Fendorn009

Fire mage needing help gear wise

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Trying to get myself geared better but seem to be having problems.  Artifact is almost full on fire.  Just having to unlock the 3rd trait is being a pain.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Herad/advanced

Welcome Fendorn :)

Getting better gear is just a question of time you can invest. Start real raiding (outside of LFR) and do some decent mythic+ and the loot will be yours :)

With 843 there is an improvement at every corner. You could get yourself some crafted items (but take the ones with your BiS stats), for example :)

Just keep playing and pray for legendaries and titanforged gear :D

Part of the problem at the time was I hadn't finished up my mage hall.  I've done so now and I'm up to 852 now.  Now as I'm really trying to get harder into raiding, any changes to talents  or any pieces of gear specifically to look for?

4 hours ago, Fendorn009 said:

Now as I'm really trying to get harder into raiding, any changes to talents  or any pieces of gear specifically to look for?

You should have a look into the guide here on Icy-veins to see which talents to choose in which situation. Therefore try to get comfortable with different playstyles (singletarget VS multitarget).

For gear just follow the stat-prio or if you already simcrafted yourself follow your stat-weights. Other than that have a look at this trinket list from Frosted, I posted here: 

Edited by Lily

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Moonsugar
      My damage is low in mythic tos so I've switched to the more preferred spec of firestarter and kindling for some bosses. I have the Pyro bracers and the belt. Desperate to improve my damage. 
      Questions. 
      1.Should I use the bracer proc below 30 percent when I'm in the belt execute phase?
      2. Should I be waiting for Incanter's flow to be on five before using combustion (a bit like that old rogue ability (bandit's guile?)) or is it bad to wait?
      3. Should I be using conflag on fights where I have to switch target like Harjatan? 
      4. How do you deal with having to cancel a long pyro in movement fights?
      Any other advice on my spec/gearing/logs is welcome x 
      wowlogs link

• By KenDx
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/skullcrusher/Feufou/advanced
      Hello. This is my first time posting here. I'd like to ask for yer advice on what should I aim to do with my Fire mage, and how do I enhance my performance with it, specially on single target dps. 
      I believe my problem are my current secondary stats/equipment, my legendary choices and my trinkets, in that order of priority. I'd love to hear your input on any or all of these aspects and see how could I improve.
      1) My current stats are 38% crit (turns into 53% base), 20% haste, and 12% mastery. From what I understand, Mastery should be over Haste. I also have a 2-set from Nighthold (I also have the gear for a 4-set but I think the 4-set bonus isn't worth the enormous loss on ilvl). Is this reasoning correct to you? What do you think I should aim to get next to better improve my toon? I do already have a Back piece that would take my 2-set bonus away but is a 15% upgrade (Pawn), 20 ilvls above the current back. 
      2) I've got 6 legendaries: Belo'vir's Last Stand (Chest), Marquee Bindings of the Sun King (Wrists), Pyrotex Ignition Cloth (Hands), Norgannon's Foresight (Feet), Sephuz's Secret (Ring) and Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish (Trinket). I usually use the gloves and ring for AoE situations, and gloves and trinket for single target. My most recent legendary are the wrists, and I have to assume it'll drastically improve my single target dps, but I actually see my numbers go down rather than up, at least when practicing with dummy targets. 
      These is my "replacement" gear for each part as of now, if it helps:
      Chest - 875 Vers/Mast NH set or 910 Vers/Crit
      Wrists - 905 Crit/Vers
      Hands - 890 Crit/Haste
      Feet - 890 Mast/Haste
      Ring - 900 Vers/Mast
      Trinket - 895 Star Gate, 895 Deteriorated Construct Core, 890 Icon of Rot, 885 Whispers in the Dark.
      3) My main trinkets are made for AoE, having Whispers of the Dark for a potential increase in single target dps, and legendary trinket. What other trinkets should I strive to get for better performance there? Any suggestions?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read and help me. I'll truly appreciate any advice.
    • By Tutsumi
      Okay, so for my gear I  (and my raid leaders) really think I should be doing more damage on fights.  I'm mainly specced for single fights, and I tend not to switch over - but even on single target fights it seems too low.  I've tried to match up my procs for best timing and also using them whenever they're off cool down - including my Troll racial.
      Here's my Warcraft Logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/19432781/latest
      My armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Tutsumi/advanced
    • By greenieSr
      Ok so let me start out by saying my weapon is lvl 885(fire artifact) and has the following relics equipped: 

Fires of Heaven 855 +10% Pyro (Fire)
      Raven's sight 865 +20% FS (Arcane)
      Fires of Heaven 845 +10% Pyro (Fire)
      (I know it doesnt add 10% each)

i have in my bag i have:

Seawitch's Foci 840 +12% Ignite (Arcane)
      Sizziling Fang 875 +12% Ignite (Fire)
      Soulforge Ember 835+12% Ignite (Fire)
      Molten Giant's Eye 860+3% Fire crit (Fire)
      Fires of Heaven 840 +10% Pyro (Fire)

Ok last time i took out an Ignite relic i lost 40-50k dps. I put in the 855 Fires of Heaven relic and just did not stack up even though it was a 10ilvl increase. So my question is should i go tripple Ignite? or maybe double ignite with the crit relic too. I care a lot more about mythic + dps more than raid so keep that in mind. it doesnt seem like the pyro one is very good compared to ignite. Also if anyone can offer an explanation as to why i lost so much dps by switching in the supposedly best relic (pyro) that would be great. My best guess is that i was on some kind of soft cap with mastery and that it did a lot more dps but idk

I think the best two options are running three ignite for insane cleave damage in mythic plus or, Sizziling Flame, Molten Giant, and Seawitch.
    • By merando
      Since 7.1.5 it seems that Cinderstorm and/or Meteor are valid options and often outperform Kindle. 
      How to properly include them in you rotation? Would be great if the guide would highlight the use of them.
      Questions like:
      Cinderstorm > Rop > Combustion > Instant Pyro > and so on  , does this really work to get 5 stacks of pyretic incantation? Cinderstorm on cooldown or only as filler if FB is on CD with HS up? When to use Meteor in Single Target Rotation?