FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shine

The riddle of the sfinx

ehm... Oedipus?

nope don't think so

Oedipus is an old story about a man who was abandoned as a child who solved the riddle of the sphinx and became king because of it. His queen was actually his mother. An Oedipus complex has something to do with marrying your mother (it's been a while since I've read it lol)

He was born in a city called May and he grew up to be a minister and officiate the wedding of his mother and new step-father.

Very well said, you have the stage 

Oedipus is an old story about a man who was abandoned as a child who solved the riddle of the sphinx and became king because of it. His queen was actually his mother. An Oedipus complex has something to do with marrying your mother (it's been a while since I've read it lol)

ok, I did not know that, I guess in a way you were wrong but I was looking for pretty much exactly what demyndra said.

ok, I did not know that, I guess in a way you were wrong but I was looking for pretty much exactly what demyndra said.

It was more of a joke anyway lol. Not a serious answer.

A young peasant wanted to marry the king’s daughter. The king didn’t like the idea of his daughter marrying a peasant, but he wanted to appear fair in front of his subjects. The king said that he would put two pieces of paper into a hat, one reading ‘exile’ and the other reading ‘marriage.’ Later that day, the peasant overheard the king saying that both pieces of paper would read ‘exile,’ thus ensuring that the peasant would be out of his way for good. The peasant remained undaunted and, as arranged, arrived at the king’s court where a large crowd gathered for the big event.  The peasant then did something that assured him the hand of the king’s daughter. What did he do?

A young peasant wanted to marry the king’s daughter. The king didn’t like the idea of his daughter marrying a peasant, but he wanted to appear fair in front of his subjects. The king said that he would put two pieces of paper into a hat, one reading ‘exile’ and the other reading ‘marriage.’ Later that day, the peasant overheard the king saying that both pieces of paper would read ‘exile,’ thus ensuring that the peasant would be out of his way for good. The peasant remained undaunted and, as arranged, arrived at the king’s court where a large crowd gathered for the big event.  The peasant then did something that assured him the hand of the king’s daughter. What did he do?

Hahaha, I had to think on this one, it's been a while since I heard it but I remember.

He chose one of the pieces of paper and (without showing it) tore it to pieces in front of the crowd, then asked the king to show what was on the paper he did not select. This ofc. reads Exile and therefore the crowd assumes the other said Marriage.

And they all lived happily ever after

• Like 1

I am unsurpassable ^^

Myrthe celebrated her birthday yesterday, and tomorrow will be the birthday of her older twin brother.

How can this be?

I am unsurpassable ^^

Myrthe celebrated her birthday yesterday, and tomorrow will be the birthday of her older twin brother.

How can this be?

She has a twin brother. He is not twin to her, but another sibling.

nope, although this is quite a logical answer it is incorrect.

Myrthe and her brother are actually twins of eachother.

maybe I should have phrased it a tad differently.

A good first try.

Myrthe's mother gave birth to older brother on March 1st (very early, like 1201am) while traveling by boat.  They crossed the International date line and thus Myrthe was born on February 28th.  This year (meaning the riddle) happens to be a leap year.  So it is Feb 29th, Myrthe was yesterday and her brother is tomorrow... he is "older" because he was born first of the two.

Edited by Demyndra

Very good, and this is a typical example of time being subject to perception. Since I'm not here to be difficult I wont elaborate on that. Gogo Demy, give me your best shot.

Worth more than gold, but cannot be bought
Should not be sold and is only earned if it's sought,
when it is broken it can be mended
It can't start at birth nor at death has it ended

What is it?

nope,

although it might fit the description, it is not what I'm looking for.

I guess you are kinda thinking in the correct way tho

well, it was still not what I had in mind, but I'll pass you since it is so much alike.

The answer I had in mind was friendship. anyhow, you're up

Yay I got the pity win!  I'll take it :)

"If a fat girl falls in the woods, do the trees laugh?"

Haha, here's the actual riddle:

Barney Drunkard staggered out of the bar and managed to make his way over to the large, circular kiddy pool in the center of town.  He got into the pool and crawled on his hands and knees due south for 6 meters before he banged his head on the pool’s edge.  Undaunted, he turned east and crawled for 8 meters before he hit his head on the side of the pool for the second time.  Barney decided he had had enough fun for one night and decided to go home.

What is the pool’s diameter?