Stoooff

BM : Help for relic choice

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

First, i'm french so sorry if my english is so bad xD

I playing BM and MM spec according to the fights (principaly MM).

I optimize my BM spec for some fights on NightHold and MM+ dungeons.

I recently loot a relic 900 with Furious Swipes. I actually have a relic 880 with Pack Leader.

For BM, i know iLV is less important than mastery or weapon's feature. But, in this case, the iLV boost is important (+20) so I doubt...

Can you advise me to choose the best ? Max iLV or best feature ?

Thank you in advance,

Edited by Stoooff

If you're primarily using BM as M+ and occasional fights, go with the furious swipes relic as the ilvl difference is so large and M+ is almost all about clearing adds fast. 

You're going to want to go with the 900 iLvl relic over the 880 iLvl relic. That's 20 iLvls to your weapon. EXTREMELY important to have that as high a level as you can get it. The only time you need to concern yourself with the actual traits that the relic is affecting is when it is between 1-4 iLvls. 

5 hours ago, Tarrondor said:

You're going to want to go with the 900 iLvl relic over the 880 iLvl relic. That's 20 iLvls to your weapon. EXTREMELY important to have that as high a level as you can get it. The only time you need to concern yourself with the actual traits that the relic is affecting is when it is between 1-4 iLvls. 

That's not exactly accurate for BM hunters. The simulations section of the BM hunter guide explains that Jaws/Pack traits are the only reasonable choices for single target. 20 ilvl difference in the relic itself is not enough to go for furious swipes > jaws/pack unless, as the OP stated, the objective and sole use is for M+ dungeons.

If you're going to make a statement suggesting something that isn't backed up by sims it might be beneficial to provide your reasoning and/or evidence.

On 2/2/2017 at 7:56 PM, Luthixx said:

That's not exactly accurate for BM hunters. The simulations section of the BM hunter guide explains that Jaws/Pack traits are the only reasonable choices for single target. 20 ilvl difference in the relic itself is not enough to go for furious swipes > jaws/pack unless, as the OP stated, the objective and sole use is for M+ dungeons.

If you're going to make a statement suggesting something that isn't backed up by sims it might be beneficial to provide your reasoning and/or evidence.

So I have the exact issue.  I got a 900 Chittering Mandible (storm relic) last night.  I can either replace my 885 Reverberating Femor in my MM weapon and give up +1 Quick shot (reduced Trueshot cd) for +1 Windrunner's Guidance (more Marked shot damage), or replace my 885 Chittering Mandible and just get the ilvl upgrade.  I know that ilvl helps MM more.

Is there a formula for calculating a projected weapon ilvl's statistics based on a relic upgrade?  Sounds like a spreadsheet kind of thing.

I really need a new Blood relic for MM, as bursting shot is really kind of a waste.

Edited by Eyeroll

On 01/02/2017 at 8:47 PM, Luthixx said:

If you're primarily using BM as M+ and occasional fights, go with the furious swipes relic as the ilvl difference is so large and M+ is almost all about clearing adds fast. 

I'll disagree here from my personal experience. I would stick with the higher ilevel kill command boost....yes beast cleave is good for trash...but i found when i had 2/3 cleave i was falling behind on damage on boss fights, especially during tyrannical. 

The real answer here is its up to the Hunter, both have the pros and cons. Neither is right or wrong. 

On 02/02/2017 at 3:29 PM, Tarrondor said:

cool story...as BM you go grab those 3 level 900 aspect of the turtle relics and tell me how it goes. 

Edited by Banard
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Banard said:

cool story...as BM you go grab those 3 level 900 aspect of the turtle relics and tell me how it goes. 

Depending on the iLvl difference, I will. ( sims for single/three/six targets respectively )

58ac67c008632_SingleTarget.thumb.png.f1a21af61f709ce30cc9c530de87aad8.png58ac67c442569_ThreeTar.thumb.png.9642d77673ce315ab140e502a4fdcdff.png58ac67c679dba_SixTar.thumb.png.f22f724dcb11ffaf4c229e7afac90e5f.png

18 hours ago, Tarrondor said:

Depending on the iLvl difference, I will. ( sims for single/three/six targets respectively )

I don't how you simed these result, however, replacing my 870 Jaws relic with a 885 furious Swipe relic I have in bag results in a 5k DPS loss in mono target fight.

I agree with Banard and Luthixx on this. Don't go for anything else than Jaws/Leader of the pack unless... unless... 7.2 changes relics ;-)

5K is a lot... on a 6 minutes long raid fight it's 1.800.000 damage. With tyrannical affixe it does make a difference too.

Edited by Boogyness

On 20/02/2017 at 3:03 PM, Eyeroll said:

Is there a formula for calculating a projected weapon ilvl's statistics based on a relic upgrade?  Sounds like a spreadsheet kind of thing.

simulationcraft :-)

edit: misread the question, sorry ^^

Edited by Boogyness