Brawler's Guild: Ray D. Tear (Rank 7) (Legion 7.1.5)
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. ChangeLog
Ray D. Tear is your fourth Brawler's Guild Rank 7 opponent. This fight can be difficult for undergeared players. Along with dealing damage to the boss, there are quite a few mechanics that need to be avoided or interrupted.
1. Abilities and Strategy
Ray D Tear has the most mechanics and abilities of all the Brawler's Guild bosses. Throughout the fight, he will transform into bosses from the Hellfire Citadel raid. Below, we list the abilities he uses depending on which boss he changes into, and how to deal with them.
- Image of Mar'tak: Shockwave.
- When the boss starts casting Shockwave, avoid standing in front of him to avoid it. If you are hit you will die instantly.
- Image of Kormrok: Grasping Hand.
- The boss will cast an ability that will result in a hand grabbing you. Kill the hand as quickly as possible.
- Image of Gurtogg: Acidic Wound.
- This ability will put a debuff on you that reduces your armor for the remainder of the fight. It is important to not use any defensive abilities before this, because you will need them after this is cast in order to survive the damage you will take for the remainder of the fight.
- Image of Kilrogg Deadeye: Death Throes.
- Green circles will form on the ground, just avoid them.
- Image of Gorefiend: Crushing Darkness.
- Same mechanic as for Kilrogg, purple circles will form on the ground, just avoid them.
- Image of Fel Lord Zakuun: Fel Crystal.
- A crystal spike will form underneath you. During the rest of the fight, beams will shoot out of the crystal, which you need to avoid. For this mechanic, move to the corner of the room so that the crystal spawns in the corner. This way, you will have less to avoid for the remainder of the fight.
- Image of Tyrant Velhari: Gavel of the Tyrant.
- The boss will slam a hammer in your direction. To avoid this, run as far away as you can to avoid the damage.
- Image of Xhul'horac: Black Hole.
- A black hole will form and start sucking you into it. Use any mobility that you can to avoid getting close to the black hole.
- Image of Mannoroth: Fel Imp-losion.
- It is important to interrupt this ability! It will deal a massive amount of damage to you.
- Image of Archimonde: Shadowfel Burst.
- This ability will toss you high up in the air and will result in death unless you have a way of avoiding fall damage.
2. Generic Advice
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Brawler's Potion of Prolonged Power.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Ancient Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 05 Jan. 2017: Guide added.
- PvP Disqualification Policy Update
- Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes: July 20th
- Gelkis & Magram Clans Hotfix: Jul 20
- Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes: July 19th
- Live Developer Q&A Roundup: Jul 19
- Communities Reactivated on Select Realms
- How to Reach Exalted with Gelkis and Magram Clans in Patch 8.0.1
- Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes: July 18th
- Frost Death Knight 8.0.1
- Blood Death Knight 8.0.1
- Bear Form macros ?
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1
- Fire Mage 8.0.1
- Holy Priest 8.0.1
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.0.1
- Windwalker Monk 8.0.1
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.0.1
- Affliction Warlock 8.0.1
- Havoc Demon Hunter 8.0.1
- Frost Mage 8.0.1
- Unholy Death Knight 8.0.1
- Arcane Mage 8.0.1
- Discipline Priest 8.0.1
- Balance Druid 8.0.1