FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Parmenion

am i dull vs. Decks

Hi folks,

first, i am no native speaker so excuse my speeling etc.

I made a Combo Dragon Priest, like here, only changed the 4/8 Taunt Dragon with Ysera cos i dont have the taunt, and not enough dust to craft it.

First time ever i reached with this deck Rank 10. And i am a little proud of it. BUT, now i only face 3 Decks. The Priest with 2 dmg refresh heropower, jade druid and the rouge with no 2 mana +1+1 combo... and i loose 4 of 5 games. Is it my deck thats not good against it or as the thread topic says i am just dull/stupid. Its frustrating if you see your opponents does their combo and your helpless about it

And no i dont want to spend real money for more cards. Actually i have 65 gold and 230 Dust. Hopefully you understand my problen. And in best case you can help me 

Greetings

Parmenion

The 3 decks you mention are the strongest decks at the moment. (you may add Control Priest + ZooWarlock / TokenDruid which are strong too.)

Combo Dragon Priest is weaker then the decks mentioned above. It is "normal" that you loose (way) more games to them than you win.

To be honest, if both players have the same skill-level, I don't see much chances of Combo Dragon Priest to get to rank legend (or even rank 5). (I can't remember playing against a Combo Dragon Priest, which seems to prove my point)

I have never played this deck myself, that's why I can't give you much advise how to play it.

Two replays could be helpful, maybe there are some missplays that can be improved and that way get a few more wins against these decks.

Unfortunatly Hearthstone has become incredible expensive. To craft a Tier 1 deck you need around twice, more like thrice, the dust you needed last year.

Firstly,congrats on R10,this means you have put some serious time and effort to reach there!Fortunately you are piloting a Tier 1 deck (at least with current meta dynamics),unfortunately the same deck is very slow and thus weak against more aggro or even tempo decks as the ones you mentioned above.It is not about bad card draw,RNG or astral alignment,they just have better ways to stand against you in early game and by the time you will start gaining ground they are able to wipe you out.

If you share your deck here and maybe some replays ,we could possibly find what and if there is something wrong.

Hey there,

thanks for answering. I am still laughing.

Cos u both said you need replays i started recording my games and i only made one card change now i am  nearly rank 8 after 19 games with a winrate of  nearly 80% so no replays to show cos 2 of the losses were due to a huge misplay. and the third/forth loss was cos i missread the deck of my opponent.

But my Deck is now the following:

Inner Fire x2
Northshire Cleric x2
Power Word: Shield x2
Divine Spirit x2
Netherspite Historian x2
Radiant Elemental x2
Shadow Visons x2
Schadow Word: Pain x2
Kabal Talonpriest x2
Shadow Word: Death x2
Priest of the Feast x2
Twilight Drake
Drakonid Operative x2
Bone Drake x 2
Dragonfire Potion x2
Ysera

Only change to the deck i have used when i posted first was 1 more Twilight Drake and i changed it for the 2nd Divine Spirit

ok now i have a replay where i realy do not know how i could have won this:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/orpBfqpWXmTs4Ne5w4PX5T

if i find more i will add them

Edited by Parmenion

1 hour ago, Parmenion said:

Hey there,

thanks for answering. I am still laughing.

Cos u both said you need replays i started recording my games and i only made one card change now i am  nearly rank 8 after 19 games with a winrate of  nearly 80% so no replays to show cos 2 of the losses were due to a huge misplay. and the third/forth loss was cos i missread the deck of my opponent.

But my Deck is now the following:

Inner Fire x2
Northshire Cleric x2
Power Word: Shield x2
Divine Spirit x2
Netherspite Historian x2
Radiant Elemental x2
Shadow Visons x2
Schadow Word: Pain x2
Kabal Talonpriest x2
Shadow Word: Death x2
Priest of the Feast x2
Twilight Drake
Drakonid Operative x2
Bone Drake x 2
Dragonfire Potion x2
Ysera

Only change to the deck i have used when i posted first was 1 more Twilight Drake and i changed it for the 2nd Divine Spirit

ok now i have a replay where i realy do not know how i could have won this:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/orpBfqpWXmTs4Ne5w4PX5T

if i find more i will add them

Well, first of all, WedgeAntilles is right, those are the top-dogs right now, you need RNG on your side in addition to making almost-perfect plays in general.

Picking Midnight Drake over Twilight Drake is not a great idea, latter gives you better board against any possible board clear. Attacking the Mirror Entity with Netherspite Historian was wrong, as you went on to Shadow Word: Pain it.

Other than that, as your opponent completed the quest on Turn 9, there is nothing you could do.

24 minutes ago, Caldyrvan said:

I'm so glad I stopped with the grind on ranked, I have so damn no need to play against these decks :D

You'll see fully decked out Highlander Priest, Quest Mage...etc decks at rank 20 too.  Honestly I rarely see a deck that isn't tier 1 and I'm not even in single digits rank-wise.

Edited by Mursilis

7 hours ago, Mursilis said:

You'll see fully decked out Highlander Priest, Quest Mage...etc decks at rank 20 too.  Honestly I rarely see a deck that isn't tier 1 and I'm not even in single digits rank-wise.

Well, that's (and since quests came out) why I stopped bothering playing ranked beyond rank 20-15, To much grind vs the same dull decks over and over. No fun and not worth the possible rewards I might get and definitely not worth my time :D

hey there,

even posts geting little off topic, i want to give you a update.

After the adjustment i told earlier, i have reached rank 7 now. And yes there games that i loose without a chance and yes i win games and my opponent stands no chance. But i have obtained a winrate round about 60% and i am proud of it. Cos as i mentioned before my best rank ever before was 11 oder 12 so i have reached a good ranke i think. And i have only started playing HS again 2 weeks ago after i played a few games shortly after frozen throne realase, last time i played more was in March. 

So thanks for the post related answers, and the rest.. play what you like to play nobody forces you to play something you dont like.