FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T16 Warlock Style - Heroic & Mythic

The fact that your guilds are making the destro lock kill the engineer tells me you're doing something wrong :P. Lose way too much boss/add damage if I had to run out there. Sure we could have me do it instead of the shadow priest, but he does half my aoe and 70% of my boss damage in p1, so whats the real point.

Wasn't forced at all, my guild reformed with a bunch of 570 ilvl's. I volunteered.

The first set of adds die before the engineer even spawns, and the second set you can get off like 5 FnB spells and immolate them anyway.

So, I'm working on H. Paragons right now. Is Destro still the go-to spec, or is Affliction (using non-kill targets to keep Agony stacks rolling between swaps) going to hinder my raid? 25m, if that makes a difference.

I recommend the havoc glyph for this fight. You'll be chaos bolting like no other if you use the 6 stacks correctly. Either to refresh immolate, spread immolate around for ember generation, or to even use incinerate 6 times. Ember generation is one thing I don't have a problem with this fight, especially with RoF spamming.

So, I'm working on H. Paragons right now. Is Destro still the go-to spec, or is Affliction (using non-kill targets to keep Agony stacks rolling between swaps) going to hinder my raid? 25m, if that makes a difference. 

Minimal difference. The higher your ilvl is the less the difference on any given fight between affliction and destruction, especially on 25m. Play whichever you feel YOU can do better as. I personally run destruction in any case with a minimal difference because ember tap is hilariously op and can save your ass in any number of situations during progression.

Perhaps a bit late to the party.....

I as well am on Eng duty... 

I do not run with glyphed havoc.

My personal opener is Prepot +eng gloves, Immo, one conflag... incin spam until first ember fills (timed right as adds group on boss), drop RoF, Darksoul and F&B Immo all, F&B incin then double F&B conflag.  Drop one hasted CB into Garrosh, hit havoc and gateway for Eng.  Allowing me to get some add burst, garrosh burst, and still have DS up for Eng.  First CB to Eng is hasted, lots of time for second and a conflag/SB if your procs outside of DS have dropped off already.  (this is the one pull I am happy when my PBoI proc delays!)

Second Eng, I sit on my double conflag stacks when adds come in, drop my RoF, F&B Immo, then double F&B conflag as I run to port to engineer.  Eng gloves, Coe, 2 hasted CB's, incin, conflag, shadowburn.  Getting to Engineer with 6 backdraft stacks lets the conflag timer have enough time to let you use the instant to push him to execute range.

At the end of last night, we are getting 1st heart down somewhat reliably.  Hoping next raid to clean up phase 2 and work on pushing 3 into 4.  At least missing Heart phase DPS check lets you get Emp WC practice before you wipe... lol.

Same, 3 warlocks and hunter on engi duty in my 25m, none of us run glyphed havoc.

Think finally we get to switch it up next week and warlocks get to finally do a real opener instead of on engi duty. Right now it doesn't matter since we sit out intermission 2 meaning no one would ever rank anyways :p

The only FnB I ever cast in phase 1 is an immolate. With RoF and FnB Immolate I've never had ember issues, I personally don't see the value of the FnB conflag and Incins when you can pump CBs into Garrosh.

Also I'm not really a fan of taking gateway to the engi, and at least in our raid we make it a point to use it on the way back so no one agros the wolfrider and it runs into the first iron star. 2nd Engi our raid dps is good enough to not get a wolf rider so you can just run back (or use engi belt).  

Glyphed Havoc is more for the first intermission. Was only 571 ilvl when my 25 man killed garrosh (compared to 578 when doing it on 10 man), but on 10 man my role is to basically solo one of the packs with help from an aoe silence from disc priest and the glyph is mandatory to ensure boss doesn't reach 25 energy.

I also like the glyph for hugely increased ember generation during dark soul + PBI, particularly in p3.

Glyphed Havoc in 10vs25 is probably a bit different with the way you need to solo vs just put an entire group on each pack, so I could see that in 10m.

In 25 we realized pretty early it was a waste and the overall greater number of havocs and more consistent use of it allows better ember regeneration. I get the PBI + DS thing, but at least in my 25 man we also have 3 warriors so banners are going up throughout the fight that I line up with immolate on weapons or in general just line up more with constant havocs. It also gives you the option of using havoc on garrosh and throwing 2-3 shadowburns on a low weapon without wasting charges.

Guess it just depends on your raid comp and 10vs25. 

Edited by Strife

Glyphed Havoc in 10vs25 is probably a bit different with the way you need to solo vs just put an entire group on each pack, so I could see that in 10m.

In 25 we realized pretty early it was a waste and the overall greater number of havocs and more consistent use of it allows better ember regeneration. I get the PBI + DS thing, but at least in my 25 man we also have 3 warriors so banners are going up throughout the fight that I line up with immolate on weapons or in general just line up more with constant havocs. It also gives you the option of using havoc on garrosh and throwing 2-3 shadowburns on a low weapon without wasting charges.

Guess it just depends on your raid comp and 10vs25.

Indeed.

IF u don't need it for any mechanic, unglyphed it's way to go, but for Garrosh 10man, soloing T1 it's just impossible without this glyph.

Edited by JvChequer

Congrats, kill vid inc? Those 500 wipe (or however much you said) kill screams must have been insane.

420 wipes.

9h:14seg kil

Solo-healing.

Noob Tank 2 deaths (pre-soul stone ftw)

390k dps o/

I've got the mount.

Actually I did not scream at all, I just not realize that I finally killed that mothafucka.

Probably you will not understand at all, because we're HUEHUEHUEHUEHEUBR.

In the end our druid said "I'm totally shaking" and our RL replied "Dude, my D* is shaking".

We will move to 25m this week, trying to at least kill Thok or Blackfuse this week.

We will merge 2 cores 14/14H into one.

Edited by JvChequer

Nice job!

Phase 1 is clean for us now, transitioning before second wolf rider almost every attempt.  Almost pushed into phase 3 but still getting the second Emp whirling, need to trim off a few more % to skip it.

Is there any trick to stopping Garrosh's energy gain in first heart phase?  Some attempts he stops immediately and we are 22 energy and others he just keeps gaining and tick over 24...  Sometimes it stops right away.. and sometimes he seems to keep ticking for a few seconds after all the mobs have been killed.

We had initially started with a 5 group engage but switched up to a 3/2.  I'd rather not digress too much changing things around as we are right on the edge of the timer.  Curious if there is a trick to instantly stopping his energy gain.

If we can clear up the heart transition i think we'd make quick progress to the last portions of the fight.  On our best attempt Garrosh was at 13% when he did the second Whirling (afking second heart)... so only 3% off, and that was with a dps death/rez during second phase.

Edited by Soulzar

Is there any trick to stopping Garrosh's energy gain in first heart phase? Some attempts he stops immediately and we are 22 energy and others he just keeps gaining and tick over 24... Sometimes it stops right away.. and sometimes he seems to keep ticking for a few seconds after all the mobs have been killed.

Tell your tanks and everyone avaible to instant cast everything/taunt instantly.

It's kinda bugged indeed.

Actually our kill was one of the worst pre-P4 we ever did.

Desecrated weapon wrong at P3 and most of time we don't have 2nd desecrated in phase 1 and don't have 3a whirldwind in phase 2, but the dps was 5% lower this try.

A shame, but it's ok, we killed at least.

The only FnB I ever cast in phase 1 is an immolate. With RoF and FnB Immolate I've never had ember issues, I personally don't see the value of the FnB conflag and Incins when you can pump CBs into Garrosh.

Also I'm not really a fan of taking gateway to the engi, and at least in our raid we make it a point to use it on the way back so no one agros the wolfrider and it runs into the first iron star. 2nd Engi our raid dps is good enough to not get a wolf rider so you can just run back (or use engi belt).  

The F&B conflags are primarily to haste a CB with procs before I have to go to Eng, and to have one hasted CB for a better buffer on reliably killing him.  The F&B incin is just a global to wait on the second Conflag recharge.  I was initially doing Immo, double conflag, 2xcb then going for Eng but I sacrificed the second CB to Garrosh to give myself a safer Engineer window.  I could probably drop the Incin in favor of a CB only adding a second on my timing to engineer, but I don't run haste so feel the backdraft charges are important in my timing.

I mostly use gateway for timing, but additionally we alternate which side engineer dies, so I gateway to the first and my port is setup for the second.  In regards the the wolf rider, I did proximity agro him the odd time initially, however at this point i am back at the group before he spawns and its no longer an issue.

Amazing how until the end of first heart phase, every spell is almost mapped to the global.  Blow a conflag charge at the wrong time and I'm not getting Engineer down or my adds in heart quickly enough!

Tell your tanks and everyone avaible to instant cast everything/taunt instantly.

It's kinda bugged indeed.

We will have to try and get more focus on this.  Near the end of the night we told him to ensure he was taunting.  First time he stopped right away but we didn't get too many more attempts to see if we could get it more consistent.

Man my guild makes me die a little (lot) inside. We had finally made some good progress on Blackfuse. Got him down to 13% before someone wiped us. Now we lost our other lock who's better geared and slightly better player than me and now we're carrying two of the GMs friends one a under geared healer that can't get grid to work and a rogue that can't even pull 200k. We went from easily downing the first 10 to barely making enrage timers. So much for downing H garrosh before WOD

Man my guild makes me die a little (lot) inside. We had finally made some good progress on Blackfuse. Got him down to 13% before someone wiped us. Now we lost our other lock who's better geared and slightly better player than me and now we're carrying two of the GMs friends one a under geared healer that can't get grid to work and a rogue that can't even pull 200k. We went from easily downing the first 10 to barely making enrage timers. So much for downing H garrosh before WOD

sounds like it's time to abandon ship

I'd say to GM u don't wanna carry anyone because a core it's all about team and everyone's pushing to the max to complete the final Objective.

If some ppl just don't get it, or they should leave or u should.

I went through similar situations twice this expansion. 

If you are more motivated/better than your fellow raiders, and you are starting to resent their lack of motivation/skill, then you are only going to be more and more miserable the longer you stay. Trust me.

I stayed in one guild until it died (from me and another leaving), and should have left another months before I eventually did. 

I'd love to leave but unfortunately there's not many guilds on KT that fit my availability

Cross realm raiding is now a thing. You can trial with some guilds on different servers until you find one suitable to your needs. I understand some people don't like to spend money where it's not necessary, but it's not really that much, and it's worth it if it makes the game fun again.

• Like 1

Guest garmeth06

I went through similar situations twice this expansion. 

If you are more motivated/better than your fellow raiders, and you are starting to resent their lack of motivation/skill, then you are only going to be more and more miserable the longer you stay. Trust me.

I stayed in one guild until it died (from me and another leaving), and should have left another months before I eventually did. 

Cross realm raiding is now a thing. You can trial with some guilds on different servers until you find one suitable to your needs. I understand some people don't like to spend money where it's not necessary, but it's not really that much, and it's worth it if it makes the game fun again.

How would you go about the etiquette of leaving, my guild has about 0% chance to kill thok before the guild dies and we have tons of issues including every 3 wipes on progression someone has to discuss random inconsequential things about the strategy instead of just putting the wipes in. We could easily get in 3x as many boss pulls if this didn't exist. On top of this a new group shows up every week and we have to re-progress essentially, last night only 16/25 showed and we didn't do Heroic at all :O.

try to leave on good terms if you can help it. obviously for your own interest you probably shouldnt say anything until youve found a guild that is willing to trial you at least.