Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teliotec

Lets Talk: Mantle of the Master Assassin

11 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Teliotec said:

How good is it and how would it sculpt each of the 3 different specs if obtained?

Outlaw won't gain a huge amount from it, but using Vanish as a dps cooldown and stacking it with AR/CotDB will be nice, if short.

Sin will mostly find it easier to get a good opener - the CPs you'll generate in that time will be insane, and when Vendetta lines up with Vanish it will be a really nice treat.

Sub will gain the most from it, assuming that it does in fact work with Shadow Dance, because on a fight like hc Guarm (pure single target, relatively few mechanics) you're looking at nearly a 40% uptime on SD, not including Vanishes / the initial pull.

It will change stat weights significantly as well, given how much uptime the crit buff will have, and potentially talent choices since there are already a couple variations in the way the spec can go, but I haven't simmed anything or done math. I get back home the day the patch drops so it will be interesting to see if I get lucky and roll it

Edit: tbh I expect it to be nerfed, either for Sub or for every spec. That or they just won't let it work with Shadow Dance

Where can I buy these? I don't see the flaskataur npc in dal or org. 

On 6.1.2017 at 9:10 PM, Carrn said:

Outlaw won't gain a huge amount from it, but using Vanish as a dps cooldown and stacking it with AR/CotDB will be nice, if short.

Sin will mostly find it easier to get a good opener - the CPs you'll generate in that time will be insane, and when Vendetta lines up with Vanish it will be a really nice treat.

Sub will gain the most from it, assuming that it does in fact work with Shadow Dance, because on a fight like hc Guarm (pure single target, relatively few mechanics) you're looking at nearly a 40% uptime on SD, not including Vanishes / the initial pull.

It will change stat weights significantly as well, given how much uptime the crit buff will have, and potentially talent choices since there are already a couple variations in the way the spec can go, but I haven't simmed anything or done math. I get back home the day the patch drops so it will be interesting to see if I get lucky and roll it

Edit: tbh I expect it to be nerfed, either for Sub or for every spec. That or they just won't let it work with Shadow Dance

already doesn't work with SD. no nerf required

3 minutes ago, Infin1tum said:

already doesn't work with SD. no nerf required

Indeed. Good thing tbh, although it's still simming as BiS for the spec

I was quite hyped for it because i figured playing sub if i need burst would be nice, now that the exsang build isn't as strong anymore. I was a little disappointed to see it didn't work with SD :(

would have been a little OP tho.

On 13/01/2017 at 8:30 PM, Infin1tum said:

I was quite hyped for it because i figured playing sub if i need burst would be nice, now that the exsang build isn't as strong anymore. I was a little disappointed to see it didn't work with SD :(

would have been a little OP tho.

Way more than a little lol. You'd be looking at 70% of a fight with 100% crit, probably more. It would be insanity

I have a feeling this may be a dumb question, but I feel inclined to ask again because for some reason I do not see the answer on the wow forums, mmo champ or wowhead. Are these purchasable in game live or is this only ptr?

1 hour ago, gonlaz said:

I have a feeling this may be a dumb question, but I feel inclined to ask again because for some reason I do not see the answer on the wow forums, mmo champ or wowhead. Are these purchasable in game live or is this only ptr?

they were added along with a few more with 7.1.5 and may drop like any other legendary

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, gonlaz said:

Exactly what Infinitum said

1 person likes this