FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
myhammy

Help With Crit

At level 90, 600 crit rating equals 1% of crit. As far as I know, crit is additive (not multiplicative). Therefore it stands to reason that for every 600 crit rating I add, there should be an increase in crit chance by 1%.

Unfortunately I am not seeing this on my tooltip. While naked and unbuffed, my crit rating is 0 and my crit chance is 1% (the base amount). When fully geared, but still completely unbuffed, I have 8629 crit rating which should be 14.38% crit. However, my tooltip says that I have 22.88% crit.

I have not changed any talents or specs. What is the value that I am missing here?

EDIT: Ignore this post. I did the most asinine thing and forgot to factor in the crit from Intellect. I am going to leave the post intact so that others can learn from my noobish mistake. :D

Edited by myhammy

Int and/or Agility both add crit but do not show up on the tooltip for crit rating.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Shredderizer
      Salutations! I have a problem regarding stats and ilvl, i've uploaded 2 pictures of my stats and ilvl with 2 different setups.
      In one picture, my stats are (what i consider to be) pretty high except haste, but in order to have these stats i must sacrifice 6 ilvls.
      In the other my stats have decreased drastically (except haste, which has increase drastically, as well as my ilvl)
      So i wonder what i should set my focus on, my ilvl, or my stats?
      Sidenote: with high stats and ilvl 868, In most aoe cases i outdps my hunter friend who is 887 by several miles, his skills are questionable though...
      Thank you so much in advance :)

• By Celestrial
      From what I've seen on stat weights, crit has almost caught up with haste in 7.1.5. Would it be close to viable to go Mastery, Crit, Haste if you get One with the Pack? In possible theory that would mean more dire beast which helps focus, stomp dmg, and crit damage, I'd just imagine it would take a lot of crit to make it close to viable.
    • By maviebris
      So I was fortunate enough to get mantle of command last night, and ran some quick sims. Based on my sims, it would seem that crit has over taken haste in the stat priority when using mantle of command. So stat priority is as follows:
      agi > mast > crit > haste > vers

I haven't calculated weights, but the difference in simulations was significant. I'll leave the weight calculating to others. The idea is that with mantle of command and the changing function of dire beast, it is more advantageous to get more dire beasts from crit, than reducing the CD through haste. Maybe someone else can confirm this also.
    • By timmo900
      Hey guys,

Just wondering peoples thoughts on the 20% Haste Minimum for UH DPS.
      Who thinks it is absolutely crucial?
      I am looking at a bunch of recent drops i have that are basically same ilvl. 
      I run castigator and all of the pieces i want to swap in, will give me loads more crit, but drop my haste from 20% down to 16%.
      how detrimental do you think this will be if i make the change? my crit will sit at almost 40% up from 32%.
      Thanks in advance,

Timmo
    • By FerrousOxide
      Sorry im pretty new to WoW and I read a guide on fire mage and it shows that the priority of stats is:
      Intellect; Critical Strike; Mastery; Haste; Versatility. but when getting new equipment how much of a stat should I give up to gain a secondary stat? For example if I lose 100 Int, but gain 300 Crit is it worth it? And how do I know at what amount it is worth it to give up a stat to gain a less important stat?