FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T16 Warlock Style - Heroic & Mythic

Yeah but the 2-piece WRECKS phase 1 Garrosh, and we all know that's when the damage reaaaaaaally counts.  Roite?

RNG being the bitch of RNG who hates RNG has been a growing problem in this expansion.  I've NEVER remembered such RNG that can sway fights except for Demonology Heroic Spine.  If you didn't get 4 Impending Doom procs in between plate lifts, you were worthless to your raid. 

It's really awful.  Even if you were at 50% Crit, theoretically, you'd only get 1 chance per 2 Conflagrates.  20% proc rate means you'd see 1 every 10 Conflagrates, maybe.  It really should be 20% on Conflagrate Crit.  Period.  Maybe Blizz will take note and make the bonus relatively good. 2 procs in 6 minutes is absurd.  That's worst case scenario UVLS shit right there.

If you don't have an Elemental Shaman, stay on the ground and AoE.  If you do, volunteer to be the protector of the tower people.  Stun the add with Shadowfury and blow him up without prejudice.  Use Havoc as much as possible, and use your Teleport to get around.  I volunteer to be the first tower shooter, and we have an Ele Shaman, so I run around and up towers a lot with a big pause in any effective DPS because I'm in a cannon waiting to shoot Galak. 

If you're on the tower team, use CDs on the dudes at the top of the towers.  Not dealing with their AoE cleave/knockback is nice.  When you make it to Phase 2, stack with your raid and allow yourself up to 4 stacks of the stacking debuff.  If you get 4, move out of the ranks and let it fall off.  Sacrifice a Voidwalker for the 30% stam CD, use the Healthstone Glyph, and consider Dark Regen if your healers aren't awesome.  Otherwise, pop all your CDs and kill Galak before he kills you.

• Like 1

Thanks Zag, I think I'll be stuck with AoE duty because I'm still rolling 5.2 VP trinket+ Normal Lei Shen (If you can find someone as unlucky as me, please, let me know), so my dps on single target is not what it should be, I think I'll be able to take it easy.

Thanks for the void sac tip, don't usually remember the fella is a bit useful sometimes.

DS:I proper use isn't going to explode your DPS.  If you're still doing 160-185k at 543 item level, it might be time to look at some logs because there is something else going on.  For you, unless you have KTT, the choice between T5 talents is irrelevant. 

For Dark Shamans, there is no need to put all range on.  I don't know your comp, but I know you can solo them.  When Foul Stream pops out, put Rain of Fire up, flip on Fire and Brimstone, and open with a Conflagrate to snare them.  Then Incinerate spam your heart out until they're all gone.  Everyone else should stay on the boss.  If you're wiping at 45%, my guess is your healers don't prepare or coordinate for Falling Ash.  Falling Ash + random Tornado damage ticks can spell doom for anyone.  I'll bet you 50k gold that if you posted a log, I could find TONS of avoidable damage hitting your raid. 

don't know if this is what you wanted but here http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rx9wtudykt2d1f15/ - or you want this http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rx9wtudykt2d1f15/sum/damageDone/

for KTT got LFR so I know my trinkets not the best over like our mage but still she frost and tops the chars non-stop even when I doing all the work on adds

Comp: Pally(DPS), Mage(Frost DPS), Druid(Tank), Druid(Healer), Priest(Healer), Shammy(Elem Dps), Warrior(Tank), Hunter (BM DPS), Pally (Healer), and Me Warlock (Destro)

Also maybe I reforged  wrong, I look at you and you reforge into haste, whereas I doing just Mastery than Crit and given up haste

Edited by Nytemare

don't know if this is what you wanted but here http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rx9wtudykt2d1f15/ - for KTT got LFR so I know my trinkets not the best over like our mage but still she frost and tops the chars non-stop with 200K+ even when I doing all the work on adds

Comp: Pally(DPS), Mage(Frost DPS), Druid(Tank), Druid(Healer), Priest(Healer), Shammy(Elem Dps), Warrior(Tank), Hunter (BM DPS), Pally (Healer), and Me Warlock (Destro)

Also maybe I reforged  wrong, I look at you and you reforge into haste, whereas I doing just Mastery than Crit and given up haste

The biggest issue I'm seeing, and I'm looking at your Iron Juggernaut kill here, is your ability to line up procs.

You definitely need to be using Dark Soul on CD for this fight.  You have PBI, which means you are going to get a HUGE buff every 2 minutes with those 2 buffs combined.  The more you hold off on DS, the further apart these procs will be and the more chance you have of never seeing them proc together again.

It was almost an 8 minute fight for you and you have 5 synapse spring uses.  You can definitely get 7 and you should use them on CD so that every 2nd one lines up with DS.

Otherwise there is a part in the fight where you dip below 50k DPS.  I have to assume you got knocked back, so work on your positioning for the fight so that you get knocked into a wall.

Do you have addons that track your CD's?  That can really help if you're having trouble figuring out what's available and when.

Edit: Also, mastery > crit > haste is fine for Destruction. Zagam is constantly changing because he has stat ADD and he likes messing with people who treat his Armory like a Bible.

No, I reforge based on fights.  Seeing as how I was doing pure single target on Malkorok and tons of little single target burst, I pushed for more Haste to get more CB casts off while having to move frequently.  People who look at my armory like a Bible are crazy...I've preached over and over those stats make little difference.  For those who love Simcraft, I modeled myself at 20k Crit, 20k Mastery, and 20k Haste.  The DPS difference was 3k from the best to worst averaging around 320k.  I find it hilarious Simcraft models me at 320k on a Patchwerk fight but I score 350k on Heroic Malkorok.  Beating Simcraft....so fetch.

The biggest issue I'm seeing, and I'm looking at your Iron Juggernaut kill here, is your ability to line up procs.

You definitely need to be using Dark Soul on CD for this fight.  You have PBI, which means you are going to get a HUGE buff every 2 minutes with those 2 buffs combined.  The more you hold off on DS, the further apart these procs will be and the more chance you have of never seeing them proc together again.

It was almost an 8 minute fight for you and you have 5 synapse spring uses.  You can definitely get 7 and you should use them on CD so that every 2nd one lines up with DS.

Otherwise there is a part in the fight where you dip below 50k DPS.  I have to assume you got knocked back, so work on your positioning for the fight so that you get knocked into a wall.

Do you have addons that track your CD's?  That can really help if you're having trouble figuring out what's available and when.

Edit: Also, mastery > crit > haste is fine for Destruction. Zagam is constantly changing because he has stat ADD and he likes messing with people who treat his Armory like a Bible.

For addon I use extra CD to track all of them, I try to use SS minute it off cd, but I do make sure to use it with DSI and I have tried to use DSi on CD - for dip to 50K have no clue I use my portal so minute I get hit back I teleport back fast, we put our back towards cliffs. 

I did flex 3 and got inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_15.jpgFrenzied Crystal of Rage Plan to do Flex 1 try for a better PBI, and Flex 2 to see if I can  get flex KTT (if we can down shaman this Friday, might get a normal/warforged KTT (that would be cool), so if I get no better PBI or KTT do I want to use trinket I got over one of my LFR ones like over LFR PBI or KTT?

Reagarding Zag armory I was just trying to figure out if I might need more haste, and that could help-  have 7% haste unbuff right now.

Edited by Nytemare

The Crystal of Rage, until they change it to do damage to the main target, is a flavor item.  Use it to kill old bosses with heavy AoE packs or something.  It's not good enough in SoO because there aren't any fights that have sustained, clumped AoE throughout the entire fight.  There are times when you can only hit 1 mob, and if it procs, the proc is worthless.

Otherwise, just practice watching your CD's better.  It's clear that there is definitely some work that can be done there.  A dip to 50k is more than losing 2 GCD's by teleporting and getting back into the action.  It basically means you came to an almost dead stop.

And my comment about Zag's armory was more of a joke than anything towards him.  :D

so don't use FCoR even now when it gives more int over other 2x lfr? right now been only putting it on for trash pulls than going  back to the 2x LFR

Also should I just use Sac when any T5 talent can be used, and use IMP when GoSup is said? 

regardling 50K yeah I have no clue than, I play in ultra and always seeing everything in real time, so can't explain why it dip that low maybe bad RNG? yeah guess should macro SS in my filters, right now keep it macro into my burst which is DSI, SS, and GoServices back when I using that talent

Edited by Nytemare

H Thok, affliction or Demo? I'm leaning towards affliction.

Whatever you're better at. smile.png

Just did Shman on flex no KTT upgrade, however I did get 78 procs of FCoR since they kept them close, did total of 2.36m 5.7% of my dps. for 78 procs I do't get why it did so little damage, sure it proc off incinerates, and even CB shouldn't that number be higher?

switch back to lfr KTT for general and had 42 multistrike procs for total of 2.13m - 4.2% of my dps. Did 51.20m damage and had dps of 187.6K - is that still 2 low for my gear? made sure to use DSI on CD expect when he was about to hit Zerker than I delay it - at end all procs happen so I got to get off 6SB full procs (both Int trinekts, Jade Spirit)

Edited by Nytemare

you should share your logs, but i believe you HIT with FCOR 78 times, not PROCCED. 1 proc = 1-5 hits, depending on how many targets exist. from looking at a lot of logs, a ~6% FCOR damage contribution is pretty much average on a SOO fight.

you should share your logs, but i believe you HIT with FCOR 78 times, not PROCCED. 1 proc = 1-5 hits, depending on how many targets exist. from looking at a lot of logs, a ~6% FCOR damage contribution is pretty much average on a SOO fight.

Can't share logs as I not accepted in my guide yet so I can't get the client for it, I use Skada and when I went to damage and mouse over it said 78hits so you most likely right, any ways if it does the same damage of Spell A to B,C,D,& E or in my case to Shman A & B so 1 CB on one = 2 CB total if it proc - shouldn't it still be higher than only 2.3m?

Just did Flex Immerseus no pbi upgrade so no pbi upgrade this week, 

also you say on Immerseus use Twilight Ward but it seems on work on puddles which you shouldn't be in, when puddles merge damage is frost he does according to the log so ward becomes useless here

Edited by Nytemare

isn't this your guild? i see some logs with a warlock named nytemare in it http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/140646/

and holy crap that must be a big guild. it looks like they run 5 fucking raid teams or something.

anyways if you only did 2.3 million FCOR damage then obviously it never procced from a chaosbolt. it does proc from DOTs so you probably got a bunch of shitty immolate or ROF hits.

H Thok, affliction or Demo? I'm leaning towards affliction.

I think so too, since it uses shadow spells which r mostly dots, if he interrupts ur mg you can just spam fel fire immediately. Plus when he runs like crazy and u cant catch up at least u know ur dots r doin damage.

isn't this your guild? i see some logs with a warlock named nytemare in it http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/140646/

and holy crap that must be a big guild. it looks like they run 5 fucking raid teams or something.

anyways if you only did 2.3 million FCOR damage then obviously it never procced from a chaosbolt. it does proc from DOTs so you probably got a bunch of shitty immolate or ROF hits.

No I didn't get FCoR until today when I did flex 3 and I just did Flex 1 & 2 and no PBI or KTT upgrade, only other chance is Shaman Normal come this Friday to get Normal KTT (got 1 roll yet) until than should I use Flex FCoR over my lfr KTT for the extra 1.1K int gain or keep using KTT?

Also yes that my guild but since I just sign up on WoL I have not been accepted into the guild yet - so can't get client yet, but soon I will waiting on admin to approve me.

Opponent website "We are the realm's largest meta guild located on Stormrage-US PVE realm. Our meta guild currently consists of the guilds Opponent, Opponent II, Horde Side of Opponent, Raidology and Oppwnent" http://www.opponent-guild.com/home - I counted 21 raids teams so yeah its big

Edited by Nytemare

Going for Galakras HC tonight, any cool tip to share?

Pretty much the same fight as normal except phase 2 hurts a lot more.

Use teleport to get around and to prevent fall damage. Abuse whatever spec you are playing (double Seed soulswaps, shadowburn sniping, mf+hf/ia). Phase 2 save defensive cooldowns for later in the fight when damage taken gets to be higher.

Edited by Typecast

Heroic KTT gave me 32% uptime on Toxic Power.  5.8% damage from Multistrike.  I am pleased.  However, nothing is more infuriating than starting to cast Chaos Bolt for a 10 stack of Black Blood mega nuclear strike only to have to move from something.  Damn is that frustrating.  I accidentally pressed my push-to-talk button during one of those incidents so now I'm referred to as the raging Warlock.  I raged a bit.  Well, a lot.  Nothing worse than having to move and give up 1,000,000+ damage.

Iron Jug, So much lost dmg to that stupid saw blade interrupting me on my 7 and 10 stacks...

That's why you shouldn't play Destruction here.  Too many small movements and little knockbacks.  Affliction also lets DoTs roll while he's blasting you 100 yards away.