AmiishDriveBy

Enhance Rotation

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Since we are no longer using Hailstorm, do we still incorporate frostbrand in the rotation?

4 hours ago, AmiishDriveBy said:

Since we are no longer using Hailstorm, do we still incorporate frostbrand in the rotation?

No, frostbrand would only put a slow on your attacked target so their is no reason to unless you actually do want to slow it down. Running ancestral swiftness, the only buffs you keep up are flametongue and landslide. 

If you're not using Hailstorm, then Frostbrand is basically just a ranged version of Arms Warrior's Hamstring. It does very little damage on its own, and it is not worth spending the resources. I wouldn't put Hailstorm in the toilet just yet, though. Let's see the build actually go live, and experiment with the new 7.1.5 Enhancement in different situations before learning a whole new rotation from scratch. It's not just the numbers that make the current "cookie cutter" Enhancement build so great - it's also the smooth rotation, the synergy between the artifact abilities, legendaries, and certain trinkets that make it work so well. If the other builds are close in power but are clunky to use, why would you choose them?

OK, so Hailstorm is indeed pretty weak now at least on single target. I didn't try it out in a dungeon yet, but on a raid dummy with the 7.1 standard build, I was sustaining about 20% below where I was before. That obviously isn't acceptable in any way. I toyed around with the new builds and settled on Windsong, Ancestral Swiftness, Tempest and Fury of Air. This is a very well balanced build, because the first two talents generate tons of extra Maelstrom and the other two capitalize on that increased generation.

In dungeons, where I can capitalize on the buffed Spiritual Journey legendary as well as Emalon's Charged Core, I presume this will also be a very strong based on how the abilities seem to be tuned.

There is really no need for Frostbrand since Fury of Air has an AoE snare on it. Even if the enemy is behind you it is still getting snared.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Susza
      Hi
      I have one few questions concerning fury rotation:
      1. Should I use bloodbath only with Battle Cry?
      2. Should I use Rampage immediately after it is available or should I always wait for Frothing Berserker?
      3. During Enrage time, should I spam raging blow or prioritize bloodthirst then raging blow?
      4. Is CoF ilvl860 better then nightmare egg ilvl940?
      Best regards
      Susza 
    • By Morrighan
      Hello. I'm having some problems with DK rotation after starting it. I realize that in the beginning, procs are many. But through the middle of the fight, I begin to notice that everything slows down, including the return of runes and loss of Runic Power. Sometimes I do not own a rune, and I have a lot of Runic Power. But if I spend it, the runes are still coming back, and I have nothing to beat. Please help me. This is normal? Should I use FS only when I'm near overcap? Should I wait patiently for the runes to renegate without hitting FS? I have 25% Acceleration, 27% Critical and 42% Mastery. Thank you in advance.
    • By Tessivento
      Hi all.
      I recently went Guardian from Resto. Theoretically I know my rotation, cd, etc. I'm running Antorus HC, i got the curve and i think to hold with not many problems every boss but seeing my logs my performance is always low.

I don't know where I make my mistakes but I think to have these issues:
      My damage taken is always minor than other tanks; My damage dealt... same (I build my bear full defense but my dps seems to be too low); Sometimes i have threat problem (especially with paladins or warrior); I should selfheal more but i don't see the need when I am full: i prefer to stack ironfur. What can i do to improve?

If you wanna see my armor, look here.
      I don't aim to shine, but, at least, be on a average rank :p

Thank you all
    • By Kastaleepu
      Hi!
      I would like to ask somethng about ice lance and other procs aswell.
      To maximize dps, should you always try to get rid of Fingers of Frost procs with ice lances? And if you get flurry proc, do you want to get rid of ice lance procs before casting flurry + lance combo?
      I am not sure how much icicles and maximizing their damage output before dumping them affects your damage.
      Thank you
    • By BuRnBuLL
      Hello everyone.

I've been playing hunter MM as my main for a while, but lately i've noticed that my DPS output might not be as high as it should. A couple of months ago, I tought it might be my ilvl or my mastery that was too low, but i've tried different builds and i still can't get closer to some other hunters I run into some ToS H pugs.

I'm actually sitting at 938 iLvl. Don't have many BiS, but my stats are kinda high. My weapon relics are bad(low ilvl, i'm still stuck with 915 relics), and I still didn't get any other good legendary besides the Soul of the Huntmaster.

So my question is: Am I doing something wrong or it's just my relics/trinkets that aren't very decent? I was happy when i get past the 1M dps mark, but now i'm stuck at that point, and I can't see to get past that.

Here's my armory link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/pt-br/character/azralon/piccola

Hopefully you guys can help me out on this. Thanks!