FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
PixieKnight

In THAT place and need help...

The place where I simply cannot climb in Ranked. I've constantly been taking steps to improve myself, trying to improve in areas such as map awareness, restricting myself to first meta heroes then to meta supports in Ranked, and I'm constantly cheerful and helpful, encouraging a flagging team and talking down those who are on tilt (or just trolling). And yet my rank cannot improve. I calibrated at Gold 3, then quickly fell to Gold 5. From there I've been working hard (to the extent of only playing when I'm in a good mood, to ensure I never play my worst), but I simply cannot climb. For every match with a cooperative team, there's a match with a troll or flamer who drags the game down. I know I'm the consistent factor and the enemy team is just as likely to have muppets as my team is, but then why are all my improvements having no effect? Advice, or even coaching to detect underlying flaws in my playstyle, would be much appreciated. If there is a method to share my Replays, tell me and I'll post some of my games, both good and bad, here for perusal. Thank you.

Hello, well let's start with one of the universal fact in every moba, if you intend to play fully solo, you'll have a hard time climbing, problem in hots is, it's teamplay heavy so even if you improve on a personnal level, doesn't mean your "teamwork" will improve as well.

Try to find some ppl to play with, someone who can explain how strats work in every map ( you know like when you can afford to fight for obj and when you can start thinking about taking camp and such [in a teamwork way you know like not soloing camp but not getting all your team on it either]) they usually start to tryhard after plat 1 so if you can find some diam/low master ppl that can help you.

Have a good day.

Edited by Senretsu

17 hours ago, PixieKnight said:

The place where I simply cannot climb in Ranked. I've constantly been taking steps to improve myself, trying to improve in areas such as map awareness, restricting myself to first meta heroes then to meta supports in Ranked, and I'm constantly cheerful and helpful, encouraging a flagging team and talking down those who are on tilt (or just trolling). And yet my rank cannot improve. I calibrated at Gold 3, then quickly fell to Gold 5. From there I've been working hard (to the extent of only playing when I'm in a good mood, to ensure I never play my worst), but I simply cannot climb. For every match with a cooperative team, there's a match with a troll or flamer who drags the game down. I know I'm the consistent factor and the enemy team is just as likely to have muppets as my team is, but then why are all my improvements having no effect? Advice, or even coaching to detect underlying flaws in my playstyle, would be much appreciated. If there is a method to share my Replays, tell me and I'll post some of my games, both good and bad, here for perusal. Thank you.

Add me Clovs#1176

On 2/6/2017 at 6:03 AM, Senretsu said:

Hello, well let's start with one of the universal fact in every moba, if you intend to play fully solo, you'll have a hard time climbing, problem in hots is, it's teamplay heavy so even if you improve on a personnal level, doesn't mean your "teamwork" will improve as well.

Try to find some ppl to play with, someone who can explain how strats work in every map ( you know like when you can afford to fight for obj and when you can start thinking about taking camp and such [in a teamwork way you know like not soloing camp but not getting all your team on it either]) they usually start to tryhard after plat 1 so if you can find some diam/low master ppl that can help you.

Have a good day.

at first I was gonna say this isn't much help as you can't duo anymore in HL, but honestly I think this is good advice- more than any other moba map knowledge and team-wide strategy play a huge role in this game - no way you can move up past a certain point with mechanical skills alone.

That said another thing to consider is that the upper level are gated by population pretty heavily which means that even with a solidly positive win-rate it can take a *massive* number of games to actually climb significantly (by virtue of the fact that the higher tiers tend to be populated by those who play a lot more) - add onto this the fact that they recently shifted these numbers to move a *higher* percentage of players into gold rather than plat+, It may be the hard truth that you simply don't have the time to put in the sheer *number* of games needed to move that needle. No need to be ashamed of this, it's just something to consider: if you're not at a phase in your life where you can play video games for 8+ hours  (again, no judgement either way -that used to be me, and I used to be diamond in LoL. Now I have a kid, and silver one in hots seems like a decent settling point :P) you might just be stuck at gold. 

Sorry to end on a downer- I'm sure you can do it though! :D

Edited by Voltorocks