FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
drumsmani

n00b question about healing in LFR

Hi,

My shaman is my first toon in WoW and I have only been playing for a few months now. I have about iLVL 489 equipped mainly playing as elemental. I was considering playing as resto shaman after reforging some of the stats (mainly to get more spirit/mastery from my elemental gear) until I get better Resto gear. I have a question about healing responsibilities in LFR.

I see most guides talk about healing responsibilities being assigned by the raid leader (tank / single target healing, raid healing etc.). I don't see any such communication happening (at least not in general / instance chat) during LFRs. In these cases, what is the assumed healer responsibility? Do I just try to concentrate on the people in my particular group or should I be looking out at all 25 nameplates and make split second decisions on whom to heal (and hope the other healers picked someone else)?

From my experience, its all about knowing when to pop your big heals/cd's (when the dmg is coming in).

Other than that, AoE heal, healing rain on more than 4 people who are likely to take dmg (area where the tank(s) and melee are), chain heal when there is healing to do (don't forget to chain heal your riptided player for the 25% bonus heal).

Riptide and Earth Shield kept on the tank (pick one but if you have a druid or shammy in the raid ask them which tank they are focusing on and you do the other).

Communication is always void in LFR ... not saying this should be the case but do your best to heal who needs it.

With the dmg in lfr its mainly AoE healing with some tank healing splashed in there. Excellent place to get use to healing basics but nothing quite like normal healing in 10man.

You're right that most raids usually have a system for determining who heals what & when, but LFR has none of that. Heal whoever you think needs healing. That's about it :)

Thanks for the responses. Sounds relatively easily enough to start with and at least get used to the correct usage of spells and CDs. Now, if I can grow a thick enough skin to ignore all the rage in LFR ...

Been healing LFR for a while now whilst my guild gears up to full raiding. I use a Pala, a Druid and a priest and currently levelling a Shaman as resto just to get a feel of which healer I prefer. I would have to agree with Stoove above, LFR seems pretty rough and ready as far as healing is concerned.

I would however say that you should spend about a third or half of your time/mana on the tanks. In LFR once a tank goes down it can all go Pete Tong really quickly as most LFR peeps forget how to combat rez

As for the rage, let it wash over you, as a healer you are a god and should be treated as such lol. Plus, it gets to the point where reading some of the 'angry children’s' comments can be quite comical and therefore therapeutic Posted Image

Edited by Cashmere

I would however say that you should spend about a third or half of your time/mana on the tanks. In LFR once a tank goes down it can all go Pete Tong really quickly as most LFR peeps forget how to combat rez

I tend to spend much less time on the tanks, but again it's what you feel comfortable with. I tend to route a lot of Chain Heals through the tanks :)

(also that's very small writing. Eyestrain!)

• Like 1

Do I just try to concentrate on the people in my particular group or should I be looking out at all 25 nameplates and make split second decisions on whom to heal (and hope the other healers picked someone else)?

Yeah, find a good healing addon that lets you see the HP-bars easily. Healbot, Vudu, Grid, etc. LFR is just about spamming enough, in organized raiding you will get assignments and your healers will set up rotation on cooldowns. In LFR, just spam what you got.

1) Keep ES and Riptide on the tanks.

2) Keep Healing Stream Totem up (it will be in your top 3-4 heals)

3) Cast Unleash+HR where there are group of people.

4) When you see somebody low throw Riptide on them and cast Chain Heal off it

5) Rotate your cooldowns with HTT and SLT+Ascendance.

6) Throw a Greater Healing Wave on the tank when you see them dipping.

• Like 1

As a Shaman in any 25-man setting, Unleash Elements + Healing Rain will be your bestest friend ever. And please, please, please go for high Crit rather than high Mastery.

LFR as a shaman healer especially when you really geared, will be all about healing rain and chain heal spamming. with your HST down on cd and use HTT when needed you will essentially keep the raid up without much effort. For LFR you will also have a ton of overhealing but its only LFR...

DO not fret about healing in LFR just pretty much use your best AOE heals and see the numbers fly lol.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pocimas
      Hello everyone,
      I want to ask for any tips on my logs, since I think I'm doing something wrong with my resto druid.
      I have good gear (currently 958 ilvl) but I see other druids with similar or less gear do way higher HPS than me on the logs. I think I should be doing more than 900/1k hps, but rarely go above 700 in many fights.
      Here are a couple of logs of Antorus hc:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cHZLXF1t8J7YMwBT
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zGB27L8KYp4HXJZQ
      I searched the logs and I think one of my main problems for the lack of healing is the rejuvenations. Other druids do far more healing with same or less rejuvs, since my average casts is around 450k (and other druids go up to 750 or even 1000).
      I don't know if it's a problem with timing or overhealing (other healers snipping me), but I want to know other opinions.
      Thanks a lot for your help.
    • By Kaezy
      Hello!
      I think I am doing something seriously wrong with my resto druid. I have pretty decent gear but I see other druids with similar or less gear do way higher HPS then me on my recount meter. I've run simulations that said i should be getting 900hps but that's rather rare to see. During M+ runs when we're taking high damage i've seen 1-1.2mil hps - but in Antorus I feel like I'm stuck at 400-600hps

Recently I've gone up 20 item levels and gotten 3 T21 pieces but haven't seen my hps improve much. I've switched from spring blossoms to double rejuv in hopes that i could hit higher hps but today in Heroic Antorus i was still the lowest healer (sorry no logs from that)

Here are some logs from a guide I've been doing normal with:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fAaV8v4YPbk6W1tD#fight=last&type=summary&source=15
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fAaV8v4YPbk6W1tD#fight=4&type=summary&source=15

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
    • By Adamant
      I recently obtained several high item level trinkets for resto, but since healing isn't supported on simcraft I have no way of telling what to use when.
      I have a 930 Amalgam's Seventh Spine, a 910 The Deceiver's Grand Design, a 905 Sea Star of the Depthmother, and a 910 Bloom of New Growth
      I'm currently using the grand design and sea star, but am wondering if any of the others are better than the star.

I also have a question about ele trinkets, specifically at what number of targets I should swap my 930 Tarnished Sentinel Medallion for my 920 Spectral Thurible? My second ele trinket is a 895 Whispers in the Dark, which as far as I can tell should always be used.
    • By Clementie
      Hello All,
      I need some help!  My HPS seems a bit low, and I need some advice on how to up my healing.  My role in raids is to focus on the tank/off tank  and raid heal as I can.  I've taken up this role for two reasons: I am the most consistent healer, being that I am almost always there, and two, because my BF is the main tank, and since we live together, it's easier for us to coordinate cool downs between us.
      My ilvl is currently 890, I have two legendaries, and my artifact is maxed.  I do have two other legendaries in my bags, but they are the neck putting me in my own little bubble, and the pvp ring.  Below are my current stats.
      I realize I use Regrowth more than I should, but it generally is my "OH SHIT" button.
      What can I change to up my healing and help the raid?
      Armory: Clementie
      HPS: Raid Night

• By Syanah
      Hello! I am Syanah. :) 
      Anyway onto the details. I'm at 904 equipped currently. My weapon is at 919 with two of the ones that makes Living Seed do more healing, and the one that increases mana regeneration. As of writing this I have 48 traits. My talents are Cenarion Ward, Displacer, Guardian Affinity, Typhoon, Cultivation, Germination, and Flourish. My haste is at 26%, my crit is at 17%, mastery at 11%, and (somehow even though I just kinda ignore it) versatility at 12%. 
      Ok. My rotation for large amounts of burst is normally wild growth, swiftmend the lowest, cenarion ward on the next lowest, then throwing rejuvs as much as i can before florishing.
      My tank rotation is just keep as many hots on them as i can, use Ironbark when it's off and when they need it a lot, and keep Cenarion on the tank taking the most damage.
      For large damage on people i immediately hit Ironbark, regrowth to stabilise if it's very bad, then other hots to get a better Swiftmend. 
      For my mana issues I first like to use what I call "manaburst". It's pretty much just a macro binding Innervate and Essence of G'hanir to work together. I also have Leytorrent potions. 
      For legendaries I currently use Essence of Infusion and Velen's Future Sight. I have The Dark Titans Advice, Pyrdaz, and X'oni's Caress. Trinkets I have Ephemeral Paradox, Etraeus' Celestial Map, and the Flask of Solemn night. I use Solemn night and Velen's.  I have my four piece in the form of cape, head, pants, and shoulders. 
      Soooo.. pretty much it'd seem like I'd be doing ok but honestly I feel like I don't do enough. (These aren't 100% accurate numbers, so be warned.) I usually seem to be around 400-600k, but it drops to mostly 200-400k at the end of fights. I raid in a heroic guild, so it's a little less important that I be the very elite of the elite, but still. There's 3 healers in all. Myself, another Resto, and a Holy priest. We have another healer, a resto shaman, who doesn't heal all that much anymore but still. Pretty much I'm always behind them the holy and the other resto. (They are really good though, so /shrug)
      Anyway I'm going to post my armory, and warcraftlogs. (I have no idea how to use logs so... here goes!) 
      Armory: 
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nordrassil/syanah
      annnd hoping it worrrrks
      Log I think if this works:
       https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13553554/11#difficulty=4&class=Druid&spec=Restoration&metric=hps&bracket=21

I think I got it to show my healing from on of our runs... I think. 
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xfKndz9P2hgHLbV3#fight=7&type=healing
      This is the most recent I can find. 
      So basically I just wanna know from some other restos how it looks, how to improve, and what I should look to do. Been worried that my healing isn't up to par with what a 904 should be so that's what mostly made me post this and because I wanna be the best i can be for my guild and our progression for Tomb. :)
      (Also I apologize if I this wrong. I have no idea what I'm doing.)