Aeikz

Resto Trinkets.

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, had a sick lootday today... I ended up getting 3 upgrades having a hard time to decide which two to use.

I've got:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=139330/heightened-senses ilvl 880
http://www.wowhead.com/item=137419/chrono-shard ilvl 880

and http://www.wowhead.com/item=138222/vial-of-nightmare-fog ilvl 885

I've read that Chrono Shard has weak procc chance, but the stats are as right as they get..

But then again the procc heal from Nightmare is amazing.

Any suggestions or calculations out there?

Thanks!

Omg, grats with the amazing trinkets!

I don't know who wrote that Chrono Shard has a weak proc chance - it's always has around 30% uptime, you can easily see this in logs.

Regarding your question, I'd keep one slot for the Vial pretty much always, and would maybe swap between Senses in raid and Shard in M+. They are equal enough in performance but Shard's speed buff in high M+ is awesome.

Maybe I would try and play around with Shard+Senses in one raid and Vial+Senses in another, to see in logs how it affects resto druid HoT ticks but this is not an advise, I just find it very interesting for min/maxing in different fights.

That certainly is a shiny set of trinkets!

Just to give you some idea about average numbers logged yesterday on 6 heroic bosses (excluding Nythendra, we forgot about the logs):

• Chrono Shard (ilvl 445 only) - average 19,52% uptime (min 11,35 - max 36,49%); doesn't seem low and haste is awesome
  • Vial of Nightmare Fog (ilvl 885) - average 4,56% (min 3,54 - max 5,50%) healing done, I like it mostly because both disciple priest and holy pala don't have their mighty absorbs anymore (well, priest does have some, but PW:Shield is rather weak this expansion), so any damage that can be absorbed may as well save someone's life

From my experience Hightened Senses doesn't proc that well (I've had around 14% average uptime few weeks back), nonetheless proc is great and it might be dependant on personal playstyle (direct healing vs HoT's ratio), thus having it with nice ilvl is certainly worth testing.

That's more than alright, looks very good indeed considering the main stat proc is great, but unfortunately it didn't look so well for resto druids last time I've checked.

link
I haven't tested it thoroughly, but I guess it's because it doesn't seem to proc from ticks of hots (or very rarely), while Chrono Shard does.

link

link

Edited by saradonin

3 hours ago, saradonin said:

That's more than alright, looks very good indeed considering the main stat proc is great, but unfortunately it didn't look so well for resto druids last time I've checked.

link

This is really weird because  when I just make a search in WCL for resto druids with this trinket, the proc rate is the same or even betetr than mine. Maybe it has something to do with the raid size in your case (very small)?

Link

Link

Link

Thanks for the reply guys! 

Seems the procc is all right in other words. I'll probably do so that I use it for Myth+ just because of the speed boost ( despite of not having any mobility problems as druid of course :P )

My Vial heals about 3-6% depending on fights of course, so it seems even tho it's just crit and the procc it carries quite a lot, especially in raid environments where you hot the hell out of everything.

And the Hightened Senses proccs pretty well for me, at least what I've noticed. Seems most top tier druids use it, but it is probably because of the ilvl advantage I guess. The procc is crazy giving 4500 int (and the haste ofc!), so I always try to time it with my Innervate if possible, reapply an aoe mushroom and full hot the tanks obv.

Edited by Aeikz

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sherriddin
      I have just about every legendary.  Please help me figure out which two are the best for me to equip. 
    • By WrexialMT
      Hey all,

A small disclaimer first, I'm a BDK main in a pretty casual "heroic aimed" guild, basically we aim to get Ahead of the Curve HC and than relax, but I like to keep myself up to standard as much as possible, without doing the insane requirements some mythic guilds demand.
      So we've been raiding TOS a few times now, and I would like a second or third opinion on trinkets so far? Is it just me, or are the defensive trinkets pretty bad in the raids this patch? Also maybe I'm underrating some of the other trinkets?
      Currently I'm using a Str/Haste stat stick with a socket ilvl880 [will only replace with a higher ilvl haste stat stick] and I recently picked up a dps vers trinket ilvl925 which I'm testing out. I'm using these mainly due to not having any issues surviving fights (still not at Kil'Jaden HC, will probably use a defensive trinket at that point for the felclaws).
      Some of my other trinkets which I've tried but seem to be under-performing are:
      a 915 feverish carapace an 885 animated exoskeleton a 890 spiked counterweight a 885 memento of angerboda with leech an 880 entwined elemental foci good ole 865 unstable arcanocrystal I try to keep my unbuffed gear around the 35% haste, 25%mastery, 20% parry and then dump everything in versatility. So at this point, I'm using mostly haste/verst gear with the obvious exception of Legendaries (Shoulders and Waist) and 4 set tier.
      Thanks for helping out
    • By PingChanGeR
      Hello there guys.

So I was wondering if there's something like a top 10 list for SP trinkets because I'm switching trinkets like crazy and I don't recognize any difference at all. Switching between WitD/Haste-Stat and Haste-stat/Mastery-stat at the moment.
      Now the next question is if we're using AS or SL and what stats to prioritize with them? Some of the top dps SP are using weird setups and confuse me. They all favor haste of course but some play with a crit heavy build and SL and some are playing with a mastery heavy build and AS. I don't get that tbh.
      At least that's what their logs and their armory are saying.

• By Clementie
      Hello All,
      I need some help!  My HPS seems a bit low, and I need some advice on how to up my healing.  My role in raids is to focus on the tank/off tank  and raid heal as I can.  I've taken up this role for two reasons: I am the most consistent healer, being that I am almost always there, and two, because my BF is the main tank, and since we live together, it's easier for us to coordinate cool downs between us.
      My ilvl is currently 890, I have two legendaries, and my artifact is maxed.  I do have two other legendaries in my bags, but they are the neck putting me in my own little bubble, and the pvp ring.  Below are my current stats.
      I realize I use Regrowth more than I should, but it generally is my "OH SHIT" button.
      What can I change to up my healing and help the raid?
      Armory: Clementie
      HPS: Raid Night

• By Syanah
      Hello! I am Syanah. :) 
      Anyway onto the details. I'm at 904 equipped currently. My weapon is at 919 with two of the ones that makes Living Seed do more healing, and the one that increases mana regeneration. As of writing this I have 48 traits. My talents are Cenarion Ward, Displacer, Guardian Affinity, Typhoon, Cultivation, Germination, and Flourish. My haste is at 26%, my crit is at 17%, mastery at 11%, and (somehow even though I just kinda ignore it) versatility at 12%. 
      Ok. My rotation for large amounts of burst is normally wild growth, swiftmend the lowest, cenarion ward on the next lowest, then throwing rejuvs as much as i can before florishing.
      My tank rotation is just keep as many hots on them as i can, use Ironbark when it's off and when they need it a lot, and keep Cenarion on the tank taking the most damage.
      For large damage on people i immediately hit Ironbark, regrowth to stabilise if it's very bad, then other hots to get a better Swiftmend. 
      For my mana issues I first like to use what I call "manaburst". It's pretty much just a macro binding Innervate and Essence of G'hanir to work together. I also have Leytorrent potions. 
      For legendaries I currently use Essence of Infusion and Velen's Future Sight. I have The Dark Titans Advice, Pyrdaz, and X'oni's Caress. Trinkets I have Ephemeral Paradox, Etraeus' Celestial Map, and the Flask of Solemn night. I use Solemn night and Velen's.  I have my four piece in the form of cape, head, pants, and shoulders. 
      Soooo.. pretty much it'd seem like I'd be doing ok but honestly I feel like I don't do enough. (These aren't 100% accurate numbers, so be warned.) I usually seem to be around 400-600k, but it drops to mostly 200-400k at the end of fights. I raid in a heroic guild, so it's a little less important that I be the very elite of the elite, but still. There's 3 healers in all. Myself, another Resto, and a Holy priest. We have another healer, a resto shaman, who doesn't heal all that much anymore but still. Pretty much I'm always behind them the holy and the other resto. (They are really good though, so /shrug)
      Anyway I'm going to post my armory, and warcraftlogs. (I have no idea how to use logs so... here goes!) 
      Armory: 
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nordrassil/syanah
      annnd hoping it worrrrks
      Log I think if this works:
       https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13553554/11#difficulty=4&class=Druid&spec=Restoration&metric=hps&bracket=21

I think I got it to show my healing from on of our runs... I think. 
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xfKndz9P2hgHLbV3#fight=7&type=healing
      This is the most recent I can find. 
      So basically I just wanna know from some other restos how it looks, how to improve, and what I should look to do. Been worried that my healing isn't up to par with what a 904 should be so that's what mostly made me post this and because I wanna be the best i can be for my guild and our progression for Tomb. :)
      (Also I apologize if I this wrong. I have no idea what I'm doing.)