FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Brawler's Guild - Ray D Tear

Guest Vareska

It's really funny for me that this guide starts with the sentence: "This fight can be difficult for undergeared players." At current time, you need approximately 520+k dps to kill boss in time. I've got 885ilvl and I needed drums, flask, double potion, rune and food. It is really challenging to kill him even though I'm retribution paladin. But it is killable :) Good luck to everyone who wants to kill this ....

8 hours ago, Guest Vareska said:

It's really funny for me that this guide starts with the sentence: "This fight can be difficult for undergeared players." At current time, you need approximately 520+k dps to kill boss in time. I've got 885ilvl and I needed drums, flask, double potion, rune and food. It is really challenging to kill him even though I'm retribution paladin. But it is killable :) Good luck to everyone who wants to kill this ....

I mean, this is definitely attainable by people with lower than 885 item level, especially given how short the fight is compared to a raid fight, so your burst phase is worth a lot more compared to the best of the fight.It's just more difficult for people with lower gear.

Guest Sairuss

As of 7.1.5. I just beat this on my DH. Suggest using Fel Eruption and Bloodlet for increased ranged dmg while youre running around avoiding stuff. Save Meta until the Fel Spike starts causing waves. Pop Prolonged Power pot just before Meta for increased effect.

5 hours ago, Guest Sairuss said:

As of 7.1.5. I just beat this on my DH. Suggest using Fel Eruption and Bloodlet for increased ranged dmg while youre running around avoiding stuff. Save Meta until the Fel Spike starts causing waves. Pop Prolonged Power pot just before Meta for increased effect.

Thanks for dropping by to leave that tip! I'm sure it'll help some of the others attempting this on their DH.

Guest Chevvy

You can actually walk away from acidic wounds, i completely avoided the debuff but it costs you some precious seconds since you're not dpsing.

Guest Kxo
On 1/15/2017 at 7:06 PM, Guest Nero said:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=116138/last-deck-of-nemelex-xobeh#comments

This item works in Brawlers Guild. Rolled 100% crit and queued, killed boss in under a minute if someone wants an easy cheese.

Oh that's sweet! Do you think they'll fix this or is it working as intended? Darkmoon is not for another week and i don't have the item :P Heard it's been working since WoD.Mega cheese :D

On 1/27/2017 at 10:59 AM, Guest Kxo said:

Oh that's sweet! Do you think they'll fix this or is it working as intended? Darkmoon is not for another week and i don't have the item :P Heard it's been working since WoD.Mega cheese :D

Did this end up working for you? 

On 1/21/2017 at 2:07 PM, Guest Chevvy said:

You can actually walk away from acidic wounds, i completely avoided the debuff but it costs you some precious seconds since you're not dpsing.

Thanks for the tip! Hopefully it'll help people out :)

Guest Kxo
On 2/9/2017 at 3:00 PM, Blainie said:

Did this end up working for you? 

I actually managed to kill him before Darkmoon Faire was up,so didn't even need the item and i'm not sure if it's working or not :) It should be tho,haven't read anything about them "fixing" it or something :) Good luck!

8 hours ago, Guest Kxo said:

I actually managed to kill him before Darkmoon Faire was up,so didn't even need the item and i'm not sure if it's working or not :) It should be tho,haven't read anything about them "fixing" it or something :) Good luck!

Glad to hear that you got it down, well done! :D

Thanks for coming back to reply, I didn't see anything either so just assumed it was still working.

15 hours ago, Guest exutheshaman said:

Have any shamans done this fight?

What in particular are you struggling with? Is there a portion of the fight that you keep getting to and failing on?

Guest Markus

I've seen no shadow priest guides or tips anywhere, it's a real pain but honestly a lot easier as shadow than epicus was.

i got it after 6 attempts, tactics were easy, and it all came down to surrender to madness usage.

Im 891; void bolt wrist legendary+sephuz. Used nightbane trinket + nythendra trinket.

fortress of the mind

body and souL

soul reaver/reaper (middle talent)

sanlayn

power infusion

S2M.

What I did was: 

prepot and pre-S2M, start with mind blast then dots and get in void form asap and use void torrent ASAP, like as the very first thing you do when you enter voidform its very important.

next part will depend on your gear, mostly haste. I didn't have a lot of haste so I could only stay in voidform for so long, i popped hero right after the hand that gripped you, dont try and avoid the debuff as you'll passively heal it anyway. After drums i waited until right after gorefiend, then popped shadowfiend and power infusion (to keep myself from dying to s2m).

keep on dpsing and try and postpone the next void torrent as much as possible, use your SW:D's, void torrent when you absolutelly have to, and once you are done channeling quickly use the void bolt and then use dispersion, as insanity wont fall while dispersed so your void bolt and both SW:Ds should be ready as soon as you get out of dispersion for the last few percent.

I ended the fight ~10s after the crystal was thrown at me, with 679k dps.

this of course may not work for you, but it'll give you a general feel for it and teach you not to be too carefulabout using s2m and whatnot, tweak it till it fits you, it's very much doable with gear worse than mine.

good luck!

Guest Kobrax

I was able to defeat him as a Balance druid with 890 itlvl

Legendaries:   [Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus] and [Cinidaria, the Symbiote]

T19 bonus set: shoulder and legs

Consumables:  [Drums of Fury], [Defiled Augment Rune], [Azshari Salad] and  [Potion of Deadly Grace]

Artifact weapon: 51 traits and 902 itlvl

Trinkets: 860 [Unstable Arcanocrystal] and 875 [Erratic Metronome]

Stats: 25% crit, 24% haste, 65% mastery

Talents:  3 2 2 3 2 3 3

1. [Starlord] 
  2. [Displacer Beast]
  3. [Guardian Affinity]
  4. [Typhoon] 
  5. [Incarnation: Chosen of Elune] 
  6. [Blessing of the Ancients] 
  7. [Nature's Balance]

Details!: 570k dps in 1m 52s

I wish you all good luck!  :)

Guest Myz

Extremely easy as a BM Hunter. Did it at 885 ilvl with 1 Legendary (Shoulders though) and a Ferocity Core Hound.

The most annoying mechanics go on your pet (Acidic Wound, Gavel of the Tyrant and Shadowfel Burst). Aside from that it's a matter of keeping Mend Pet up and using your Exhileration when your pet is below 10% to avoid the inevitable. 

My pet eventually died in the last 10 seconds but don't forget you have Heart of the Phoenix to get him right back up. 

I made it within seconds, used 375 Mastery food, Flask, Augment Rune and pre-pot Prolonged Power so you have a second usage in the fight. 549k DPS eventually.

I've had more trouble with Nibbleh than the last 3 to be fair.

Guest 890 Fury Warrior

885/890+ with at least 500k dps seems like the reasonable ilevel / damage requirement for this boss overall.

Fury warrior 891/900 fully simmed and have 4 set on with 2 legendaries. I had 660k dps overall once i swapped my legendaries around. Popped my dps cooldowns at beginning but didnt use heroism till a minute in and used with prolonging. MAKE SURE YOU PREPOT BEFORE FIGHT STARTS.

PREPOT -> CHARGE IN -> Sidestep and move towards boss when casting slam -> Focus on hand when you get grabbed (aoe whenever possible to boss) -> Dodge anything on floor -> save hero towards end and use with 2nd prolonged power (1 minute in) -> FOR CRYSTAL, drop it in any corner & MOVE BOSS TO OPPOSITE CORNER. -> Interrupt spellcast towards end -> nuke boss.

Guest Twizzle

For rogues struggling with staying alive as the fight progresses, specc leeching poison instead of cheat death. Does wonders.