FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Brawler's Guild - Sanoriak

1 hour ago, Guest Name said:

Fire Wall KILLs you not damages you! Stupid guide.

Thanks, we'll get it updated.

Guest Motoko
On 1/13/2017 at 6:40 AM, Guest Name said:

Fire Wall KILLs you not damages you! Stupid guide.

False. It does A LOT of damage, but it does not instant kill.  Hit me for 2.26 million, I got killed shortly after by a fireball.

10 hours ago, Guest Motoko said:

False. It does A LOT of damage, but it does not instant kill.  Hit me for 2.26 million, I got killed shortly after by a fireball.

We did come to this conclusion, yeah. It seems our testing was on very high geared characters at first and so we didn't realise it would 1-shot lower geared players.

Thanks for the double confirmation anyway :)

On 2/17/2017 at 7:54 PM, Guest guest said:

lmao 900 ilvl, hits for 3.2m a tick

I believe it was changed to scale on a %-HP damage range, so that might be why :)

On 4/11/2017 at 6:44 PM, Guest whocares? said:

it one shooted me and im over 890 ffs 

Yeah, as I mentioned above, I believe it now scales to hit you for a %-amount rather than a flat large amount.

Guest SolutionForFirewall

Hey guys!

I am a iLvL 890 retribution paladin with 3.5m hp and I wiped 7 times on FireWall (oneshot every time) while the other spells didn't even do dmg to me. Especially as a melee class I found it very hard to deal with Firewall. I didn't find the solution to the Firewall problem in this guide, so I wiped another 7 times before finally figuring it out by myself. 

Here is the solution to the firewall encounter, hopefully it will be included in the guide:

When the boss starts casting firewall you should back away a few steps.
When he ist just about to finish the cast, you have to stand still!
Then when the rain comes down, you will come to realize that the fire is forming a horseshoe around you.
Just move out of the burning area through the opening in the horseshoe.
You have to be quick, because the horseshoe opening will close and the firestorm will take the form of a circle after a few seconds.

But once I realized this I never EVER again got hit by Flamewall and I could beat this boss all day long with normal walking speed.

Hope this helps :)

16 hours ago, Guest SolutionForFirewall said:

I didn't find the solution to the Firewall problem in this guide, so I wiped another 7 times before finally figuring it out by myself. 

From the guide:

Firewall will summon a square at your location that will quickly become covered in fire, which damages you if you come in contact with it. When this happens, move away from your location to avoid the fire.

We did include this, you just have to move away from the fire.

Guest Iamgladious

Maybe no one ever said it's bad to stand in any fire,because it just always is.

On 10/09/2017 at 2:54 PM, Guest Iamgladious said:

Maybe no one ever said it's bad to stand in any fire,because it just always is.

You gave me a good task of trying to think of whether there has ever been good fire to stand in. I can't think of any fire, only zones on the ground and stuff :p

Guest Telven

the horseshoe hint helped.  I kept trying to run from the square as he was casting (dying i and didn't see the opening the multiple times I tried before coming here.  Thanks for the hint. 

I made an account because I wanted to provide some feedback on this guide. I found the way that the firewall ability is explained to be pretty misleading. The guide says to "move away from your location" to avoid the attack, so following that advice I kept trying to spam my movement abilities and run away when it was cast. That led to me dying over and over until I figured out the correct strategy. The trick is to stand still when firewall is cast and wait to see the lane appear that you can run out.

Not trying to hate or troll or anything, but I feel like the guide should be updated to properly describe how to avoid firewall, because it's the crucial mechanic of the fight. I see someone's already pointed this fact out, but I imagine many people will be like me and not check the comments.

Edited by Koi

Double checked in game and totally agree with you guys, guide will be updated to show the proper strategy very soon. Appreciate the feedback!

-Sham

• Like 1