those are the only ones I gotten (do LFR, Flex, and Normal)

KTT is bis for destro , BBOY is for affli. I got heroic ktt and warforged bboy and ive noticed there are too many factors involved in being able to launch several chaos bolts when the bboy procs, which makes ktt more reliable. (unless i suck at managing procs i always see a higher dps when using ktt as destro)

DS Instability isn't really that impressive for destro. Better to build embers with it and dump CBs into boss with big int procs.

Managing stack trinkets like BBOY is really about being comfortable with how good your latency is/how much haste you have. Knowing at what point you can fire off that LOL70K INT PROC CB is pretty much a matter of that (on that note, guh wish I was either a West Coast player or we had more people to push to move to a CST server).

There were some things we noticed during the fight that could probably help you. Snipers will always target a healer if a healer is alive. Assassins will always target a ranged dps if a ranged dps is alive. Whoever has the assassin on wave 11 needs to make sure they do not turn their back to the assassin while burning the boss.  Warshamans can put earthshield on the boss, so make sure its spellstolen or dispelled (maybe darksimmable?).  DoT's that do not have a damage component on application (Doom, Corr, Agony, UA, not sure about channels) do not generate rage when cast on nazgrim during defensive. Things should be pretty calm before you push it over at 10%, try to line up the push with a tank swap so the adds can be picked up without issue during the burn.  The waves and spawn locations are scripted.  First 10 waves happen 45 secs apart then the last 2 waves happen during the final 10%, all waves shown below (wave 12 has an arcweaver, ironblade, sniper, and warshaman, but I do not know the exact location they spawn from, just know none spawn from blue).

WOW, wow....that was great.

Very thanks.

Managing stack trinkets like BBOY is really about being comfortable with how good your latency is/how much haste you have. Knowing at what point you can fire off that LOL70K INT PROC CB is pretty much a matter of that (on that note, guh wish I was either a West Coast player or we had more people to push to move to a CST server).

I'd say those are the biggest factors in a fight where you can always reliably plant your feet long enough to fling one or two precisely timed CBs. Most fights have components where you can't however. There have been so many times where I've had 2+ embers pooled and Bindings + Wush proc together and I get all giddy loading up for massove crits, only for some or other fight mechanic pop off and I'll have to move. Super frustrating. I'd take KTT over stacking trinkets for pretty much all destro fights.

• Like 1