Teliotec

Lets Talk: Mantle of the Master Assassin

Sign in to follow this  

11 posts in this topic

How good is it and how would it sculpt each of the 3 different specs if obtained?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Teliotec said:

How good is it and how would it sculpt each of the 3 different specs if obtained?

Outlaw won't gain a huge amount from it, but using Vanish as a dps cooldown and stacking it with AR/CotDB will be nice, if short.

Sin will mostly find it easier to get a good opener - the CPs you'll generate in that time will be insane, and when Vendetta lines up with Vanish it will be a really nice treat.

Sub will gain the most from it, assuming that it does in fact work with Shadow Dance, because on a fight like hc Guarm (pure single target, relatively few mechanics) you're looking at nearly a 40% uptime on SD, not including Vanishes / the initial pull.

It will change stat weights significantly as well, given how much uptime the crit buff will have, and potentially talent choices since there are already a couple variations in the way the spec can go, but I haven't simmed anything or done math. I get back home the day the patch drops so it will be interesting to see if I get lucky and roll it

Edit: tbh I expect it to be nerfed, either for Sub or for every spec. That or they just won't let it work with Shadow Dance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6.1.2017 at 9:10 PM, Carrn said:

Outlaw won't gain a huge amount from it, but using Vanish as a dps cooldown and stacking it with AR/CotDB will be nice, if short.

Sin will mostly find it easier to get a good opener - the CPs you'll generate in that time will be insane, and when Vendetta lines up with Vanish it will be a really nice treat.

Sub will gain the most from it, assuming that it does in fact work with Shadow Dance, because on a fight like hc Guarm (pure single target, relatively few mechanics) you're looking at nearly a 40% uptime on SD, not including Vanishes / the initial pull.

It will change stat weights significantly as well, given how much uptime the crit buff will have, and potentially talent choices since there are already a couple variations in the way the spec can go, but I haven't simmed anything or done math. I get back home the day the patch drops so it will be interesting to see if I get lucky and roll it

Edit: tbh I expect it to be nerfed, either for Sub or for every spec. That or they just won't let it work with Shadow Dance

already doesn't work with SD. no nerf required

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Infin1tum said:

already doesn't work with SD. no nerf required

Indeed. Good thing tbh, although it's still simming as BiS for the spec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was quite hyped for it because i figured playing sub if i need burst would be nice, now that the exsang build isn't as strong anymore. I was a little disappointed to see it didn't work with SD :(

would have been a little OP tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2017 at 8:30 PM, Infin1tum said:

I was quite hyped for it because i figured playing sub if i need burst would be nice, now that the exsang build isn't as strong anymore. I was a little disappointed to see it didn't work with SD :(

would have been a little OP tho.

Way more than a little lol. You'd be looking at 70% of a fight with 100% crit, probably more. It would be insanity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling this may be a dumb question, but I feel inclined to ask again because for some reason I do not see the answer on the wow forums, mmo champ or wowhead. Are these purchasable in game live or is this only ptr?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gonlaz said:

I have a feeling this may be a dumb question, but I feel inclined to ask again because for some reason I do not see the answer on the wow forums, mmo champ or wowhead. Are these purchasable in game live or is this only ptr?

they were added along with a few more with 7.1.5 and may drop like any other legendary

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gonlaz said:

I have a feeling this may be a dumb question, but I feel inclined to ask again because for some reason I do not see the answer on the wow forums, mmo champ or wowhead. Are these purchasable in game live or is this only ptr?

Exactly what Infinitum said

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By RaiTaebeck
      So, I'm currently maining Blood DK and that's the spec that I've gotten my 4 legends on. I do occasionally use UH and was wondering which of my legends would be most effective for it. Just a foreword, all of the gear that the legends replace is about equal; all 915-920 and don't cause any major stat changes so its not like using one legend over another causes me to use a bad piece. I have Soul of the Deathlord, which is the one I use most on UH, and I have  Shackles of Bryndaor, Archimonde's Hatred Reborn, and Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus. Does the Shackles passive work on UH, if so, could that be a better boost for Val'kyr[Dark Arbiter Talent] (b/c you can cycle more RP)? Other than that I'm just wondering which out weighs the other, STR or the secondaries?
      Edit: and just in case it makes a difference, my talent build is; http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/unholy/c75z
    • By Chainlink12
      Associated with the <Validus Knights> of Feathermoon (a guild almost as old as World of Warcraft), we are an independent raid being built from the ground up. The creators and leaders of this raid are two players who have been raiding in WoW since the early days of the Burning Crusade. We are a friendly and fun group of people who seek to develop a solid raid team that will progress through Antorus, The Burning Throne and well into the next expansion pack. We are currently seeking 1 experienced tank, at least 2 healers, and both melee and ranged dps.
      THIS IS AN EAST COAST RAID. We will be running our raid on TUESDAY and FRIDAY nights at 6PM to 9PM Eastern time (That is 3PM to 6PM for Feathermoon's server time)
      Important notes:
      We will be focusing on Heroic Tomb of Sargeras to start with. Those who are already members of the raid are experienced with all encounters. This is not a guild raid, but we have abundant resources. Joining a guild will not be required (however, it is an option if you are interested). There are performance expectations for all roles, but these will not be unreasonable. Knowledge of your class is expected. Preparation for boss encounters is expected. Item level is not as important to us as performance and the ability to work effectively within a team environment. We are willing to support you if you are willing to apply equal effort. If you are interested in joining our team, please post here. If you are on the Feathermoon/Scarlet Crusade server, you may contact Keyblade or Bubskii directly in-game.
      Thank you very much.  
    • By Dobr
      Hello everyone! I got hooked by the Heathrstone and want to get better at it, but could anyone tell me how to craft more cards? Like I got tired of selling low cards and they dont give me a lot of credits. So far I have build the Secret Mage deck and love it. Could anyone suggest any other hero to begin with? Thank You!
    • By BaBaWolters
      #Start NEXT EXPANSION
      #Successfull PVE Progress
      #Semi Hardcore (3 Days a Week)

      Guild Concept

      Fixed Progress-Raiding Timetable

      Guildinvite by ROLE (Tank, Heal, Melee, Range DPS)

      Server, Faction and Guild Name is still open

      Active RAIDGUILD 50-60 Players

      TWO TEAMS ONE PROGRESS
      Atleast Two 20 Player strong Teams will raid&progress on different Times over the Week .
      (Maybe one Nightraid & one Morningraid?)

       
      RECRUITMENT:
      I m looking for People who are experienced with WoW and Raid-Guilds
      I m looking for People who want to Lead a Raid
      I m looking for People who want to be Officers and Architects
      I m looking for everyone who has fun to participate in this Idea
      I only want to play with People who are social and patient
      I only want to play with People who are focused and able to deal with critics

       
      Become a part of the System
      --------------------------------

      Wolters
    • By SoundBox97
      So I just got back into playing hearthstone again, been a little over a year(still consider myself a noob), and I just got enough dust to craft a legendary. I've been playing priest a lot lately due to the shadowreaper anduin drop, and I've really been enjoying it, but can't seem to get past rank 20. Should I craft Lyra, Raza, or Velen to make that deck better, or forgo crafting a legendary and focus more on rares/epics to fill out the deck?
      I think it's a control deck but I'm not entirely sure, still new to building decks.
      http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/priest#38:1;74:1;232:1;315:2;401:1;415:2;431:2;438:1;544:1;547:1;600:2;641:1;656:1;671:1;35240:1;49630:2;49638:1;55543:2;58722:2;62870:1;62889:1;62951:2