FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T16 Warlock Style - Heroic & Mythic

Don't glyph havoc because there is always an active target so you only lose up time by glyphing it.

Personally I only maintained immolate on the kill target and used havoc for spreading it to another. This is generally Hisek for half the fight then whatever is in range after that. One thing about this fight is that with current gear levels it really isn't a dps check. Pretty much all of our wipes were due to too many people dying from rapid fire or accidentally getting caught in aim (don't ask how) or amber/fire lines. For this reason I played it super safe and would try to drop amber pool (hurl amber) right in the corner, and didn't take any chances with rapid fire or choose catalyst etc by also standing quite far back. This can often cause you to end up out of range but when people are getting benched for making the same mistakes and you aren't it's better than risking more dps to make things harder.

There are only two real burn phases, Korven when you force amber on a second target, and Xaril, which is where you lust. Skeer is irrelevant because if you don't spawn the second bloods you need to stop dps and wait for 4th mutation anyway, so it doesn't matter if he gets the second cast off or not. When Korven is up you can Chaos bolt cleave with havoc on the target you are going to bait with (we do Karoz because he has less hp) but otherwise save it for embers. If you can kill Xaril before his second Catalyst then it makes it so much easier, therefore you should not use any CD's on Hisek and save them for when you lust, along with second pot and your doomguard.

Destro and affliction are both fine. When you look at Korven and Xaril damage affliction is just as good as Destro, but Destro affords you a lot more survivability via ember tap (LOVE LOVE LOVE this spell) and also has more controlled burst for things such as the kunchongs.

And Heroic Siege down.  374k DPS as Destruction, top damage on Siegecrafter (let the Ele's handle the bombs mostly).  Can't tell how that compares to most, but I'm sure strats/comps differ. 

Hope to repeat next week and work on Paragons.  For now, Padagons!

Thok down for me, 150 wipes, damn, 1 mage, 2 dks and no shamans in this fight hurt us badly.

Now my core will be back only next-year, 2 weeks doing only farms because a lot of ppl wil traveling and stuff.

2 weeks for knowing everything in Blackfuse 10H.

Looks like in 10H the best way it's don't handle with mines, mainly when u have only 2 ranged to kill it.

Thok down for me, 150 wipes, damn, 1 mage, 2 dks and no shamans in this fight hurt us badly.

Now my core will be back only next-year, 2 weeks doing only farms because a lot of ppl wil traveling and stuff.

Looks like in 10H the best way it's don't handle with mines, mainly when u have only 2 ranged to kill it.

Congrats man! I'm hoping we get Thok down on sunday and onto what I hope is a quick siegecrafter kill (I get more control over the success of our attempts rather than leaving it in the hands of others).

Paragons looks like SO MUCH FUN *sarcasm* had a few tries , holy shit so much going on.

for siegecrafter , just trial and error guys , think of it as lei shen , lots of wipes , keep trying.

EDIT: Thinking of using affliction instead of destruction for this one , what do you guys think? might be better burst especially on skeer and with 2set 100% uptime it might even be better sustained dps.

Edited by Khaos

170 wipes later and my team finally downs Garrosh Thursday, it was awesome. Now we going to start working on Heroics (Well Tuesday raid day will be focus on Heroics, Wed/Thurday kill the bosses on normal), will TOT Achs / SoO Flex on Thursday if all bosses are dead and we still got raid time.

So any suggestions on which bosses we should start on Heroic Progression on? Do we go in order like normal, or is there a better order that help get gear for later bosses

It's pretty linear to be honest. You might have some issues with Norushen with a DPS check or Sha with lack of understanding mechanics. There is a lot of personal accountability for Sa so you might have to have a stern talking with your raid group about it.

Most of the bosses just have more hp and hit harder.

170 wipes later and my team finally downs Garrosh Thursday, it was awesome. Now we going to start working on Heroics (Well Tuesday raid day will be focus on Heroics, Wed/Thurday kill the bosses on normal), will TOT Achs / SoO Flex on Thursday if all bosses are dead and we still got raid time.

So any suggestions on which bosses we should start on Heroic Progression on? Do we go in order like normal, or is there a better order that help get gear for later bosses

As phil said, linear is pretty much the order. I think the only bosses that might be easier than its previous boss are Galakras and Nazgrim. If you have 3 tanks, Nazgrim really becomes a joke since you negate his AoE damage by taunting at 2 stacks (lower rage generation throughout the fight). Our 2 healers get bored during this fight.

Noticing a bug on Garrosh. If I use Unbound Will during the mind control, it leaves me in the mind control till I'm nearly dead (we're talking 1% hp). Only able to save myself by spamming Ember Tap.

Speccing out of Unbound Will fixed the problem.

Noticing a bug on Garrosh. If I use Unbound Will during the mind control, it leaves me in the mind control till I'm nearly dead (we're talking 1% hp). Only able to save myself by spamming Ember Tap.

True, same problem with me on first week of progression at normal.

Unbound Will reduces your HP by 20% while under the effects of Mind Control, but it does NOT reduce the amount of damage that needs to be taken to break MC.  Not sure if it's a bug or intended, but that's how the game rolls.

It depends entirely on how much time you have to raid and whether or not you expect to be able to clear the rest of the raid on normal... oh, and whether or not you are 10 or 25.

If you want to focus exclusively on heroics, then go in the regular order. If you want time to finish the raid and get gear a bit faster, then...  Norushen, Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, Galakras, Sha of Pride, Iron Juggernaut, Nazgrim, Dark Shamans... assuming you are in a 10-man. If you're in a 25-man, I suggest Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, Norushen, Galakras, Iron Juggernaut. After that, go in the regular order.

If you're 10-man, My personal suggestion is to kill Immerseus and Norushen the first week. Be prepared for Immerseus to take a couple hours. Second week, give Fallen Protectors a few tries. It's a healing/awareness check, so if people have a habit of standing in stuff or if your healers are bad, it'll take you more than a raid day to kill. Galakras, by extension, is almost the exact same fight as normal mode. Don't expect any fight to be "easy."

I found this first week as well.  Its as if the game does not register the 20% HP cut leaving your break out HP at 0% instead of 20%.  I stopped using it as a result.  Odd, there was discussion a few pages back where somebody mentioned this had been fixed.

Yeah, 10 man strat looks to generally be killing mines on belt and dealing with Emp Missiles.  I ran into this our first week.  I went out looking for strat info, only strat video avail at the time was Warcraft Academy, which is a 25 man guild.  While dealing with Mines makes the rest of the fight looks so much easier, in 10 man we simply did not have the platform comp needed to slow/stun/kill the mines AND get the pairings we needed to get belts killed in time.

After a night of attempts it was becoming obvious we would need to switch up so we could change around our belt comp.

I am having to do belt ... it hurts.. my brain... so much.

Empowered Missile is the easiest mechanic you can deal with.  You literally find a place and stand in it.  The lasers don't move. 

It depends entirely on how much time you have to raid and whether or not you expect to be able to clear the rest of the raid on normal... oh, and whether or not you are 10 or 25.

If you want to focus exclusively on heroics, then go in the regular order. If you want time to finish the raid and get gear a bit faster, then...  Norushen, Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, Galakras, Sha of Pride, Iron Juggernaut, Nazgrim, Dark Shamans... assuming you are in a 10-man. If you're in a 25-man, I suggest Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, Norushen, Galakras, Iron Juggernaut. After that, go in the regular order.

If you're 10-man, My personal suggestion is to kill Immerseus and Norushen the first week. Be prepared for Immerseus to take a couple hours. Second week, give Fallen Protectors a few tries. It's a healing/awareness check, so if people have a habit of standing in stuff or if your healers are bad, it'll take you more than a raid day to kill. Galakras, by extension, is almost the exact same fight as normal mode. Don't expect any fight to be "easy."

We raid T-Thursday for 3hrs a night, and we are a 10 man - we been trying Norushen and we gotten him to 30% before enrage - we need more dps I am thinking

If he's enraging at 30%, you have some SERIOUS DPS issues.  Or you're not doing your orb business early enough.

We raid T-Thursday for 3hrs a night, and we are a 10 man - we been trying Norushen and we gotten him to 30% before enrage - we need more dps I am thinking

2dps + heal +tank ---- 2 dps  + heal --- 2 dps + tank

What are warlocks thoughts on traits for H Dark Shamans?

We decided to 3 heal it, previously I was in the top group on Haromm with a bunch of survivability traits for 2 healing (we only have 1MDPS which switched to tank so I was up there with 2 tanks, me, and 1 heal). I was fine during lust phase but our resto druid kept dieing so we're going to go with 3 heals, and I'll get to move back to a normal role in the Wavebringer group at bottom.

Can't really decide between soul link vs sacpact with GrimSac though.

Soul link gives me the passive healing and a ton of health for falling ash, but sacpact gives me the option to shield falling ash or iron prison. Since you don't take much damage outside of Iron Prison and Falling Ash in the bottom group since we're pretty good at immediately moving on toxic storms, I'm kind of leaning towards sacpact, just wanted to see what other people use.

Edited by Strife

We decided to 3 heal it, previously I was in the top group on Haromm with a bunch of survivability traits for 2 healing (we only have 1MDPS which switched to tank so I was up there with 2 tanks, me, and 1 heal). I was fine during lust phase but our resto shaman kept dieing so we're going to go with 3 heals, and I'll get to move back to a normal role in the Wavebringer group at bottom.

Soul link gives me the passive healing and a ton of health for falling ash, but sacpact gives me the option to shield falling ash or iron prison. Since you don't take much damage outside of Iron Prison and Falling Ash in the bottom group since we're pretty good at immediately moving on toxic storms, I'm kind of leaning towards sacpact, just wanted to see what other people use.

I'm using Sacpact and I love it. Hardly take any damage at all throughout the fight because of it, since it's usable with each iron prison you get.

Edited by Narga

2dps + heal +tank ---- 2 dps  + heal --- 2 dps + tank

That was how we was doing it, we had to be slow on the guys as when me and other DPS kill all fast it kept overwhelming everyone, so it was like I do 2, than 2nd dps does 2, after that heal + tank can go in or something. We trying out many things, 1st night trying it. Think we going to try General tonight. 

We decided to 3 heal it, previously I was in the top group on Haromm with a bunch of survivability traits for 2 healing (we only have 1MDPS which switched to tank so I was up there with 2 tanks, me, and 1 heal). I was fine during lust phase but our resto druid kept dieing so we're going to go with 3 heals, and I'll get to move back to a normal role in the Wavebringer group at bottom.

If you don't have a disc priest then you kind of NEED to take SacPact, if you're like me and you always have a disc priest then you don't need it as much. Even with a disc priest SacPact is nice to have for progression but once you've made the kill a time or two you'll be fine running SL/SL.

I ran SacPact for the first 20 pulls, for the last 30 pulls I used SL/SL because I was scaring the bejezuz out of my healer when I would take 25% of my HP in damage right before Fallen Ash hit. Even though I was getting a 100% HP pool shield from it, it scared him and he asked me to stop using it.

Soul Link works well in tandem with Soul Leech.  I don't even worry about Iron Tomb or Falling Ash.

Caveat:  Don't get melee'd by oozes.

Oh yea we do have a disc priest in the bottom group, so Soul Link + Soul Leech + Disc shields does seem like you don't really sacpact as much. Probably just test both out to see what works, although I'm assuming at this point both should be fine.