PixieKnight

In THAT place and need help...

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

The place where I simply cannot climb in Ranked. I've constantly been taking steps to improve myself, trying to improve in areas such as map awareness, restricting myself to first meta heroes then to meta supports in Ranked, and I'm constantly cheerful and helpful, encouraging a flagging team and talking down those who are on tilt (or just trolling). And yet my rank cannot improve. I calibrated at Gold 3, then quickly fell to Gold 5. From there I've been working hard (to the extent of only playing when I'm in a good mood, to ensure I never play my worst), but I simply cannot climb. For every match with a cooperative team, there's a match with a troll or flamer who drags the game down. I know I'm the consistent factor and the enemy team is just as likely to have muppets as my team is, but then why are all my improvements having no effect? Advice, or even coaching to detect underlying flaws in my playstyle, would be much appreciated. If there is a method to share my Replays, tell me and I'll post some of my games, both good and bad, here for perusal. Thank you.

Hello, well let's start with one of the universal fact in every moba, if you intend to play fully solo, you'll have a hard time climbing, problem in hots is, it's teamplay heavy so even if you improve on a personnal level, doesn't mean your "teamwork" will improve as well.

Try to find some ppl to play with, someone who can explain how strats work in every map ( you know like when you can afford to fight for obj and when you can start thinking about taking camp and such [in a teamwork way you know like not soloing camp but not getting all your team on it either]) they usually start to tryhard after plat 1 so if you can find some diam/low master ppl that can help you.

Have a good day.

Edited by Senretsu

17 hours ago, PixieKnight said:

The place where I simply cannot climb in Ranked. I've constantly been taking steps to improve myself, trying to improve in areas such as map awareness, restricting myself to first meta heroes then to meta supports in Ranked, and I'm constantly cheerful and helpful, encouraging a flagging team and talking down those who are on tilt (or just trolling). And yet my rank cannot improve. I calibrated at Gold 3, then quickly fell to Gold 5. From there I've been working hard (to the extent of only playing when I'm in a good mood, to ensure I never play my worst), but I simply cannot climb. For every match with a cooperative team, there's a match with a troll or flamer who drags the game down. I know I'm the consistent factor and the enemy team is just as likely to have muppets as my team is, but then why are all my improvements having no effect? Advice, or even coaching to detect underlying flaws in my playstyle, would be much appreciated. If there is a method to share my Replays, tell me and I'll post some of my games, both good and bad, here for perusal. Thank you.

Add me Clovs#1176

On 2/6/2017 at 6:03 AM, Senretsu said:

Hello, well let's start with one of the universal fact in every moba, if you intend to play fully solo, you'll have a hard time climbing, problem in hots is, it's teamplay heavy so even if you improve on a personnal level, doesn't mean your "teamwork" will improve as well.

Try to find some ppl to play with, someone who can explain how strats work in every map ( you know like when you can afford to fight for obj and when you can start thinking about taking camp and such [in a teamwork way you know like not soloing camp but not getting all your team on it either]) they usually start to tryhard after plat 1 so if you can find some diam/low master ppl that can help you.

Have a good day.

at first I was gonna say this isn't much help as you can't duo anymore in HL, but honestly I think this is good advice- more than any other moba map knowledge and team-wide strategy play a huge role in this game - no way you can move up past a certain point with mechanical skills alone.

That said another thing to consider is that the upper level are gated by population pretty heavily which means that even with a solidly positive win-rate it can take a *massive* number of games to actually climb significantly (by virtue of the fact that the higher tiers tend to be populated by those who play a lot more) - add onto this the fact that they recently shifted these numbers to move a *higher* percentage of players into gold rather than plat+, It may be the hard truth that you simply don't have the time to put in the sheer *number* of games needed to move that needle. No need to be ashamed of this, it's just something to consider: if you're not at a phase in your life where you can play video games for 8+ hours  (again, no judgement either way -that used to be me, and I used to be diamond in LoL. Now I have a kid, and silver one in hots seems like a decent settling point :P) you might just be stuck at gold. 

Sorry to end on a downer- I'm sure you can do it though! :D

Edited by Voltorocks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dejo93
      Hey guys, i need an advice about enjoying the game. I started the game in almost plat 5, and now I'm 400 points in gold 3. And I wasn't even insta picking assassins, but I still had people feeding and afking. As you can guess, this really tilted me and kill my mood for playing ranked. I haven't been plat league since last year. Can someone give me any advice?      
    • By Blackknight21
      Servus, wir sind momentan auf der suche nach 3 Leuten für ein ranked Team.
      Blackknight#2405(Support/Flex), Woddy#22984(Flex).
      Wir haben selber erst diesen Monat wieder angefangen, nach einer längeren Pause. Ihr müsst nicht die besten Spieler sein, nur das Grundverständnis vom Spiel sollte schon da sein.(Wir sind beide noch unranked)
      Kritik sollte gut aufgenommen werden und als besserungs Vorschlag angesehen werden, natürlich nehmen wir Kritik auch gerne entgegen, also wenn ihr meint wir machen irgendwas falsch oder könnten was besser machen sagt es uns ! :)
      Ihr solltet mindestens Lvl 150 sein und vom Alter 16+
      Wir hoffen das wir ein gutes Team zusammen kriegen und so gemeinsam aufsteigen können. Falls ihr Interesse habt addet uns einfach und schreibt uns an. Dann können wir ein Paar Runden machen und schauen wie wir so miteinander auskommen.
      Danke für das lesen und einen schonen Tag noch ;)
    • By nickthypig1
      Ok so here's the deal: I've spent hundreds of dollars on hearthstone. I thought that if I had better cards, I'd be able to build better decks and climb to legend status in the ranked game mode. I look on icy veins and hearthpwn for decks, and copy them to a tee. I use the ones that say they can make it to legend. I've been playing A LOT, even with the "super" decks, but I still can't win. I can't make it past rank 18.

I heard that 18 was the hardest to pass, but I'm losing against people who I'm sure haven't spent as much money or time as me. It doesn't seem like the decks really matters. I realize it is a game of luck, but (as I'm sure you know) my decks are good for most situations.

Am I doing something wrong? I can detail my play style or add you on hearthstone or something. I desperately need help. 

A guide for what strategies to use, an actual good deck list, or anything else that you think may help would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I play as druid mostly (my favorite) but I also like mage, then hunter, then warrior.
    • By ChaosKnightI
      Hey guys!   My name is ChaosKnightI and I am from The Chaos Vanguard!   The Chaos Vanguard is an extremely large Multi-Gaming community that strives to stamp its name into the online gaming world. With over 350 active members daily on teamspeak, we support a large variety of games such as League of Legends, Heroes of The Storm, Hearthstone, CS:GO, Dota II, Archeage, Diablo 3, TERA, Smite, H1Z1 and MORE. The Chaos Vanguard currently promotes both Social/Casual & Competitive play styles, we believe we can offer you the perfect community experience regardless of your play style. Whether you're good or bad, experienced or new, you will always be able to find people to play with! :)   If you like playing Hearthstone and/or any of the other games we have here, come check us out!

What can we offer for Hearthstone?
      For Hearthstone we can offer you a chance to improve your gameplay in a friendly environment and share your experience with other players! What we offer:
      *Coaching for Arena, including how to draft a deck and how to play it afterwards.
      *Coaching for Constructed, teaching deck archetypes, meta and how to counter it.
      *Hearthstone tournaments!
      *Lots and lots of fun! ^^
          Requirements   You must be atleast 16 years old or older. Must Have a Working Microphone. Must Have TeamSpeak 3. Must be able to understand/speak English.   How to Join
        If you meet all the requirements above then please head on over to our website to fill out a quick and easy application! One of our staff members will respond in MINUTES, we feel it's important to get you in the game and playing with our members as fast as possible, there is no lengthy interview, a short introduction talk and you're on your way.   Website- www.thechaosvanguard.co.uk   If you get lost and you're unsure what to do, please just jump onto our TS and poke any of our Recruiters or Moderators to help!   Teamspeak- ts3.thechaosvanguard.co.uk   Further questions or stuck but a little bit shy? Feel free to add one of our recruiters/moderators in game to have a quick chat, they'll be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Thank you for taking the time to check us out and I hope to see you soon! ^^
    • By Educatedcollins
      (Edit: It's been a while since I have updated the OP and what the stream is about. I hope it is still something people will want to watch.)

Hello, I'm Educated_collins on twitch and I have created a Hearthstone Arena and Constructed Community through my stream. The goal of the community is two-fold. The first goal is to help other Hearthstone Players master Arena, (Which I coach FOR FREE REGULARLY on my stream).  The second goal, the one I want to be doing all my life regardless of what my day job will be, is to create supportive communities/families that will help each other succeed and generate humans that create a positive environment no matter where they end up in the world.

SO, to recap I'm an infinite arena player and I want to do something with my current success that will make future generations better humans even when I'm not around anymore and having a free coaching channel was the best/quickest way to get people to know me.

http://www.twitch.tv/educated_collins

(A lot of people have asked in the past why I do not track arena stats. Well truthfully, it's because (being an arena streamer, a lot of people who watch will just understand that I play on an above average level so I've never really been challenged on my skills and I just do not have the time to be updating every single coaching and individual run I do.) I just feel I could be using my time more efficiently so I have never gotten around to tracking my stats.)

The key thing about my channel is that it is EXTREMELY easy to talk to me outside of streams. I'm not like the popular/famous streamers that do not have all the time in the world. I have a reasonable amount of extra-time at the moment that I try to fill talking with the community and making YouTube Videos and such so if you want to speak to me TODAY, it is actually REALLY EASY.

Here is the two BEST ways to contact me:

#1 - Add me on Skype. My Skype Name is (Educatedcollins) Here is an image for those that need it. http://gyazo.com/4f4be1bb6071a96c0f6b8050a0f7294a(As well as adding me on Skype, I will ask if you want to be put in a Large Community of Hearthstone Coaches, Trainees and Mentors that can help you with BOTH Arena and Constructed coaching for free when I'm not around and also generic life advice to succeed in the 21th century. I HIGHLY recommend it.)

#2 - Join my Teamspeak3 server. (Address is ts67.gameservers.com:9125) I am usually on there all day and you can see when I use the streaming channel in it. It is relatively new at this point so the 35 person limit should be big enough until I have to think about expanding it. While it is mostly used for Hearthstone Arena and Constructed, There are already channels for League of Legends and CS:GO and I will make more channels as requested. Here is an image for those that need it. http://gyazo.com/c8c530fc03f4ee05348a3619fbe5a00b

My issue with the current streamers at the time is that they have SOO much influence, and they are not using it to the fullest. I know they do not have that much time anymore since they are busy streaming 7-8 hours a day and dealing with their real life but I honestly feel that I could do a better job if I was given the opportunity. It does not take that long to make another human being's life better and if that was done each and every single day, the world would not be as F***** Up as it seems. (Those are just my personal opinions, we are all entitled to them.)

I also have a YouTube Channel that I am super active on, I will try to bring this amount of quality to all my new videos.

The YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgjeOO9E_ITXbpEAzh2kyIg

I appreciate taking the time to read this. I also would appreciate any advice about the nature of my overlay. I have edited it multiple times and found something I like but I am willing to listen to anyone that wants to help improve my stream. Thanks and Have a great day. <3