FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T16 Warlock Style - Heroic & Mythic

Extended and got it tonight, first time ever getting to P4 and 1 shot it :o

95 attempts total, but it was a 25M who converted from a 10M 14/14H, so we had a good core leadership that knew P4 at least.

So during Sha of Pride fight I had titan buff and told imp to dispel and gain 10 pride as he dispel two people. Didn't you guys say I don't gain pride from imp if under buff? - I don't mind the pride gain as it helped out but still

So I suppose to keep imp out to dispel, not touch the reflection adds leave for the tank. Should I do this or would I be better off do damage to adds? We have not wiped due to enrage - right now we getting him to 65% before wiping so we still learning

Edited by Nytemare

You'd need to post the log of that fight to show that you actually had Gift of the Titans up.  You can have Power of the Titans WITHOUT Gift of the Titans - the buffs are mutually exclusive with different durations.  My guess is you had Power of the Titans and got two dispels with your Imp in order to gain the 10 Pride. 

How are you wiping at 65%?  The fight is extremely cyclical, so there has to be a part of the fight that is overbearing for your group.  My guess is it's a lack of dispels making Mark of Arrogance do too much damage or a lack of closing rifts causing much more AoE damage than necessary.  Reflections should have a Rain of Fire on them to generate Burning Embers regardless of your groups strategy.

Yeah if your group is actually disciplined enough to not have DPS touch the adds, you should really talk to your raid leader about allowing you to F&B Immolate on them and keep up RoF.  This would allow you to tunnel a lot of Ember consumers into the boss.  I tried, but my group couldn't help AoEing them for numbers!  Additionally once they are in execute range if nobody is touching them you can use Shadowburn to generate lots of free embers.  That said, they die in seconds..   if its adding more to worry about just have the raid melt them.

65% is not an uncommon spot to wipe.  Its about the point where most of the raid is high on pride.  I would guess Swelling Pride projections knocking out the raid.  You guys are likely very close as you are just about at the point your pride gets reset.

Edited by Soulzar

Pride resets at 30%.

Well yeah!  100% - 65% = 35% .. only 5% off!  It made sense at 8am...leave me alone! lol

Don't ask me why my brain interpreted 65% ass backwards.. I couldnt come up with a valid excuse

Edited by Soulzar

Did it 520k on Sha of Pride last kill, farming dps with Rof at Small adds it's delicious <3

But the fight it's so much RNG that's kinda hard to tell when u did it great or just get lucky.

Yeah if your group is actually disciplined enough to not have DPS touch the adds, you should really talk to your raid leader about allowing you to F&B Immolate on them and keep up RoF.  This would allow you to tunnel a lot of Ember consumers into the boss.  I tried, but my group couldn't help AoEing them for numbers!  Additionally once they are in execute range if nobody is touching them you can use Shadowburn to generate lots of free embers.  That said, they die in seconds..   if its adding more to worry about just have the raid melt them.

65% is not an uncommon spot to wipe.  Its about the point where most of the raid is high on pride.  I would guess Swelling Pride projections knocking out the raid.  You guys are likely very close as you are just about at the point your pride gets reset.

Well I get told I have Gift of Titan on me - run close to group, get haste buff and then use Fel Imp to dispel - Yeah I do that with the adds FnB Immolate + ROF and maybe FnB + Conflagrate to proc my 2set bonus.

I don't know why we are wiping, I nuke the crystal down, close rifts - I think we are not closing them fast enough or something, or it could be pride. Healers are usually high on pride so I know they are dispelling like mad. Pac-Man we all have down so I don't know

Unless your DPS is high and then your healers can ignore Pride.  Sometimes, you dispel even without gift if that person is bleeding out or has a 2 stack.

sounds like he's still progressing. your healers shouldnt be dispelling without gift on progression, thats pretty suicidal. check out your logs for who's closing rifts, DPSing corrupted fragments, and taking avoidable damage. multiple people must be doing something wrong.

Even while progressing, I think we came to the conclusion that healers will, occasionally, have to dispel without the buff. Better to gain 5 pride than have someone die.

Now, that said, we're a 25-man raiding guild. When I did 10-man, we all "stacked" (loosely, obviously) on one side of the room, so, unless running to a rift, everyone was always within range of the healer with Gift. On 25-man, this will often not be the case and that's where the non-gift dispels come in. So, if 25-man, dispel a little more freely and, if 10-man, let the healers handle them.

Also, the way I understand it is that the GoSup imp will always give you pride (since the imp isn't the one with Gift), but the GoSac dispel will follow the rules of Gift. If you want to help with dispels, GoSac is the way to go on Sha.

Edit: Also, we don't have a stack spot for people with Gift. In other words, we've never killed this fight with people gaining the haste buff on 25-man heroic.

Edited by Belloc

I get to do that on Monday - finally looking forward to going 14/14H!

Yeah first one you still have some procs up. Soloing the second one can be a bit of a nailbiter if you forgot to bank conflags or don't get a single proc.

You can spam fnb as you run to build embers though.

Yeah first one you still have some procs up. Soloing the second one can be a bit of a nailbiter if you forgot to bank conflags or don't get a single proc.

You can spam fnb as you run to build embers though.

We solo heal it, so does not have 2nd Eng.

But the first one still boring, if everything procs at start of fight, I need to have at least Eng. Gloves for killing it.

Or hold Dark Soul + Berserking, but doing this I can't farm in time 3 embers to double CB on Garrosh + Shadowburn to more embers.

In around 80 tries, 10-12 I failed at killing Eng because Eng. Gloves was not enought alone.

RNG is kinda bitch if I do use DS and Berserking at pull.

Edited by JvChequer

Having 15% of the wipes be directly attributed to your inability to kill the Engineer sounds like you should make a change.  That's an awfully high percentage of wipes to be attributed to one job.  I'd recommend changing something to fix it.

• Like 2

You're doing something wrong Chequer. 

As you run to the engi you have RoF on the adds and can do like 2x FnB Incinerate, FnB Conflag, then Havoc the boss and use teleport to be in position as it runs out.

Cast 3x Chaos Bolt (or 2x chaos bolt if you have at least KTT up) and Shadowburn if necessary.

I run Mastery > Haste > Crit so if you run higher crit then you will need to save both conflag charges.

For reference, I dump all embers into the boss, then once the adds are around him I drop rain of fire and make my way over to the wall. Can get at least 4 or 5 spells off before I havoc. Under FnB this is more than enough to be at 4 full embers for when the engi pops out.

So, I'm working on H. Paragons right now. Is Destro still the go-to spec, or is Affliction (using non-kill targets to keep Agony stacks rolling between swaps) going to hinder my raid? 25m, if that makes a difference. 

destruction will be better useful DPS during progression. affliction even with rolling 10-stack agony the whole fight just falls behind as your first kill will probably be on a long fight. ember generation with havoc and occasional ROF is really really good on this fight.

You're doing something wrong Chequer. 

As you run to the engi you have RoF on the adds and can do like 2x FnB Incinerate, FnB Conflag, then Havoc the boss and use teleport to be in position as it runs out.

Cast 3x Chaos Bolt (or 2x chaos bolt if you have at least KTT up) and Shadowburn if necessary.

I run Mastery > Haste > Crit so if you run higher crit then you will need to save both conflag charges.

I do everything u said.

I change some stuff, and Using Eng. Gloves at pull and save Berserking + Dark Soul for Iron Star and in 20 wipes I did not missed any Eng.

Edited by JvChequer

So, I'm working on H. Paragons right now. Is Destro still the go-to spec, or is Affliction (using non-kill targets to keep Agony stacks rolling between swaps) going to hinder my raid? 25m, if that makes a difference. 

In terms of DPS, there are only 3 important burns:

1) Skeer before 2nd set of Bloods reach him

2) Korven after he Ambers Hisek/Ka'roz

3) Xaril while he's alive (Bloodlust) in order to only get 1 of his 'mechanics'

Affliction goes down hill as the fight goes unless you're padding, in which case you're not really contributing to killing the priority target.  Destruction allows for each ember generation with Rain of Fire and the on-demand burst of Chaos Bolt during each of those burn phases is awesome.  The Kuchongs are also much easier handled with a Chaos Bolt or two instead of DoTs + MG.  You can probably get away with Affliction, but you'd have to really gimp your overall DPS to push hard burns when necessary.