FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
OroNerVoSo

How to imporve a Deathrattle Aggro Rogue - Standard

Hi all! i've founded a different use of the Illusionist cobold and i have made this deck.

but sometimes it just don't work.

Early game seems pretty good Vs all. Need some help about it... 

### deathrattle rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (1) Cold Blood
# 2x (2) Cheap Shot
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Plated Beetle
# 2x (2) Shiv
# 1x (3) Sonya Shadowdancer
# 2x (4) Kobold Illusionist
# 1x (5) Carnivorous Cube
# 2x (5) Guild Recruiter
# 2x (5) Lesser Onyx Spellstone
# 1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof
# 2x (7) Silver Vanguard
# 2x (8) Deranged Doctor
# 2x (8) Splitting Festeroot
# 1x (9) Valeera the Hollow
#
AAECAaIHBKQDgNMCi+ECz+ECDbQB+wGMAr0EiAfn4QLq5gLw5gL15wLY6QLA7AKx7gK88QIA
#

• Like 1

If you want to play around Silver Vanguard and Kobold Illusionist, you can add Master Oakheart to recruit them. Then you should improve your 8 mana pool, adding some good minion like The Lich King. Yes, I said 2 legendaries. Sorry.
Other good cards for a 8 mana pool could be Primordial Drake (taunt and good battlecry) or Gilnean Royal Guard (rush), but both doesn't work well with the Kobold, while the Lich King does.

Other cards I would like are the secret Cheat Death to resummon strong deathtrattle OR the illusionist. Sap can help a lot against control.

As you are playing around the kobold, maybe you should cut other little minion that can be recruited by the Guild Recruiter.

Edited by Synesthesy
  • Like 1

I like to see players trying different things but I feel like after the early game you need to draw above average to get the upper hand in the game. This means it's simply not bad but inconsistent that's why, as you said, it sometimes works sometimes not.

Edited by Caldyrvan

12 hours ago, Synesthesy said:

If you want to play around Silver Vanguard and Kobold Illusionist, you can add Master Oakheart to recruit them. Then you should improve your 8 mana pool, adding some good minion like The Lich King. Yes, I said 2 legendaries. Sorry.
Other good cards for a 8 mana pool could be Primordial Drake (taunt and good battlecry) or Gilnean Royal Guard (rush), but both doesn't work well with the Kobold, while the Lich King does.

Other cards I would like are the secret Cheat Death to resummon strong deathtrattle OR the illusionist. Sap can help a lot against control.

As you are playing around the kobold, maybe you should cut other little minion that can be recruited by the Guild Recruiter.

Primordial Drake --> BAD because Recruit don't Trigger Battle Cry.

The Lich King --> is a good option , but i got n°4 8 mana cards , 2 heals me , 2 make board for SHADOWED cold blood while you are Valeera the Hollow. i mean it's a card tha can add to your hand another HIGH COSTS CARDS. so it will Freeze the deck cycle more than the actual composition

Master Oakearth isn't good , because it costs 9 , and i need the low creatures when i use # 2x (5) Guild Recruiter... so i can do Cold Blood on The recruiter  and you have a 6/5 that wasn't noticed by enemy.

Gilnean Royal Guard : not good.

Charged Devilsaur is a good option. but if you play him , you need also DOUBLE CUBE , that can be heavy. now i have 1x cube , and in 1x it represent an addiction to the deck , not a focal point. DEVILSAUR can attack HERO if it's summoned from deck , or by cube. if u play it from your hand , you can't attack heroes.

the result can BE 14 dmg face at turn 10. 

Example --> devilsaur 1/1 evoked by illusionist dead in your turn.

Cube on the devilsaur 

Then cube on the cube and you ahve a double Devilsaur that make 14 dmg and BATTLE CRY don't trigger. so you can attack the hero

cheat death is a good option , but Eviscerate , cheapshot (also for killing my deathrattles), and Shiv are better solutions option that let me survive till Turn 4.

Edited by OroNerVoSo

6 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

I like to see players trying different things but I feel like after the early game you need to draw above average to get the upper hand in the game. This means it's simply not bad but inconsistent that's why, as you said, it sometimes works sometimes not.

in many games this gets' consistent.

*edit* cheap shot , hero power , Backstab , Shiv , Eviscerate are all cards to control early game.

But in fact , the best games where i win are the games where i have  1 plated beetle and 1 rectuiter.

Very Very often Recruiter can Recruit Sonya. if you have a little board , and this recruits Sonya , the game is done.

the MAIN problem is the indecision over those creatures. there are for sure better creature to get recruited instead of :

# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Plated Beetle

Sonya it's core. i can heal 8 life with a 1/1 deranged doctor.

Also "saint" sonya it's awesome with # 1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof and # 2x (8) Splitting Festeroot

# 2x (8) Splitting Festeroot it's a good option only if you run COLD BLOOD.

Edited by OroNerVoSo

I was just pointing out that you need to draw specific cards and then again get specific cards from your hand into play with the illusionist. That's why I think it's a high roll deck and therefor a bit inconsistent after the early game.

1 minute ago, Caldyrvan said:

I was just pointing out that you need to draw specific cards and then again get specific cards from your hand into play with the illusionist. That's why I think it's a high roll deck and therefor a bit inconsistent after the early game.

exactly.

the objective is the choice of creatures.

So , Wich creatures are always the the Specific Card you need? i think there is a solution.

i keep playing to get exp and understand this.

another FUNNY FUNNY version.

### deathrattle rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 1x (1) The Caverns Below
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Cheap Shot
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Plated Beetle
# 2x (2) Sap
# 2x (2) Shiv
# 2x (3) Shrieking Shroom
# 1x (3) Sonya Shadowdancer
# 2x (4) Kobold Illusionist
# 2x (5) Guild Recruiter
# 2x (5) Lesser Onyx Spellstone
# 2x (7) Silver Vanguard
# 2x (8) Deranged Doctor
# 2x (8) Splitting Festeroot
# 1x (9) Valeera the Hollow
#
AAECAaIHBO0FhsICgNMCz+ECDbQBzQO9BIgH5+EC6uYC8OYC9ecCpugC2OkCwOwCse4CvPECAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Edited by OroNerVoSo